Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    We aren’t LA. We get low numbers in US markets so MLS doesn’t care.
    I think you underestimate MLSE! Does TFC have anything to lose in this context?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    I think you underestimate MLSE! Does TFC have anything to lose in this context?
    If MLSE could sign and pay whoever they wanted whatever they wanted, and have 4 DPs, and waive and reacquire players... they would have done it.

It’s just not going to happen outside the LAG context. You do realize that MLSE doesn’t own and operate MLS despite having the same letters in their initialism, right? TFC has everything to lose: your roster isn’t compliant, give away your players, etc. Do you not remember what happened with Laba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovanni Dos Santos has had his contract bought out by the LA Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    I would take a shot at him, he can play the wing.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    LA is first in line through the allocation process to sign him to a TAM contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    LA is first in line through the allocation process to sign him to a TAM contract.
    Toronto is number one on the allocation list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA is first in line for players put on waivers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Toronto is number one on the allocation list.
    Toronto is first on the allocation list for players coming from outside the list. Galaxy were first on the waiver list for players already in the league.
    Damien didn't word his post correctly, so that explains some of the confusion

Although the Galaxy just ysed that waiver spot on Julian araujo so jds won't be going back to LA
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-02-2019 at 12:21 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No to Dos Santos.

Can't play the wing, is not disciplined & has to play in a 2 man front line.

In essence, he's a Seba type of player without that much skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaGenk View Post
    Deal is done. From our side happy that this saga is finally over with an extra 2 mil. for him but nobody understands why the hell he should stay another 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure that the Genk fans will help you to be able to welcome him even sooner. He'll better run outta Belgium, no risk for injury and Genk can finally focus on playing playoffs without Pozo.
    Hey ForzaGenk......any updates to report? Is Pozo likely to play for you guys tomorrow? I assume the reason he is not coming till the 17th is so he can play the last 3 games?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I'd love to hear some insider info about Genk fans turning on Pozeulo, like spray-painting "Judas" on his parking space and making chants about him caring only about getting paid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Also I'd love to hear some insider info about Genk fans turning on Pozeulo, like spray-painting "Judas" on his parking space and making chants about him caring only about getting paid.
    Pffffffttttt. That's child's play compared to what John Tavares went through last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Pffffffttttt. That's child's play compared to what John Tavares went through last night.
    Yeah, I don’t even get out of bed for a story unless it involves an owner sending thugs to beat up his own players.

Tabloid articles about parking spot vandalism and supporters chanting about footballers caring about money is pretty tame for this kind of “journalism.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In before the lock...

I love Jozy. There's already been lots of talk whether his bad injuries are behind him; how many minutes he can play; etc. Fingers crossed the worst of all that is behind us!

However I still don't understand how Jozy would fit into Vanney's apparent new formation. I.e. one real striker; two wingers; more balls to the head via crosses rather than to the feet; etc. What do you guys think?

Jozy is big, but not a classic target forward. He likes balls mostly to the feet (although he also scores a few great headers). He often likes to play in close with another forward (like Seba). He can get frustrated when he's isolated.

Perhaps it can be done, e.g. by alternating with one of the two wingers or Pozuelo (or Osorio) playing closer to Altidore, depending how & where the game is developing. But I think that requires lots of positional smarts by multiple players than can probably only be learned after weeks or months of practice. At least a full pre-season, which ain't happening.

Next issue: with Pozuelo & Jozy, I think we have two players who don't do much defence. That's probably about the limit that you can afford in MLS. That means the wingers they are apparently still trying to get, need to be willing to help out via frequent high press. Also the other two midfielders have to defend alot (which isn't the best role for Osorio). With the way our defence is looking, otherwise we'll continue to play kamikaze footy, just hoping to score more than the others.

Speaking of defence: Ciman is a good upgrade on Hernandez, and a possible backup/alternate player for Moor, who is another year older & had lots of injuries last year. But that's it. What we really needed, was a backup for Mavinga. I think so far we're screwed if Mavinga gets injured (it's happened quite often), or needs a break to avoid injury.

What do people think of our lineup w/o Mavinga in a situation like that? Is there any hope for a young guy? Also we've lost Hagglund; we had high hopes for him at one point. We will definitely miss his aerial prowess, which was important at certain times, and was a great option to bring off the bench. I think TFC still needs to sign a backup for Mavinga / replacement for Hagglund, but I haven't heard a peep about that. (Probably looking at summer at the earliest.)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-02-2019 at 09:50 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ TL;dr: You can either find (and/or train) players to fit your formation. Or you can find a formation that fits your players. At this point in the season, it has to mostly be the latter.

Also I hope that extending Altidore now was really what they wanted. And not a by-product of negotiating (and looking) late, being "surprised" by changes such as Seba & Vazquez, and getting blasted and worried by the end of a difficult off-season. Again, I love Jozy, and he's ours now for 3 more years, hopefully that turns out amazing.

Now it's time for Vanney (and Curtis) to work magic with what we got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season has started, time to close this thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Gashi? I know that he has struggled, with both form and injuries, in the last while, but if you could get him on the cheap (at a TAM level), then i wonder if he would help us in the goals department?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gashi is bad. Can't get fit to play for some reason.

Chicago loaned out Raheem Edwards to Lansing in USL One. *dumps oil to thread. Lights fire*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auzzy, that’s a good analysis. The 4-3-3 talk is very strange when the only players we acquired to fit this formation are Ciman and deLeon. At the same time, our goal scoring threat has deteriorated significantly given that we have not replaced Seba (Poz seems to be a replacement for VV). That means keeping goals out has to be a premium and formations and possibly the next addition need to take that into account. Another defender with quickness to play beside Ciman or Moor is pretty important as backup to Mavinga, but equally is the team mindset. Without Seba, we are just another team (hopefully decent but still). I’d like to see them forget about the 4-3-3, embed Poz into a functioning attack with Jozy and Oso, and figure out how to win games 1-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Gashi is bad. Can't get fit to play for some reason.

Chicago loaned out Raheem Edwards to Lansing in USL One. *dumps oil to thread. Lights fire*
    i think we should bring him back. Showed lots of potential with us. Played as a wing back he can make a difference and he is different from what we have. Sure he is a back up but he brings pace. We need pace. And his crosses created problems.ricketts had some good moments when Raheem was also on the pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i think we should bring him back. Showed lots of potential with us. Played as a wing back he can make a difference and he is different from what we have. Sure he is a back up but he brings pace. We need pace. And his crosses created problems.ricketts had some good moments when Raheem was also on the pitch.
    I would take him back but I think a decent short spell in the dregs of USL oblivion would do him some good before we try to get him back. I heard the attitude thing before and there has to be something to it or else he would have stuck somewhere already because he has the tools to be something a lot of MLS don't have (speedy, creative but reliable FB) plus he is young and cheap. Let him be humbled first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Season has started, time to close this thread?

Last!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread is now closed now that the season has started. New in-season thread is here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...10#post1891316
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto