Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 5725
  1. #5611
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on past experience, if we are not seeing Bakero its because he's not showing enough in training. Hamilton & Endoh & Akinola have. If we do see Bakero, I think its likely as a wide option behind DeLeon during Voyageurs or the Gold Cup.

  2. #5612
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The reason is that he is Spencer level at best but possibly worse and an international.
    So...That means, let us move on.

  3. #5613
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,604
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Pretty much impossible to find Cantillon for sale outside of the brewery. It happens.....but gone in an instant. Bar Volo in Toronto has bottles but they are a bit pricey. They usually hold a Cantillon event one a year as well which is a good introduction.
    Pharmacy on King in Parkdale has it. Expensive but delicious

  4. #5614
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    So...That means, let us move on.
    I think they would rather not use the buyout on him. Maybe loan him to Ottawa for all time.

  5. #5615
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Pharmacy on King in Parkdale has it. Expensive but delicious
    Yep, but itís no Westvleteren 12.

  6. #5616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The reason is that he is Spencer level at best but possibly worse and an international.
    We never should have traded Hasler for this useless player. Not sure why that was done really....Hasler was crying when we lost CCL....that is heart right there.

  7. #5617
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    We never should have traded Hasler for this useless player. Not sure why that was done really....Hasler was crying when we lost CCL....that is heart right there.
    Wasn't it to free up a spot for Jansen?

  8. #5618
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    We never should have traded Hasler for this useless player. Not sure why that was done really....Hasler was crying when we lost CCL....that is heart right there.
    Hasler was also a decent MLS level utility player considering he plays every position for Lichtenstein and is their best footballer and son of their all time greatest footballer...

    Should have kept him for the sake of creating a TFC Lichtenstein dynasty.

    If Bakero canít even get minutes ahead of Hamilton or Akinola thereís really no reason for him to be here taking up an international slot. At least Big Ben fumbled his way into an assist, and thereby ensconcing his position in the annals of TFC legends.

  9. #5619
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Wasn't it to free up a spot for Jansen?
    No. Bakero was acquired in the trade for Hasler. Heís an international as well.

  10. #5620
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hasler is the best kind of utility MLS player...I miss him. Wish we could have him back.
    Raheem Edwards too as the back up winger. Ah just bring back everyone from 2016.

  11. #5621
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Wasn't it to free up a spot for Jansen?
    It was to free up cap space for Jansen. Bakero was thrown in. I'm not sure he even counts in the 24.

  12. #5622
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Hasler is the best kind of utility MLS player...I miss him. Wish we could have him back.
    Raheem Edwards too as the back up winger. Ah just bring back everyone from 2016.
    yup, younger players that want to be here probably should have never been removed imo

  13. #5623
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    I completely agree with you. But you do have to give them credit for scouting and hitting on all 3 of there DP's. Their scouting staff alone are tops in the league. MLSE has more than enough money to hire a scouting staff to rival any in the league. We shall see where they are in 5 years! But there roster is mostly all under 25 and in a league with so many games, youth is essential. It just boggles me that MLSE has no real long term plan for out roster. They want to remain competitive to get BMO field revenue but don't care about the long term health of the club.
    There is no evidence of Atlantaís scouting prowess. More likely the previous coaches connections that produced these young stars.

  14. #5624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It was to free up cap space for Jansen. Bakero was thrown in. I'm not sure he even counts in the 24.
    He was on the supplementary roster last year but still counts towards an international slot. Not sure which roster heíll be on this year.

  15. #5625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    773
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hasler and Edwards would have been your backup wingers in a 4-3-3 assuming we got two new wingers with TAM

  16. #5626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DeLeon is better than Hasler and Edwards. I don't get the fascination with either of them.

  17. #5627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    DeLeon is better than Hasler and Edwards. I don't get the fascination with either of them.
    Fast, young, improving, talented, committed to the club. Whatís not to like?

  18. #5628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am thrilled we signed Jozy.

  19. #5629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Fast, young, improving, talented, committed to the club. What’s not to like?
    neither really excels at a position

  20. #5630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Portu ran the numbers and minutes wise Jozy has played a little over 50% of minutes while with TFC. The reason is irrelevant really, while injury prone is a good 'catch all' term, red cards and call ups still count as missed games. the only thing I'd care about is output, and if he's available for 50% of minutes that's a huge issue especially as he hits 30 and players rarely become less injury prone with age
    Of course the reason matters. Being called up to the international team and being subbed off for the end of games doesn't make someone injury prone when they are in fact not even injured. Making shit up to claim he is injury prone is simply the dumbest thing ever. He doesn't need to become less injury prone because he is already less injury prone when you look at the actual facts and not make shit up. He was injured for 24% of games, not 47% no matter what kind of shit math you want to make up.

    If all you care about is output then you'll be happy because his output is great, especially in the biggest moments.

  21. #5631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I am thrilled we signed Jozy.
    Me too.

  22. #5632
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    What math did you do because that isn't even close to correct.

    15 season: 37 total games, injured for 2
    16 season: 44 total games, injured for 14
    17 season: 43 total games, injured for 6
    18 season: 47 total games, injured for 19
    Total: 171 games, injured for 41. So 23.98% of games he is injured. Even then if you add in the 12 games he's missed from suspension or being on international duty, which I don't know why you would since they have nothing to do with being injury prone, and he is still available for 69% of games.
    It's minutes played, not games.

  23. #5633
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    A thing regarding his minutes is that he is the perfect 65-70 minute forward. He loses about a third of match time there and even though he is healthy, if I were Vanney I'd wouldn't start him in New England ever and would base my decision on Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, & VWC on weather, schedule, travel days off, etc. He may miss some of those or parts of them but those places shouldn't have plastic anywhere other than in their stands.

    Plus it's about impact in his minutes and for a guy who plays 'half the time' he sure has a lot of goals.
    One of my issues with Jozy is that I don't think he is a particularly special striker in the context of world football and I believe it's important to be able to field your best players as much as possible.

    But even if I don't agree with your argument, I think it's a good one. The guy produces.
    Last edited by portu; 02-28-2019 at 10:38 PM.

  24. #5634
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Of course the reason matters. Being called up to the international team and being subbed off for the end of games doesn't make someone injury prone when they are in fact not even injured. Making shit up to claim he is injury prone is simply the dumbest thing ever. He doesn't need to become less injury prone because he is already less injury prone when you look at the actual facts and not make shit up. He was injured for 24% of games, not 47% no matter what kind of shit math you want to make up.

    If all you care about is output then you'll be happy because his output is great, especially in the biggest moments.
    The question is not "is Jozy getting taken out of games at 60-70 minutes?" The question is "why?" The answer is because the coach can't play him every minute of even most games because he is worried Jozy will get hurt. Managing his minutes so he is healthy is a huge part of coaching Jozy.

  25. #5635
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Of course the reason matters. Being called up to the international team and being subbed off for the end of games doesn't make someone injury prone when they are in fact not even injured. Making shit up to claim he is injury prone is simply the dumbest thing ever. He doesn't need to become less injury prone because he is already less injury prone when you look at the actual facts and not make shit up. He was injured for 24% of games, not 47% no matter what kind of shit math you want to make up.

    If all you care about is output then you'll be happy because his output is great, especially in the biggest moments.
    If you don't show up for work half the time do you think your boss will care why? Injury prone, suspensions, call ups...the fact is he's good for around half the minutes we have and that won't change. He averages 11 goals a season regular season for TFC, I love the guy but with his attendance issues whatever they are im not sure that, which will diminish with age, is a DP return
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 02-28-2019 at 11:33 PM.

  26. #5636
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You do know that averaging 11 goals a season makes you an top 10 goal scorer in this league, right?

    And he just happened to be part of a striker tandem where the man who got more chances and shot more wasn't him.


    Let's see how this goes against NER & NYC.

  27. #5637
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    The question is not "is Jozy getting taken out of games at 60-70 minutes?" The question is "why?" The answer is because the coach can't play him every minute of even most games because he is worried Jozy will get hurt. Managing his minutes so he is healthy is a huge part of coaching Jozy.
    It's because he's exhausted as he is all over the place. Out of position? I say yes because a lot of the time he seems pretty far wide for a big guy but compared to most forwards, Giovinco included, he chews up a ton more milage in his 60-70 minutes than the standard hands on hips waiting for their chances forwards do.

  28. #5638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You do know that averaging 11 goals a season makes you an top 10 goal scorer in this league, right?

    And he just happened to be part of a striker tandem where the man who got more chances and shot more
    Well, technically...11 goals would make you

    Tied for 28th leading scorer 2018
    https://www.eurosport.com/football/m...ngperson.shtml

    Tied for 25th leading scorer 2017
    https://www.eurosport.com/football/m...ngperson.shtml

    Tied for 17th leading scorer in 2016
    https://www.eurosport.com/football/m...ngperson.shtml

    But I digress...

  29. #5639
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jozy will be the focal point this season,that will mean FK,PKs and probs more shots,remember gio was quite the hog when it came to shooting.let see what happens.hopefully he stays healthy and we get some wingers soon.

  30. #5640
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You do know that averaging 11 goals a season makes you an top 10 goal scorer in this league, right?

    And he just happened to be part of a striker tandem where the man who got more chances and shot more wasn't him.


    Let's see how this goes against NER & NYC.

    11 goals top ten? 28 players scores 11 or more last year. Why did you think 11 goals in 34 games would be top 10 level?
    Last edited by SirBobSaget; 03-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •