Page 175 of 191 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think you're confusing what people are stating here. Nobody is suggesting Beitashour would have saved the 2018 season or would have made a better 5th choice CB.

The point is: he's cheaper, management's assertions about "not being able to fit him under the cap" could easily be BS, and the replacement was a bust. We are still paying VDW's salary today. This stuff isn't past tense, it's still impacting us now.
    My recollection of the situation was that we were up against the Cap and the only way to fit a right back in was to bring someone in by buying down his Cap hit with allocation money to a value that was less than Beitashour was either making and/or wanting. We didn't have enough space to fit Beitashour in and making him a TAM player was a non starter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRANSFERSOAP MONDAY

Last edited by ensco; 02-25-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    My recollection of the situation was that we were up against the Cap and the only way to fit a right back in was to bring someone in by buying down his Cap hit with allocation money to a value that was less than Beitashour was either making and/or wanting. We didn't have enough space to fit Beitashour in and making him a TAM player was a non starter.
    This is my recollection of it, as well.

I was trying to look on the bright side, at the time, but, especially after Beitashour's MLS Cup post-game interview (and everything else we know about him), it was tough to take.

Feel like his leaving impacted Morrow, more than anyone, given their history and obviously the positional balance they seemed to provide one another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how much they will pay for Pozuelo, hopefully it doesn’t affect spending on TAM players.

Menendez is no longer in play but I think someone like him is a dime a dozen down in South America.

It’s a shame Jansen had such a high buyout, he has 3 goals in 4 games in the Primera División so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I wonder how much they will pay for Pozuelo, hopefully it doesn’t affect spending on TAM players.

Menendez is no longer in play but I think someone like him is a dime a dozen down in South America.

It’s a shame Jansen had such a high buyout, he has 3 goals in 4 games in the Primera División so far.
    Tigre are probably going down. Could get him on the cheap in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, it's not happening today (no official announcement anyways). It's sounding like the deal might get done today though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured they wouldn't want to do any breaking news on NHL trade deadline day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I figured they wouldn't want to do any breaking news on NHL trade deadline day.
    It's funny. It's not like there is anything else they could possibly talk about, after 4 weeks of this. So that could be it.

Or a Genk Board member or two is being a little difficult about getting jammed. Or the TFC Board is being a little difficult about increasing the fee.

If I was to guess, it'd be that there are unhappy Genk Board members, who are demanding more. There is sometimes a Board kabuki where Genk goes back to TFC to ask for more, is turned down, and meet again tomorrow to grudgingly approve.

It's obvious that people over there are pretty bummed. But no idea what that might mean, if anything.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEWS: Toronto FC signs goalkeeper Quentin Westberg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's funny. It's not like there is anything else they could possibly talk about, after 4 weeks of this. So that could be it.
    One thing consistent of all TFC FOs is that they love big signings to be splashy affairs. Since the media has been dead all off season I am sure they want a nice flashy presser to make it look like a "And now we can start the season!" thing.

Wouldn't be surprised since we're extremely unlikely to reverse this tie to CAI that this news will drop on Thursday to let the NHL trade deadline hysteria fade and the sourness of losing to a Panamanian side dissipate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    I read a lot of articles and forums, and I did not feel at the time that the overwhelming feeling re VdW was a bad one. I rather thought most people felt it was an upgrade. At the time it was felt to be good. He provided unexpected value at a position of need. It turned out that given our horror show of a season that he wasn't a fit. We cannot know counter factually if he could have worked out differently with us having less injuries and more success. In the method chosen of deciding which decisions are good and which are bad, we only need to see the outcome. This means the person looking back is always right, it gives no chance of a person with a lesa than 100% accuracy of being seen as a good decision maker. Aketxe and VdW seemed to be good bets at the time. The fact that both failed does not make them bad bets, it simply makes them loosing ones. Not all losing bets are bad bets.
    Even in poker with all the right choices there is still a chance the person with the lower odds wins.
    Both aketxe and VdW seemed to be viewed as good bets at the time. Even VdW was not a complete bust.
    Regarding aketxe and the buyout. The language used on MLS soccer was mutual termination of contract. Same as Whitecaps with Juarez. They still got to buyout de Jong. It seems likely we still have our buyout.
    I want to avoid going back and forth on this for 10 pages but i’ll leave it at I disagree.

Anyway, here’s to a better season in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    NEWS: Toronto FC signs goalkeeper Quentin Westberg
    better than bono? cuz we need better than bono

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    better than bono? cuz we need better than bono
    Hopefully he pushes Bono. I'd really like to see Bono succeed but I think he needs some experienced guys pushing him and teaching him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Bono is good when pushed or fighting for his spot. As soon as he was the established #1 he started slipping and slipping fast. Hopefully a guy from France, even L2 is enough to get him looking over his shoulder again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rollins saying news may drop today on Pozuelo

That's 11.35 million US.

If true, the "we are going cheap" discussions should tamp down a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess TFC bumped up their offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rollins saying news may drop today on Pozuelo

That's 11.35 million US.

If true, the "we are going cheap" discussions should tamp down a bit.

10 mil euros is 15 mil cdn. Is this the highest transfer fee ever paid by a cdn club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redskiesatnight View Post
    10 mil euros is 15 mil cdn. Is this the highest transfer fee ever paid by a cdn club?
    If you go back a few pages we paid that for Defoe I think it said. Manning at session with supporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how the $27 million for Defoe and Bradley was split with the exchange rate at the time... in that case it’s either Pozo or Defoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amortize that over almost four years and add the rumored wages ($3 Million) and its what Seba wanted....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Amortize that over almost four years and add the rumored wages ($3 Million) and its what Seba wanted....
    Seba is 32 and declining, Pozuelo should be good for another 5 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, but Seba would have been 4 years older at the start and end of that contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amortize that over almost four years and add the rumoured wages ($3 Million) and its what Seba wanted....
    Subtract the income that was made from Sebas sale and on top of that subtract the difference in resale value of an aging Seba (which is whatever the Saudis paid) vs Pozuelo (Which we assume is pretty close to 10m euro) and then you have your like for like financial comparison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically Genk squeezed an extra €2 million out of us with this whole fiasco. Okay, sure I guess.

I hope we are ready to bring in those TAM signings once this domino finally falls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/24thminute/statu...724986368?s=19

Hope this is true we need wide attackers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus is what I would like to see
    Menendez-------jozy----------hanni
    -----------osorio-------pozuelo-------
    --------------------bradley-----------------
    Morrow--mavinga-----Ciman--DeLe

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Thus is what I would like to see
    Menendez-------jozy----------hanni
    -----------osorio-------pozuelo-------
    --------------------bradley-----------------
    Morrow--mavinga-----Ciman--DeLe
    You wont see that for sure. Hanni is DP level. Menendez is not happening Manning said and if it did he would be TAM for this year with a DP increase next year due to 3.5M transfer fee (unless they are able to spread it across his contract length).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the Aketxe status? Were the contracts mutually terminated or is he technically still on loan until June 30th with Cádiz. So as of right now does he come back in July if there is no buyout or other adjustments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Does anyone know the Aketxe status? Were the contracts mutually terminated or is he technically still on loan until June 30th with Cádiz. So as of right now does he come back in July if there is no buyout or other adjustments?
    Mutually terminated at the end of last season, he's gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Anyone watching the game?

My biggest worry at this point is not Poz who I'd happily wait for but why there's no noise around the TAM signings at all. Hope that's just front office keeping things very tight as we need a couple to compete this season
    They weren’t going to go after the TAM’s until they knew for sure Pozeulo was done , their direction hinges on him ....so now they’ll be busy at that
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana