Page 165 of 191 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    The article posted above basically states that both clubs agreed to review the negotiations and that talks will continue no later than Monday.
    Part of the "truce" is that Genk demands that Poz will keep playing to his full ability, something TFC would also communicate to him.
    If that doesn't happen, Genk will pull the plug and cancel the transfer, with the fallout of that yet to be clear.
    He's expected at kickoff against Slavia Prague.
    I wonder what Genk is playing at? Maybe just delaying so much TFC moves on? It has that feeling. Why delay until Monday from tFC’s perspective?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wonder what Genk is playing at? Maybe just delaying so much TFC moves on? It has that feeling. Why delay until Monday from tFC’s perspective?
    Genk has behaved throughout as though they have a strong legal hand. They are just saying: do it on our terms, or see you in court.

That's always been the question - did the player have the right to negotiate a February release?

If they are bluffing, the player has to call the bluff. TFC won't, that was always my guess and is now clear.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I think, they are just trying to delay the transfer long enough TFC moves on and pozuelo has to stay until the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Genk has behaved throughout as though they have a strong legal hand. They are just saying: do it on our terms, or see you in court.

That's always been the question - did the player have the right to negotiate a February release?

If they are bluffing, the player has to call the bluff. TFC won't, that was always my guess and is now clear.
    But if they feel that strongly about their position, why are they negotiating at all? Do they want the money? Or the glory? Fans prefer the glory....

Manning etc really have egg on their faces at this point. The team has been significantly weakened and they look like they don’t know what they are doing. If they get Poz, it will be forgotten to some degree - but only if the team is decent. And that requires wingers and a RB. Oh for Hasler and Raheem....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I don't think anyone has posted this, but it appears we are linked with Giuseppe Rossi: toronto-fc-giuseppe-rossi-vicino-alla-mls
    Really? We need another CF? He hasn’t done anything noteworthy since the 15/16 season, plus has had the most injury plagued career maybe ever. I’d pass. Now if we didn’t sign Boyd, then on $200 k salary, I’d maybe take a shot. But that boat has sailed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if they feel that strongly about their position, why are they negotiating at all? Do they want the money? Or the glory? Fans prefer the glory....

Manning etc really have egg on their faces at this point. The team has been significantly weakened and they look like they don’t know what they are doing. If they get Poz, it will be forgotten to some degree - but only if the team is decent. And that requires wingers and a RB. Oh for Hasler and Raheem....
    They want more than 8M. Seems pretty obvious to me. Genk is saying, sure, it's 8M in the summer, but if you want to wreck our team's league and EL runs now, it's more.

Genk are willing to risk Pozo doing this Law of 78 thing, because it means you are blackballed and have to go to China (I find this part of the story to be really interesting - sounds like the whole world football industry is in restraint of trade or similar on the blackballing around this point). Pozo might sue everyone in sight here, if wants to be Bosman Jr. He would have a point on the face of it.

Manning has no move really. Can’t go back to the board, can’t do a deal. Suspect I was wrong and it won’t happen, at least not now. This kabuki was really all about smoothing things over between the Belgian League and MLS, in the end. TFC put Pozo to the sword by participating in that ultimatum to Pozo today. Suspect that part of it was important to the Belgians.

Pozo bears some responsibility here. Players listen to their agents too much.

So we are free to move on, but probably have pretty thin pickings at this point.

We might do this for $8M in the summer, in the end. If Pozo isn’t totally pissed with us.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-21-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They want more than 8M. Seems pretty obvious to me. Genk is saying, sure, it's 8M in the summer, but if you want to wreck our team's league and EL runs now, it's more.

Genk are willing to risk Pozo doing this Law of 78 thing, because it means you are blackballed and have to go to China (I find this part of the story to be really interesting - sounds like the whole world football industry is in restraint of trade or similar on the blackballing around this point). Pozo might sue everyone in sight here, if wants to be Bosman Jr. He would have a point on the face of it.

Manning has no move really. Can’t go back to the board, can’t do a deal. Suspect I was wrong and it won’t happen, at least not now. This kabuki was really all about smoothing things over between the Belgian League and MLS, in the end. TFC put Pozo to the sword by participating in that ultimatum to Pozo today. Suspect that part of it was important to the Belgians.

So we are free to move on, but probably have pretty thin pickings at this point.

We might do this for $8M in the summer, in the end. If Pozo isn’t totally pissed with us.
    If they can get hanni now vs waiting for pozuelo I would take hanni. He's about the same age and might have been more productive in the same league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have put ourselves in quite the position, and its more likely than not you are right that we lost this one. Letting Seba and VV go without a certain replacement is a bit like selling your house before you have bought another - your negotiating position weakens dramatically as the deadline gets closer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that the club honestly thought Seba & VV would be here - you don't prep THAT much for something that is unlikely to happen now. The Seba thing could have been gamed out before hand but how many MLS clubs go into that much detail about the what ifs? They had a list of who if but didn't think about the when being this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I still think that the club honestly thought Seba & VV would be here - you don't prep THAT much for something that is unlikely to happen now. The Seba thing could have been gamed out before hand but how many MLS clubs go into that much detail about the what ifs? They had a list of who if but didn't think about the when being this time.
    Agree re VV.

Disagree re Seba. That was a bad own goal.

I argued all last year that the Seba schmozzle was inevitable, others did too. Anyone who follows Europe knows that guys don't just play out their deals. It literally never happens unless the player is retiring, or his value has fallen far below what he is being paid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if the Poz deal falls through then I say stay the course and leave the roster as is minus a few small tweaks or loans until 2020 to take advantage of whatever the new CBA allows. No knee jerk signings to make supporters happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is guaranteed in summer, Genk can't stop that. Personally since we've one foot put of the CCL I see no reason not to wait as a last resort rather than try get someone else in a panic, the only factor is they may worry about huge revenue drops if they don't have a DP to point too. But from a pure footballing eprspective, we'd be better off getting TAM in now and adding Poz in summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well if the Poz deal falls through then I say stay the course and leave the roster as is minus a few small tweaks or loans until 2020 to take advantage of whatever the new CBA allows. No knee jerk signings to make supporters happy.
    Think its more the regular people in the stands that they'd have to worry about. Most supporters would understand the logic of looking towards 2020, don't think that's the case with the rest of the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I agree. I don't think they bring in Ciman if they knew they were going to turn over the roster. At his age he is a "lets give this another go signing"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is starting today, for what that's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    Think its more the regular people in the stands that they'd have to worry about. Most supporters would understand the logic of looking towards 2020, don't think that's the case with the rest of the stadium.
    It me

$2K to watch a rebuild sounds just peachy

Screw that, I want some indication of intent to compete - and right now there's no evidence.

I can bear trashing CCL, which in itself is pretty disappointing - but as soon as the three roster holes opened up (I'm including vdW because I had counted him in with Moor/Ciman and Mavinga in the back 3) it became clear that making a run was not an option.

But I don't rate this single knockout playoff structure as being any fun unless you've got home games - which is a roundabout way of saying you've got to challenge for the shield anyway - and throwing away March to June is not very palatable to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebuild has to happen sometime and soon.

Team is too slow and papering over a few positions isn't going to get it done. We need some 2011/12 record player movement type stuff happening and hope for a DC United type second half. Tossing band aids on this probably won't help enough and might ruin 2020/21 depending on CBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

call it what you want,but i think its a minor rebuild already.i think we need 4 or 5 new players to compete.LW.RW,AM,RB.keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    PSG released Lassana Diarra today. Obviously, TFC have links to France. I don't know what his fitness levels are like, but he's somehow still just 33 and is someone who could play next to Bradley (or give him a rest). He can play RB as well, I think. Wouldn't be pushing the needle, but could be a useful stopgap ... or a panic buy.

EDIT: He's actually 34 in a couple weeks.
    No, he’s retiring. He was at PSG as a sort of stopgap after Motta retired, because they couldn’t get anyone else. He basically did it as a sweetheart retire and join the club off the field kind of deal.

He’s not going anywhere and he’s slower than molasses and was barely fit enough to play while at PSG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Pozuelo is starting today, for what that's worth.
    Yes, I guess the previous injury report was inaccurate. One thing to note (from the stands): he’s not wearing the armband. Looks like someone is being punished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Yes, I guess the previous injury report was inaccurate. One thing to note (from the stands): he’s not wearing the armband. Looks like someone is being punished.
    Derp. He literally has 1 foot out the door and the other not far behind. Of course he wouldn't keep the armband.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree re VV.

Disagree re Seba. That was a bad own goal.

I argued all last year that the Seba schmozzle was inevitable, others did too. Anyone who follows Europe knows that guys don't just play out their deals. It literally never happens unless the player is retiring, or his value has fallen far below what he is being paid.
    There are stories posted in various Italian soccer papers that Seba planned to leave asap when TFC lowballed an offerin October. He said he loves new challenges, and did not feel TFC respected or appreciated him any longer. Best I could do with the translation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Derp. He literally has 1 foot out the door and the other not far behind. Of course he wouldn't keep the armband.
    ... but he’s an important part of the team, they need him, and he’s definitely staying at Genk forever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk are going out of Europa League if they don't score two goals in 35 minutes.

The keeper looked so bad on both Prague goals that he has been pulled, NHL style
    Last edited by ensco; 02-21-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk are going out of Europa League if they don't score two goals in 35 minutes.
    Looks like their keeper is dead too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what impact (if any) it could have on Pozo negotiations if Genk are out of Europa League.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Genk need 3 goals in 27 minutes.

Genk and TFC really are cosmically linked it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk is out folks, right now is 3-1 for Prague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like their keeper is dead too.
    RIP Genk.

Welcome Pozo.

You can thank me later — I flew into Belgium from Prague, ensuring they’d win.

On the FK leading to the last goal, the guy taking it was basically an incredibly short Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, Short Bradley at it again! 1-4 Prague.