Page 160 of 191 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports saying that Quentin Westberg will be our backup/3rd keeper. Was a 2nd division goalie in Ligue 2.
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 02-19-2019 at 03:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's your 3rd goalie, if true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Reports saying that Quentin Westberg will be our backup/3rd keeper. Was a 2nd division goalie in Ligue 1.
    so Ligue 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    You question one player’s character because you subjectively don’t like players who dive despite being the most or one of the most fouled players in Europe (depending on the year), who literally rarely ever dives nowadays, and who is targeted by the coaches of other teams specifically in order to foul him.

Yet in the same post you laud a player for “growing up” despite the fact that they continue to serially dive and whine, in addition to being a tax evader and alleged rapist.

You don’t know them personally, your analysis of their character is flawed and subjective, and literally every footballer is a cheater if cautionable offenses are considered cheating.

Pozuelo wouldn’t be “grimey” for leaving Genk if all there was was a release clause, regardless of when he did it. Footballers have families to support and I don’t blame them for wanting to make as much money as possible. Someone leaving one job for another that pays 3x as much isn’t “grimey.”

Also, Neymar’s ex-teammates weren’t upset and neither are Pozuelo’s. Amazing that people who actually know the players aren’t slamming their character — best to do it online.
    ok you keep saying Neymar rarely dives….that`s incorrect. i can legit find a diving video from this season alone. yes he has been targeted because he keeps diving and embarrasing other opponents. you keep asking that his teammates never question his character, well yeah they are his buddies, how about others that play against him...how come you didn`t bring up their comments? i can find them for you if you would like.

you don`t know the players personally either but you have opinions of them and you are also online commenting. so that`s kind of a full circle comment.

and people on this forum have question Pozuelos character specifically because of this….and rightfully so…..so i don`t get that either.

And not just cr7, messi, ronaldinho etc etc are people who have had legal issues over taxes….so yes that`s a blemish on their character. as for the alleged rape...i don`t believe woman or man...i believe facts and evidence….when those are proven i will criticize.

and just to be super clear….i don`t have an issue with players diving….i myself have cheated. i`m actually good at diving. but there`s a difference between diving once in a while and diving every single play. so that kinda nips your i don`t like players who dive on the butt theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El matador View Post
    ok you keep saying Neymar rarely dives….that`s incorrect. i can legit find a diving video from this season alone. yes he has been targeted because he keeps diving and embarrasing other opponents. you keep asking that his teammates never question his character, well yeah they are his buddies, how about others that play against him...how come you didn`t bring up their comments? i can find them for you if you would like.

you don`t know the players personally either but you have opinions of them and you are also online commenting. so that`s kind of a full circle comment.

and people on this forum have question Pozuelos character specifically because of this….and rightfully so…..so i don`t get that either.

And not just cr7, messi, ronaldinho etc etc are people who have had legal issues over taxes….so yes that`s a blemish on their character. as for the alleged rape...i don`t believe woman or man...i believe facts and evidence….when those are proven i will criticize.

and just to be super clear….i don`t have an issue with players diving….i myself have cheated. i`m actually good at diving. but there`s a difference between diving once in a while and diving every single play. so that kinda nips your i don`t like players who dive on the butt theory.
    I mean, you’re telling me your subjective judgment of a player’s character are based on facts when they aren’t. I watch every PSG game, and he rarely if ever dives anymore, so there goes that “fact.”

I’m saying that you can’t judge a player’s character based on your opinion of them, especially when everyone has said Pozuelo has been a professional on the field and his teammates say they love him and would take the same offer (see: this thread).

Anyways, this isn’t the place to continue this discussion, especially since I’m not even sure what you’re getting at and you haven’t addressed anything I’ve said other than to keep claiming players are cheaters with bad character because they want to make more money or exaggerate fouls to get calls, as most human beings and footballers would.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I’d hold off. This feels to me like stenography. Manning wanted Genk to hear we might move on.

Lets see someone report something that didn’t come from TFC before buying him flowers
    Buff has been around the block, a true vet. Never pulls a punch. Not sure if he would go along with that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I mean, you’re telling me your subjective judgment of a player’s character are based on facts when they aren’t. I watch every PSG game, and he rarely if ever dives anymore, so there goes that “fact.”

I’m saying that you can’t judge a player’s character based on your opinion of them, especially when everyone has said Pozuelo has been a professional on the field and his teammates say they love him and would take the same offer (see: this thread).

Anyways, this isn’t the place to continue this discussion, especially since I’m not even sure what you’re getting at and you haven’t addressed anything I’ve said other than to keep claiming players are cheaters with bad character because they want to make more money or exaggerate fouls to get calls, as most human beings and footballers would.

you are the one that quoted me and i addressed it. you just don`t like what i have to say. and i do too watch the same games, i mean you must`ve missed when goncalves criticized him about it ….a player in the french league but ok i guess they are not facts. RTL broadcast did a survey and 78% of those said that Neymar brings all this issues on himself for the reasons i`ve stated (4/5 fans that participated) ...those are french fans talking about the league...but they don`t have a personal relationship with Neymar so they just don`t get it. i guess we all just hate Neymar and are full of hate because of that and our opinions are just poison for no reason other than we hate him….type Neymar diving on google or YouTube watch how much shit, articles etc etc come up lol…..it`s just haters though that don`t understand.

i will however fully agree with you that we are probably annoying everyone else talking about Neymar on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are the one that quoted me and i addressed it. you just don`t like what i have to say. and i do too watch the same games, i mean you must`ve missed when goncalves criticized him about it ….a player in the french league but ok i guess they are not facts. RTL broadcast did a survey and 78% of those said that Neymar brings all this issues on himself for the reasons i`ve stated (4/5 fans that participated) ...those are french fans talking about the league...but they don`t have a personal relationship with Neymar so they just don`t get it. i guess we all just hate Neymar and are full of hate because of that and our opinions are just poison for no reason other than we hate him….type Neymar diving on google or YouTube watch how much shit, articles etc etc come up lol…..it`s just haters though that don`t understand.

i will however fully agree with you that we are probably annoying everyone else talking about Neymar on this thread.
    “Okay.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Reports saying that Quentin Westberg will be our backup/3rd keeper. Was a 2nd division goalie in Ligue 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's your 3rd goalie, if true.
    Interesting, he just retained a new agent, based out of Montreal. The agency, NTL Sports welcomed him into the fold a few hours ago in Twitter.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Buff has been around the block, a true vet. Never pulls a punch. Not sure if he would go along with that.
    I'd be delighted to be convinced.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is for TFC player movements. Please restrict yourself to the topic. Any further discussion of Neymar and diving is off topic and will be deleted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This thread is for TFC player movements. Please restrict yourself to the topic. Any further discussion of Neymar and diving is off topic and will be deleted.
    yes i believe we both said that and has been dropped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quentin Westberg is domestic. Interesting. The question is whether he is the permanent #3 or if he can compete fairly for the back up spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just had a friend send me a screen cap from sam stejskal twitter saying that tfc are hoping for a resolutino by the end of the week and contrary to reports are still after jonathan menendez as a TAM deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just had a friend send me a screen cap from sam stejskal twitter saying that tfc are hoping for a resolutino by the end of the week and contrary to reports are still after jonathan menendez as a TAM deal.
    *resolution with Pozuelo i meant to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question from a long time reader of this thread - does it end when the ball is kicked tonight or are we waiting for March 2nd game to end "off season speculation thread".

In too many ways it has been my go to thread for months and months now. Just preparing my heart to say goodbye...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was one of the more interesting off season threads that's for sure.

The in-season thread should be up as of tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Quick question from a long time reader of this thread - does it end when the ball is kicked tonight or are we waiting for March 2nd game to end "off season speculation thread".

In too many ways it has been my go to thread for months and months now. Just preparing my heart to say goodbye...
    kind of an interesting point. Is CCL “season”? What if we haven’t signed all our players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC are hoping for an Alejandro Pozuelo resolution within a week. Club are open to taking him after the Belgian regular season ends 3/17.

Also, contrary to reports, TFC are still after Independiente winger Jonathan Menendez. Would be a TAM deal. https://t.co/MOrDmglV6n

Hope this gets settled roster is thin right now with talent compare to best teams in MLS

Still wondering why we have the 1st Allocation Spot and are we going to use it or wait to flip it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Toronto FC are hoping for an Alejandro Pozuelo resolution within a week. Club are open to taking him after the Belgian regular season ends 3/17.

Also, contrary to reports, TFC are still after Independiente winger Jonathan Menendez. Would be a TAM deal. https://t.co/MOrDmglV6n

Hope this gets settled roster is thin right now with talent compare to best teams in MLS

Still wondering why we have the 1st Allocation Spot and are we going to use it or wait to flip it.
    They might be waiting til the summer to use the number one allocation spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alas until next season with off-season thread.
    been a good read! See you guys on the flippity

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shucks and we didn't even hit 200 pages.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got to step it up and panic more next season......
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus you got a TAM player on the roster in VDW that will apparently never player for the Reds again. It has been very quite on the front of late. That has to get resolved soon too. Time to move on and get what is needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Voodooman;1889085]We got to step it up and panic more next season......[/QUOTE

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    We got to step it up and panic more next season......
    SHUT IT DOWN MODS - we gots the winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Who knows? I suspect they wanted to create the fear in Genk boardroom that we might actually walk away (as I have argued elsewhere, there is an argument that TFC/MLS have to do this dea
    Manning wanted Genk to hear we might move on.

Lets see someone report something that didn’t come from TFC before buying him flowers
    \\\\\

Ensco your a true cynic, I've read most of this thread, thanks for the entertainment

On the other hand by now Genk has realized that back at the end of January when they thought they had talked Poz into turning down the Saudi offer to instead stay and play out the season for a better deal later, what really happened was his agent had already found it. More money, N Americam city, lifestyle. The whole package.

Their problem now is if TFC/MLS do walk Poz may exercise his option pay out his contract and be gone anyway

I'd say the brass have done ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onto glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They won't flip it. They'd have to give half the GAM and TAM they got from Cincy back. Unless a team wants to pay a kings ransom for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They won't flip it. They'd have to give half the GAM and TAM they got from Cincy back. Unless a team wants to pay a kings ransom for it.
    i agree. Why do they have it?