Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Disagree, we need both if we are changing formation. Not even a big Menendez fan. just underwhelmed with the developments. Clearly we need a DP CAM like Poz but if he has no one to pass too, what good does it do?

How did we miss on both? Are there any more rumoured targets ?
    If we are going to give a 24 year old of unknown capability a run out I would prefer Telfer over Menendez. I feel that we should see what Akinola can actually give us if we give him a bit of rope. Perhaps Endoh really can become a regular contributor at the MLS level. This is an area I think that we can wait until June to see what we need. I would keeps Irons in the fire. If a great deal comes along go for it. If our guys are failing by end of april, dive in on a guy you like.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opens speculation thread....checks for any interesting new info...sees same Belgian league and rules discussion for pages and pages and swipes past it quickly...sees nothing new....leaves thread....wait for several hours....repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El matador View Post
    He went on a pre-season tour with Barcelona while he knew he was leaving. Not only he gave the idea he was going to be with the club for the season he also took valuable pre-season minutes from other players. As soon as pre-season done he took off. i could care less for Barcelona to be honest but that is a very crap move by Neymar….all about the money. Again my opinion of Neymar is based on actions on and off the pitch. And the level of cheating on the pitch matches the level of snakeness off of it.
    ... and? He got paid to do something, then left. PSG paid his release clause. Making people think he was going to stay is irrelevant to what actually happened. Football is a business. You do realize that agents are more involved in transfers than the actual players?

Also, calling players “cheaters” because they what, dive? Is that what you’re implying? Diving isn’t cheating — it’s basically the only way to get calls. Until refs systematically give a yellow for every dive and call fouls even when a player stays up it won’t change. Even still, you’d be wrong. Neymar rarely ever dives now, which is the reason he’s currently injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team looks pretty 2014 TFC to me. Only difference is having Ciman/Mavinga and not Gilberto.

We badly need at least one new starter in the middle or wing. Even then I'll consider making the playoffs this season a success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Opens speculation thread....checks for any interesting new info...sees same Belgian league and rules discussion for pages and pages and swipes past it quickly...sees nothing new....leaves thread....wait for several hours....repeat.
    For Pozo news, come back after the Genk-Slavia Prage game Thursday. If a deal is done for Pozo, there is no way it'll be announced any sooner than that.

I am expecting other things to happen though besides that. I think they could be quite significant.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Oh for sure you wouldn't be happy, but being cold, if Genk didn't want this to happen they shouldn't have negotiated a 8m buy out clause in his contract. They did, likely as a tool to get him to sign for longer/less money, and so it is what it is. This is on whoever made the call to give their captain and most important player the ability to walk whenever he wants for relatively small transfer fee with no input from the club. If it happened us with Giovinco/anyone I'd be annoyed but mainly at whoever signed the deal rather than at the club for using it

There is no sneak attack on using the clause the club agreed too. For this to be Pearl Harbour, America would had to have had a contract that stipulated that Japan could attack whenever they wanted, then complained when they did. Frankly, buy out clause means you dont have to care what the club thinks - and the club knows that when they sign it. Buy out transfers happen routinely and this is how they're done
    The teams just usually have a back up player and or make the buy out clause significantly higher. Either way, not our problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    For Pozo news, come back after the Genk-Slavia Prage game Thursday. If a deal is done for Pozo, there is no way it'll be announced any sooner than that.

I am expecting other things to happen though besides that. I think they could be quite significant.
    AH, Ensco does know a few things that can not be divulged...yet! So do stay tuned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Whether or not they are happy is irrelevant. The approach is the exact same and several said TFC were wrong, did something unethical and the window was closed.
    Genk until yesterday refused to be at the table , Sporting are NOT opposed to negotiating a deal ......get it , my response is in the same tone as the one you as a newbie responded with ‘get professional help ‘ .....enjoy
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland has nobody worth having bar Valeri.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’re hoping their offer of 10 mil for Vargas to Tigres is accepted , ...expensive but interesting fit , unfortunately not for us ...
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    AH, Ensco does know a few things that can not be divulged...yet! So do stay tuned.
    No no, I was just being a loudrock.

I do think Jozy is maybe leaving, I am kinda looking/cringing on here and twitter expecting something, that is what I am alluding to, I think Jozy lit that fuse.

Once in a while I hear suit things, but I never know player things.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Portland has nobody worth having bar Valeri.
    Oh I would probably take Blanco over Pozuelo, as a for instance.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This team looks pretty 2014 TFC to me. Only difference is having Ciman/Mavinga and not Gilberto.

We badly need at least one new starter in the middle or wing. Even then I'll consider making the playoffs this season a success.
    It would all look different if we could only, say, pry this winger out of Girona....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1CONWanTso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Haha, so True ! Same boat here. Tired.

I have decided to look at this another way though, I already knew we were a relevant club BUT negotiations like this reinforces that. We ain't buying nobody's scraps, and close to European tier 1 is dealing with us / trying to protect their assets.

We have arrived ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Haha, so True ! Same boat here. Tired.

I have decided to look at this another way though, I already knew we were a relevant club BUT negotiations like this reinforces that. We ain't buying nobody's scraps, and close to European tier 1 is dealing with us / trying to protect their assets.

We have arrived ....
    Yes, I think after all the big signings we've made, other clubs definitely take us seriously (or maybe Genk didn't before, but they get it now – they might have seen us in the same light as the Chinese or Saudi clubs, and now know they miscalculated).

We'll get someone, whether or not it's Poz, and we'll be okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would all look different if we could only, say, pry this winger out of Girona....

look who the comparable is hahaha

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/port.../spieler/99353

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Too funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I would probably take Blanco over Pozuelo, as a for instance.....
    Of all your takes, this is the by far the hottest. Blanco is the second best player on that team by a wide margin. Pozuelo is a Valeri caliber player but 5 years younger. Jozy and Pozuelo are both younger and more valuable than anyone on Portland’s roster.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You told me I need professional help. For an opinion btw that, while controversial, has quite a bit of support here, and we have been discussing for a couple of weeks.

FYI on this board we go hard after the post all the time, but never after the poster. (A mod can chime in if they wish to clarify)

Also let me be clear about why I question who you are - one thing I am seeing is that, given the vacuum of actual media coverage of these transfer saga stories, arguments made here seem to be reappearing afterward on Twitter, Reddit etc. This is where everyone comes first.

So I have been expecting trolls to show up to try to affect the narrative around here. if you are not one, I apologize... but I think the credibility bar is higher at moments like these for new posters.
    ensco is absolutely correct, in the context saying that someone "needs professional help" is a roundabout way of calling them crazy.

I know you've apologized and it's ok now, but to set things clear from a moderator perspective , this is against board rules. We're pretty strict and have banned quite a few people for continued insulting behaviour in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Genk have anyone worthwhile they can loan to us in lieu of Poz (assuming we don't get him for a few months)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Completely agree, and if I was a Genk fan I would be disappointed as well but no more than we were with Gio.

What surprises me is that no one is talking about how the Menendez deal cratered. Either the player was negotiating in bad faith or the FO just misread the situation but we still are no closer to some fast, seasoned wingers.
    I'm not that concerned about Menendez specifically. I'm not even that concerned about Pozuelo specifically either. Here on the board we probably focussed on Pozuelo too much. However it was one of the few verified rumours, so it was something tangible to talk about. Did TFC also focus on him too much? Hopefully not. Perhaps they have other good potential targets, both for the DP spot and the TAM spots, and we'll hear about them eventually. Problem is, they're probably looking at international players for most of those spots, so their choice will always be more restricted now than it would have been during the international transfer windows. (Yes I know that some players are also available outside of those windows, but of course the choice is more restricted, and negotiations can be more difficult. The majority of transactions happen during the international windows, or are at least arranged then.)

For me the bigger picture is still: 5 of our 6 biggest contracts from 2018 are unsettled and/or un-replaced. CCL starts tomorrow; regular season in less than two weeks. Any new players take time to integrate. We obviously have gaps in attack with Seba & VV gone, and we've talked about that alot. But I also think we're still only one Mavinga injury away from having defensive problems again. Ciman is an upgrade on Hernandez, and a good player to switch off with Moor who is another year older and had lengthy injuries last year. But we also lost Hagglund: although he had a bad 2018 many of us had long-term hopes for him. (And although vdW became a favourite whipping boy after falling out with the team, and it's likely good he's gone, he also hasn't been replaced in his backup CB role.)

Mavinga has had multiple injuries in different years; I think he puts a great strain on his body with his incredible athletic feats. What do folks think should be the defensive lineup if Mavinga is injured or needs a break? Ciman and Moor are both pretty slow; I don't think they would be good as a pair. Can Zavaleta be OK again, if he's paired with one of them? Or is Julian Dunn ready for the big time? I had been hoping for a decent Mavinga backup to come in this off-season, but it doesn't look like that is happening either.

Does anybody else find it interesting that Pozuelo also happened to be a previous target of Al-Hilal? Was TFC management really aware of him & tracking him before; or did Al-Hilal suggest Pozuelo to TFC when they were negotiating the Giovinco transfer? Al-Hilal was probably pretty pissed off that the Pozuelo deal fell through...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://m.hln.be/sport/voetbal/belgi...aten~a30ae32b/

Ali Curtis over the weekend proposed to Genk technical director about us purchasing Poz and them keeping him for a month until the end of their regular season which is March 18. Waiting for a response to the offer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Ali Curtis over the weekend proposed to Genk technical director about us purchasing Poz and them keeping him for a month until the end of their regular season which is March 18. Waiting for a response to the offer....
    Interesting. I wonder what Genk has to benefit from this, though. If they lose him in March, that still affects their play-offs and Europa League run. OTOH, having him there unsettled until June doesn't seem like it will help anything either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm not that concerned about Menendez specifically. I'm not even that concerned about Pozuelo specifically either. Here on the board we probably focussed on Pozuelo too much. However it was one of the few verified rumours, so it was something tangible to talk about. Did TFC also focus on him too much? Hopefully not. Perhaps they have other good potential targets, both for the DP spot and the TAM spots, and we'll hear about them eventually. Problem is, they're probably looking at international players for most of those spots, so their choice will always be more restricted now than it would have been during the international transfer windows. (Yes I know that some players are also available outside of those windows, but of course the choice is more restricted, and negotiations can be more difficult. The majority of transactions happen during the international windows, or are at least arranged then.)

For me the bigger picture is still: 5 of our 6 biggest contracts from 2018 are unsettled and/or un-replaced. CCL starts tomorrow; regular season in less than two weeks. Any new players take time to integrate. We obviously have gaps in attack with Seba & VV gone, and we've talked about that alot. But I also think we're still only one Mavinga injury away from having defensive problems again. Ciman is an upgrade on Hernandez, and a good player to switch off with Moor who is another year older and had lengthy injuries last year. But we also lost Hagglund: although he had a bad 2018 many of us had long-term hopes for him. (And although vdW became a favourite whipping boy after falling out with the team, and it's likely good he's gone, he also hasn't been replaced in his backup CB role.)

Mavinga has had multiple injuries in different years; I think he puts a great strain on his body with his incredible athletic feats. What do folks think should be the defensive lineup if Mavinga is injured or needs a break? Ciman and Moor are both pretty slow; I don't think they would be good as a pair. Can Zavaleta be OK again, if he's paired with one of them? Or is Julian Dunn ready for the big time? I had been hoping for a decent Mavinga backup to come in this off-season, but it doesn't look like that is happening either.

Does anybody else find it interesting that Pozuelo also happened to be a previous target of Al-Hilal? Was TFC management really aware of him & tracking him before; or did Al-Hilal suggest Pozuelo to TFC when they were negotiating the Giovinco transfer? Al-Hilal was probably pretty pissed off that the Pozuelo deal fell through...
    Pozuelo was being looked at by Al-Ahli not Al-Hilal. We have our own scouting network and our own preferences. We have obviously identified the Belgian league and the Belgian player of the year as things that make a player stand out. Vazquez, Hani, and Pozuelo, are all Belgian players of the year that we have either signed or shown significant interest in. Some Belgian articles seem to think that we are still looking at Hani as the second choice to Pozuelo. If Pozuelo falls through I think we will move on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Pozuelo was being looked at by Al-Ahli not Al-Hilal.
    OK thanks! I believe there was some confusion in this thread about the Saudi Arabian team involved with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping a Bradley extension is part of the package of announcements that we all think is coming.

I think he can be extended as a TAM player (ie 1.5M a year for 3 years type deal) and I hope he finds that acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping a Bradley extension is part of the package of announcements that we all think is coming.

I think he can be extended as a TAM player (ie 1.5M a year for 3 years type deal) and I hope he finds that acceptable.
    I hope this too, something around 1.5 mil per year would be OK in my opinion.
    But anything more than 2 mil is grossly overpaid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Interesting that this came out first from the Genk side!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Some Belgian articles seem to think that we are still looking at Hani as the second choice to Pozuelo.
    Those articles likely getting their info from this forum.