Page 152 of 191 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would not pay the full amount unless he comes here now,you wanna be a big club you got to act like a big club and be not be held for ransom every time you make a move .now or move on,how canadian of us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    Also not Pozo related but is Gent likely to sell Jonathan David in the next few years and how much do you think they'll get for David
    David made an impact on his first few games, it was a lot less after that. David is a good player but he still has to learn a lot. Belgian league is a very tough one certainly for atacking players (that's why top players from Belgium do so well in top-leagues like the premiere league etc). Gent always wants big money for their players but almost never gets it. Their chairman is excellent in overrating players, the market doesn't follow. I don't think Dennis will be a player for a top-league though, championship or France could be on his level.

About the meeting in NY, it shows that Genk is looking for a good arrangement for the player as well. I'm sure an immediate transfer is off the table, otherwise a fax would have been enough (triggering the clause in his contract). As said before, our management treats our players well, I'm sure they are looking for a solution that makes all the players involved happy. A transfer in may could be such a solution I think.

@Reggie, 8M is a bargain for Pozzuelo, our other key-players who are expected to leave this summer are rated 20M+. Without the clause Pozo would easily cost you double. He is fantastic in our league, so he will surely make an impact in your league, which is more open and a lot easier for attacking and creative players than the Belgian league.
    Last edited by genkfan; 02-16-2019 at 12:33 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genkfan View Post
    David made an impact on his first few games, it was a lot less after that. David is a good player but he still has to learn a lot. Belgian league is a very tough one certainly for atacking players (that's why top players from Belgium do so well in top-leagues like the premiere league etc). Gent always wants big money for their players but almost never gets it. Their chairman is excellent in overrating players, the market doesn't follow. I don't think Dennis will be a player for a top-league though, championship or France could be on his level.

About the meeting in NY, it shows that Genk is looking for a good arrangement for the player as well. I'm sure an immediate transfer is off the table, otherwise a fax would have been enough (triggering the clause in his contract). As said before, our management treats our players well, I'm sure they are looking for a solution that makes all the players involved happy. A transfer in may could be such a solution I think.

@Reggie, 8M is a bargain for Pozzuelo, our other key-players who are expected to leave this summer are rated 20M+. Without the clause Pozo would easily cost you double. He is fantastic in our league, so he will surely make an impact in your league, which is more open and a lot easier for attacking and creative players than the Belgian league.
    What would you qualify as a good arrangement in this case? Perhaps a discount to do a loan til end of Jupiler pro league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i appreciate your input and dilemma on the subject.but we have a dilemma also.we have lost our 2 best attackers and we have no players on the roster to replace them,so if we get him sometime in june ,we would of played 10 to 14 games without a #10 type player which would put our season in jeopardy,cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 million or less but we get him in the summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is our team as of current for the season, we wont make it to the next transfer window with a possibility of going into the offseason, I hope we have more signings coming into the club or else we be looking at 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether we bring in attacking players now or in the summer won't be what tanks us, it's our back line. We we're perfectly fine scoring goals last year but we had one of the worst defensive records.

If we only get Pozuelo and maybe another addition by June, we can still get by and be in ok position but only if we have a strong back line that let's us scrape together draws and 1 goal wins. We seem to be done adding defensive players so it's up to Vanney, the back line and (knock on wood) health now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling that Genk has been stalling for time until this game with Brugge. If Genk wins, then I think that will pretty much guarantee them a CL spot and they'll let Pozuelo go. I don't think TFC will completely lose against Independiente and will probably look to win on the return leg in Toronto with Poz in the lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    What would you qualify as a good arrangement in this case? Perhaps a discount to do a loan til end of Jupiler pro league?
    Loan isn't possible since our transfer market has closed. A good deal would be he signs in june, the one I'm thinking they could be talking over in NY is a buy on the last day of your transfer market, but with three games to go, who can say if we need him or not.

Tomorrow is very important for us, if we win we have 7 points bonus in the playoffs (8 even, with equal points at the end of the playoffs we are champions as well). A win also guarantees a ticket for the europa league. Just hope we don't lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I get the feeling that Genk has been stalling for time until this game with Brugge. If Genk wins, then I think that will pretty much guarantee them a CL spot and they'll let Pozuelo go. I don't think TFC will completely lose against Independiente and will probably look to win on the return leg in Toronto with Poz in the lineup.
    It doesn’t guarantee them the CL spot. Someone above wrote about how the Belgian League determines a Champion. They have five games left in the league. They then have a playoff amongst the top 6 teams, starting with half the points from the league result. Top team from the playoff is the champion and gets the CL spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

genkfan, a couple of questions, if you are in the mood...

1) Any idea how Pozo got such a reasonable buyout clause? Seems like almost all players in Europe have absurdly high numbers in these clauses

2) Why do you think he didn’t he move in January? A player like this with that clause should have attracted interest (we didn’t move because the Giovinco drama played out only in the last few days of your window)

Good luck v Brugge, will keep an eye on that! Congratulations on a fine season, I don’t know Belgium football but to be so far ahead of big clubs like Anderlecht, Brugge and Standard Liege is really an accomplishment
    Last edited by ensco; 02-16-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intriguing; I was considering a short loan of one of your academy players to at least give us a 10 while we wait with buy options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I think they've realized there's way too much backlash on any tweet that isnt a DP signing to replace Seba. They've thrown in the towel.
    Don't forget the "where's the Seba thank you post?" brigade. A pitchfork mafia with empty threats who will end up just disappearing anyway once they get their way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To end I would like to add that Chris Mavinga is a hero in Genk, he helped us get our last title.
    We love him too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    Don't forget the "where's the Seba thank you post?" brigade. A pitchfork mafia with empty threats who will end up just disappearing anyway once they get their way
    No need for attacks like that. There are plenty of long-term supporters that are upset that Seba's gone; or unhappy about some aspect of how it was handled. I'm somewhere in the middle, but can respect the different opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even for the sake of optics I feel like this transfer needs to be done now. MLS can't always be the little fish content with eating the scraps left behind by other leagues. Getting this done now would be a power move showing that MLS is actually a destination league for the player to choose to give up Europa etc and come now. If we give Genk their cake and let them eat it too with the fee paid in full and Pozuelo there through he next few months I fear we're just projecting that this league is content with being the little guy. It's like watching your date go to prom with someone else. I'm not about that life but we shall see....

We should not have to bend, Genk gave Pozuelo this release clause and they should have to live with that decision. I would feel a lot worse for them if they were not in control of this - but they were and made the conscious decision to include the $8M clause.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It doesn’t guarantee them the CL spot. Someone above wrote about how the Belgian League determines a Champion. They have five games left in the league. They then have a playoff amongst the top 6 teams, starting with half the points from the league result. Top team from the playoff is the champion and gets the CL spot.
    I now have a response to complaints on MLS having a "weird" playoff system instead of a single table. The Belgian system is well beyond anything that MLS has ever dreamed up, even in the pre-Garber shootout era. It shows there's no single way of doing things.

It seems like the Poz situation will be quickly resolved with a compromise. No one will get everything they would like, but will be satisfied enough with the results.

It probably won't be enough to save our CCL hopes, but we can do well in the league if we get the appropriate complimentary cast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Even for the sake of optics I feel like this transfer needs to be done now. MLS can't always be the little fish content with eating the scraps left behind by other leagues. Getting this done now would be a power move showing that MLS is actually a destination league for the player to choose to give up Europa etc and come now. If we give Genk their cake and let them eat it too with the fee paid in full and Pozuelo there through he next few months I fear we're just projecting that this league is content with being the little guy. It's like watching your date go to prom with someone else. I'm not about that life but we shall see....

We should not have to bend, Genk gave Pozuelo this release clause and they should have to live with that decision. I would feel a lot worse for them if they were not in control of this - but they were and made the conscious decision to include the $8M clause.
    The release clause isn’t the only issue here. You act like we have a legal option to force this through which we likely don’t have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I now have a response to complaints on MLS having a "weird" playoff system instead of a single table. The Belgian system is well beyond anything that MLS has ever dreamed up, even in the pre-Garber shootout era. It shows there's no single way of doing things.

It seems like the Poz situation will be quickly resolved with a compromise. No one will get everything they would like, but will be satisfied enough with the results.

It probably won't be enough to save our CCL hopes, but we can do well in the league if we get the appropriate complimentary cast.
    Yeah I had to read the description of their system about ten times to understand it, and then believe it! It’s convuluted!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 6 transfer date (link courtesy of Duane Rollins):

https://t.co/fHgbNbm6Pd?amp=1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 6 transfer date (link courtesy of Duane Rollins):

https://t.co/fHgbNbm6Pd?amp=1
    We'd have to get a HUGE SAVINGS if they were going to send him over on July, I'm talking like, buy-down with TAM savings on the transfer fee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the history is, maybe there is a reason for this in that part of the world, but the Dutch system for promotion/relegation is just as crazy, actually maybe crazier...

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/p...on-relegation/
    Last edited by ensco; 02-16-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    We'd have to get a HUGE SAVINGS if they were going to send him over on July, I'm talking like, buy-down with TAM savings on the transfer fee.
    Regardless of transfer fee amount, theres no possibleway for him to be a TAM level cap hit if his salary is as high as reported ($3-4m).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah I had to read the description of their system about ten times to understand it, and then believe it! It’s convuluted!
    But doesn't it make it interesting and far more difficult for a team to be crowned champion, you have to be consistent and then win it all, and don't get me started on the pansy EPL, does nothing for English Football, rant over, I hate the EPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time is the meeting? Seems that a likely outcome is a transfer later in the window - which is presumably what Genk want, the palyer to stay there as long as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully we are trying to bring in a #10 type player on 6 month load until we get this dude

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nagbe is unsettled in Atlanta and has been pulled from training this week. Rumour is it is a contract issue. He makes $620K.

We have a lot of TAM if we want to go after a player like this. Not sure what I think, he never looked the same in Atlanta.

Supposedly he wants to go to Columbus...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey boys and girls, new to the forum. look forward to sharing opinions with you guys. Believe it or not this forum has been far more informative than anything out there. anyways just wanted to break my post count cherry. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope whoever's idea it was to seriously pursue Pozuelo got their head bitten off in an MLSE boardroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I hope whoever's idea it was to seriously pursue Pozuelo got their head bitten off in an MLSE boardroom
    why?

If he's the best player available and comes with the best quality to price ratio; go for it at all costs. How many of would want MLSE to commit 4 million a year for healthy, injury free Vazquez?