Page 144 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Also, Mauro Icardi was just stripped of his captaincy and was benched by Inter...
    Ship him to Atlanta to play up top with Barco...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the CN Tower event happening right now? Any news?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    Season starts very soon, tfc lost some key players and have really have not filled those holes. Its no surprise that the champions league is in February and you are not prepared. This is poor management to say the least.. I hope all the wasn't riding on this one guy...
    This is pure amatur hour
    Panama has trolls too I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we seriously going to say that losing Vazquez and Giovinco and not replacing them at all is not poor management? Furthermore when trying to replace Giovinco they decided to chase after a guy with a legal albatross haunting him. This isn't poor management, rather it's simply shitty. And as a result this team is in much worse shape than it was at the beginning of the off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Are we seriously going to say that losing Vazquez and Giovinco and not replacing them at all is not poor management? Furthermore when trying to replace Giovinco they decided to chase after a guy with a legal albatross haunting him. This isn't poor management, rather it's simply shitty. And as a result this team is in much worse shape than it was at the beginning of the off-season.
    If this Icardi to TFC rumour I and others made up is true we’ll be just fine. Relax.
    Last edited by Canary10; 02-13-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Is the CN Tower event happening right now? Any news?
    Starts at 6:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Chubbs;1888268]Starts at 6:30[/QUOTE

Is media available /?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portu - you follow European football as well..I am sure. This is minor league levels of shenanigans compared to what we have seen over the years. What is clear is that they intend to replace Seba with a high level of quality. This squad should be solid enough to get a result next week...and the reinforcements will arrive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in regards to other players, a third GK has yet to be signed. Also wondering Richie Layera who has been on trial is close to getting a deal?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? are you seriously freaking out already? How about we give management until March 2nd (our first MLS match) before making any rash judgements?

I dont think most supporters realize how truly mediocre our Panamanian CCL opponents are. They finished 9th out of 10 teams in the most recent Apertura. If the players we currently have can't win this series, then this season is a wash regardless of who we sign.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Agree. We need Pozuelo (I am now convinced it gets done) by February 25 or so. So this staredown may run for a couple of weeks.

Season opener March 2. First game of the CCL quarters is around March 6
    Last edited by ensco; 02-13-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Really? are you seriously freaking out already? How about we give management until March 2nd (our first MLS match) before making any rash judgements?

I dont think most supporters realize how truly mediocre our Panamanian CCL opponents are. They finished 9th out of 10 teams in the most recent Apertura. If the players we currently have can't win this series, then this season is a wash regardless of who we sign.

Please, let us not underestimate our opponents... EVER.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Agree. We need Pozuelo (I am now convinced it gets done) by February 25 or so. So this staredown may run for a couple of weeks.

Season opener March 2. First game of the CCL quarters is around March 6
    I have my doubts about us getting past Independiante. We are not a settled side, the travel is big and the home game weather here will only be an advantage if we are ahead. Anybody looking past that first round is in for a shock I fear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I have my doubts about us getting past Independiante. We are not a settled side, the travel is big and the home game weather here will only be an advantage if we are ahead. Anybody looking past that first round is in for a shock I fear.
    I don’t wish to denigrate anyone, but we caught a major break here.

Panamanian league football is semipro, that league isn’t the Costa Rican or a Honduran leagues.

If we cannot beat them even without major pieces, that will be inexcusable.

I get that major upsets happen. Anything is possible.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the news from the presser?

I'm dying here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Where's the news from the presser?

I'm dying here!
    what presser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s some food for thought, I’m not a lawyer and I have no idea if these principles apply in Begium but here we go:

One part of Pozuelo’s statement caught my eye...
    “It is correct however that I declared my intent to stay. But I have to add to that that I was pressured by the club in doing so. Eventhough we were still discussing terms involved in the so-called agreement at that point in time. But in the end I did not sign.”
    It seems his contention is that they made him release a statement saying he was staying to possibly calm the masses even though the team was still negotiating a possible transfer fee of lesser value than the buyout clause. I can’t see these public statements/declaration holding up in court if that contention is true and the player has proof.

The problem I see with the “verbal” agreement is the lack of a quid pro quo. At least none that was mentioned by either the club or the player. Why would a player suspend a clause favourable to them without some form of compensation? And if compensation was given, the team would be jumping from the rooftops letting everyone know about it. This is important to me because there is a concept in Canadian(and US as well as other places) contract law(admittedly, I don’t know if it applies over there) that says that such an agreement amounts to a “gratuitous gift”. The distinction is important because gifts are not legally enforceable, at least not in Canada.
    From a quick google search:
    ”A gift is a voluntary and gratuitous transfer of property from one person to another, without something of value promised in return. Failure to follow through on a promise to make a gift is not enforceable as a breach of contract because there is no consideration for the promise.”
    I don’t think I’ve ever (please correct me if I’m wrong) seen a player give up a clause like that without compensation or as part of a renegotiation(almost always with increased salary). By all accounts neither occurred. I know that No Movement or No Trade Clauses may be sited as examples but those are always signed waivers and they are being waived specifically because the player is getting what they want destination-wise(quid pro quo) unlike the present case.

Also, me theorizing with absolutely no basis, if let’s say TFC had approached Genk prior to the “verbal agreement” and told them they were prepared to pay the buyout clause and they hid that information from the player in order to secure the “verbal agreement”. That would be grounds for equitable estoppel in a Canadian (US) court.
    “equitable estoppel
    n. where a court will not grant a judgment or other legal relief to a party who has not acted fairly; for example, by having made false representations or concealing material facts from the other party.”

Hopefully some or all these same principles apply over there. Really I’m just trying to be as optimistic as possible. It’s good to have some excitement around the team again after the last 10 months. It seems this is a really great player and I would love to get him out of that ugly blue and into a nice shade of red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what presser?
    The Jersey unveiling. Did they only do that and not take any questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize I don’t have to read this thread(however I can’t help it because like the rest of you I’m desperate for updates on signings) but omg these discussions I am finding excruciatingly painful and boring lol. I wish we could just have a simple discussion where we hear of an impending signing, agree or disagree if he will be good and then we either sign them or don’t and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian Jack confirming that the Menendez deal is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Was just about to post the same news.....finally a signing!!!

Enjoyable event at the top of the CN Tower tonight with the unveiling of the new Toronto FC shirt. GM Ali Curtis in my interview was clear in his words about looking to achieve longterm success at the club. I can also report the acquisition of Jonathan Menendez is done. #tfclive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I realize I don’t have to read this thread(however I can’t help it because like the rest of you I’m desperate for updates on signings) but omg these discussions I am finding excruciatingly painful and boring lol. I wish we could just have a simple discussion where we hear of an impending signing, agree or disagree if he will be good and then we either sign them or don’t and move on.
    all the lawyers on this thread are going to be mad at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    all the lawyers on this thread are going to be mad at you
    Yep no doubt lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the Winter Era, TFC got past a more 'established' Tauro team while fielding B+ lineups. Not saying that should not take them seriously but that the TFC lineup even with the offseason losses is miles better than what was available in 2011. While TFC roster has improved immensely the Panama league quality has decreased with MLS poaching their better players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alriiiight, so, with Menendez, it seems like we'll likely be flanking Altidore/Boyd with him and deLeon. It does look like we're moving to the ever popular 4-3-3 with this move.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    In the Winter Era, TFC got past a more 'established' Tauro team while fielding B+ lineups. .
    Aaaa...memories of that inflatable cow & maybe about 6K in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Also, Mauro Icardi was just stripped of his captaincy and was benched by Inter...
    If you thought D'Amico was bad, wait until you get a load of Icardi's wife/agent. Poisonous, always said she'd be the end of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Alriiiight, so, with Menendez, it seems like we'll likely be flanking Altidore/Boyd with him and deLeon. It does look like we're moving to the ever popular 4-3-3 with this move.
    No surprise, Vanney's comments have continuously pointed in this direction. But I'm sure a three-back formation will be practiced as well.
    Last edited by Bobo; 02-13-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Did he tweet this? Because I can't see a tweet confirming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Did he tweet this? Because I can't see a tweet confirming
    Enjoyable event at the top of the CN Tower tonight with the unveiling of the new Toronto FC shirt. GM Ali Curtis in my interview was clear in his words about looking to achieve longterm success at the club. I can also report the acquisition of Jonathan Menendez is done. #tfclive
    that is kj tweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like KJ deleted the tweet. Guess he jumped the gun and Manning gave him a call.

I wish we had real insiders