Page 141 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Still think people aren’t realizing how bad defensively Auro is. I think of him as more of a RW/RM. After these two signings (Menendez/Poz), I still we need one more winger, and a new RB. GVW salary is stopping us from doing one of those 2 things.
    He had Zavaleta inside of him or a frequently bumbling / myopicly lazy VDW playing out of position. Not helping his case.

He’s a young player and offensively minded, for sure. I think there is enough talent to work with if you have other good pieces around. Moor or Ciman should help in this regard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Still think people aren’t realizing how bad defensively Auro is.
    We lived with VDW there so anyone willing to run, hustle, and learn will be an upgrade. A whole lot of our terrible goals against record last season came from his side (not coincidentally Zavaleta's side too). Last year I preferred early season Morgan to VDW so a second year, more MLS adjusted Auro should hopefully be an improvement at that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Thanks for a lesson about sports.

This guy is not the only game in town - some posters are acting like he is. Manning, let's move on to the next target.
    You're welcome.

I don't think anyone on here has said he's the only one. Just that it seems he's the number one target, and that it sounds like the conditions for release/sell have been met, so simply stating earlier to you're own question, that yes they should sign this guy if he's their target, because apparently it seems there is no reason for this to not happen.

All your worry about image, and the player "possibly" doing this again in however many years to TFC I think is irrelevant. Don't sign good players if you're worried about them wanting to get paid the best they can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were we about to win a championship when he left? That's what I don't like about this guy.
    Thanks for the lesson in how players should just play out of the goodness of their heart and for the love of the game. There are just a couple little thing though, such as livelihood, and career longevity that comes with being an athlete. They have to consider themselves in these negotiations.
    Besides, most athletes don't even end up playing in their own town, or even country a lot of the time, so they don't have any loyalty to win for a club thats hired them, besides the natural competitiveness within.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think TFC will wait longer than the beginning of the MLS season - it's said that they're not interested in a summer transfer (from Stejskal).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I don't think TFC will wait longer than the beginning of the MLS season - it's said that they're not interested in a summer transfer (from Stejskal).
    I bet it gets done after the match on the weekend as it still gives time to present him on Feb 13th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? My commitment is to my team, not his well being. I think it's a perfectly legitimate to ask why someone would switch teams at this particular moment in his team's season. I'm sure Michael Bradley is asking those questions to be honest.
    Wow, this is great stuff right here!
    This just about sums up what you don't understand. He has that same commitment to be as successful as possible, but to himself, which is exactly what everyone does in their life. You feel like these players are just here for your entertainment?? Come on man

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I bet it gets done after the match on the weekend as it still gives time to present him on Feb 13th.
    The 13th? I'm confused.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I'm actually curious as to other targets as well - for example, I've been watching this match and apparently Roma's got both an established starter and a bright youngster at AM in Pastore and Zaniolo - they have a third 7 mil euro guy in Coric who's 21 and potentially raring to get going. How about it, TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is less cancerous to a lockeroom than people assume. These are professionals playing for money at the end of the day.

Big, red-letter disclaimer under every athlete quote in history: public statements of affirmation / loyalty may not reflect the private opinion of said individual and were expressed solely in the interests of making fans think they actually care.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think this is less cancerous to a lockeroom than people assume. These are professionals playing for money at the end of the day.

Big, red-letter disclaimer under any athlete quote in history: public statements of affirmation / loyalty may not reflect the private opinion of said individual and were simply expressed in the interests of making fans think they actually care.
    There's a point from a fan on Reddit of Genk - European clubs are more than happy to make less money off a transfer to send a message, it seems. If it means taking 2 mil from China rather than 8 from TFC, then so be it for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a point from a fan on Reddit of Genk - European clubs are more than happy to make less money off a transfer to send a message, it seems. If it means taking 2 mil from China rather than 8 from TFC, then so be it for them.
    Doesn’t sound terribly practical. Not only does Genk lose 6 million but they risk (if he thinks he has a case) being sued by the player for lost wages.

Of course we have no way of knowing who has the better legal case. I’d label any opinions floating off the press about this as speculative at best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 13th? I'm confused.
    13th is when our window opens and it just so happens to coincide with the press conference unveiling our 2019 home kit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't work. Players have the right to refuse to sign for whatever club. Can't just send a guy to Siberia to prove a point. This is a two way street scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13th is when our window opens and it just so happens to coincide with the press conference unveiling our 2019 home kit.
    That's tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we pull a Joao Plata on them?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't work. Players have the right to refuse to sign for whatever club. Can't just send a guy to Siberia to prove a point. This is a two way street scenario.
    I think I mean that whatever offer he takes will depend on what Genk will want to do given Genk's win on the 'release clause'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the sound of things Genk is posturing, looking for more money tacked onto the buyout clause. Then they can go the supporters and say, we tried, and look we got a couple of extra millions from those buggers in Toronto.

If it happens I think the 13th is also likely. As it is the first actual day of our transfer window.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    From the sound of things Genk is posturing, looking for more money tacked onto the buyout clause. Then they can go the supporters and say, we tried, and look we got a couple of extra millions from those buggers in Toronto.

If it happens I think the 13th is also likely. As it is the first actual day of our transfer window.
    what a nice birthday present for me. But it also seems like TFC brass have travelled to see the Valentine's Day fixtures of the Europa League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s nice that our kits are being released tomorrow. That shouldn’t cause any controversy on the board....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s nice that our kits are being released tomorrow. That shouldn’t cause any controversy on the board....
    I am sure everyone will love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I am sure everyone will love it.
    Especially it it’s that leaked version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially it it’s that leaked version.
    That plain Red one? Too basic for my taste. Feels like Adidas has stopped trying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning all sorts of new things today

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More important news

Oso sighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Learning all sorts of new things today
    Hey we can stock the entire club with Belgians!

Let's raid the whole league.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More important news

Oso sighting

Any streams available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we hear that this is done by Friday. If the player wants to move, the player pretty much always wins in these situations, as we've seen with Plata, Giovinco more recently, as Camilo did to the Whitecaps... It gets to a point where it's not worth it for the club to hold onto the player. And it's not like Genk is going to miss out on a transfer fee here.

Uglier than it needed to be for sure but I would be shocked if this doesn't end with us getting our guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More important news

Oso sighting

oso played 20 min on sat.my concern is ciman,he played only 45 on sat.why is morrow playing RCB like he did in the 2nd half on saturday.where are moor and zava?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More important news

Oso sighting

Interesting lineup - is this indicative of Osorio being used as a temporary 10? I'm also surprised that we're not seeing some of our youngsters.