Page 134 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Also Boyd coming in & Ricketts out so that's like a wash. DeLeon too.
    Boyd > Ricketts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    Boyd > Ricketts
    Based on the highlights of him missing a sitter last night, maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on board with Pozuelo, right about now, with this offseason of players leaving, happy to welcome a quality arrival, just get it done. Let's go.

Boyd might not be the same player , but once upon a time, this guy was hyped. He came from a top league. We got him cheap.

DeLeon , everyone brushing aside, But this guy was MR D.C United once upon a time, everytime I watched D.C, he was decent. Don't know about recent history, but I have a feeling he will fit right in here and come good.

Add Ciman, what we have got already, plus what we are still to add and i am kind of looking forward to this season now.
    Last edited by azorean; 02-10-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked for input from Swansea fans on Twitter via BBC football. I only got one response so far but I like it for the most part.

technically one of if not the most gifted players i've seen here. Just didn't cope with the physicality of the prem. Excelled in Europe for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Rob on Twitter) Translated report from Spanish reporter, Agreement closed between Alejandro Pozuelo and Toronto FC. The Canadian franchise will pay Genk the clause that is around 8M €. The official announcement will be made next week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I asked for input from Swansea fans on Twitter via BBC football. I only got one response so far but I like it for the most part.

technically one of if not the most gifted players i've seen here. Just didn't cope with the physicality of the prem. Excelled in Europe for us.
    Well, MLS is a pretty physical league. Hope he doesn't wilt under the pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Based on the highlights of him missing a sitter last night, maybe not.
    For those low budget 200 k salary type players, I can't wait when our roster is giving those minutes to young guys with talent instead ie: Jonathan David

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    DeLeon , everyone brushing aside, But this guy was MR D.C United once upon a time, everytime I watched D.C, he was decent. Don't know about recent history, but I have a feeling he will fit right in here and come good.
    Yeah all I know about DeLeon was that each time we played DC he seemed to be somewhat dangerous. Looking forward to see him play for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several more stories in Belgian media regarding Pozuelo today. Translation below from a story from a Belgian journalist (verified twitter account as well):

Pozuelo only to Toronto in May?

Top consultations between three parties must end the transfer session

What about Pozuelo? Rarely as many private messages as last weekend, the unexpected second part of a transfer session around the Genk captain leaves nothing untouched. But the answer to the key question has not yet been formulated after two days of top consultation. KRC Genk refuses to cooperate in an immediate transfer and disputes the notorious clause of eight million, Pozuelo - read: his management - fears a gigantic Genk claim in a legal battle. And it is still unclear whether Toronto FC sees the possible compromise of a cheaper transfer in early May.

KRC Genk knew a top weekend in a sporting way. After Friday Standard in the topper convincingly was put on fourteen points, the close pursuers Club Brugge (in the derby against Cercle) and Antwerp (with red lantern Lokeren) surprisingly lost points. The lead is therefore double digits at barely five match days from the end of the regular season.

On training field

Still, there was no reason to party, the re-flare of the trasnferoap around Pozuelo pressed the atmosphere. The Spaniard protects with a proposal from the Canadian MLS team Toronto FC, which em wants to fly over immediately. The protagonist himself was on Sunday morning just prepared for training. He arrived and left in the company of his estate agent David Garcia, who would sit around the table with a Genk delegation later in the day. Pozuelo, who has a very difficult time with the situation, also has no reason to send his cat to force the situation. An MLS club like Toronto FC may not attract a player who has broken his contract with his club. And is not too keen on someone who uses the tricks of the foor to force a transfer. Pozuelo will therefore be on mail the following days.

Gigantic claim

Everything revolves around the clause in the contract of Pozuelo, which states that he can leave for 8 million. A clause which, after rejecting Al-Ahli, was temporarily removed a month ago until the start of the next mercato. But did that deletion also happen officially? According to our information, no new signatures were made ... And does the just opened US transfer window count as "next mercato"? None of the parties that wanted to provide further explanation in the past few days. KRC Genk announced on Monday afternoon - after the official presentation of newcomer Ito - via TD Dimitri de Conde to answer questions about Pozuelo. In any case: if the management of Pozuelo manages to get the transfer through for eight million, then you can be proud that KRC Genk will, if necessary, challenge this transfer afterwards. Such a claim can be extremely high in the case of missing a national title, whose value in Belgium is estimated at more than 25 million euros thanks to the insured participation in the Champions League.

Compromise

Nobody seems to have such a legal game. That is why there was a lot of talk in the past few days. A possible compromise could be a transfer in early May. Possible for (slightly) less than eight million. After all, the mercato in the MLS ends on 7 May when there are still three matches to play in the Belgian play-offs and only a third of the regular MLS season has been finished. The playoffs even start in October. It was still unclear yesterday whether Toronto FC would be willing to join in that story. They see Pozuelo as a replacement for the Giovinco turntable. The Genk captain would thus become one of the three designated players, these are the three expensive boys, whose salary does not count towards the famous salary cap. In order to keep the competition as exciting as possible, American teams must adhere to a fixed salary budget.

Well / not to Prague?

White smoke was not there yesterday. Nevertheless, neimand wants this soap to drag land. Philppe Clement wants understandable peace and clarity in his dressing room, the next two weeks KRC Genk plays against the pursuers Club Brugge and Antwerp and works in the Europa League a double confrontation with Slavia Prague. It is therefore questionable whether in these circumstances you can join the tormented Pozuelo, who is visibly difficult with the situation, to Prague. Perhaps a period of rest and reflection time for Pozuelo is more appropriate. Because no individual is bigger than the team, certainly no doubting and doubtful captain. The unity that the current KRC Genk has been performing for more than a year is precisely one of the foundations of current success.
    I saw another story from a different site that echoed Genk want to wait until May to sell, in which case it would be less than the 8 million release clause, but it's not clear we would go for that. It seems like we may be able to force the transfer through, and Genk are saying (whether it's posturing or not) that they would challenge the transfer after the fact if that does happen.

An early May transfer would mean he would miss the first 8 or 9 MLS games of the season, plus CCL of course.
    Last edited by notthesun; 02-11-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was another story, translated below, about how Pozuelo may have lost the respect of his teammates. Not sure with the language but this feels more like commentary/speculation than an actual report: http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/383...boven-de-ploeg

Pozuelo hits deep wounds: "Put himself above the team"

Sportily, KRC Genk did another great thing last weekend, but the club management will still have some sleepless nights behind them. Encouraged by his brokers, star player Alejandro Pozuelo has set his sights on a departure to the Canadian Toronto FC. However, the club wants to do everything to keep the Spaniard.

And so even a legal battle threatens. But even if the Spaniard still remains, this affair did not do its job well within the club. "Apart from the outcome of this new soap, there were deep wounds, as Pozuelo lost his credibility by setting himself above the team, which his entourage had to protect against, because this also hurts his own career. ", says Marnik Geukens, Genk watcher for Het Belang van Limburg.

Within the dressing room one will not appreciate the behavior of the captain, especially considering all the beauty that might follow this season. "He stated on 16 January that he did not have the heart to leave because he, as captain, wants to help his team to a ticket for the Champions Leagueticket, what should you think as a team mate when the same captain threatens another departure? At a certain moment it is still impossible to attract a substitute, while teammates like Maehle and Samatta postponed their Premier Leaguedroom in the final days of the winter marathon to fulfill that great Champions League Room. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Genk really challenge the transfer (and I mean are ready to fight this out) then we should be looking for a new guy to sign. Would be more trouble than it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If Genk really challenge the transfer (and I mean are ready to fight this out) then we should be looking for a new guy to sign. Would be more trouble than it's worth.
    Could be just club posturing but who the eff knows in 'Football Wonderland', it's like listening to Mr. Haney selling you a used car FFS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how its important enough to keep him for about 1/3 of their season but TFC shouldn't want him for that 1/3rd of ours. I suspect that journo got his talking points straight from Genk management. Reality is we are now likely to get this guy - only when.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Funny how its important enough to keep him for about 1/3 of their season but TFC shouldn't want him for that 1/3rd of ours. I suspect that journo got his talking points straight from Genk management. Reality is we are now likely to get this guy - only when.
    I have the opposite instinct. My hunch is that the legal case is bad. The Belgian window is much more likely to be ruled the relevant “window” than the MLS window.

This is feeling amateurish.

Suits don’t like taking this kind of legal risk.

This is also a cost of dealing with the Seba situation in the last week of January under duress.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-11-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight from Genk’s website:

In January KRC Genk reached a valid agreement with Alejandro Pozuelo that he would stay until June 14, 2019. His management now indicates that Pozuelo wants to leave the club earlier. For KRC Genk, this goes against its engagement with the player, the entire group of players and its supporters.

For KRC Genk, sport is more important than financial in this case. The club is not about money, but about the sporting project with its entire group of players. In that group Alejandro is a very important player. In addition, the winter transfer period is over. In addition, the club made very clear agreements with the entire group of players. More than one player remained with a view to setting the strongest possible team in the remainder of this season.

The legal file strengthens KRC Genk to choose full for that sporting project. KRC Genk hopes that Pozuelo and his entourage find themselves in this club position. Given the sensitivity of the file, it was decided this morning that no comments will be given outside this press release as long as the file is running. Not even after the press conference this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have the opposite instinct. My hunch is that the legal case is bad. The Belgian window is much more likely to be ruled the relevant “window” than the MLS window.

This is feeling amateurish.

Suits don’t like taking this kind of legal risk.

This is also a cost of dealing with the Seba situation in the last week of January under duress.
    Roughly, it's really dependent on two things. (1) How the suspension of the clause was specifically written. (2) Whether the suspension is considered on face value (we win) or according to the spirit of the agreement (they win).

Not a lawyer either, just using Google lol
    Last edited by portu; 02-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Straight from Genk’s website:

In January KRC Genk reached a valid agreement with Alejandro Pozuelo that he would stay until June 14, 2019. His management now indicates that Pozuelo wants to leave the club earlier. For KRC Genk, this goes against its engagement with the player, the entire group of players and its supporters.

For KRC Genk, sport is more important than financial in this case. The club is not about money, but about the sporting project with its entire group of players. In that group Alejandro is a very important player. In addition, the winter transfer period is over. In addition, the club made very clear agreements with the entire group of players. More than one player remained with a view to setting the strongest possible team in the remainder of this season.

The legal file strengthens KRC Genk to choose full for that sporting project. KRC Genk hopes that Pozuelo and his entourage find themselves in this club position. Given the sensitivity of the file, it was decided this morning that no comments will be given outside this press release as long as the file is running. Not even after the press conference this afternoon.
    Very much a transfer saga at this point. My gut tells me they should find another target. Though it's clear TFC targets are not from the biggest leagues, they should really try and pillage one of the South American leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping this doesn't turn into Urrutti part 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better have a plan B.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh what a schmozzle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is sounding less and less possible.

But can we survive until June without that type of player? Probably only if we give up in CCL and focus solely on the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    Very much a transfer saga at this point. My gut tells me they should find another target. Though it's clear TFC targets are not from the biggest leagues, they should really try and pillage one of the South American leagues.
    I don't know this player at all but if he is really going to be good for our club, even if we have to wait until June (which will suck), we should wait. Look at the long term instead of the short term. Knee jerk reaction to say it is difficult to get him so let's move on is a panic move. He obviously has some value otherwise Genk wouldn't be fighting so hard to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't know this player at all but if he is really going to be good for our club, even if we have to wait until June (which will suck), we should wait. Look at the long term instead of the short term. Knee jerk reaction to say it is difficult to get him so let's move on is a panic move. He obviously has some value otherwise Genk wouldn't be fighting so hard to keep him.
    Agreed. If he can't come until May then get Menendez and another TAM guy asap and hope for the best in CCL. We're going to win the Canadian Championship again so it's not like we won't have another shot.
    Last edited by RealG-TFC; 02-11-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet this gets done. If this goes to lawyers, it could likely take years. Likelihood of it being resolved while Pozuelo is still playing is low. My guess is this is forced through and as always the lawyers will get rich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, this is sounding less and less possible.

But can we survive until June without that type of player? Probably only if we give up in CCL and focus solely on the league.
    In all honesty, it’s going to be difficult to integrate all the new pieces in time for the CCL anyway.

Let’s make sure we get the right player, even if it means waiting 4 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First place in the Belgian league gets a Champions League spot, so there is a good amount of money riding on that for them. They're in a good position to win the league right now, but if the guy they consider their best player leaves, well.....At any rate, they have a good incentive to dig in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the following is based on the assumption that the “window” in Pozuelo's contract will be interpreted as the Belgian window. I don’t know that for sure, so take this as hypothetical... but if that is the case:

This is what can happen when you try to do things you don’t have experience with.

This will be very ugly if not resolved immediately. The part I am wondering about is a potential damages claim in the many millions by Genk against TFC, given the massive CL stakes.

Manning may have really kicked over a hornet's nest here. He may have just cost MLSE a few million that wasn’t in the budget for this, one way or the other.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill manning and co really screwed up this winter. Not getting deals done early. Welcome to the big leagues boys, this isnt RSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Bill manning and co really screwed up this winter. Not getting deals done early. Welcome to the big leagues boys, this isnt RSL.
    Third season in a row

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of sheer unadulterated panic that happens on this forum every time anything happens at all is insane, wild takes happening from absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Every single time.

This is a negotiation, no more no less. Personally I'd be okay to wait until June since I don't think we've a shot at CCL anyway but you have to go for it. Let's see how it plays out.