Page 13 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Really disappointed they exercised Moor's option, would have been a good opportunity to get out of a hefty contract with a 35 year old that spent most of last season injured.
    Moor has taken a pay cut the first 2years in order to help TFC management secure other top players which lead to us winning a championship. Although injured he was still a huge difference maker when he did play. The hope is with a proper recovery he will be fit for more games and truthfully I still think we will get another defender and Moor will become depth as the season goes on. I think this is a good move.

Also the real move is we need to trade and get rid of Zavaleta and his hefty salary. An old moor is better than a prime zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really disappointed they exercised Moor's option, would have been a good opportunity to get out of a hefty contract with a 35 year old that spent most of last season injured.
    Yeah let's get rid of the central defender who, when he played for us in 2017, contributed to the league best goals against. We all know quad tears are endemic to being old.

JFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton is announced by a CPL side in the coming days...
    i hope so, the kid needs starting minutes and lots of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next move: bring back Raheem!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ashtone Morgan is coming back!
    Glad to see. He embodies perseverance and is a tie between current TFC and its history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where does Agar rank in terms of worst pick up ever, he has to be Bez's biggest misfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton is announced by a CPL side in the coming days...
    I'd go watch him if he ended up with the York Nines, he'd be a bit of name recognition for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Also the real move is we need to trade and get rid of Zavaleta and his hefty salary. An old moor is better than a prime zavaleta.
    Did you notice there was no mention of Zavaleta in the roster moves. Is he still under contract? If so, then this year he either improves or gets traded/released. Anything else is nepotism.

I wonder if Ricketts or Hamilton end up with Ottawa...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Yeah let's get rid of the central defender who, when he played for us in 2017, contributed to the league best goals against. We all know quad tears are endemic to being old.

JFC
    Is this in the right thread? Last I checked it's 2018 and we're 3 months off the 2019 season.

If we're going to reward guys for their 2017 performances then people need to step off the Zavs, Hagglund, Bono, Delgado and Ricketts criticisms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This. Guys contract is horrible, and so is he. Been saying this for 3 years now. Can’t buy him out now, so only thing we can do is trade him. But Vanney has a hard on for this kid, so he will stick around for another year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Ricketts courtside at the Raps on Sunday. I guess MLSE using it's different assets to soften the blow...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is this in the right thread? Last I checked it's 2018 and we're 3 months off the 2019 season.

If we're going to reward guys for their 2017 performances then people need to step off the Zavs, Hagglund, Bono, Delgado and Ricketts criticisms.

I think the point he's making is:

Even though he's 35, age had nothing to do with last seasons injury issues. A quad tear is common at all ages in soccer. Also - it's not like he's an injury prone player. He had one other major injury in his career - but bounced back from that and helped TFC to 2 MLS cup finals - both years posting increasingly better defensive stats.

He was out last year and look how abysmal the defence was. There is no evidence to say that he will be useless this year enough to dump him. Finding a player like him in the world is extremely difficult and there are not many like him in the league that teams would be willing to part with (Think the likes of Zimmerman, Opara)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I saw Ricketts courtside at the Raps on Sunday. I guess MLSE using it's different assets to soften the blow...
    or he's taking advantage of the perks before they are gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Did you notice there was no mention of Zavaleta in the roster moves. Is he still under contract? If so, then this year he either improves or gets traded/released. Anything else is nepotism.

Zavaleta signed a multi-year extension after we won MLS Cup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could still re-sign him to a lower contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

He was resigned, unfortunately, sometime during this past season so hes under contract thats why there was no mention in the report.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Zavelta stays , It’ll mean a mediocre season at best next year , shame . Mgrs have to be more cutthroat to win in this league . Team has to many mediocre players , at this point . Drew Moor has to get help and / or Mavinga has to be healthy . You can’t have both Hagglund and Zav.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    So where does Agar rank in terms of worst pick up ever, he has to be Bez's biggest misfire
    Mista will probably always hold the mantle of worst pick up ever in terms of value for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ricky knew what was coming. He's been very unhappy and that has affected his performance this year as he really needs to be in a confident place to play well. Sad to see him go but he might be too delicate to play at this level. (watch him go to MTL and score 5 on us this year....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rank Kantari lower than Aketxe as a signing. At least they were both defensible considering their contexts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashtone Morgan is coming back!
    Excellent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those people who want us to dump Moor and, say, trade for Waston and pay him $750K .... those are the kinds of moves that got us in cap trouble last year, but worked in 2017.

It is a tough call. There is risk in dropping him or keeping him. But I wouldn't conclude that keeping him is a de facto sign of weakness, or lack of imagination.

TFC should have a good handle on Moor's fitness. That is our edge.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-27-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Mista will probably always hold the mantle of worst pick up ever in terms of value for money.
    I don't know Mista had that one Champions league goal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think the point he's making is:

Even though he's 35, age had nothing to do with last seasons injury issues. A quad tear is common at all ages in soccer. Also - it's not like he's an injury prone player. He had one other major injury in his career - but bounced back from that and helped TFC to 2 MLS cup finals - both years posting increasingly better defensive stats.

He was out last year and look how abysmal the defence was. There is no evidence to say that he will be useless this year enough to dump him.
    Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. There are some here who were ready to dump Moor last year while we were in the midst of giving up half the goals we scored. Now Portu has stepped back into that line of thinking based on how we shipped goals this year *in his absence.* Drew can't win with some of the posters here.

... there's no logic to dropping Moor without a defined replacement plan. None.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know Mista had that one Champions league goal...
    Cruz Azul. I was there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Jermaine Defoe was the biggest let down for me. DeGuzman a close second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton responding to Kloke's suggestion is he likely on the way out:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Jermaine Defoe was the biggest let down for me. DeGuzman a close second.
    All Defoe did was score goals, until a serious injury and the club turbulence. And all DeGuzman did was what he was good at. On the list of TFC disappointments, they are no where near the top.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting developments......
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those people who want us to dump Moor and, say, trade for Waston and pay him $750K .... those are the kinds of moves that got us in cap trouble last year, but worked in 2017.

It is a tough call. There is risk in dropping him or keeping him. But I wouldn't conclude that keeping him is a de facto sign of weakness, or lack of imagination.

TFC should have a good handle on Moor's fitness. That is our edge.
    Moor can be a good keep. But two years ago he was sure looking like he lost a step. Or three. I’d be more worried about that than his fitness.