Page 121 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone mentioned MLS transfer window opens today. Let's hope we start hearing some news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Someone mentioned MLS transfer window opens today. Let's hope we start hearing some news.
    i was under the impression it was already open. Can anyone clarify?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    According to FIFAs transfer window website, it's actually next week, February 13

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    According to FIFAs transfer window website, it's actually next week, February 13
    If we had some good reporting out there, we'd at least be informed...jeez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    MLS is an odd league in that you can get a high quality guy from a better league who should tear the league up but they go on to falter or are merely average (ie. every Orlando DP so far) yet you can get a guy from some trash league who never became anything and they turn out great (BWP).

Of all leagues I watched MLS makes the least sense. The only way to surely know a guy will be good is when they get here and do it.

So when people mention these 'lesser' name guys like NYCFC got, I reserve judgment because one of them can click and nail 20+ goals next season. Or they select the right mixture and become less Villa dependent and have a more complete squad. Anything is possible.
    Yeah I don’t disagree, just think people need to adjust their thinking away from bigger names. I think what NYCFC is the way we’re also going. Unfortunately I also think the announcement will bomb because most of the fan base is looking for a recognizable name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm expecting an announcement on the 13th. Transfer window open and it is the clubs Kit reveal at the CN Tower. Press will already be there and seems like the kind of place to make an announcement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Yeah people on here say the 7th but if you look on the internet, it's down as 13th everywhere.

https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwi...dows-calendar/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ou8jonesy View Post
    I'm expecting an announcement on the 13th. Transfer window open and it is the clubs Kit reveal at the CN Tower. Press will already be there and seems like the kind of place to make an announcement.
    Yup. My money is on this too. That's got to be the plan. Question is whether they can keep the info locked down until then or will it leak? After a leaky couple weeks in January things have been really tightened up at TFC HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice how there's very little communication being reported out of training camp? No player, captain or coach's interviews on their CONCACAF preparation. Heck, even the players aren't posting anything on social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we needed Vazquez as the missing piece the year before. NOW we don't have Seba, VV. Every other team has improved drastically and we are no where near Atlanta's talent level and our remaining DP's are much older. Our team right now sucks balls on paper when you factor all this in. CCL dreams of winning? Get the F outta here. Season as it stands.. GET THE F OUTTA HERE. CCL start shortly and they have no signings imminent. I suggest stop putting faith in the FO. Seba and VdW made one thing pretty clear to all of us...management is not set on winning...that was all you needed to know. This is looking like old TFC and their FO again. I can have my opinion and that is how I see it for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, our new management's sole aim is to fail. That's what they think will impress the MLSE board. Sell off everyone, sign no one, finish last, and have a half empty stadium. Always good for job security.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I could see of the the ask Kloke anything discussion today, journos are asking but there isn't much to actually report.

https://theathletic.com/799744/2019/...m-et-thursday/

The club was hoping to announce their new DP very soon after selling Giovinco, even as soon as this week. These kinds of high profile acquisitions take time to come together, and I've been told the discussions with their preferred DP target are moving along well.
    &

I've been told Gregory van der Wiel will not play for TFC again and that they're actively looking to move him. This is one that you can probably put to bed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Well we needed Vazquez as the missing piece the year before. NOW we don't have Seba, VV. Every other team has improved drastically and we are no where near Atlanta's talent level and our remaining DP's are much older. Our team right now sucks balls on paper when you factor all this in. CCL dreams of winning? Get the F outta here. Season as it stands.. GET THE F OUTTA HERE. CCL start shortly and they have no signings imminent. I suggest stop putting faith in the FO. Seba and VdW made one thing pretty clear to all of us...management is not set on winning...that was all you needed to know. This is looking like old TFC and their FO again. I can have my opinion and that is how I see it for now.
    Sign 1 player who can do both - score goals and set them up. A true Attacking Mid. You won't get the same numbers that'd you'd get from VV and Gio, but the hope is he's enough of an influence to change the tide of games. Which is what you want in a DP. A game changer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Sign 1 player who can do both - score goals and set them up. A true Attacking Mid. You won't get the same numbers that'd you'd get from VV and Gio, but the hope is he's enough of an influence to change the tide of games. Which is what you want in a DP. A game changer.
    As much as I like Bradley, it would be prudent to trade or sell him, and somwhow acquire two world class offensive designated players. No point keeping him on this team, unless he transitions to a more forward role (I think he had less than five shots on goal last year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Mods - can we please move the Giovinco talk where it belongs. Out of 120 pages there are maybe 4 pages worth of posts that are actually on topic. This thread holds little value for the purpose that it is supposed to serve.
    Its a 2018-2019 TFC off season move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Its a 2018-2019 TFC off season move.
    There are no off season moves right now. I won’t reference S**a anymore, but we are not even permitted to speculate or infer what the team needs to do etc? Seems lame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should replace Bradley, or use him as an AM. He only had a few shots on goal last year 🥴

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Balotelli signed with anyone yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, our new management's sole aim is to fail. That's what they think will impress the MLSE board. Sell off everyone, sign no one, finish last, and have a half empty stadium. Always good for job security.

Thats essentially what the Jays did after they won the world series. They had + 4 million in attendance for several years and fell to 2.5 by 96. History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes. If MLSE saves $10 million by being cheap and it costs it $2 million in lost ticket sales there are suits who would accept that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Notice how there's very little communication being reported out of training camp? No player, captain or coach's interviews on their CONCACAF preparation. Heck, even the players aren't posting anything on social media.
    Vanney's on todays Extra Time Radio talking CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is how another team is handling an aging star: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47159671

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats essentially what the Jays did after they won the world series. They had + 4 million in attendance for several years and fell to 2.5 by 96. History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes. If MLSE saves $10 million by being cheap and it costs it $2 million in lost ticket sales there are suits who would accept that.
    That also effects other streams of revenue like advertising, concessions, and sponsorship. These people aren't stupid. They see how it's all interconnected. Seats being empty is only a small part of the pie. Remember BMO was going to stop being the jersey sponsor and all other offers were crap until the BBD convinced them to renew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is how another team is handling an aging star: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47159671
    Comparing the best player in football history to Seba is a bit much.

However, some other guy named Ronaldo was a hero at Real Madrid and he got shipped out too because he was believed to be too old for his wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Has Balotelli signed with anyone yet?
    Mississauga Metro Stars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing the best player in football history to Seba is a bit much.

However, some other guy named Ronaldo was a hero at Real Madrid and he got shipped out too because he was believed to be too old for his wage.
    What? He scored over 40 goals in as many games with Real last year, was offered a long term contract at net 30 mil euros per season....Juventus offered more, i believe a five year deal and over 100 mil euros transfer fee...no mention anywhere that his age was a factor.....but he openly despised the real team president.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Mississauga Metro Stars
    Balotelli would be join that team, and within a month, everyone would quit and go back to their day jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently had the privilege(?) of sitting through a brand meeting around the MLSE brand and it's properties (sport teams to you and me). While it is true that MLSE likes to give its shareholders a dividend each year, their business model is not driven by looking for efficiencies in paper clips (or TFC DP's). Their business model is to drive up their brand equity. Increasing the share price is their ultimate business goal. This THEY believe is accomplished by having their teams be in the top percentile for each of the respective leagues (read: competing for championships every season). Reducing spending and saving money that way isn't part of the calculus for increasing brand equity (and thus share value). So while they may be adjusting the spending around TFC (although I didn't get this sense from them, in fact all DP's along with VV and Osorio were touted as reasons for continued success), they are still looking for TFC to be a championship team (or championship competitive), so don't believe the "they're cheaping out" hype.

Now whether they can achieve these goals is a whole other discussion. But in terms of incoming players, they aren't looking to spend less, just differently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    What? He scored over 40 goals in as many games with Real last year, was offered a long term contract at net 30 mil euros per season....Juventus offered more, i believe a five year deal and over 100 mil euros transfer fee...no mention anywhere that his age was a factor.....but he openly despised the real team president.
    He did hate Perez and Perez did not offer to pay him what he felt he was worth and he took that as Real not valuing him. He took it personally. My point though, was that not every superstar gets the big send off no matter how key they are to teams. Lots of guys get moved and life goes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how Balotelli would fare in MLS it without having to endure the racist abuse he endures in Europe. Guy has skill, maybe he would lose the chip on his shoulder if he felt more accepted in a league

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I wonder how Balotelli would fare in MLS it without having to endure the racist abuse he endures in Europe. Guy has skill, maybe he would lose the chip on his shoulder if he felt more accepted in a league
    Headbutt Toledo into oblivion.