Page 107 of 191 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yup, currently $5m per year for Jozy, and a bit younger than the other DPs & Vazquez: Jozy turned 29 in November. No idea what TFC or another team would be willing to pay in a new contract.
    Jozy regular season MLS stats with TFC only:

goals per game: 0.5
    Goals per season with TFC: 11.25
    Games played per season: 22

5 million is a lot of money for a guy who scores 11 goals a year. Who ever is looking into him is going to crunch the numbers hard. I'd personally value him around 1.6-2.1 million a year. That said, teams do over pay all the time.

I highly doubt any one will give Jozy more or even close to what he's getting here... so I expect him to be here this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the chances we could negotiate Jozy down to TAM wages? I don't think there's any other team who would pay him more and at his age the security of a medium term contract that's still over a million a year may be appealing since I don't think he's getting it anywhere else with his injury and suspension problems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney says Jozy is "a few weeks" away from being ready

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1091818756869746688
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Jozy is going to Mexico... the problem he has is the same as what Seba found out. No club in NA or Europe will pay even close to the salary that they are/were making. Unless he signs in either China or Saudi Arabia he is going to be taking a pay cut IMO
    Chinese teams are no longer spending as they did, and the players they are picking up look more like money laundering attempts or favours to European teams they sponsor, like Dalian and the Atleti transfers.

Jozy doesn’t appear to be in the same boat, so he’s not getting a final payday there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A healthy Jozy is pretty clearly a DP-caliber player in this league. Bradley on the other hand, would ideally on TAM-money for his next deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Is that the TLDR of my convo?
    Yeah, essentially. Bringing him in on TAM looks super doubtful — unless, of course, we use some Garberaccounting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    A healthy Jozy is pretty clearly a DP-caliber player in this league. Bradley on the other hand, would ideally on TAM-money for his next deal.
    Agree on both counts. But the problem is a fully fit, not to mention not suspended, Jozy for a full season is basically an impossibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, i get that Michael Bradley is slowing a tad but I sincerely hope people recognize the amount of ground this guy has covered historically (prior to last year) and his positional sense is worth DP money 3x over. It's the whole reason Morrow spent most of 2018 in the opposition's penalty box scoring goals, that we could field two players in a first choice lineup that offer practically nothing defensively (Vazquez / Gio) plus Altidore at striker. Probably the reason why CB combos that looked weak on paper could have been played for extended periods in 2018 without leaking goals too. And the guy also happened to be a captain in a locker room that at one point was in dire need of some leadership.

Maybe he'll slow down in the next few and not be worth the same scratch. But i'm godamn sick of listening to butt-hurt USMNT fans and other pluggers dump on this guy when he plays a vital role on a team. Give this man his due.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Alright, i get that Michael Bradley is slowing a tad but I sincerely hope people recognize the amount of ground this guy has covered historically (prior to last year) and his positional sense is worth DP money 3x over. It's the whole reason Morrow spent most of 2018 in the opposition's penalty box scoring goals, that we could field two players in a first choice lineup that offer practically nothing defensively (Vazquez / Gio) plus Altidore at striker. Probably the reason why CB combos that looked weak on paper could have been played for extended periods in 2018 without leaking goals too. And the guy also happened to be a captain in a locker room that at one point was in dire need of some leadership.

Maybe he'll slow down in the next few and not be worth the same scratch. But i'm godamn sick of listening to butt-hurt USMNT fans and other pluggers dump on this guy when he plays a vital role on a team. Give this man his due.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Bradley as a player and captain of our club. I'm just not sure a 32 year old CDM (who has little to no positional versatility) is worth over $2m/year in salary. If he goes and has another 2016/2017 type of season this year, then perhaps you reconsider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a straight swap....Jozy for Gignac from Tigres.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Jozy is going to Mexico... the problem he has is the same as what Seba found out. No club in NA or Europe will pay even close to the salary that they are/were making. Unless he signs in either China or Saudi Arabia he is going to be taking a pay cut IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    How about a straight swap....Jozy for Gignac from Tigres.
    Gignac is beloved in Monterrey. Zero chance of that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking through Seba's Instagram pictures you could see the happiness his family had living here in Toronto. If it has not sunk in yet it will. My prediction, no way he lasts past 1 year in Saudi Arabia. I can see that snake Supoto sweeping in. Can you imagine seeing Seba in an Impact jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Jozy is under contract. TFC can't do anything without his consent. He is making what $7M per year. who's going to pay Jozy that this year.
    maybe he will go to Saudi Arabia??
    why doesn't everybody just go to Saudi Arabia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking through Seba's Instagram pictures you could see the happiness his family had living here in Toronto. If it has not sunk in yet it will. My prediction, no way he lasts past 1 year in Saudi Arabia. I can see that snake Supoto sweeping in. Can you imagine seeing Seba in an Impact jersey?
    Yeah - the first time he sees some dude smacking his servant around in the middle of the street (or his wife), I think it'll Dawn on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get me wrong, I love Bradley as a player and captain of our club. I'm just not sure a 32 year old CDM (who has little to no positional versatility) is worth over $2m/year in salary. If he goes and has another 2016/2017 type of season this year, then perhaps you reconsider.
    Ya agreed. I just wish people would acknowledge what he provided historically more. Although he gets credit from most TFC fans i’d say

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all was true about the bone fragments in Jozy’s foot for the last two years, I was actually looking forward to see him play pain free this year. I know people have their opinions but I personally hope he stays. Looking forward like everyone else to hear about who is coming in. I remember the games where Jozy and Seba were both off the field at the same time. Our team had zero offensive bite. Don’t want to see a full year of that if they are both gone and not replaced properly for some offense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    If all was true about the bone fragments in Jozy’s foot for the last two years, I was actually looking forward to see him play pain free this year. I know people have their opinions but I personally hope he stays. Looking forward like everyone else to hear about who is coming in. I remember the games where Jozy and Seba were both off the field at the same time. Our team had zero offensive bite. Don’t want to see a full year of that if they are both gone and not replaced properly for some offense.
    Complely true , his foot essentially blew up and he played through it during Champions League.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If another Vazquez type playmaker isn’t found, Altidore will be isolated, hacked to pieces, and have a very hard time scoring. I look at the current line up, and see nothing that would strike fear in any opposing club. What we have now, is essentially, a similar lineup to the team that lost 18 games last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saputo can't afford his wages.

Seba's family will live in Italy - team will pay for his flights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    If another Vazquez type playmaker isn’t found, Altidore will be isolated, hacked to pieces, and have a very hard time scoring. I look at the current line up, and see nothing that would strike fear in any opposing club. What we have now, is essentially, a similar lineup to the team that lost 18 games last year.
    It’s a bit too early to say this.

If Vanney intends to play with wingers, we don’t really have any (De Leon can play there, but it’s not exactly an earth shattering signing in terms of quality), or Endoh, Telfer, etc. who are not starter quality. That means we need two quality wingers to play up front with Jozy, who, if injured, is replaced by a guy who was considered future-Jozy but is a reclaim project due to a massive injury break.

Now it’s basically: what formation do they intend to play? If Vanney wants to play a 4-3-3 we need a DP winger probably. FO has let on that they’re looking for one DP and two TAM signings. VV was a jackpot signing during our Cup season — that’s unlikely to happen again. So do we need a DP AM or a DP up front?

I just hope they don’t get Nani as a DP, because that’s not a good move. Nani on TAM, Hanni on TAM, and another DP forward would be fine in my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Saputo can't afford his wages.

Seba's family will live in Italy - team will pay for his flights.
    Imagining Joey splashing $15 million and a transfer fee on a 34 year old Seba out of spite is kind of hilarious though. That’s a lot of sawdust-filled fake parmesan bucks!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wild speculative guess: we bring in Ener Valencia. Altidore goes other way (maybe).

Some troll account mentioned it on twittter. But surprisingly sort of makes sense.
    Valencia was the rumour last year but ....as a swap with Gio ,......not sure anyone of quality would want to come here right now unless there is $$$ involved . But Valencia would be very good in MLS ....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Vanney says Jozy is "a few weeks" away from being ready

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1091818756869746688
    some things never change ......that’s why he’s not top dollar for me ....he’ll never produce a whole season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Or worse line up , and don’t forget Josie’s temper .....it hurt us before , now getting knocked around how will he react .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with the transfer window closed how is TFC suppose to sign players to replace Seba and Vasquez before the CCL and MLS season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So with the transfer window closed how is TFC suppose to sign players to replace Seba and Vasquez before the CCL and MLS season?
    Because the MLS window is still open, and windows only apply to incoming players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Because the MLS window is still open, and windows only apply to incoming players.
    Our window technically doesn't open for another week and a half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC management most likely doing some serious mental gymnastics with regards to these next few signings and beyond. They definitely still want to make a splash and create some 'buzz'. At the same time we hear talk of them wanting to be more fiscally responsible with said BIG signings, potentially going for a younger / cheaper type of international player(s) with an eye to selling down the road possibly. They have to gauge the fanbase though, and try to content as much of that base as possible. The camp that wants / will only accept 'name' players and those that don't care as long as they are quality. All this while trying to win NOW, as that is what we are accustomed to here now , and is the only thing that will sell . And they must think they are up against the clock to boot ! They better get this right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. He lasts a year in Saudi Arabia. but my vision had him coming back to TFC!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's possible that Seba came for the money, he left for the money, and he likes it here. They can all be true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting analysis of the CB market and the recent trades. Makes a good case that (a) Manning fleeced Cincinnati and (b) he got the timing just right by jumping in front of KC, who no longer had Cincinnati as a dance partner for Opara. (The guy who wrote this is confused about Boyd being an allocation player, but otherwise does a good job)

https://www.thebluetestament.com/201...nesota-toronto