Page 105 of 191 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC play Las Vegas today. I eagerly await the news of TFC signings for the many vacancies recently created as much as any TFC fan, but it will be good to actually see them play a game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah. It’s going both ways. Some are attacking Giovinco, some the team and the ownership. It’s a fuckn hard time right now. Everyone’s dealing with massive changes. I agree the board’s gone pretty negative and it’s hard to have a reasonable conversation about it all.
    I'm going to remind people here to be polite. Discuss ideas, don't attack the person.

Emotional reactions happen when a star player leaves for anything other than retirement. That's normal. At the end though we need to understand that we are all here to support the team. All for One.

We had an epic meltdown here when DeRo left the first time. Some sided with DeRo, said he was disrespected, some sided with the club, said he was greedy. We banned a lot of people at that time. We're seeing a more mature response this time, let's not cross the line.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-02-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm in a time warp and it's 2012 all over again...

I'm understand the angst, but we still have an open transfer window and a couple of weeks until the season starts. I won't get angst until then depending on the moves or lack thereof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrance Boyd confrimed his departure from Darmstadt this morning on his Instagram. Didn't say where he is going though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    reggie you've been among the most dismissive of anybody who doesn't want to 100% blame the players, or who might just be a bit sad that Giovinco's leaving so suddenly, even if it's for the best long term. That also brings in lots of negativity to the thread.
    I gotta chime in here. I blocked “reggie” a couple of weeks ago, but I can see from the retweets he is responsible for a big percentage of the problem right now. He is also attacking people not posts.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I gotta chime in here. I blocked “reggie” a couple of weeks ago, but I can see from the retweets he is responsible for a big percentage of the problem right now. He is also attacking people not posts.
    I will try and keep my Seba less TFC misery, to myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Terrance Boyd confrimed his departure from Darmstadt this morning on his Instagram. Didn't say where he is going though.
    So, based on a conversation I had with a Darmstadt supporter, his Darmstadt report card:

Nobody knew what to expect because he had been out injured so long and hadn’t really played at Leipzig. Summary: flashes of something, long stretches of nothing. Didn’t play much in their Bundesliga season in part because of more injuries (they got promoted for 2016-17 then immediately relegated).

Started a lot last year in Bundesliga 2, but never really clicked. Tended to scuff chances. Had a couple of games where he looked like a star.

His departure is a non event for the supporters.

Likeable guy. Good teammate, did a lot of community stuff. Owns a coffee house (!) not far away from Darmstadt in Mannheim.
    https://www.echo-online.de/sport/fus...tzer_19870854#
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I will try and keep my Seba less TFC misery, to myself.
    No no no no no... this is the place for it. We all need therapy for this.

All anybody wants is for the arguments to stay within the bounds, and be about the post, not the person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vincent Janssen might be a shout. Ticks Og’s boxes. He’s in no man’s land at Spurs. We’ve done business there before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Vincent Janssen might be a shout. Ticks Og’s boxes. He’s in no man’s land at Spurs. We’ve done business there before...
    I saw something on BBC that both Schalke and Real Betis were sniffing after him, so maybe we'd get outclassed there.

But I would also want to know what the hell went wrong with him. I mean, he couldn't crack the lineup in like 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I saw something on BBC that both Schalke and Real Betis were sniffing after him, so maybe we'd get outclassed there.

But I would also want to know what the hell went wrong with him. I mean, he couldn't crack their lineup in like 3 years.
    Their windows are closed now I believe. Yeah I really don’t know what happened to him. Spurs wouldn’t even give him a first team number. Maybe more of a Bez type reclamation project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts?

There are chances that Jonathan Menendez will continue his career in @torontofc, would be on loan with charge and option to buy. #Independiente

https://twitter.com/IndependienteGO/...09471661178881

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a start. I’d make the comparison of Yamil Asad. Not going to win you the league but could be a solid piece.

Still... where are the big signings?

Edit: actually I take that back. Asad had almost 10 goals last year in league play. Menéndez has bounced around and is generallyf less proven.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 02-02-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

But I would also want to know what the hell went wrong with him. I mean, he couldn't crack the lineup in like 3 years.
    Poch recently said he’d get more chances after being frozen out, but he’s been a disaster and clearly can’t hack it in the prem (kind of like Jozy). His Turkish loan wasn’t exactly successful either. I also can’t see him replicating Seba’s G/A contribution here, though anything is possible.

The fact that he didn’t want to go back to Turkey or to basically anywhere over the transfer window would make it surprising that he would choose to go to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janssen is a joke and should not be signed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Menendez a better caliber of prospect than Lucas Janson? Doesn’t same that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Menendez a better caliber of prospect than Lucas Janson? Doesn’t same that way.
    Yeah I agree. If we’re really going hard at this 4-3-3 thing I expect a better player in that position.

If it’s a sub off the bench, fine. I can live with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s a start. I’d make the comparison of Yamil Asad. Not going to win you the league but could be a solid piece.

Still... where are the big signings?
    After being told Giovinco was nursing a sore leg (lie), and staying with the club (he checked into a different hotel), and Utter silence re both VV and VDW pre-movement, do you believe there is a big signing in the works?
    I am more concerned about Altidore leaving (Mavinga’s tweet).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    After being told Giovinco was nursing a sore leg (lie), and staying with the club (he checked into a different hotel), and Utter silence re both VV and VDW pre-movement, do you believe there is a big signing in the works?
    I am more concerned about Altidore leaving (Mavinga’s tweet).
    Who knows what they will do? They have boxed themselves in by not managing this properly. But I believe they will definitely attempt to portray what they do as a big signing!

Re Altidore and Mavinga, yeah, that tweet and much else spoke volumes, they will both be gone too, as soon as they are able to leave.

My guess is that Altidore gets traded within MLS.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah I agree. If we’re really going hard at this 4-3-3 thing I expect a better player in that position.

If it’s a sub off the bench, fine. I can live with it.
    Can you pay down a loan with TAM? If Vanney is hard set on playing with wingers this season it probably means the big signing (if there is one) is going to be in the midfield. We’re probably going to get stuck with De Leon and this guy as wingers... we still have no backup at RB, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eugh. I’m getting a little tired of the sentiment that’s Gio was the best player TFC will ever have. We’re a championship winning soccer club in a growing league. He was a great player and instrumental in our cup win, but we will grow and get better. Suarez left LFC, Neymar left Barca, shit happens. Life goes on and so will TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows what they will do? They have boxed themselves in by not managing this properly. But I believe they will definitely attempt to portray what they do as a big signing!

Re Altidore and Mavinga, yeah, that tweet and much else spoke volumes, they will both be gone too, as soon as they are able to leave.

My guess is that Altidore gets traded within MLS.
    I would honestly be surprised if anyone would pay his salary here, along with the optics of being hated by Americans in general due to the qualifying mishap (same goes for Bradley). If Jozy is off, he’s not going off to the States.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if anyone would pay his salary here, along with the optics of being hated by Americans in general due to the qualifying mishap (same goes for Bradley). If Jozy is off, he’s not going off to the States.
    I know what you are saying about Jozy's US problem. But I think it's worse for Michael.

I think there are teams/markets that would welcome him (eg Seattle or Orlando or San Jose). No way he can go to a NY, NE, DCU..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Eugh. I’m getting a little tired of the sentiment that’s Gio was the best player TFC will ever have. We’re a championship winning soccer club in a growing league. He was a great player and instrumental in our cup win, but we will grow and get better. Suarez left LFC, Neymar left Barca, shit happens. Life goes on and so will TFC.
    If only TFC could splash over a hundred million euros to replace an over two hundred million euros player!

Suarez, Neymar, Dembele — would TFC fans be angry if they left our club? They’re all bad attitude petulant mercenaries who want more money too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you are saying about Jozy's US problem. But I think it's worse for Michael.

I think there are teams/markets that would welcome him (eg Seattle or Orlando or San Jose). No way he can go to a NY, NE, DCU..
    The only team I could really see him going to is either NYRB (he was a Metrostar, after all) or somewhere in Florida (Miami? Orlando seems to be too much of a dumpster fire). I can’t see him being a player with much longevity after 30 considering his career trajectory and injury history. His next transfer is probably going to be the last of his career, so he’s not going to take much of a wage cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    If only TFC could splash over a hundred million euros to replace an over two hundred million euros player!

Suarez, Neymar, Dembele — would TFC fans be angry if they left our club? They’re all bad attitude petulant mercenaries who want more money too.
    Not sure Suarez was petulant or had a bad attitude, but I know that LFC supporters weren’t happy when he left.

Anyways, I think you’re missing my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a team taking Jozy as a sort of NHL style deal. Trade for him because he might get you over the line, and maybe see if you can reach terms once contract expires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I could see a team taking Jozy as a sort of NHL style deal. Trade for him because he might get you over the line, and maybe see if you can reach terms once contract expires.
    Exactly. Also it’s a way to make a splash without committing $15-20M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Also it’s a way to make a splash without committing $15-20M.
    Big time. Think a lot of clubs would be interested in a trade like that.

Sidenote: I'm willing to bet that Jozy's new contract offer is a max TAM deal (2 million).