Page 172 of 191 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy on TFC Reddit says he’s got it on good authority that Poz is signed. Not giving any more details though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...uelo_has_been/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think the authority is Manning at the supporters event Friday night.

It's pretty obvious this is done. The Genk Chairman just needs to be respectful of his own internal (ie Board) process.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^I think the authority is Manning at the supporters event Friday night.

It's pretty obvious this is done. The Genk Chairman just needs to be respectful of his own internal (ie Board) process.
    Agreed. Also note the "silence" from the Poz camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hooray. Now just another 4 more starters and we should be competitive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Actually I think we just need one more player, a winger, plus a settled/healed Altidore, plus some time on the practice pitch.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're being kind we really just need a pair of wingers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz starts for Genk. Hopefully for the last time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we should know by the end of the game. If he gets a send-off it’s done. Or booed I guess.
    Last edited by Canary10; 02-24-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it finally over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be a nice birthday gift for me if true lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing is for sure. He’ll look way better in red than blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think we just need one more player, a winger, plus a settled/healed Altidore, plus some time on the practice pitch.
    Well Jozy two tam players and a DP will be more than enough, I think DeLeon could be a starter too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's no longer wearing the captain's armband which is a good sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if we accept for the moment that poz is signed, and menendez is off, has there been any other names linked with us (credible ones)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watching the game?

My biggest worry at this point is not Poz who I'd happily wait for but why there's no noise around the TAM signings at all. Hope that's just front office keeping things very tight as we need a couple to compete this season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Well Jozy two tam players and a DP will be more than enough, I think DeLeon could be a starter too.
    I think Deleon is utility depth at about 6 positions, and may start a bunch of games, but I think we need an elite winger now. Anything else can wait for summer

You have 4 elite attacking players (Altdore, Pozo, Oso and new winger), two good DMs (Bradley and Delgado), and 3 backliners figured out (Coman, Mavinga, Morrow) with the fourth coming from one of Moor/Auro/Deleon). You spend the rest of your TAM in summer once you see how Deleon and/or Auro are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unveiling a new DP on the day if the NHL trade deadline. Bold move Cotton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    He's no longer wearing the captain's armband which is a good sign.
    He hasn’t been for the past couple games due to the transfer.

Did anyone see that Beita tweet about the fact that MLS doesn’t want American TAM players or something along those lines? I’m overseas so I can’t search it out.

I wonder if this was the reason TFC let him go? Would his salary have taken him into that territory and MLS wouldn’t let us spend the money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Anyone watching the game?

My biggest worry at this point is not Poz who I'd happily wait for but why there's no noise around the TAM signings at all. Hope that's just front office keeping things very tight as we need a couple to compete this season
    It might just be a case that they needed the first domino to fall. Hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did read somewhere that according to manning ,that it all depends on the poz situation.they may spend most of the tam money on one signing or 2 most likely it will be 2,and they are looking more closely into the character of the players in question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Deleon is utility depth at about 6 positions, and may start a bunch of games, but I think we need an elite winger now. Anything else can wait for summer

You have 4 elite attacking players (Altdore, Pozo, Oso and new winger), two good DMs (Bradley and Delgado), and 3 backliners figured out (Coman, Mavinga, Morrow) with the fourth coming from one of Moor/Auro/Deleon). You spend the rest of your TAM in summer once you see how Deleon and/or Auro are doing.
    My biggest worry on defence is Ciman I’m sorry but I really think he is a liability I have seen enough of him to have this opinion of him this guy is no better than Zavaletta at least Zavaletta has still age on his side. The guys at the Podcast MLS Extra Time also think this. I hope I’m wrong but let’s see but I fear he will be one of the major problems this team will have on defence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    My biggest worry on defence is Ciman I’m sorry but I really think he is a liability I have seen enough of him to have this opinion of him this guy is no better than Zavaletta at least Zavaletta has still age on his side. The guys at the Podcast MLS Extra Time also think this. I hope I’m wrong but let’s see but I fear he will be one of the major problems this team will have on defence.
    I haven’t listened to that pod but he was great at LAFC, that team basically fell apart after he left. That was only six months ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm watching the end of the Genk - Antwerp game, I'm sure Genk wasn't planning to be tied 0-0 at home in the 89th minute. If they were thinking of subbing Pozuelo off to fanfare late in the game, they may have had to change their minds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I’m with you here (concerned about Ciman as well) but as a caveat he is far better with the ball at his feet vs. Zavs. The latter is an absolute liability back there on both sides of play. By today’s standards he’d be one of the worst passing CB’s in the league.

The need to have players back there who are good on the ball (and feel comfortable stepping into space at least occasionally) has gone from luxury to necessity in this league given the popularity of the high press.

Last night I watched IMFC destroy DCU’s press at least a half dozen times with CB’s who took space and quickly launched counter attacks with numerical advantages.

So agreed, Ciman still has to prove he can defend. However, he’s still clearly offering something in the interim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman was also an all star. I’m sure he’ll round into better form like everyone else. He hasn’t played much with these players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    He hasn’t been for the past couple games due to the transfer.

Did anyone see that Beita tweet about the fact that MLS doesn’t want American TAM players or something along those lines? I’m overseas so I can’t search it out.

I wonder if this was the reason TFC let him go? Would his salary have taken him into that territory and MLS wouldn’t let us spend the money?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm watching the end of the Genk - Antwerp game, I'm sure Genk wasn't planning to be tied 0-0 at home in the 89th minute. If they were thinking of subbing Pozuelo off to fanfare late in the game, they may have had to change their minds.
    Best result. Not a loss to piss of their team. And not a win to continue the crisis of not winning a single game since the Pozuelo saga started. The only way to end the crisis is to finally let him go so unless they are too proud he should be ours tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was it like after the final whistle? Did it look like he was saying farewell in any way?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    What was it like after the final whistle? Did it look like he was saying farewell in any way?
    The camera did zoom in on Pozuelo at first right after the game, but it didn't look like anything special. Just shaking a few hands etc. The stream I was watching cut away to something else pretty quickly, so I don't know what happened after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The camera did zoom in on Pozuelo at first right after the game, but it didn't look like anything special. Just shaking a few hands etc. The stream I was watching cut away to something else pretty quickly, so I don't know what happened after that.
    OK, cheers