Page 54 of 191 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Maybe a guy who has been sent home goes to a Lakers game...
    Well Mavinga was also there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Was that the one where he fell on his butt and just sat there?

Regardless I hope this is true and he is out because he is a loafer. As bad or worse a signing than Aketxe. We can thank Bez for his albatross contract too. Buyout away!
    No, I think that might have been later in the same game though.

In this instance (with Tiebert) he was playing CB. Leading up to the goal the opposing winger had possession of the ball and was facing up our right fullback just outside of the 18 on the flank (no imminent danger but just a phase of play).

VDW inexplicably abandons his post as CB and goes to double up on the opposing winger. This left a huge gap of space and Tiebert ran straight into it, received the ball and had an easy time putting it into the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit, if that happened at training camp, it would fall in line with what Bradley said at the end of the year.

I remember some specific shouting matches between Gio and VdW in some matches last year. VdW may be the problem. It is really sad as we never needed him and we could have just resigned Beitashour for a little more money that he wanted...and he wanted to be here and had an injury free season last year and was voted best player by his team mates in LA. That was a stupid move by management. Bez`s signings his last year was pure crap and almost orchestrated his move. I have absolutely no hope at all for Curtis, don`t like his face and I think he will be quite useless. He will dismantle this team and this year does not look promising at all, especially after pretty much every other team has improved a lot. I could see Gio filling Vazquez` role in the mid, but we need strikers and a cohesive team without distractions. Wonder if we can get Beitashour back. Fuq this team better have more signings shortly, because this team is not good enough right now to win CCL or qualify for the playoffs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Breaking News: Coach and Player yell at one another

TFC Supporters:

This team has a long, loooooong history of ineptitude and dysfunction. I cant blame people for starting to get worried.

With that said, this may be a stir the pot rumor. I wish one of the journos could confirm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

With that said, this may be a stir the pot rumor. I wish one of the journos could confirm.
    Like him or not, Larson would have asked by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has a long, loooooong history of ineptitude and dysfunction. I cant blame people for starting to get worried.

I obviously can’t give up my source, but the person I was told this by, told me he was being sent home to Toronto today. So if you don’t see him in any of the videos, you will know why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I obviously can’t give up my source, but the person I was told this by, told me he was being sent home to Toronto today. So if you don’t see him in any of the videos, you will know why.
    Having him leave camp and wait for the transfer out would make sense.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched this video a few times and can't spot him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like him or not, Larson would have asked by now.
    I dont even read the journos anymore, there's no point. Even during the dead times Larson would at least have a tiny tidbit. Now they all write the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson works for the CPL now and doesn't report on TFC anymore.

Also his sources were always actual TFC staff, they wouldn't want something like this out there in a rumour anyways.

If this is true with VdW then it speaks to Bradley's end of year comments about there being separate agendas in the locker room, and also to VdW's reputation as a bit of a diva and being difficult to manage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If VDW is a dick everyone else in the locker room will know it too, won't just be on Vanney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping that VDW story is true, really want to see him out. The club can do a hell of a lot more with the money. Plenty of CBs and Auro/DeLeon should (maybe) be sufficient at RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Hoping that VDW story is true, really want to see him out. The club can do a hell of a lot more with the money. Plenty of CBs and Auro/DeLeon should (maybe) be sufficient at RB.
    Auro/DeLeon is definitely not sufficient. If we dump VDW, then we need to go out and get a RB to either start ahead of Auro (meaning TAM) or to back him up (meaning a hard to find domestic on less than 200k)

This is a shitshow of a pre-season, especially compared to the sedated one we had last year.
    Last edited by portu; 01-22-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope I'm wrong, and I very well could be, but weren't TFC 2 brutal last year? Like worst in the league? Starting to get scary when we are filling up our roster with anyone from that team. I was worried about the Endoh signing, now Okello(haven't seen him play, just can't imagine anyone from TFC 2 actually helping us win).

I hate to say it, but even Hamilton is not going to help this year other than being a warm body on the field. Not saying he won't poach a couple, but he is not an impact player...2 of which we desperately need to compete in league and CCL.

Hope they are all bench players, and stay there, or TFC 2.
    Maybe they all prove me wrong, but hard to see these guys helping us as contenders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Auro/DeLeon is definitely not sufficient. If we dump VDW, then we need to go out and get a RB to either start ahead of Auro (meaning TAM) or to back him up (meaning a hard to find domestic on less than 200k)

This is a shitshow of a pre-season, especially compared to the sedated one we had last year.
    From what VDW showed last year I can't rate him any better than Auro. He is smarter and has better instincts but he is a loafer and got caught out a lot. At least a couple times a match he would be surprised by a standard pass as he was looking around in the stands. Never saw anything in him to make him an automatic starter at FB minus his (over)pay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really really dispappointed in Manning.

Here is what I don’t understand, for the life of me.

Manning is saying to Jozy and Seba: “that's nice that this wouldn’t happen in world football, but over here, we have this thing called playing out your option, and that is what we are going to make you do. We'll decide what we think in November.”

Only it's NOT what happens in North America. Teams either go for it and sign the players, or they decide whether they are in rebuilding mode at the time when the players are still real assets. They either commit or move the players for younger assets well before the end of the contract (in other sports its younger players and draft picks that they get in return, in MLS it’s the current cap space and TAM that are incredibly valuable - if we are moving on, we lose the opportunity to sign/evaluate other unknown major players with those dollars - we are not getting the jump on 2020 and beyond properly.

No team wants demoralized star players, and any team wants assets they can use towards the new strategy. Nobody should want to just pay a ton of salary and get nothing at the end.

This story (not TFC related) shows how you someone else is handling a similar situation in basketball.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ol-mike-conley

This is what Manning should have done in December. Now he is in react mode to a completely foreseeeable situation, one that we talked about a lot last year.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-22-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

46 min ago he posted on Instagram from sunset Blvd. He's definitely not on a plane home today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    46 min ago he posted on Instagram from sunset Blvd. He's definitely not on a plane home today.
    Someone get on some roller blades and get to Pearson!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Someone get on some roller blades and get to Pearson!
    Already laced up. They don't work as well in the snow but let's get it done.

AC788 - 540am
    AC794 - 304pm
    AC792 - 715pm
    AC796 - 1114pm

All jokes aside his wife is there along with their kid. If he's coming back to TO it's not a same day thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am really really dispappointed in Manning.

Here is what I don’t understand, for the life of me.

Manning is saying to Jozy and Seba: “that's nice that this wouldn’t happen in world football, but over here, we have this thing called playing out your option, and that is what we are going to make you do. We'll decide what we think in November.”

Only it's NOT what happens in North America. Teams either go for it and sign the players, or they decide whether they are in rebuilding mode at the time when the players are still real assets. They either commit or move the players for younger assets well before the end of the contract (in other sports its younger players and draft picks that they get in return, in MLS it’s the current cap space and TAM that are incredibly valuable - if we are moving on, we lose the opportunity to sign/evaluate other unknown major players with those dollars - we are not getting the jump on 2020 and beyond properly.

No team wants demoralized star players, and any team wants assets they can use towards the new strategy. Nobody should want to just pay a ton of salary and get nothing at the end.

This story (not TFC related) shows how you someone else is handling a similar situation in basketball.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ol-mike-conley

This is what Manning should have done in December. Now he is in react mode to a completely foreseeeable situation, one that we talked about a lot last year.
    I think you’re getting ahead of yourself with some of these predictions but part of me wonders if Bill Manning isn’t too “small town” for this market.

No judgment on Curtis, he just got here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 roster spots still open.
    With one being a third goalkeeper, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the roster shapes out. Do they designate say Dunn or Daniels for the season long USL loan to open up another roster spot? I hope they bring in a vet GK, someone to battle Patterson-Sewell for the backup spot. Then the question is, with TFC II now playing at the USL D3 level, where the third gk is most likely going to be playing, will a vet want to do that? The carrot I guess is a MLS contract. Something along the lines of 2010 when they switched out Brian Edwards for a vet in Jon Conway and then signed a young guy in Milos Milos as the third a few weeks into the season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Hope I'm wrong, and I very well could be, but weren't TFC 2 brutal last year? Like worst in the league? Starting to get scary when we are filling up our roster with anyone from that team. I was worried about the Endoh signing, now Okello(haven't seen him play, just can't imagine anyone from TFC 2 actually helping us win).

I hate to say it, but even Hamilton is not going to help this year other than being a warm body on the field. Not saying he won't poach a couple, but he is not an impact player...2 of which we desperately need to compete in league and CCL.

Hope they are all bench players, and stay there, or TFC 2.
    Maybe they all prove me wrong, but hard to see these guys helping us as contenders.
    Yes they finished last in the league, and I'm not about to defend the coaching staff or general team operations... but they also play the youngest team in the league, consistently filling out large portions of the squad with 16 to 18 year olds, vs. pro USL teams playing veterans, and other MLS 2 teams tending to skew more towards 19 to 23 year olds in general. This is why TFC II is stepping down a level to play in USL League One (effectively division 3) next season rather than USL Championship, so that the level of competition is more appropriate for the age range they want to focus on, which I don't believe they intend to change.

That plays into Endoh being offered a senior team contract rather than a spot with TFC II, it doesn't make sense to have a 25 year old on that team going forward. But Endoh wouldn't have been given a senior team contract if he hadn't performed. He had 8 goals and 1 assist in 14 games, and lead the team in chances created across the whole season (again despite playing only 14 times). Hamilton likewise performed with 8 goals and 1 assist in 10 games. You are correct, they aren't impact players, but these guys are going to take up hardly any salary cap space (or none at all if they occupy supplemental player designations). As depth to the depth they're fine.

Okello is a quality prospect, VfL Wolfsburg tried to get him for a six figure transfer fee last year. Locking him up and getting him in a pro environment is a good thing. He won't be expected to contribute yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okello and Fraser look like the real deal to me. I wouldn't mind seeing Bradley sit next to either in midfield with Oso just ahead. I think Fraser is MLS ready, but worried about him starting alone at the CDM spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diego Fagundez looking to leave Revs. Under 200k salary, good age, domestic winger with double digit G+A history. Would be excellent trade if we gave up less than 600-700k in TAM.

Edit: The more I look at this the more ideal it gets. Getting a TAM winger on a free would cost more, and if that winger put up 9G/8A in the league for us we'd call that a success. The kid is also locked up for the next two years at ~200k, meaning we'd only have to really pony up for him in 2021 (if we wanted to). At that point he's 25 and looks like an excellent piece moving on from the Bradley/Jozy/Seba era.
    Last edited by portu; 01-23-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Any narrative about the Leafs or Raptors relating to TFC is ridiculous.

The Raps payroll this year is $140M, the cap is $100M, and they are set to pay $35M in luxury tax. If you are an MLSE exec, to even mention TFC’s DPs in any conversation about that Raps budget would get you fired. It’d be the equivalent of pointing out that you could save money for your new car by cancelling your newspaper subscription.

It’s not relevant.
    I have never understood why we need to keep comparing Leafs/Raptors to TFC, I know it's the same ownership group, but we are discussing TFC not the Loafs or Dino's ffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    With one being a third goalkeeper, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the roster shapes out. Do they designate say Dunn or Daniels for the season long USL loan to open up another roster spot? I hope they bring in a vet GK, someone to battle Patterson-Sewell for the backup spot. Then the question is, with TFC II now playing at the USL D3 level, where the third gk is most likely going to be playing, will a vet want to do that? The carrot I guess is a MLS contract. Something along the lines of 2010 when they switched out Brian Edwards for a vet in Jon Conway and then signed a young guy in Milos Milos as the third a few weeks into the season.
    I think Bakero will be gone. I found Vanney's quote about the competition for 3rd forward spot being between Hamilton & Akinola while leaving Bakero totally unmentioned interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Notthesun

Thanks for the insight, as it surely would make quite a difference playing against older, stronger, and more experienced players. If like you say, they are depth to the depth, then this does make a lot of sense and hopefully they can contribute, as we will need serviceable players for busy stretches of our season. Bring on our quality tam signings sooner rather than later though.
    Last edited by TMAN80; 01-23-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV tweeted a thank you to the TFC family. Doesn't seem to be any hard feelings, and he said at least twice "see you soon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is there are no journos there, except for those connected with the team (TFC website), though Neil Davidson wrote an article the other day suggesting he may be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Okello and Fraser look like the real deal to me. I wouldn't mind seeing Bradley sit next to either in midfield with Oso just ahead. I think Fraser is MLS ready, but worried about him starting alone at the CDM spot.
    Fraser is not the real deal. He is a good passer of the ball but way too slow. I have never seen Okello play yet, but all that I have read about him is that he is the real deal.