Page 2 of 191 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect they'll keep Janson and trade Vasquez. Much as VV is our best playmaker, I'm not sure he can stand up to the rigors of MLS travel and shitty pitches. On the other hand, a lot of Euro teams would take him with a much easier travel schedule and milder climate.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do think MB and JA are overpaid.but they count has has non imports,you would most likely have to replace them with imports,that would weaken other postions on the club.i would sign all 3 if they could get them under 10 mil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Keep Giovinco, keep Drew Moor (as a back up, don't trust him to stay healthy) keep Bradley, keep Janson (if you can get him cheaper then the 3.7 million dollar fee)

Cut Vazquez, cut Altidore.

Bring in the following

new CB, new striker, new CAM.

---------------Giovinco - New Striker
    ----------------------CAM -------------
    ---------Janson---------------------Osorio
    --------------------Bradley--------
    ---Morrow-Mavinga-New CB- Van Der Weil

Bench: Moor, Auro Jr, Delgado

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK: Bono, Patterson-Sewel, Depth Keeper
    RB: Auro, Bench Fullback
    CB: Mavinga, VDW, TAM CB, Hagglund, Depth CB, Dunn
    LB: Morrow, Morgan (reduced salary willing), Telfer
    CM: Bradley, Osorio, TAM Box-to-Box CM, Delgado, Chapman, Fraser, Daniels
    F: Giovinco, Janson, TAM Striker/Winger, Hamilton, Akinola

How I'd like to see things pan out this off-season.

I'd like a line up of Bono; Auro, VDW, Mavinga, Morrow; Bradley, TAM Box-to-Box CM, Osorio; Janson, Giovinco, TAM Striker/Winger
    Last edited by portu; 10-29-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't see Vazquez not being in the plans for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody here wants 3 more TAM players... CB, CAM and Striker. If we move Jozy, we only unload a certain amount of money. Where does the cap space for the other 1.5 TAM players come from (Assuming Moor doesnt take a huge cut on his contract)?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vazquez is a key cog when healthy. We are much more dangerous when he's pulling the strings. I'm willing to give him another shot. Plus, he scored with his balls
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Vazquez is a key cog when healthy. We are much more dangerous when he's pulling the strings. I'm willing to give him another shot. Plus, he scored with his balls
    Key words “when healthy”. Unfortunately he’s not often healthy of late.

I’d be concerned about relying on that next year. We need healthy first choice players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I’d be concerned about relying on that next year. We need healthy first choice players.
    I don’t understand this attitude. He had a run of an injury this season that he had surgery on. He has like four months for recovery now. Even said today he’d be playing if we were in the playoffs. We can’t let top players recover from surgery now before we kick their ass to the curb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i highly doubt vazquez is leaving his points to minutes was fantastic this season..even with all injuries ..we scored a good amount of goals this season.the probs was defence and goal keeping i hope we move on from bono (should of sold him when we had the chance)another cb starter for sure moor has the backup..start working in dunn to replace zava or haggs
    Last edited by reggie; 10-29-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only DP player that has any chance of leaving is Altidore, and I think even that is pretty low. This all depends on how much these DP’s want $$$. Vasquez isn’t going anywhere. I’d put my house on it. Now, if next season is the same as this season with injuries for him, then he will go. Remember, he played in 31 games last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also want to know about Auro and Janson since both are on loan onto how much it will cost to keep them. That could greatly affect things as well.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Yup. And the salary he's on can facilitate two TAM players on 750k.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    CB: Mavinga, VDW, TAM CB, Moor, Hagglund, , Dunn

I'd like a line up of Bono; Auro, VDW, Mavinga, Morrow; Bradley, TAM Box-to-Box CM, Osorio; Janson, Giovinco, TAM Striker/Winger
    Drew moor is your 4th choice CB.
    Hagglund is your depth.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don’t understand this attitude. He had a run of an injury this season that he had surgery on. He has like four months for recovery now. Even said today he’d be playing if we were in the playoffs. We can’t let top players recover from surgery now before we kick their ass to the curb?
    Agreed. He had a tough time this year, but if he can recover and give us 30+ games, then he can be an MVP candidate again.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a top CAM and top consistent CB more then anything.

Moor and Vazquez are so important to this team. When they are injured, this team is nothing. When this team had a healthy, productive Vazquez; this team was the best MLS team in history. Look at Atlanta with out Almiron. Terrible. I've said it once, i'll say it again! CAM, Striker and CB is the most important position in MLS. Therefore, Vazquez, Giovinco and Moor/Mavinga are most important in my view.

I like Janson, but does he really move the needle that much? Osorio? Delgado? Even Bradley and Altidore would be 4th and 5th most important.

I'd honestly decline Janson if it means we can find a CB else where. I'd also move Altidore if it means we can get a top CAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jozy being the only player NOT out on the pitch after the game was a bit startling too.
    According to a few players I spoke with, Jozy is somewhere in the US recovering from foot surgery that he had last Thursday. Given that he's such a man of the people, I'm sure he would have been there as well if he could.

Believe me, I was fucking bummed as I wanted to get my jersey signed. I spent a lot of time at the stadium yesterday lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were tied for 7th in GF. We scored enough to to get into the playoffs comfortably. We let in the most GA in franchise history. That’s head scratching. Some of that is on Vanney, some of that is on Bono, and the midfield, but that’s mostly on Hagglund and Zavaleta. They both need to go. Hagglund regressed, and is the worst passing CB in the MLS. Zavaleta has always been below average. He was sheltered by Mavinga and Moor.

Either move GVW there, and sign 1 CB, which I think is going to happen, or sign 2 CB’s. That’s what needs to happen. All the other stuff is secondary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Drew moor is your 4th choice CB.
    Hagglund is your depth.
    Even if Drew Moor took a salary at or around 150k, he's not consistently healthy enough to warrant a spot on this team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody was healthy in 2017.

I wouldn't put much stock in rating consistent healthiness based on either 2017 or 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The immediate priority is centre backs. When Mavinga and Moor went injured it was before the trade deadline. We should have signed Short term backup to save the season. Not fixing the CB position was the root cause of our season. It got so bad - it affected Bono’s confidence. I’m worried about relying on him going forward. A new too class CB and keep Moor and maybe Haggland. Zavs should be traded.

I’d alao give some thought to Morrow. You need to be sure that he will gwt back to his best form. I was a ahadowbof his 2017 self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a quick look on Transfermarkt shows that Janson, Delgado, Zavaleta, Auro, Ricketts, Morgan, Irwin, Chapman, Moor, Hamilton, Hernandez Fraser, Patterson - Sewell, Akinola and Daniels are all out of contract at the end of the calendar year. The 2 most obvious factors here are that 1) Moor has an option for next year and 2) Auro has the option to buy. Outside of them I can only see them really making a move on Fraser, Janson (if we can get him at a reasonable price) and maybe Delgado. Hopefully Aketxe agrees to terms with the club he is on loan too and his salary will come off the books as well. That all together would free up $2.6 million in salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The immediate priority is centre backs. When Mavinga and Moor went injured it was before the trade deadline. We should have signed Short term backup to save the season. Not fixing the CB position was the root cause of our season. It got so bad - it affected Bono’s confidence. I’m worried about relying on him going forward. A new too class CB and keep Moor and maybe Haggland. Zavs should be traded.

I’d alao give some thought to Morrow. You need to be sure that he will gwt back to his best form. I was a ahadowbof his 2017 self.
    The thing about Morrow is that even if he isn't scoring goals the guy is still defensively very very good and can fill in at CB and LM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Hagglund can play CB for years in MLS. He has a ton of physical skills. More of a classic 4-4-2 English CB, 3-5-2 emphasizes mobility and distribution.

Suspect he will do it somewhere else. I bet Cincinnati snaps him up, he is from there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hagglund would jump at the chance to move home since he's won the treble here already. However, I'd keep him over Zavs as he's half the salary and has a good aerial presence. Definitely a 3rd or 4th CB though with VdW as the other reserve CB. Mavinga starts, Moor stays at a lower salary as reserve, and another top-notch CB to pair with Mavinga. Bradley probably has at least another year at DM but they need another young understudy if Fraser is not his successor. Hopefully Vasquez recovers his form but we'll probably need another young backup if he goes down again. Jansen might replace part of Jozy's production, but a big CB would be helpful as a like for like replacement and also as the CF in a 4-3-3, if that's the way Vanney wants to roll the team next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post

In an amazing world you would have 8 quality defenders to get through all competitions.

IN MLS I would be happy with 6.

1. Mavinga, 2. Morrow, 3. Moor, 4. VDW, 5. NEW CB (1,000,000) 6. NEW CB(300 K)

Squad rotation (less then 15 games) 7. Auro Jr, 8. Hagglund.

Gone as far away as possible: Zav and Hernandez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CB: Mavinga, VDW, TAM CB, Hagglund, Depth CB, Dunn

The 2 in red have no business being in the first team, keep them at TFCII or just get rid of them, as well as Zavaleta, my opinion

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that TFC will get allocation $$$ for missing the playoffs PLUS allocation $$$ for being in the CCL. Plus there's the annual bump-up in the salary budget under the CBA.

The salary budget will be significantly higher this year without shedding anyone. If TFC trades/drops a few players on top of that they can improve the team in those weak areas.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even if Drew Moor took a salary at or around 150k, he's not consistently healthy enough to warrant a spot on this team
    The guy only had 1 other major injury in his entire career (14 years, 364 regular season games)prior to last year. How is that consistently not healthy enough? Not healthy enough for the bench?

Good lord