Page 89 of 191 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally take Giovinco's words with a grain of salt. As I do managements. I'm not happy about anybody here. Life will go on, we'll see how well.

But some folks here just want to shill for management alone? Gimme an effin break. Players aren't allowed to be upset? Jozy had bone fragments in his foot. Perhaps it wasn't diagnosed properly early on. He could still walk & run but it hurt in certain situations. Hopefully it finally got fixed now. You think he had a fake surgery? That's just trash, utter garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best post of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    I've thought about and have been following how the Giovinco situation unfolded these past few days. Like many of you, I'm heartbroken that he's leaving for the memories that were provided to us, but I'm much more disappointed and disgusted with him than in management or anything else, and I'm not upset that he's gone with the way he's chosen to go out. As far as management is concerned, they may have botched the progression of Giovinco's time here. I stress the term "may have", because I don't think the two sides were ever close and that's why there wasn't much point in having a discussion before this.

You've all seen it, the incessant whining, the lack of self awareness, etc. He was the highest paid player in the league for a reason, to do the job of being its best player and to transform the organization, and he was paid very handsomely for that. He seems to think that he deserves to be paid MORE for past performance, because let's face it, he's been on the decline since 2017, so it certainly isn't for future performance. Somewhere, you have to draw the line. His scathing instagram post towards management is really icing on the cake of where his head is at, though it's clear he wasn't the one who actually wrote the post. I unconditionally refuse to believe someone who says management is not committed to winning when the following things are reportedly true:

- TFC offered him similar money to Josef Martinez, a player who has outperformed Giovinco in the last 2 years. His salary would have still remained higher than the likes of Wayne Rooney. If you've been following Giovinco since he got here in 2015, he's not the same player and has clearly declined some. One would be daft to believe he's not going to continue in this direction.
    - He chose to go to Saudi Arabia, to win? Win what in Saudi Arabia? The lifestyle there resembles nothing of that here too and not in a good way, hearing from friends who worked there.
    - They're paying him $10 Million a year. Nobody else was offering that money and TFC would have been stupid to match or even come close.

It's clear that the party not committed to winning and making a proper lifestyle choice was Giovinco. This was always and only ever about getting a maximum pay day and not about "home", whatever that means. Shame on you, Seba, though I guess this behaviour consistent with his incessantly whiny attitude which I quickly came to loathe. With that disgusting and unnecessary instagram post, he's tarnished his legacy here in my mind. There's no reason why he couldn't have gone out on a high in his goodbye message that would have immortalized him.

Thanks for the memories, I guess, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The thing I find funny about some of the fans here and on social media is that they take Seba’s word as the truth and not that he is trying to spin it as it’s all the FO fault. From what I have been told from people close to Seba is he was willing to take a pay cut was only based on getting a long term deal ie 4 plus years. He’s been angling to leave since after we won the cup. My comment isn’t to absolve the FO, just trying to shine light on the whole picture

Will he be missed sure, but at the end of the day the club was here before him and will be here long after he retires. A lot of us have been here since day 1, we have seen the utter disaster this club has been. I truly believe we will not slide back to that. It’s a reset on the squad. TFC revolutionized the league when Seba, Bradley and Jozy arrived, but in doing so they had to overpay to acquire the players. Then Atlanta tweaked the model. So instead of spending almost 9 million more than any other club you can lower the wage bill and still be competitive.
    i agree.we dont know the whole story. tfc had the highest payroll the last 4 to 5 years and will be the highest this year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting kind of tired of hearing about 'Giovinco's scathing instagram rant' when it was pretty clearly his agent who wrote that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    enjoy kyle bekker
    Thats some great support for the CPL there bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    We are getting one side of the story and we have been fed rumours from the Seba camp for two years now. Granted the FO has kept their cards close to their chest.

It's hard to know what to believe anymore.
    sure, I get that....I can certainly agree that Seba and his camp are not even close to faultless here....but this, coupled with KJ's tweet last night that management apparently has been mandated to cut salary with TFC has me worried.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: In acquiring Boyd, did we use our allocation spot on him? or do we still have the #1 spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Getting kind of tired of hearing about 'Giovinco's scathing instagram rant' when it was pretty clearly his agent who wrote that.
    fair enough.....but you have to think that Giovinco at the very least would agree with what was put up there....no need to get that strong in words once you've already forced your way out....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see this is Seba wanted it his way and from all the records and trophies hes brought to TFC and himself he probably deserved it his way. But and the is always a but, this is a business and a Big Club with lots of money! I think management could of kept the supporters in the loop better then the had done but I still prefer it this way than the MoJo era! It's always down to let's wait and see what TFC brings in as a replacement for Seba, VV, and VDW. That's 3 international roster spots, a shitload of TAM, DP spot, and we have the first allocation slot.
    I would love to see a big signing and good pick ups made for the money that's available for VV AND VDW. Who will that be I bet we will find out sooner rather than later. Management knows we have big games ahead of us and its weeks away not months. Boyd signing if true is a replacement for Ricketts and I'm fine with that Ciman Mavinga and Moore will be solid Morrow and Auro are here to stay. So the backline isn't our problem. Midfield need work and the VV money will fill that problem. Last but not least we need a new DP and he will be a good one I am sure of it.
    So the Seba funeral should be over at today's end and I for one will not be wearing black as long as a very good DP is brought in and raises me from my seat every time he touches the ball. Last but not least TFC til I Die!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    i will support the CPL bud.maybe your lost,this is a tfc supporters site.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Question: In acquiring Boyd, did we use our allocation spot on him? or do we still have the #1 spot?
    No. Boyd was not on the 'Allocation List' published by MLS so he would just be a regular transfer.

Someone like Cyle Larin, Fabian Johnson, Julian Green would be subject to the allocation order as they are on the list.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/allocation
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Agree, but its out there as Seba's words. He has a bad agent, and I think he gets bad advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    He's not on the allocation list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The thing I find funny about some of the fans here and on social media is that they take Seba’s word as the truth and not that he is trying to spin it as it’s all the FO fault. From what I have been told from people close to Seba is he was willing to take a pay cut was only based on getting a long term deal ie 4 plus years. He’s been angling to leave since after we won the cup. My comment isn’t to absolve the FO, just trying to shine light on the whole picture

Will he be missed sure, but at the end of the day the club was here before him and will be here long after he retires. A lot of us have been here since day 1, we have seen the utter disaster this club has been. I truly believe we will not slide back to that. It’s a reset on the squad. TFC revolutionized the league when Seba, Bradley and Jozy arrived, but in doing so they had to overpay to acquire the players. Then Atlanta tweaked the model. So instead of spending almost 9 million more than any other club you can lower the wage bill and still be competitive.
    Over time, yes. On three weeks notice, bloody unlikely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about and have been following how the Giovinco situation unfolded these past few days. Like many of you, I'm heartbroken that he's leaving for the memories that were provided to us, but I'm much more disappointed and disgusted with him than in management or anything else, and I'm not upset that he's gone with the way he's chosen to go out. As far as management is concerned, they may have botched the progression of Giovinco's time here. I stress the term "may have", because I don't think the two sides were ever close and that's why there wasn't much point in having a discussion before this.

You've all seen it, the incessant whining, the lack of self awareness, etc. He was the highest paid player in the league for a reason, to do the job of being its best player and to transform the organization, and he was paid very handsomely for that. He seems to think that he deserves to be paid MORE for past performance, because let's face it, he's been on the decline since 2017, so it certainly isn't for future performance. Somewhere, you have to draw the line. His scathing instagram post towards management is really icing on the cake of where his head is at, though it's clear he wasn't the one who actually wrote the post. I unconditionally refuse to believe someone who says management is not committed to winning when the following things are reportedly true:

- TFC offered him similar money to Josef Martinez, a player who has outperformed Giovinco in the last 2 years. His salary would have still remained higher than the likes of Wayne Rooney. If you've been following Giovinco since he got here in 2015, he's not the same player and has clearly declined some. One would be daft to believe he's not going to continue in this direction.
    - He chose to go to Saudi Arabia, to win? Win what in Saudi Arabia? The lifestyle there resembles nothing of that here too and not in a good way, hearing from friends who worked there.
    - They're paying him $10 Million a year. Nobody else was offering that money and TFC would have been stupid to match or even come close.

It's clear that the party not committed to winning and making a proper lifestyle choice was Giovinco. This was always and only ever about getting a maximum pay day and not about "home", whatever that means. Shame on you, Seba, though I guess this behaviour consistent with his incessantly whiny attitude which I quickly came to loathe. With that disgusting and unnecessary instagram post, he's tarnished his legacy here in my mind. There's no reason why he couldn't have gone out on a high in his goodbye message that would have immortalized him.

Thanks for the memories, I guess, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Good post. But I disagree with some of your inferences.

1.Seba, when he arrived, was astonished by the relative mediocrity on the pitch. His ranting, raving, was a result of his desire to teach lesser players, cause frankly, few had any idea what things like one touch football, etc.,, was. Coupled with this was his desire to win. He did this by scoring. However, if you followed him in Serie A, he was primarily an attacking midfielder. By 2017, and last season, Seba became the complete player. He got better, not worse. Does anybody believe that first Morrow, than Osorio, would suddenly start scoring, if Seba wasnt yelling at them in 2015 and 2016?

2. Look around the world for outstanding football stars, and you will find their uber quality is matched by their intense competitive nature, arrogance, confidence.....I suppose his “whiny” attitude, may be something he picked up from Ronaldo, Rooney, Zlatan, That prick from Brazil....etc.

3. Last season, he played hurt. He was on the pitch with Altidore and Vazquez, how many times? Despite this, his points per game were still very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not too excited about anybody on the allo list tbh,maybe they will hang on until the summer window or maybe trade it down the road.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He's not on the allocation list.
    I thought USMNT players had to go through it. Maybe at one point. I seem to remember the Reds had to go through a process to get even Gale A.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I thought USMNT players had to go through it. Maybe at one point. I seem to remember the Reds had to go through a process to get even Gale A.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/allocation
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winner ...gagnant.
    This is exactly how I feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ate: January 23, 2019
    The Allocation Process is the mechanism used to determine which MLS Club has first priority to acquire a player listed on the Allocation Ranking List (see below). The list will consist of (i) select U.S. Men’s National Team players, (ii) elite youth U.S. National Team players, or (iii) former MLS players returning to MLS after joining a non-MLS club for a transfer fee greater than $500,000. Generally, the Allocation Ranking List will be updated once a year on the day after the conclusion of the MLS regular season. The Allocation Ranking List will only be edited during the year if a player is transferred out of the league or if a top youth national team player is added to the list.
    The Allocation Ranking Order is set by taking the reverse order of the club’s standings at the end of each MLS Season, taking playoff performance into account, with the new expansion clubs at the top of the order.
    Once the club uses its allocation ranking to acquire a player, it drops to the bottom of the list. A ranking can be traded, provided that part of the compensation received in return is the other club’s ranking. At all times, each club is assigned one ranking. The rankings reset at the end of each MLS League season.
    Allocation Ranking Order

1. Toronto FC
    2. Orlando City SC
    3. Colorado Rapids
    4. Chicago Fire
    5. San Jose Earthquakes
    6. Minnesota United FC
    7. Houston Dynamo
    8. New England Revolution
    9. Montreal Impact
    10. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    11. LA Galaxy
    12. Philadelphia Union
    13. D.C. United
    14. FC Dallas
    15. LAFC
    16. Real Salt Lake
    17. Columbus Crew SC
    18. New York City FC
    19. Seattle Sounders
    20. Sporting Kansas City
    21. New York Red Bulls
    22. Portland Timbers
    23. Atlanta United
    24. FC Cincinnati

2019 Allocation Ranking List

Last update: December 21, 2018
    The Allocation Ranking List is comprised of players in the following categories:

• Select U.S. Men’s National Team players.
    • Select elite U.S. Youth National Team players.
    • Players transferred outside of MLS garnering a transfer fee of at least $500,000 (USD).

The players who will be included on the Allocation Ranking List will be determined by Major League Soccer’s player personnel department and club technical staffs and will be updated once each year, during the time window between the end of the MLS regular season and MLS Cup. The Allocation Ranking List will only be updated during the season if an elite U.S. youth national team player turns 18 or graduates from the U.S. Soccer Residency Program in Bradenton, FL and is deemed eligible for the list. In addition, the Allocation Ranking List will be updated when a player is transferred out of MLS for more than $500,000.
    Player Current club Classification
    Adams, Tyler RB Leipzig (GER) Transfer
    Anangono, Juan LDU Quito (ECU) Transfer
    Cameron, Geoff Queens Park Rangers (ENG) Transfer
    Carmona, Carlos Colo-Colo (CHI) Transfer
    Castillo, Fabian Club Tijuana (MEX) Transfer
    Davies, Alphonso Bayern Munich (GER) Transfer
    Diaz, Mauro Shabab Al-Ahli (UAE) Transfer
    Flores, Junior Out of contract Youth USMNT
    Gaber, Omar Pyramids FC (EGY) Transfer
    Gonzalez, Giancarlo Bologna (ITA) Transfer
    Gonzalez, Omar Atlas (MEX) Transfer
    Green, Julian Greuther Furth (GER) Youth USMNT
    Harrison, Jack Leeds United (ENG) Transfer
    Johannsson, Aron Werder Bremen (GER) Senior USMNT
    Johnson, Fabian Borussia Monchengladbach (GER) Senior USMNT
    Larin, Cyle Besiktas (TUR) Transfer
    Martins, Obafemi Shanghai Greenland Shenhua (CHN) Transfer
    Miazga, Matt FC Nantes (FRA) Transfer
    Najar, Andy Anderlecht (BEL) Transfer
    Nedyalkov, Anton Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) Transfer
    Poku, Kwadwo Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL) Transfer
    Pulisic, Christian Borussia Dortmund (GER) Senior USMNT
    Ream, Tim Fulham (ENG) Transfer
    Rivero, Octavio Atlas (MEX) Transfer
    Rochat, Alain Lausanne-Sport (SWI) Transfer
    Rubin, Rubio Club Tijuana (MEX) Youth USMNT
    Sanvezzo, Camilo Queretaro (MEX) Transfer
    Tabla, Ballou Jean-Yves FC Barcelona (ESP) Transfer
    Torres, Erick Club Tijuana (MEX) Transfer
    Valencia, Jose Adolfo Feirense (POR) Transfer
    Yedlin, DeAndre Newcastle United (ENG) Transfer
    2019 Allocation Ranking Order Transactions

• December 10: San Jose Earthquakes traded the No. 2 spot in the Allocation Ranking Order to Toronto FC in exchange for the No. 6 spot in the Allocation Ranking Order, $75,000 in General Allocation Money and $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money.
    • December 27: FC Cincinnati traded the No. 1 spot in the Allocation Ranking Order to Toronto FC for the No. 2 spot in the Allocation Ranking Order and the 2019 Natural Second Round SuperDraft pick.
    • December 27: Toronto FC used No. 1 spot in Allocation Ranking Order to sign center back Laurent Ciman.
    • January 23: FC Cincinnati traded No. 1 spot in Allocation Ranking Order, $150,000 in 2019 General Allocation Money, $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, $100,000 in Targeted Allocation Money to Toronto FC for Nick Hagglund and the No. 24 spot in the Allocation Ranking Order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id argue it was VV that made everyone around him better.
    Yes giovinco guided us along, and we need his competitiveness, but $10M/yr? Helllllsss no

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Good post. But I disagree with some of your inferences.

1.Seba, when he arrived, was astonished by the relative mediocrity on the pitch. His ranting, raving, was a result of his desire to teach lesser players, cause frankly, few had any idea what things like one touch football, etc.,, was. Coupled with this was his desire to win. He did this by scoring. However, if you followed him in Serie A, he was primarily an attacking midfielder. By 2017, and last season, Seba became the complete player. He got better, not worse. Does anybody believe that first Morrow, than Osorio, would suddenly start scoring, if Seba wasnt yelling at them in 2015 and 2016?

2. Look around the world for outstanding football stars, and you will find their uber quality is matched by their intense competitive nature, arrogance, confidence.....I suppose his “whiny” attitude, may be something he picked up from Ronaldo, Rooney, Zlatan, That prick from Brazil....etc.

3. Last season, he played hurt. He was on the pitch with Altidore and Vazquez, how many times? Despite this, his points per game were still very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    fair enough.....but you have to think that Giovinco at the very least would agree with what was put up there....no need to get that strong in words once you've already forced your way out....
    Of course he did. Besides his awesome on field play and all he did for us, he did have a petulant attitude for all those years. This totally fits his character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not too excited about anybody on the allo list tbh,maybe they will hang on until the summer window or maybe trade it down the road.
    I'd take a 26 year old old Cubo Torres in a heartbeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Please no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    Somebody coming into a TFC supporter's website and saying, basically, "You're best player left, and you are pissed off? - Come watch this instead" is going to get reactions.

All for the CPL - waiting to see what the atmosphere is like before considering doing the tourist thing. But, this is a TFC transfer thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why this guy went bust but he sure did. Maybe as a low risk TAM but no more than that. Not anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An article in Nov 2017 had the average salary for a player in Europe is about 2 million USD and for the EPL was around 3.5 million. Its surprising how much money there is in the soccer world yet it doesnt flow down to the players. Even if TFC reduce the DP spot to 5 million they should be able to attract another quality player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really saddens me. I could not disagree more. He gave his all for the club. A legend. Always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree...great player,but i had enough of his brat like behaviour the last year and a half on and off the field.stay classy seba like VV did with his message to the fans,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He hasnt played for them in 3 years