Page 95 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 roster spots now open after vdW is moved out. One will be Boyd, another will be a third GK. So three to play with, maybe a fourth if they desinated one of the kids for a season long loan to TFCII.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Sportsnet interview with Ali Curtis on Seba departure:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...act-extension/
    Dear Ali,

its Joe-VEEN-co, not Jeeoh-VEEN-co.

Signed,

itdoesn'tmatteranymore
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCII's Rocco Romero on loan to Denmark for 6 months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the next shoe to drop will be a resolution to the vdW situation. It would have to happen soon, next couple hours if a return to Europe of any kind is in the cards? Wonder if there is a scenario that sees him return after a heart to heart, who knows?

Figure the likely targets for him will be China, the Middle East, chase some cash I guess.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So the next shoe to drop will be a resolution to the vdW situation. It would have to happen soon, next couple hours if a return to Europe of any kind is in the cards? Wonder if there is a scenario that sees him return after a heart to heart, who knows?

Figure the likely targets for him will be China, the Middle East, chase some cash I guess.
    According to Instagram vdW’s wife is selling her clothes at some shop in Yorkdale. Tough times I guess 😂. Selling clothes she got for free. Yeah I’m sure they don’t want to bother packing them. Seems like a good opportunity to raise funds for a charity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Spoke to Toronto FC GM, Ali Curtis. Interview to follow online. He has confirmed to me that contract offers have been extended to Michael Bradley & Jozy Altidore and that he was very disappointed in Giovinco’s instagram post. It was a strong response. Video to follow. #TFCLive
    This was deleted shortly after being posted. Makes me think a move is imminent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Interesting. Molinaro had a tweet up echoing the point about offers being made to Bradley & Jozy. That's gone too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian Jack tweeted that tfc have extended Bradley and Altidores contracts, but has since deleted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to charge my phone twice today from refreshing so much. But here I am jumping from forum to Twitter forum to Twitter I'm losing my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rep:

Thanks for letting me know, it’s a sad day for us as well!

I caution you to cancel your season seats before seeing what the club has in store next. TFC has millions of dollars to work with now and are committed to signing a new DP that will contribute greatly to TFC's winning culture. We had two back to back MLS Cup showings, and management has not spared any expense ensuring that TFC continues to win. TFC management is not going to start penny pinching now. The commitment to win is only elevated by this decision. They want to invest in a player that is trending upwards and can continue the forward momentum that Seba brought to the club originally. Sports are emotional, and players come and go, but it is about the logo on the front, not on the back that matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Sportsnet interview with Ali Curtis on Seba departure:

All right. that had the ring of truth. I still think they made a huge mistake not to address this last year. But Curtis was clearly being honest when he said "we did not anticipate this" Its fair also to say they should have anticipated the possibility - who they bring in now will show how prepared they were in that regard. And I wish he had been asked about budget numbers since TSN reported that the budget was being cut (significantly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill say this to extend Bradley and altidore when saba had a decent season last year. Free kick scoring will go way down, that free kick v tigres showed CONCACAF tfc belongs, not taking the option and having it play out like this is terrible, seemed like a panic move oh shit no option in seba lost him , lets resign Bradley/altidore to show fans we care.

Very underrated part is the chemistry between Osorio and seba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    My rep:

Thanks for letting me know, it’s a sad day for us as well!

I caution you to cancel your season seats before seeing what the club has in store next. TFC has millions of dollars to work with now and are committed to signing a new DP that will contribute greatly to TFC's winning culture. We had two back to back MLS Cup showings, and management has not spared any expense ensuring that TFC continues to win. TFC management is not going to start penny pinching now. The commitment to win is only elevated by this decision. They want to invest in a player that is trending upwards and can continue the forward momentum that Seba brought to the club originally. Sports are emotional, and players come and go, but it is about the logo on the front, not on the back that matters.
    Did your rep say that? I hope not. Why do they sell shirts with names on the back if they do not matter to people? I am one who cheers for players. Not laundry. yes they change but there is more of a connection than that. And the logo on the front is BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    KJ works for TSN, not Sportsnet. So this isnt what he was referring to. Also, that video makes no reference to either Bradley or Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the other two DPs, Ryan Wolstat now tweeting that "Contract offers were made to Giovinco and Altidore. Giovinco obviously unhappy with his. Not to Bradley yet. Bradley has said to media he is fine with waiting, is under contract. TFC intends to always be one of biggest spenders in MLS".

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...90730746028036

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Did your rep say that? I hope not. Why do they sell shirts with names on the back if they do not matter to people? I am one who cheers for players. Not laundry. yes they change but there is more of a connection than that. And the logo on the front is BMO
    she did

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC in full court PR "we are going to be doing something serious" mode today. The name has been dropped to a few journos, it seems. The leak will come soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmm View Post
    Re: the other two DPs, Ryan Wolstat now tweeting that "Contract offers were made to Giovinco and Altidore. Giovinco obviously unhappy with his. Not to Bradley yet. Bradley has said to media he is fine with waiting, is under contract. TFC intends to always be one of biggest spenders in MLS".

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...90730746028036
    I think one of the problems with Seba vs TFC here was the very vocal/public negotiating stance the Seba camp (possibly driven by the agent) took. This is just done in North America. Note what happened with DeRo when he asked for the check to be signed. Seba found way more money in the Middle East, not a problem. Good Luck to him. Hopefully, TFC can find a decent replacement and surround him with 1-2-3 other good players: Sporting Lisbon lost Ronaldo to MU, MU lost Ronaldo to Real Madrid, Real Madrid lost Ronaldo to Juve.... Players move on, so does the game - EVERYWHERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am Stejskal@samstejskal 47m47 minutes agoMore

In case there was any doubt... Toronto plan to go big to replace Giovinco and Vazquez. Told club is aiming to sign a younger attacker as a DP in next couple weeks. If signed, the fee will likely be among the highest in MLS history. Targeting 1-2 TAM signings this window, as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, after I emailed my rep on the 25th around 11 AM , asked her to pass along message to TFC management . seems like TFC has been responsive, and active, such as the interview with manning on Monday am. Since this time frame.

Not saying I pushed any thing, just that we fans had to really be opinionated before any response. And literally 13 days before we still don't know anything, except for the fact tfc will play 1 striker meaning either one of delagado/chapman or both will be in the mid for champions league

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't simply take sides in what is a matter of contract negotiations. I also haven't been able to watch the full Curtis interview yet.

However "we didn't anticipate" wow that's effin' hilarious.

BTW I'm not sure if suddenly offering contract extensions to Bradley & Altidore is a great idea either. Depends on the number, I guess. Seems a bit reactive and panicky. Do people think Bradley, turning 32 in July, should still be a DP next year, especially at his position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<Whoops>
    Last edited by bmm; 01-31-2019 at 05:52 PM. Reason: FAKE NEWS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ reporting team in talks for Jermain Defoe at $10M USD...

https://twitter.com/KristanJack_/sta...99397428047884
    Fake account nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha best post of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are reaching peak TFC silly season, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    am Stejskal@samstejskal 47m47 minutes agoMore

In case there was any doubt... Toronto plan to go big to replace Giovinco and Vazquez. Told club is aiming to sign a younger attacker as a DP in next couple weeks. If signed, the fee will likely be among the highest in MLS history. Targeting 1-2 TAM signings this window, as well.
    “Among the highest paid in MLS history”. Well given the way MLS works, that could mean essentially anything. A million dollars a year makes you among the highest paid in history. Doesn’t exactly count as imprssessive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    “Among the highest paid in MLS history”. Well given the way MLS works, that could mean essentially anything. A million dollars a year makes you among the highest paid in history. Doesn’t exactly count as imprssessive.
    i hope he is thinking transfer fee,when he says that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake account nonsense.
    Whoops! Too many nerves this week