Page 129 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Jozy's not making end of career moves yet. That'll be closer to 32-34 years old (injuries willing).
    He’s injury prone and has been playing since he was a kid... he’s not a Xavi to Qatar type signing either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Pozuelo would seem like a rushed signing, hope this isnt the solution from Giovinco
    Not at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Not at all.
    How do you see this, Altidore is prone to injuries and we are down a FWD, when Giovinco left, yes we traded Vazquez during the offseason, however i feel Osorio and DeLeon as proper fits, but we are weakest up front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The crazy scenes in the Genk stands after the magnificent victory against Standard struck sharply against the worried looks in the grandstand. There was cheered with a lot of reserve. In the middle of the title fight, KRC Genk is in danger of losing its captain. Alejandro Pozuelo wants to leave immediately for the Canadian Toronto FC and threatens a legal battle if KRC Genk does not want to let him go. He said goodbye to Genk fans in tears. For good?

You will undoubtedly remember the romance between Alejandro Pozuelo and Al-Ahli a few weeks ago.The Saudi club swore with a multi-million contract and was prepared to make a transfer fee of eight million ...

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hbvl.b e%2Fcnt%2Fdmf20190208_04163760%2Fpozuelo-wil-naar-canada
    Apparently this legal stuff is related to a release clause in his contract. His clause his for 8M euros. If someone pays it Genk can't stand in his way and have to let him go. However Genk are saying that it expired when the Belgian transfer window closed. Pozuelo and his agent are saying that it's still valid.

So I guess that's what KJ and SS are referring to when they say the deal is complicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    How do you see this, Altidore is prone to injuries and we are down a FWD, when Giovinco left, yes we traded Vazquez during the offseason, however i feel Osorio and DeLeon as proper fits, but we are weakest up front
    They still have signings to make, and it looks like Vanney wants to play with wingers. We’d only need one striker.

So... do you want a DP AM or another DP striker with no AM? By all accounts, VV was supposed to be a DP but wanted out of Mexico and we gave him that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Apparently this legal stuff is related to a release clause in his contract. His clause his for 8M euros. If someone pays it Genk can't stand in his way and have to let him go. However Genk are saying that it expired when the Belgian transfer window closed. Pozuelo and his agent are saying that it's still valid.

So I guess that's what KJ and SS are referring to when they say the deal is complicated.
    Genk supporters were saying he signed a new contract post-China bids and the figure is higher than the initial 8m figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They still have signings to make, and it looks like Vanney wants to play with wingers. We’d only need one striker.

So... do you want a DP AM or another DP striker with no AM? By all accounts, VV was supposed to be a DP but wanted out of Mexico and we gave him that.
    Then tough to say but Bradley needs to be resigned at a TAM contract signing and am highly unlikely that will happen, the best team consist would be able to use all 3 DPs across the field, 1 Def, 1 Mid, 1 FWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk supporters were saying he signed a new contract post-China bids and the figure is higher than the initial 8m figure.
    Links?

It's interesting that when I search for 8M and Pozuelo I get hits from the start of Jan about Anderlecht being willing to pay it and articles from last summer about Betis and Villarreal being interested in him.

Real Betis and Villarreal are both considering a move for Genk midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo this summer, say reports in the Spanish press.
    The 26-year-old joined the Belgian side from Rayo Vallecano on a free transfer in 2015 and has excelled across the past two seasons, scoring 14 goals and providing 33 assists.
    Estadio Deportivo now report Betis – where the Seville-native began his career – are considering a move due to the possibility of Fabian Ruiz departing and Victor Camarasa’s patchy form last campaign.
    “It is a lovely thought that I may return to Betis one day,” Pozuelo told El Mundo Deportivo in March.
    “Right now the club has a clear direction and a philosophy very different from the years before…I am a Betico and you never know.”
    Pozuelo has an €8m release clause at Genk, where he has a contract until 2021
    https://www.football-espana.net/7218...l-want-pozuelo

Dortmund and Bayern were sniffing around him before he extended with Genk too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those transfer fees plus salary, depending on the length of the contract, won’t save us anything. Tells me TFC didn’t think Giovinco would go.
    Last edited by Canary10; 02-08-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Those transfer fees plus salary, depending on the length of the contract, won’t save us anything. Tells me TFC didn’t think Giovinco would go.
    Tells me TFC wanted a younger player, that's all. They didnt want to over pay for a 32 year old player...jeez, this seems pretty clear and strait forward to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was 28m total outlay. 10m transfer + 3-4m over 3 years is still a savings of 6-9m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I could also make arguments for Mexico, Russia, Second division England.
    Equal to the Championship and probably Mexico but definitely inferior to Russia.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was 28m total outlay. 10m transfer + 3-4m over 3 years is still a savings of 6-9m.
    I heard Seba is getting 6 million euro per season, a 3 year deal and a 1 million euro signing bonus at Al-Hilal..... he really stuck it to ungrateful ML$E by the way he left
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s on a €3 million contract apparently. That’s $3.5 American. Plus about $3 million or so transfer fee annualized. Not much savings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s on a €3 million contract apparently. That’s $3.5 American. Plus about $3 million or so transfer fee annualized. Not much savings.
    Sorry, I forgot 6m is chump change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I forgot 6m is chump change
    What are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If those are the right numbers (I don’t know for sure), Seba was on $7 million versus 6.5, then it’s very little savings. That’s all I’m saying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Huh? David plays for Gent. Pozuelo plays for Genk.
    gaaaaaah

one letter difference!

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Apparently Genks average salaries are in the range of €235,000. Doesn’t tell us much. TFC’s average is something like $800,000
    I follow Jupiler Pro League in Belgium because I stream the games when Jonathan David plays. People know Antonio Davis but this 19 year old forward from Ottawa is going to be sold in the next year or two for more than Whitecaps got for AD.

Belgian league is very strong. Maybe a touch below Dutch league but top 6 or so teams are quality. Genk is on top of the table and they're easily a top 2 or 3 team in MLS. In their game day roster, players 8 -18 is miles better than comparable players on TFC, not to mention most of MLS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Pozuelo plays with Jonathan David, so David would have told Pozuelo all about Canada (if the rumour is true)
    Actually, David plays for Gent. Genk is Pozuelo's team which is at the top of the table.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all.
    Completely agree. For TFC, Pozuelo would be a better version of VV.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Apparently Genks average salaries are in the range of €235,000. Doesn’t tell us much. TFC’s average is something like $800,000
    I follow Jupiler Pro League in Belgium because I stream the games when Jonathan David plays. People know Antonio Davis but this 19 year old forward from Ottawa is going to be sold in the next year or two for more than Whitecaps got for AD.

Belgian league is very strong. Maybe a touch below Dutch league but top 6 or so teams are quality. Genk is on top of the table and they're easily a top 2 or 3 team in MLS. In their game day roster, players 8 -18 is miles better than comparable players on TFC, not to mention most of MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Pozuelo looks like a fine player and would be an excellent replacement for VV. But as our new star DP?

I expected more from MLSE after trading for Marc Gasol and resigning the hockey playing guy for big money this week.

If this is our "top player at a top club," I am underwhelmed.

Have you ever heard anyone ever argue Belgium is a top league?
    Seba wasn’t a top player from a top league either. This could be an excellent DP signing for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    I heard Seba is getting 6 million euro per season, a 3 year deal and a 1 million euro signing bonus at Al-Hilal..... he really stuck it to ungrateful ML$E by the way he left
    Where did you hear that? I heard he was making 10 million Euro per season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Seba wasn’t a top player from a top league either. This could be an excellent DP signing for us.
    Of course he was a top player! Losing your place as a regular starter at a club like Juve is hardly the same as not being top player.

There is a lot of revisionist history going on suddenly about who Seba was when he got here. I don’t know why.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would wait on this Belgian story a bit. For a bunch of reasons.

Primarily because of his reported salary. It’s not obvious why a Spanish player in Belgium on a 3M euro salary would want to move to MLS, unless it was for more money. Belgium is a good league, better than MLS.

Other problems: The player plays for a top team with realistic Champions League possibilities (that's the shop window for players like this) ... it's close to home for this player.

This move is not intuitive, in fact it's highly counter-intuitive.

Also I need to be convinced about TFC's willingness to pay $10M transfer fees and $4-5M salaries for players with zero name recognition.

I have no opinion about the player, he might be great. But for this to be credible, we need to understand what the catalyst for a move like this would be.

Agents and teams have agendas for putting stories like this out there.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think I would wait on this Belgian story a bit. For a bunch of reasons.

Primarily because of his reported salary. It’s not obvious why a Spanish player in Belgium on a 3M euro salary would want to move to MLS, unless it was for more money.

Other problems: Belgium is a good league, better than MLS .... The player plays for a top team with realistic Champions League possibilities ... it's close to home for this player.

This move is not intuitive, in fact it's highly counter-intuitive.

Also I need to be convinced about TFC's willingness to pay $10M transfer fees and $4-5M salaries for players with no name recognition.

I have no opinion about the player, he might be great. But for this to be credible, we need to understand what the catalyst for a move like this would be.

Agents and teams have agendas...
    I was thinking the same. The mone is too much. If they “overpay” him like a Giovinco they’ll actually be spending more on this player. Doesn’t make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reflexively suspicious of the way KJ and Stejskal jumped on this story. The reporters in MLS are awful on breaking news, they have no independent sources, they are captive and just get used. The Seba story, guys like KJ were still “reporting” that Seba was staying 12 hours before he left, when we all knew from elsewhere that was bollocks.

If this were real, TFC and the league would have played coy (they wouldn’t want to hurt their negotiating position with the agent/selling team). But they confirmed it... which makes me think it's a PR thing.

TFC have tickets to sell and I believe Manning needs to move off his “top player top league” promise that he cannot afford to keep. This is a way to do that. When you do roll the more inexpensive player, you say: We tried, like we said, it fell through, but oh look, here is this even better version, that we are even more excited about... (and you mumble about how great it is that he's such good value, more resources elsewhere for the team..)
    Last edited by ensco; 02-09-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reflexively suspicious of the way KJ and Stejskal jumped on this story. The reporters in MLS are awful on breaking news, they have no independent sources, they are captive and just get used. The Seba story, guys like KJ were still “reporting” that Seba was staying 12 hours before he left, when we all knew from elsewhere that was bollocks.

If this were real, TFC and the league would have played coy (they wouldn’t want to hurt their negotiating position with the agent/selling team). But they confirmed it... which makes me think it's a PR thing.

TFC have tickets to sell and I believe Manning needs to move off his “top player top league” promise that he cannot afford to keep. This is a way to do that. When you do roll the more inexpensive player, you say: We tried, like we said, it fell through, but oh look, here is this even better version, that we are even more excited about... (and you mumble about how great it is that he's such good value, more resources elsewhere for the team..)
    This times a million

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have tickets to sell and I believe Manning needs to move off his “top player top league” promise that he cannot afford to keep. This is a way to do that. When you do roll the more inexpensive player, you say: We tried, like we said, it fell through, but oh look, here is this cheaper but even better version, that we are even more excited about...!
    I generally agree to be wary. Many "leaks" are actually part of planned information campaigns (for various parties). And I'm a bit worried about the way some people seem to believe and defend every story from management, even when that story changes.

However did Manning ever say "top player top league"?