Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am more than OK with it.

If you were in the middle of a critical project at work, and you worked in a profession with significant injury risk, and someone offered you an extra 6 million euros to leave, and there is no assurance that that deal will be there in a few months, but taking it meant that you would be leaving everyone you worked with in the lurch in a terrible spot ... really? You would stay?

I would leave everyone in the lurch.

It's just a job.

Sports is a cruel business all around.
    The “honouring a contract” thing is a bit of red herring. One side is telling the truth here; either there’s a release clause or there isn’t. Seems pretty clear to me.

If the player/agent are right, I don’t see an issue with wanting a big payday. It’s going to be impossible to lure players from good sides in Europe if their only desires are sporting considerations and non-financial ambition.

Sucks for Genk in that case, but business is business.

No one faulted VV for playing like shit in Mexico because he hated it there. No one is going to fault this guy when he starts banging them in here.

I’m not saying this guy is like Ballo, but look how shit Ballotelli was after Favre left and they blocked his transfers. If Genk want him to stay even after they’ve poisoned the well, they must have a lot of confidence in his professionalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    This is sports, and mostly about 2-5 year contracts. This comes up with almost every player of quality that is desired by any other club, so yeah, you take him when he's available, and deal with the renegotiation when the contract is up.
    At that point, if they leave like Seba, well then you replace them like we are currently doing.
    Thanks for a lesson about sports.

This guy is not the only game in town - some posters are acting like he is. Manning, let's move on to the next target.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what it is like to deal with players at this level. This will happen again. Stay the course until it can't be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG... a athlete leaving for more money,what a shock.i just want to be entertained.if the season is only half has interesting has this thread it will be crazy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk had ample opportunity to make sure they got a replacement especially knowing what his release clause was, im sure they didnt expect to be where they are right now but you need to plan for it if its possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Thanks for a lesson about sports.

This guy is not the only game in town - some posters are acting like he is. Manning, let's move on to the next target.
    Not the only game, but he must be their first choice.

One of the things I've been hearing since Seba left is that our tactical approach will now change.
    Bradley seems excited about it.
    I had heard this is more in line with how Vanney wants to play (1 striker as oppose to 2).
    and it seems pressure is on Jozy to stay healthy in order for this to work.

This guy must be integral that that vision - which I could see playing out like this:

Winger ------ Jozy------Winger
    ----------Oso------Poz---------
    ------------Bradley------------
    Morrow--Moor--Mavinga--Auro
    ------------Bono---------------

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    This is sports, and mostly about 2-5 year contracts. This comes up with almost every player of quality that is desired by any other club, so yeah, you take him when he's available, and deal with the renegotiation when the contract is up.
    At that point, if they leave like Seba, well then you replace them like we are currently doing.
    Even DeRo left his hometown club for $$$ and later returned for $$$. It's not a character flaw, it's life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Even DeRo left his hometown club for $$$ and later returned for $$$. It's not a character flaw, it's life.
    Were we about to win a championship when he left? That's what I don't like about this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes I forgot about Saint DeRo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were we about to win a championship when he left? That's what I don't like about this guy.
    We also don't know what is going on behind the scenes either with the club or even with his family & city. There could be circumstances besides or along with money as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the captain of their club so he has character and you can't blame someone for wanting to try something new in MLS and make more money.

The club knew about his clause which they are now just arguing semantics if it applies outside of their window.

He isn't hanging the club out to dry and is actually being fair if what he says is true.

Maybe a Genk supporter could chime in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really want to bring up DeRo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably this on opening day:

Menendez ------ Jozy------DeLeon

*Second TAM forward probably in summer window when they can move VDW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were (are) about to embark on our CCL run, the year after we made penalties in the finals, with a team that was supposed to be the rested and healthy version of that team, when Seba and VV left. So...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good thing he won't be captain here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    We were (are) about to embark on our CCL run, the year after we made penalties in the finals, with a team that was supposed to be the rested and healthy version of that team, when Seba and VV left. So...
    I see that as qualitatively different personally. I can't imagine a player taking himself out of a team that is on the verge of winning a title, with Champions League qualification on the line, with five games left in the season.

Sorry I'm not towing this discussion board's line on this and offering a different take.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any of our current players got an offer for twice the amount they currently make, how many of them would stick around? Maybe....Ciman because of his family situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironic how people shit all over Bradley at times yet fail to realize he plays one of the most important positions on the field. Nobody works harder playing in the central midfield. The general he is for a reason. His work ethic side to side, up and down is relentless. I say sign him up for an extension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a romantic. I fall in love with with players. They are ours. I don't buy into "they are all mercenaries" . The moments they create are because when they are here they are fully committed and they are ours. Like the General. Sure there is a mercenary aspect to modern soccer. But I dont have to like it, or buy in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If any of our current players got an offer for twice the amount they currently make, how many of them would stick around? Maybe....Ciman because of his family situation.
    I don't blame him for doing anything, I just don't want him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He is the captain of their club so he has character and you can't blame someone for wanting to try something new in MLS and make more money.

The club knew about his clause which they are now just arguing semantics if it applies outside of their window.

He isn't hanging the club out to dry and is actually being fair if what he says is true.

Maybe a Genk supporter could chime in?
    There was one on Reddit. He seemed pretty displeased, but offered no information we don’t already know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly why our allegiance should always be to the badge first and foremost. Whether we like it or not, the players are mercenaries, especially at the DP level.

It's unavoidable to develop emotional attachments to the players that have been integral to our success, but most people aren't holding any grudges against Seba or Vasquez for doing what was in their best interest on the eve of the CCL and a new MLS regular season.

I think if Pozuelo is signed, he should be afforded the same level of understanding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Ironic how people shit all over Bradley at times yet fail to realize he plays one of the most important positions on the field. Nobody works harder playing in the central midfield. The general he is for a reason. His work ethic side to side, up and down is relentless. I say sign him up for an extension.

Honestly I agree - Bradley's also the most likely to take a small cut to get him down to TAM level, freeing up another DP spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This is exactly why our allegiance should always be to the badge first and foremost. Whether we like it or not, the players are mercenaries, especially at the DP level.

It's unavoidable to develop emotional attachments to the players that have been integral to our success, but most people aren't holding any grudges against Seba or Vasquez for doing what was in their best interest on the eve of the CCL and a new MLS regular season.

I think if Pozuelo is signed, he should be afforded the same level of understanding.
    No. It would be like VV and Seba leaving for a Middle East club right after we won the CCL quarters and were fighting for Supporters Shield with 2 months left. I dont think anyone would offer any level of understanding for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco has made his debut as a substitute for AL Hilal coming on in 62nd minute. Currently in 78th minute. (not watching but I guess because I've been looking up that team google just decided to show me a live score on my phone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco just scored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Giovinco just scored.
    ahh man you beat me to it, i was jsut gonna type this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Giovinco just scored.
    Yep. Looks like he’s taken 9 as well, and not 20 A’s was previously reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Yep. Looks like he’s taken 9 as well, and not 20 A’s was previously reported.
    Yeah, that was me. It was on Wikipedia that he was 20. My fault for trusting Wikipedia lol.