Page 161 of 191 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all thanks for having me all! Read here for a while ofcourse to get some information here but I assume tomorrow will be D-day for us all. After all I saw some unanswered questions towards Genk fans in the last 10 pages for example this one:

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    1) Any idea how Pozo got such a reasonable buyout clause? Seems like almost all players in Europe have absurdly high numbers in these clauses

2) Why do you think he didn’t he move in January? A player like this with that clause should have attracted interest (we didn’t move because the Giovinco drama played out only in the last few days of your window)
    1) For a >25 year old player who didn't succeed (not to say "failed") at Real Betis, Swansea City nor Rayo Vallecano + was bought for a couple of 100K, a 8 million buyout clause was indeed pretty reasonable and everything more would be ridiculous in that case. Not a single person would expect him to be that good suddenly.

2) The offer from Al Ahly was very tempting for him because of the enormous wages they offered him and he is already 28 years old. He is a family guy though and decided to stay probably because of his children and chose not to go to the desert.
    Now Toronto shows up with also a very decent offer in a country you can build something with your family and in a much more attractive competition. This changes everything.

This Pozuelo thing has become a very complex and worrying story in Belgium as you all might notice. With only 3 championship titles in our pocket in our history, the whole club (board, players, fans) have only one goal this season which is ofcourse claiming back that trophy. Not only is this the dream for everyone this season, but it will also be very important for the clubs future with qualifying automatically for the Champions League. Not only is this financially very rewarding (easily 20 mil. EUR if not more) but you can also attract better players to replace our current top players. Briefly said we are on the boarderline of winning back a title and becoming back a top club in Belgium.

Pozuelo is in this season our key-man since our captain is involved in almost each (start of) attack. Currently we have absolutely no replacement for the number 10 position and no possibility to find a decent replacement for this season anymore. We are currently 8 points ahead but I read that everyone here knows our competition playoffs -system well which makes it only 4 points left soon with 10 matches to go. We just lost against our biggest competitor and the moral boost for them can not increase more in case of a departure from Pozuelo. This is definitely the reason why our board is also playing it hard. Not only because they know perfectly well that the departure of Pozuelo can lose us the title but also because if you accept this as a club you will have numerous of players that will start with these tricks.

Currently the fans are disgusted by Alejandro's will to leave just after our transferperiod with some legal tricks. Especially when you take into account my answer on question 1: Pozuelo was bought by Genk as an absolute nobody failing at numerous clubs, had the full trust of the board and technical staff in the last seasons and decides now to leave at the most crucial point in the clubs history after giving us absolutely nothing. Leaving in december/january would have still left a lot of fans in anger but the club would still be able to react. But this is personally for me putting a knife in the back of your colleagues, fans and the club that has put you back on the International map.

I hope tomorrow the boarder of both clubs can find a decent solution for the 3 sides but I'm afraid that the players wish will always win no matter what has been put on paper in january and that this situation has escalated already to much.

Cheers ForzaGenk
    Last edited by ForzaGenk; 02-19-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i agree. Why do they have it?
    Could it be that the players on the list who play in Europe won’t be free agents until July 1?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this piss poor game and this team is absolute shit. What kind of Baggio kick was that by Boyd???

Vanney will be exposed for the crap coach that he is. This team is not prepared to compete and need at least another month of pre-season training and it is obvious. He has never been a good coach and this has been my opinion since day one. I'm entitled to my opinion so let it be.

Management and their signings? Are they actually wanting to do a mass media event with all their signings at once and they are holding back because of Poz??? If this is the case and the media attention instead of fielding a better team because of wanting to do a grand announcement is true, everyone should be kicked before being fired.

God help us all this season, because so far this team looks gassed, tired, disorganized and shit.

rant over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaGenk View Post
    First of all thanks for having me all! Read here for a while ofcourse to get some information here but I assume tomorrow will be D-day for us all. After all I saw some unanswered questions towards Genk fans in the last 10 pages for example this one:

1) For a >25 year old player who didn't succeed (not to say "failed") at Real Betis, Swansea City nor Rayo Vallecano + was bought for a couple of 100K, a 8 million buyout clause was indeed pretty reasonable and everything more would be ridiculous in that case. Not a single person would expect him to be that good suddenly.

2) The offer from Al Ahly was very tempting for him because of the enormous wages they offered him and he is already 28 years old. He is a family guy though and decided to stay probably because of his children and chose not to go to the desert.
    Now Toronto shows up with also a very decent offer in a country you can build something with your family and in a much more attractive competition. This changes everything.

This Pozuelo thing has become a very complex and worrying story in Belgium as you all might notice. With only 3 championship titles in our pocket in our history, the whole club (board, players, fans) have only one goal this season which is ofcourse claiming back that trophy. Not only is this the dream for everyone this season, but it will also be very important for the clubs future with qualifying automatically for the Champions League. Not only is this financially very rewarding (easily 20 mil. EUR if not more) but you can also attract better players to replace our current top players. Briefly said we are on the boarderline of winning back a title and becoming back a top club in Belgium.

Pozuelo is in this season our key-man since our captain is involved in almost each (start of) attack. Currently we have absolutely no replacement for the number 10 position and no possibility to find a decent replacement for this season anymore. We are currently 8 points ahead but I read that everyone here knows our competition playoffs -system well which makes it only 4 points left soon with 10 matches to go. We just lost against our biggest competitor and the moral boost for them can not increase more in case of a departure from Pozuelo. This is definitely the reason why our board is also playing it hard. Not only because they know perfectly well that the departure of Pozuelo can lose us the title but also because if you accept this as a club you will have numerous of players that will start with these tricks.

Currently the fans are disgusted by Alejandro's will to leave just after our transferperiod with some legal tricks. Especially when you take into account my answer on question 1: Pozuelo was bought by Genk as an absolute nobody failing at numerous clubs, had the full trust of the board and technical staff in the last seasons and decides now to leave at the most crucial point in the clubs history after giving us absolutely nothing. Leaving in december/january would have still left a lot of fans in anger but the club would still be able to react. But this is personally for me putting a knife in the back of your colleagues, fans and the club that has put you back on the International map.

I hope tomorrow the boarder of both clubs can find a decent solution for the 3 sides but I'm afraid that the players wish will always win no matter what has been put on paper in january and that this situation has escalated already to much.

Cheers ForzaGenk
    After this I kind of don't what Poz anymore. I hope you all win your championship!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps Westberg becomes our starting keeper. Bono has become so indecisive.... he needs to find it fast. 3 goals tonight could have been played better. Not blaming him but you need your goalie to come up big sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... How much do we think Omar Browne is going to cost us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE needs to Western Union a bag of bucks to the team. Sign Ivey and Browne tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney played shit first time players tonight ahead of Hamilton and Endoh. Does this make any sense at all to any of you? The team has given up playing for him and it is obvious. The best move TFC can make right now is getting rid of this useless coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a red patch boys GoFundMe page. Then the moderators here can decide on our behalf on who we should sign/convince to join. And offer the money raise as a presigning bonus from the city fans. With the unofficial contact, that they can't leave for a 2 year minimum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least the FO now knows the team can't tread water until the summer window.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    We need a red patch boys GoFundMe page. Then the moderators here can decide on our behalf on who we should sign/convince to join. And offer the money raise as a presigning bonus from the city fans. With the unofficial contact, that they can't leave for a 2 year minimum.
    I wonder if something like this has ever happened somewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just got our asses handed to us by a team that has a 4000 capacity stadium that also played a 40 year old player and a fat player. This is who we just 4-0 to.

If this isn't the pure definition of urgency...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Curtis is here so I presume Vanney will be fired soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well Curtis is here so I presume Vanney will be fired soon.
    Huh? Thought he was in Europe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one was on Vanney (hardly the first time), not necessarily on the players (though some were just simply still on vacation).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs

• experienced mentor keeper for Bono to learn from (seriously, the guy has lost it mentally and needs somebody to work with him who's been around starting at this level or higher)
    • younger CB pairing who can learn together without the old guys "telling them what to do"
    • RB who can play defence
    • AM
    • LFW who can cross, score and play defence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Needs

• experienced mentor keeper for Bono to learn from (seriously, the guy has lost it mentally and needs somebody to work with him who's been around starting at this level or higher)
    • younger CB pairing who can learn together without the old guys "telling them what to do"
    • AM
    Honestly, these are the glaring problems. I think the rest can be addressed in training, but Bono needs to sit, and we need Pozo or similar.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Needs

• AM
    agree.dont know why bono gets a free pass.had a horrible season,and is given the first string job this year with no competition,didnt like the ciman signing from day one.he is older,slower and not athletic at all.i rather have moor tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Honestly, these are the glaring problems. I think the rest can be addressed in training, but Bono needs to sit, and we need Pozo or similar.
    How about Vanney? He had His fullbacks tucking into midfield all night while the danger was out wide. It was surreal. I remember in the Tauro thread from years ago fans from Panama mentioning they see their players taking local buses to the stadium. This TFC group should be forced to take the TTC to BMO.

Its beyond a doubt the worst result for an MLS team. This should be the end of Vanney he hasn't got it right since the CCL run. Almost 1 year of falling flat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    How about Vanney? He had His fullbacks tucking into midfield all night while the danger was out wide. It was surreal. I remember in the Tauro thread from years ago fans from Panama mentioning they see their players taking local buses to the stadium. This TFC group should be forced to take the TTC to BMO.

Its beyond a doubt the worst result for an MLS team. This should be the end of Vanney he hasn't got it right since the CCL run. Almost 1 year of falling flat.
    has much as i wanna disagree with you,i cant,that game plan was horrible and coaches get fired for less.i hope these guys didnt charter back.they should take a red eye with 5 stops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look at that front 3 of Morrow - Boyd - Dorsey and you really have to shake your head.

A 19 year old who had never played a professional match...starting an international tournament away? Boyd - who is a long shot rehabilitation project (may be a step down from Ricketts) ...and Morrow.

A look at the bench and you can see how weak and dire our player situation is. Where was DeLeon, Moor, Zavaletta, Hamilton, and Telfer....all injured ?

For me that was a game to focus on developing the partnership between Mavinga and Ciman... park the bus and play for a nil-nil draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    agree.dont know why bono gets a free pass.had a horrible season,and is given the first string job this year with no competition,didnt like the ciman signing from day one.he is older,slower and not athletic at all.i rather have moor tbh
    I never liked Ciman. When we played against him my only thought all game was "please don't let our guys get hurt by him" with his stupid slide tackles. My other thought when TFC playing against him is it is just a matter of time until he gets a red card for one of those tackles. Now the bloody guy is on our team and you could see tonight how many of those reckless slide tackles he did which all basically failed to produce any results and could have easily injured the other players. Mark my words. He will injure players with those this year. We will see some red cards and possible penalties from those this year. Other than that his positional sense tonight sucked. How he ever won MLS defender of the year is beyond me. I always thought so. Now we have to watch that crap on our team this year. I would take Moor too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I never liked Ciman. When we played against him my only thought all game was "please don't let our guys get hurt by him" with his stupid slide tackles. My other thought when TFC playing against him is it is just a matter of time until he gets a red card for one of those tackles. Now the bloody guy is on our team and you could see tonight how many of those reckless slide tackles he did which all basically failed to produce any results and could have easily injured the other players. Mark my words. He will injure players with those this year. We will see some red cards and possible penalties from those this year. Other than that his positional sense tonight sucked. How he ever won MLS defender of the year is beyond me. I always thought so. Now we have to watch that crap on our team this year. I would take Moor too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    You look at that front 3 of Morrow - Boyd - Dorsey and you really have to shake your head.

A 19 year old who had never played a professional match...starting an international tournament away? Boyd - who is a long shot rehabilitation project (may be a step down from Ricketts) ...and Morrow.

A look at the bench and you can see how weak and dire our player situation is. Where was DeLeon, Moor, Zavaletta, Hamilton, and Telfer....all injured ?

For me that was a game to focus on developing the partnership between Mavinga and Ciman... park the bus and play for a nil-nil draw.
    You know it's bad when you look at the bench and long for Nick DeLeon and Ryan Telfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You know it's bad when you look at the bench and long for Nick DeLeon and Ryan Telfer
    How can the team have so many injuries at this point in the season? Someone needs to get fired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Huh? Thought he was in Europe?
    I meant with TFC. This guy has no qualms with firing a manager.

Bottom line after all that plus last season; even with Giovinco & VV we wouldn't be a playoff team. We're just too slow and methodical. Sure those two could paper over some issues but I think this season would be a lot like last season. Now we might as well get to trading and tear the team down to rebuild. Get some speed and some new ideas out there. Even with the formation change the play was exactly what we did in the 3-5-2 or diamond. Slow, methodical baseless passing and consistently trying to work the ball on the ground through a congested box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono was laughable last year we shouldn't be surprised the horror continues.

Neil Etheridge is a total stud of a keeper, but too valuable now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I assume you are Danish or a Copenhagen fan and this is wishful thinking rather than inside information...

That being said this guy is a 24 year old LW who seems to have had a hot start to his career with Ajax, cooled off a bit, and has found his game again with Copenhagen. 17 goals and 22 assists in 43 games with them according to transfrmarkt.

No just a suggestion for our now flaccid attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

That's a little harsh. I wouldn't wish the TTC on my worst enemies.

Seriously though, you are correct about Vanney. He showed nothing after he arrived as an inexperienced coach and has shown little improvement after his relative superclub spared him from himself in 2017. He won't last the season if management doesn't bring in the talent to save him once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst game in TFC history last night. But lets keep the talk free of it in this thread.