Page 71 of 191 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what is martinez making and old is he...yes seba should be in that range 4 to 5 range at the most
    Yeah. But we never had the discussion so we don’t know if he’d have signed for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing Vasquez on the eve of the season was difficult enough. I hope the reports from the league are accurate.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing Giovinco is saying he's going to check out his leg but I bet it's a physical for the new team.
    They probably want to make sure he's in top physical shape before pulling the official trigger on the deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So now there is an offer. That’s the opposite of what the club has said publicly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behind a work firewall, what do they say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    10 million.
    Shoot. I meant 10 million, and 30 million contract. Whoops.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Behind a work firewall, what do they say?
    Here you go

Sources:Sebastian Giovinco is still in California & is still a Toronto FC player. However in the last few days Toronto FC did receive an offer from a Middle East club that they rejected immediately. No serious offer has followed that would send them in the direction of a transfer
    Without a contract past this season can Giovinco sign a contract for next year with another club?

Kristian Jack @KristianJack

No. Contract includes an option for 2020

Goes on to say Mutual agreement for both parties on 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the part “over the past few days”... so what has been said from the FO is correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not super relevant, but I was checking the twitter journo and seeing if John Molinaro had any other information and it looked like it he was hacked.
    https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$30 million for the Saudis is pocket change. Equates to a large beer at BMO for us. With this being said Gio is not worth $30 million in our value of money. Time to move on if the rumors are true. It was a blast but sanity has to prevail. Gio, VV and Altidore started to break down. With an influx of CCL and league play approaching games will be plenty and if last year was a sample of things to come this year likely would be the same with injuries. This is not the Raptors where resting players is an option. We pay, you play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go

Goes on to say Mutual agreement for both parties on 2020
    ...If it's by mutual agreement, then how is it an option?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess this is happening but isn’t done and TFC have to do some mild misdirection for the moment.

Also this broke in the middle of the night in California , they need to get their story together
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    $30 million for the Saudis is pocket change. Equates to a large beer at BMO for us. With this being said Gio is not worth $30 million in our value of money. Time to move on if the rumors are true. It was a blast but sanity has to prevail. Gio, VV and Altidore started to break down. With an influx of CCL and league play approaching games will be plenty and if last year was a sample of things to come this year likely would be the same with injuries. This is not the Raptors where resting players is an option. We pay, you play.

I think it's pretty clear that both Seba and Jozy have stated that they'd prefer to remain with toronto - it appears that there has been little communication but who knows for sure, never-the-less it seems they'd have been willing to sign for potentially less than what they might get going to, say China or the Middle East, to remain in T.O. and if that's true it would be a massive shame imo.

It also pisses me off as a SSH as i'm paying for a certain level of product/entertainment and i'm starting to feel somewhat deceived by management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that both Seba and Jozy have stated that they'd prefer to remain with toronto - it appears that there has been little communication but who knows for sure, never-the-less it seems they'd have been willing to sign for potentially less than what they might get going to, say China or the Middle East, to remain in T.O. and if that's true it would be a massive shame imo.

It also pisses me off as a SSH as i'm paying for a certain level of product/entertainment and i'm starting to feel somewhat deceived by management.
    I don't think management is being disingenuous. There are certain issues that arise that are beyond their control. Short of caving in to the contract demands of Seba and his agent at this moment, what else can be done other than to let the season unfold and revisit the situation at the appropriate time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't think management is being disingenuous. There are certain issues that arise that are beyond their control. Short of caving in to the contract demands of Seba and his agent at this moment, what else can be done other than to let the season unfold and revisit the situation at the appropriate time?
    Also this is how these things go in all sports. Leaks or speaking out by management can hurt current transfer bargaining and make future moves harder and more expensive. The professional thing to do is 'close the borders', due their work, and we will find out when it's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Also this is how these things go in all sports. Leaks or speaking out by management can hurt current transfer bargaining and make future moves harder and more expensive. The professional thing to do is 'close the borders', due their work, and we will find out when it's done.
    Point is we can’t believe what they say at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the dance goes on

Followed by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't really saying anything and that's how it should be. Pretty much 'no comment' or 'we have no news on a transfer' should be all they say until it's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we compare Bautista to Gio? Similar in both wanted to stay. Both wanted extensions. Both aging players. Jays made the right call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't really saying anything and that's how it should be. Pretty much 'no comment' or 'we have no news on a transfer' should be all they say until it's done.
    They said Friday there was no offer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Falls on management for not doing any forward thinking. This should have been anticipated at the end of last year. I am sure renewals or the potential of non renewals were a part of this decision to hold off on player extensions. Season ticket from day 1 so I have seen it all. This is right up there with all the previous cluster fucks.
    Different management, but return of the same old TFC?

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately it looks like a done deal and this season has been nothing but a shit show.

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/sta...m%2Ftoronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The threshold in MLS is DP or not a DP for guys like Giovinco. As soon as you pay more than TAM money the salary is irrelevant to the team budget but it isn't irrelevant to MLSE. Comparing apples to apples in MLS I don't think Giovinco will play at a level any other MLS team would get from another DP making the kind of money he does. There is better value out there. Martinez and Almiron in Atlanta weren't making Seba money. We broke the seal in MLS in bringing in "in their prime" players as DP's. I think that opened up the eyes of player agents and the gates have opened. Other team owners are getting value for their money with their DP's these days. I don't think we are (highest paid team in MLS and missed the playoffs). It might be time to move on as our DP's are getting older and won't be any less injury prone. This situation is part of the way business is done in this sport. It happens all the time. It isn't who we lose that matters it's who we replace them with. We can't entertain signing another DP until we lose one or we lose leverage (call it Laba syndrome). Let it play out and see where it goes. Just because he leaves doesn't necessarily mean he won't be replaced.

Today's exchange rate:

10M Euros = just over $15 Million Canadian ...
    Last edited by buddies; 01-28-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Al-Hilal were willing to pay a 15M euro transfer fee for Papu Gomez then Seba doesn't go till they start offering close to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    The threshold in MLS is DP or not a DP for guys like Giovinco. As soon as you pay more than TAM money the salary is irrelevant to the team budget but it isn't irrelevant to MLSE. Comparing apples to apples in MLS I don't think Giovinco will play at a level any other MLS team would get from another DP making the kind of money he does. There is better value out there. Martinez and Almiron in Atlanta weren't making Seba money. We broke the seal in MLS in bringing in "in their prime" players as DP's. I think that opened up the eyes of player agents and the gates have opened. Other team owners are getting value for their money with their DP's these days. I don't think we are (highest paid team in MLS and missed the playoffs). It might be time to move on as our DP's are getting older and won't be any less injury prone. This situation is part of the way business is done in this sport. It happens all the time. It isn't who we lose that matters it's who we replace them with. We can't entertain signing another DP until we lose one or we lose leverage (call it Laba syndrome). Let it play out and see where it goes. Just because he leaves doesn't necessarily mean he won't be replaced.

Today's exchange rate:

10M Euros = just over $15 Million Canadian ...
    I don’t think he expected that kind of money here. The upper end of the market now is Martinez. 31 goals, 6 assists, $5 million. Giovinco had 13 goals, 16 assists last year I believe. I leave it to you to decide where that puts him salary-wise but certainly in the same ballpark give or take. Everything we’ve heard is TFC was having no salary extension conversation.

I’m pissed that this is how the best player in our history is treated personally. Also I see no plan for replacing him. Maybe there is, that remains to be seen. We were told this year we would be back to contending, with a few tweaks. This isn’t tweaking now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say we didn't get value for money with Giovinco or even Jozy for the most part. Giovinco's numbers, even on a down year like last year, were solid and probably would have been better if Altidore wasn't injured almost all year. For Altidore when he does play, he produces and he is clutch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Read the part “over the past few days”... so what has been said from the FO is correct.
    Jeff Carlisle said this morning, from TFC sources: "I'm told TFC hasn't received an offer for Giovinco as of yet."

Now multiple other sources are saying, incl. info from Manning, that TFC did receive an offer in the past few days, but immediately rejected it. So no, I don't believe anybody right now.

I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think he expected that kind of money here. The upper end of the market now is Martinez. 31 goals, 6 assists, $5 million. Giovinco had 13 goals, 16 assists last year I believe. I leave it to you to decide where that puts him salary-wise but certainly in the same ballpark give or take. Everything we’ve heard is TFC was having no salary extension conversation.

I’m pissed that this is how the best player in our history is treated personally. Also I see no plan for replacing him. Maybe there is, that remains to be seen. We were told this year we would be back to contending, with a few tweaks. This isn’t tweaking now.
    how do you want the club to treat him..he has been a whining brat for 2 years...jus cave and and sign him at 8 to 10 mil a year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 32 - it is inevitable that he will slow down. I could justify a 2 year extension at similar wages to his current level - at best...and that would be based on fan sentimentality.

at $15 Million Canadian...tax free... We would be insane to compete. Seba had 4 great years here..if we are prepared to invest his $7Million a year salary in another DP we should be able to get someone in their prime. My worry is that we have’t got someone lined up...same for Victor...where is his replacement?
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 01-28-2019 at 11:38 AM.