Page 177 of 191 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joga Bonito USA@Jasoninho10 30m30 minutes agoMore

According to HLN Sport, #Genk and #TFCLive have reached an agreement for transfer of Alejandro Pozuelo. €10M transfer fee and 4 year, €4M/yr DP contract for the 27 year old Spaniard. He'll join #TFC after the regular season in Belgium ends on March 17.

Last edited by Defoe; 02-26-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the front page of HLN. Looks legit: https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bel...joen~a8791e6c/

Pozuelo arriving in 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that would be contrary to what Duane reported. Unfortunate if we can't get him immediately but he would only be missing the first two 2 MLS games if he arrived after March 17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOLOL

So the season starts saturday....we were promised signings and only Boyd has shown up officially. Too much hopium here.

Management shitshow 3.0 Can't wait to read the excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    LOLOL

So the season starts saturday....we were promised signings and only Boyd has shown up officially. Too much hopium here.

This isn't far off tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deal is done. From our side happy that this saga is finally over with an extra 2 mil. for him but nobody understands why the hell he should stay another 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure that the Genk fans will help you to be able to welcome him even sooner. He'll better run outta Belgium, no risk for injury and Genk can finally focus on playing playoffs without Pozo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaGenk View Post
    Deal is done. From our side happy that this saga is finally over with an extra 2 mil. for him but nobody understands why the hell he should stay another 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure that the Genk fans will help you to be able to welcome him even sooner. He'll better run outta Belgium, no risk for injury and Genk can finally focus on playing playoffs without Pozo.
    Where does Pozo rank on your team and in your league? Is he a top 5-10 player in the league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This isn't far off tbh
    I'm just glad we got the guy we wanted. I would have been pretty disappointed with Hanni. They were persistent and got their guy. 30 million dollar investment on one player is no joke for MLS standards.

The best teams in MLS have the best central attacking midfielder's and I don't think it's coincidence we prioritized CAM. Striker and CAM are most important for D.P's, all the best teams are set here.

Atlanta: Pity Martinez-Josef Martinez
    Seattle: Loderio-Ruidiaz
    New York: Kaku - Wright Phillips
    D.C United: Acosta-Rooney
    Toronto FC?: Pozuelo-Altidore

Colorado, Chicago, San Jose, Orlando; all these teams that don't have that clinical attacking midfielder that can break down opponents in the final third really seem to suck. Even Galaxy don't have that player. TFC with Vazquez was a 2017 champion. 2018 with injured Vazquez was pathetic. We are so bad without Vazquez. Our team might be good enough to get in. Pozuelo is a game changer.

If we get a TAM forward/ Winger by May I think we can buy enough time to get into the playoffs. It's not going to be 2017 but we're good enough for the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Where does Pozo rank on your team and in your league? Is he a top 5-10 player in the league?
    Definitely top 2 in the league. Officially being 2nd in the "golden shoe" voting after Hans Vanaken from Club Brugge who definitely deserved it thanks by the achievements of Club Brugge, although many others believe Pozo is a better footballer.

But he is a prick now so very hard to tell you the truth here above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC?: Pozuelo-Altidore

Colorado, Chicago, San Jose, Orlando; all these teams that don't have that clinical attacking midfielder that can break down opponents in the final third really seem to suck. Even Galaxy don't have that player. TFC with Vazquez was a 2017 champion. 2018 with injured Vazquez was pathetic. We are so bad without Vazquez. Our team might be good enough to get in. Pozuelo is a game changer.

https://twitter.com/mls_canada/statu...082490881?s=21

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize that they would be paying 10 million Euros to get the player after March 17th instead of now. (Or presumably could have been 8 million Euros after May 7th?) I hope that management (and supporters) have learned from this.

I guess still 1-2 TAM players to come. With these key parts just being added, TFC will need some more time to get everyone on the same page. Hopefully by May or June things will be fully clicking.

Speaking of learning from the Giovinco/Pozuelo saga, and in case we haven't had enough transfersoap: does anyone know if MLS Insider Canada is at all reliable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO if Jozy Altidore really did present the club with a transfer away from the club this is officially a clusterfuck of epic proportions

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't about top 5 but wherever VV was ranked in TFC's championship season, Poz should be higher because he's a better version of VV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I really hope Pozuelo pans out.

By my calculations we’re on a 25% success rate on Spanish-born players.
    Aketxe, Bakero, Mista, Rey, Vazquez more like 20% success rate but looking on the bright side a 100% success rate for Spanish born and having starred in Belgium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you lot are just NEVER happy.

A player who has the potential to be the most dynamic AM in this league, 2nd best player in a league that is better then ours, coming in his prime - "Its a shit show because he isn't coming until mid March" NEWS FLASH - he's missing 2 games.

Jozy presents a transfer offer to leave - "Complete clusterfuck" NEW FLASH - He as much as told the team that back in October - the timing sucks but we've already seen the team has had DP replacements in mind for over a year. Heck, we are pretty sure Jozy wasn't being offered the amount he wanted or thought he could get. He wants the $.

Do we seriously think this team is going to be satisfied with the forwards it currently has without Jozy?

Lets see how this all plays out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you will forever defend every ill-planned & ill-timed move by management. I'll say it again: should have started (and finished) negotiating seriously much earlier. More players are available with less hassle during the international transfer windows. And I don't have to like what is happening to Genk at this time during their season. There's a reason the majority of player transactions happen during the transfer windows.

Pozuleo is not just missing two games. He's also missing CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Some of you lot are just NEVER happy.

A player who has the potential to be the most dynamic AM in this league, 2nd best player in a league that is better then ours, coming in his prime - "Its a shit show because he isn't coming until mid March" NEWS FLASH - he's missing 2 games.

Jozy presents a transfer offer to leave - "Complete clusterfuck" NEW FLASH - He as much as told the team that back in October - the timing sucks but we've already seen the team has had DP replacements in mind for over a year. Heck, we are pretty sure Jozy wasn't being offered the amount he wanted or thought he could get. He wants the $.

Do we seriously think this team is going to be satisfied with the forwards it currently has without Jozy?

Lets see how this all plays out.
    Really? The team has had replacements lined up for a year? They had zero clue what the fuck they were getting into with Pozuelo's contractual situation and now the player will be arriving approximately a month later than expected. Does that scream 'prepared' or 'efficient'? My faith in management wanes, and the only reason it hasn't evaporated is because I believe in Ali Curtis as an executive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Some of you will forever defend every ill-planned & ill-timed move by management. I'll say it again: should have started (and finished) negotiating seriously much earlier. More players are available with less hassle during the international transfer windows. And I don't have to like what is happening to Genk at this time during their season. There's a reason the majority of player transactions happen during the transfer windows.

Pozuleo is not just missing two games. He's also missing CCL.
    Just pointing out the obvious here, but
    It is highly unlikely that TFC will score 4 or more goals tonight and not concede any goals, Pozuleo will only miss 1 CCL match, tonight.

Yes contracts should have been addressed a lot sooner, but we all know that.
    So let's see how it all pans out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Just pointing out the obvious here, but
    It is highly unlikely that TFC will score 4 or more goals tonight and not concede any goals, Pozuleo will only 1 CCL match, tonight.

Yes contracts should have been addressed a lot sooner, but we all know that.
    So let's see how it all pans out.
    Well obviously, and at this point nobody was expecting him to play tonight. But he also missed last week, which might have helped the team actually stay in CCL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if MLS Insider Canada is even slightly reliable? Could be a bogus rumour about Altidore.

Just checking the transfer calendar: https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwi...dows-calendar/

If Altidore rumour has any meat to it, then the window of the target nation is what matters. I can't imagine a transfer within MLS, and the league likely won't allow competing offers to players under contract even if DP. But that's one of the few windows of consequence that are open now, that I know of. Mexico closed Jan 31st. Same for all of Europe. All the Gulf state windows are also closed. China is open two more days, until Feb 28th, I doubt anything happening by then.

So, if true, more likely targeting a summer transfer? That would be better for all sides. But Altidore may want to play carefully to avoid further injury before then...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since last fall the FO, all of them, said roster decisions will be based on the next 5 years and not tomorrow. So far that's exactly how they've approached everything.

Getting it right is better than getting it now and anyone who can't see that probably yearn for the days of signing Mista and acquiring players like Hassli and Iro for immediate results.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Really? The team has had replacements lined up for a year? .....
    Poz been on the radar for a year.

Doesn't happen NOW - OH MY GOSH THEY ARE INCOMPETENT!!!

Pah.....I have serious issues with how this team has spent its money in defence the last 2 years. WAY too much acceptance that 2017 performance was the norm.
    I also agree with people who think Manning & Bez screwed the pooch by not talking to the DP's last season - they acted like North American sports teams, not a team in a world wide competition for talent.

But I ain't calling today a shit show because of a rumour of a disgruntled DP leaving & a 2 game delay when we get a all league class player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Does anyone know if MLS Insider Canada is even slightly reliable? Could be a bogus rumour about Altidore.

Just checking the transfer calendar: https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwi...dows-calendar/

If Altidore rumour has any meat to it, then the window of the target nation is what matters. I can't imagine a transfer within MLS, and the league likely won't allow competing offers to players under contract even if DP. But that's one of the few windows of consequence that are open now, that I know of. Mexico closed Jan 31st. Same for all of Europe. All the Gulf state windows are also closed. China is open two more days, until Feb 28th, I doubt anything happening by then.

So, if true, more likely targeting a summer transfer? That would be better for all sides. But Altidore may want to play carefully to avoid further injury before then...
    Even the tweet says it's trying to confirm the rumor. I'm pretty sure it's bullshit. Jozy will be gone soon imo but not until the summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/2...mpression=true

Rumour linking us to Ricardo Quaresma. Clearly can’t be a DP for us, but would be interesting on a TAM deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRANSFERSOAP TUESDAY

Good news on Pozo if true!!

I don’t know if the Altidore story is true but I speculated multiple times that he might move to Tigres as part of this. The timing would work...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/portland-...eduardo-vargas

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tr...-vargas-source

That Quaresma story cannot be true. If Manning stood up in front of a hundred people and said that “understanding character” is the reason they are taking so long to identify to get players, and then they move for Quaresma... a bunch of people here will lose their minds.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-26-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 years old, doesn't seem like a Curtis type of signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have been more upset if TFC had the chance of advancing in CCL, but that's pretty obviously not going to happen tonight. I think that if the FO believed they had a chance, they would have pushed for an immediate transfer and more money to Genk. I bet TFC is taking a long view regarding this negotiation - most European observers will see that TFC has been quite reasonable with Genk and that could bode well for future negotiations with other clubs. On the flip side, I don't think Genk has come out of this looking quite as good and other clubs will be wary of working with them in the future. As far as Jozy is concerned, I don't know why they wouldn't offer him another 2 year deal with a 1 year option since he's only 29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaGenk View Post
    Definitely top 2 in the league. Officially being 2nd in the "golden shoe" voting after Hans Vanaken from Club Brugge who definitely deserved it thanks by the achievements of Club Brugge, although many others believe Pozo is a better footballer.

But he is a prick now so very hard to tell you the truth here above
    Maybe we should have a word with our Club and see if we can do you a favour and go after Vanaken to even the playing field ... lol ... best of luck under such shitty circumstances the rest of the way. We know how you feel after losing Vazquez and Giovinco so suddenly not long before our Champions League started and as I'm sure you saw we paid dearly for it in Panama last week. I've been watching Genk in the Europa League since this all surfaced and TBH it's a league I've never followed before. I now have a favourite Belgian team after cheering them on in those two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I’ve seen Pozuelo really has an eye for that last ball in behind and Jozy has great instincts for that run in behind. I think they’ll combine well and Jozy will score a lot of goals this year, as long as he’s healthy and ON OUR TEAM.

The money is a lot though, at first blush more than extending Giovinco would have been. Which makes me question again if low balling our best ever player was worth it in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The money is a lot though, at first blush more than extending Giovinco would have been. Which makes me question again if low balling our best ever player was worth it in the end.
    We probably won't know for at least two years.