Page 10 of 191 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Zambrano probably wants to play him as a defender.
    Either i’ve missed the joke or your talking about the wrong coach. Think you might have been referencing Benito Floro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hmmm. Very unusual and a clear violation of the code by which clubs operate. MLS should demand a retraction and an apology from the Colombian federation.

Somebody senses weakness somewhere.
    I have always found the Oso deal a bit odd. he is my favourite player on the club. And he earned the deal, no question - but how does it fit into the salary cap? And how is the club going to meet its expressed desire - and clear need - for pace in the midfield with Oso, Marky, Chapman, Fraser, VV, Bradley, etc? Love all of them but if you eliminated one and added, say, Raheem, you get a better team. So in that context, why give Oso the big bucks? is VV retiring? Marky going? eh? whats up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I suspect you are right, there is a hidden story here.

Clubs just don’t do this. Players and agents lob grenades like this all the time, but clubs? Never.

Somebody can probably find a precedent of a club doing this without permission, but I cannot think of one.

Which means they may have had permission.

We will know soon.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Delgado get moved and Chapman is on his last legs at this club. Maybe he comes around like Osorio or maybe he is destined to be like Hamilton (fringe MLSer).

Beyond that, Bez repeatedly stated that you plan for 5 years down the road. Vasquez is gone after this season and possibly Bradley too. You have to be careful when a squad is at the end of it's cycle to do anything to balls up the next cycle. Letting Osorio walk would be a mistake like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Rock FC@BlackRock_FCFollowFollow
    @BlackRock_FC

More

Congrats to BRFC rising star Jacob Shaffelburg @jacobshaff on signing a multi-year professional contract with Toronto FC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Black Rock FC@BlackRock_FCFollowFollow
    @BlackRock_FC

More

Congrats to BRFC rising star Jacob Shaffelburg @jacobshaff on signing a multi-year professional contract with Toronto FC!
    Found this on him from August, seems to be highly rated. I'm guessing maybe they have signed him on a USL deal to get him in the door.

acob Shaffelburg, the reigning Massachusetts Gatorade Player of the Year, has significant interest to sign a professional contract in Europe or with Major League Soccer, said a source with direct knowledge of the situation.
    Shaffelburg, a Nova Scotia native entering his senior season at the Berkshire School, could sign with MLS and be eligible for the 2019 MLS SuperDraft in January. German clubs 1. FC Nürnberg, Werder Bremen and Fortuna Dusseldorf have also shown interest in the forward.
    “I’m just going day by day with it,” Shaffelburg said by phone. “I haven’t thought too in depth yet, because my plan is to go to school in the fall and focus on that. I don’t want to get overwhelmed with it all. I want to focus on preseason in Costa Rica with Berkshire, and if anything happens before then it does.”

Yea, according to this its a TFC II deal

After starring at @BerkshireBears, Jacob Shaffelburg has signed with with TFC2.Unprecedented step going straight from prep school to pros. Canadian winger who's reigning Massachusetts Gatorade POY and formerly committed to Virginia
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 11-21-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Letting Osorio walk would be a mistake like that.
    It's not that they are letting him walk, it's that the signing may have been done in a way that still gives Osorio options to explore moves like this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that they are letting him walk, it's that the signing may have been done in a way that still gives Osorio options to explore moves like this.
    True but anything done with him might leave us short in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juninho in town. Article also says we're working on extending Janson's loan, selling Aketxe, and Ricketts & Irwin's time here is likely up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juninho on cheap deal could be interesting. Has Liga MX experience too which I would be handy for CCL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Juninho when he was in LA - never settled at the Fire who had way too many central midfielders - then got injured.

If this went through, we got way too many central midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If this went through, we got way too many central midfielders.
    To a degree I doubt there is such a thing with the comments this off-season from management about changing the approach re: balancing CCL and MLS play.

I expect heavy, heavy rotation early in the year so I can totally see having 6-8 guys for 3-4 midfield spots as being part of the plan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juninho. Huh.

I am getting more worried about Osorio by the hour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

I expect heavy, heavy rotation early in the year so I can totally see having 6-8 guys for 3-4 midfield spots as being part of the plan.
    You can’t do that when you have the roster construction we have. Juninho would make serious money, he is a TAM player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can’t do that when you have the roster construction we have. Juninho would make serious money, he is a TAM player.
    If we sell Aketxe then Juninho is just taking his spot as a TAM player, except he's usable. I can still see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not when he hasn't played for a year cos of injury. He's reclamation project at this stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Not when he hasn't played for a year cos of injury. He's reclamation project at this stage.
    He may be a reclamation project but he made $700K plus in Chicago. Even if not TAM, he'll still be close to a full use of cap slot (ie $400-500K).

He can't be a project or a depth player on a team with at least 5 other guys at max cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He may be a reclamation project but he made $700K plus in Chicago. Even if not TAM, he'll still be close to a full use of cap slot (ie $400-500K).

He can't be a project or a depth player on a team with at least 5 other guys at max cap hit.
    He'll get a 1 year prove yourself deal.

While he's been rehabbing all year he was still being paid by Xolos who he was on loan from with the Fire. He signed a three year deal with Xolos in 2015.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll get a 1 year prove yourself deal.

While he's been rehabbing all year he was still being paid by Xolos who he was on loan from with the Fire. He signed a three year deal with Xolos in 2015.
    I say probably in the $250-$300K range for a season possibly with an option. No way after 1 season off and after what he did with the Fire he gets anything near a max non-DP contract without hitting the pitch at all since 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not misaken Juninho has a good strike from distance, which was the main selling point of Aketxe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt they bring him in for a medical if he isnt close to signing.250 300 max for me.he is only 29..seem a lot older,he will add a little bite to the midfield which they lack.if he signs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense as I bet we will be tight against the cap again and it was stressed big time that the squad rotation has to improve heading into 2019. These lower wage veteran reclamation projects are a lot safer an option than the Aketxe or VDW type deals. Way more upside and if we just use him for the one 'prove yourself' season before he potentially moves on to greener pastures then so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juninho. Huh.

I am getting more worried about Osorio by the hour.
    I think he is going to Columbia on loan. Sort of a trial balloon to have other team float it. Then be back a better player in a year and able to take over for VV (in managements mind). Nothing else makes much sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read this yesterday in article about Neymar’s injury: “Research conducted by the Times suggests that 52 of the 84 Premier league” players who played on the knockout rounds of the World Cup have been injured since. If you want to see the whole article it’s at the Guradian site - Neymar injury. I quoted some and paraphrased some. Puts our problems in perspective, and we wouldn’t be the first league to ignore player safety - Lloyd Moesby’s career was cut short due to back issues from turf and tony Fernández got a horrible injury too.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 11-21-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    If I'm not misaken Juninho has a good strike from distance, which was the main selling point of Aketxe.
    You have the wrong Juninho I think. This one was a deadly free kick taker
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juninho_Pernambucano

You are not really a club until you have had both a Julio Cesar and a Juninho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have the wrong Juninho I think. This one was a deadly free kick taker
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juninho_Pernambucano

You are not really a club until you have had both a Julio Cesar and a Juninho.
    Nope, Real G was right. This Juninho had a penchant for scoring from outside the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdRr6PcqNXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3R9yKpZwBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YvI4Gxe4n8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayuoi5-E9WE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're right. Osorio I'm sure wants to see how he measure up in Europe/SA. He could have let his contract expire and sign anywhere on a free. But that's a leap of faith. With the TFC contract and he has some insurance, a fall back in case the move to the other club backfires.

TFC could have lost him and any potential transfer fee so their position wasn't the best.

Maybe there was an agreement to allow Osorio to test other leagues, if it works out TFC makes some transfer money, if it doesn't he continues on with TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. There are a lot of Juninhos out there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juninho

Also a Seninho, as old timers will recall

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seninho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that doesn't really rate the Colombian league? Have no doubt the top end is good and competing in Copa Libertadores but are middle Bottom end really that much better/competitive? Also any guarantee that DIM would go far? That he's more likely to be discovered by Europe in Colombia than in MLS? Asking honestly here. I could see Mexico or even Argentina being a step up but not as convinced by the Colombian league