Page 169 of 191 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB isn't a problem.

He's not a solution to our CB issue.

More importantly, he's a cancer in the team.

It would be a Mo Johnson level shit show to bring back VDW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam Stejskal@samstejskal 7m7 minutes agoMore

Update regarding Toronto FC's Designated Player search: The club is still actively looking at options beyond Pozuelo. Not sure of names, but, as has been the case throughout, there are other Europe-based players in the mix. Priority is still on landing one as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    RB isn't a problem.

Quote of 2019 for me so far lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post

Update regarding Toronto FC's Designated Player search: The club is still actively looking at options beyond Pozuelo. Not sure of names, but, as has been the case throughout, there are other Europe-based players in the mix. Priority is still on landing one as soon as possible.
    I give the fuck up man honestly. Make something happen already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF? This is as big a waste of time of a tweet as there has been in the history of twitter.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest edition of ETR mentioned something about TFC that had me wondering. One of the guys talked about that really bad hit on Justin during the game and how the only TFC player who ran to confront the independiente player was Bradley. It was the kind of hit that should have had all the players fired up. It's like none of them really care about what happens. Where's the heart? Where's the fire? Got me wondering if Vanney has lost the locker room and I'm a big Vanney fan. Maybe he just can't motivate the players anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    WTF? This is as big a waste of time of a tweet as there has been in the history of twitter.
    i agree..jus bored with the lack of news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The latest edition of ETR mentioned something about TFC that had me wondering. One of the guys talked about that really bad hit on Justin during the game and how the only TFC player who ran to confront the independiente player was Bradley. It was the kind of hit that should have had all the players fired up. It's like none of them really care about what happens. Where's the heart? Where's the fire? Got me wondering if Vanney has lost the locker room and I'm a big Vanney fan. Maybe he just can't motivate the players anymore.
    Simple. They are probably just as pissed off at their front office as most of us are, about losing VV and Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is apparently not in training today. Wonder if that means anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Simple. They are probably just as pissed off at their front office as most of us are, about losing VV and Seba.
    They're professionals, not a bunch of knobs on a message board like us. I would expect better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Jozy is apparently not in training today. Wonder if that means anything.
    The team is keeping its 100% inaccuracy record as far as when players come back - squad goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://bit.ly/2ItLLmG
    this is so unfair..so nycfc will have 11 spots...while canadian teams have to wait at least 3 yrs for PR.if i am correct

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Yeah. An update to basically say he doesn't have an update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is so unfair..so nycfc will have 11 spots...while canadian teams have to wait at least 3 yrs for PR.if i am correct
    Depending on your profession you can become a Canadian PR after 1 year in the country. You can in fact become one prior to even being in the country if you're in an in demand field with the right qualifications, not sure how soccer fits in but I'd be surprised if players weren't eligible after 12 months. I was just from working in tech

Of course there's a process time after you become eligible but that's around 6 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, a Canadian PR doesn't count as a domestic, only Canadian citizens. Also, it's much harder to become a Canadian PR than to get a U.S. Green Card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Depending on your profession you can become a Canadian PR after 1 year in the country. You can in fact become one prior to even being in the country if you're in an in demand field with the right qualifications, not sure how soccer fits in but I'd be surprised if players weren't eligible after 12 months. I was just from working in tech

Of course there's a process time after you become eligible but that's around 6 months
    thx,,,but these guys are getting green cards in 3 mths.seems like endo has been trying for 3 years
    Last edited by reggie; 02-22-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Roster Rules don't say anything about Canadian permanent residents counting as a domestic, whereas it explicitly says U.S. permanent residents are domestic (ie. Endoh has likely been trying to become a citizen and is presumably already a PR):

• U.S.-based Clubs: For U.S. Clubs, a domestic player is either a U.S. Citizen, a permanent resident (Green Card holder) or the holder of certain other special status (i.e., has been granted refugee or asylum status) or a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule. There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players on a U.S. club's roster.
    • Canada-based Clubs: For Canadian clubs, a domestic player is either a Canadian citizen or the holder of certain other special status (i.e., has been granted refugee or asylum status), a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule, or a U.S. Domestic Player. There is no limit as to the number of Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster.
      • There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players or Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster; provided, however, that a Canadian club is required to have a minimum of three Canadian Domestic Players on its roster at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timbercorvus View Post
    MLS Roster Rules don't say anything about Canadian permanent residents counting as a domestic, whereas it explicitly says U.S. permanent residents are domestic (ie. Endoh has likely been trying to become a citizen and is presumably already a PR):

• U.S.-based Clubs: For U.S. Clubs, a domestic player is either a U.S. Citizen, a permanent resident (Green Card holder) or the holder of certain other special status (i.e., has been granted refugee or asylum status) or a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule. There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players on a U.S. club's roster.
    • Canada-based Clubs: For Canadian clubs, a domestic player is either a Canadian citizen or the holder of certain other special status (i.e., has been granted refugee or asylum status), a player who qualifies under the Homegrown International Rule, or a U.S. Domestic Player. There is no limit as to the number of Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster.
      • There is no limit as to the number of U.S. Domestic Players or Canadian Domestic Players on a Canadian club's roster; provided, however, that a Canadian club is required to have a minimum of three Canadian Domestic Players on its roster at all times.
    so unfair..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which means that before June 2017, even Alphonso Davies was only a domestic for Vancouver because he was a refugee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB isn't a problem.

It’s already that! Great line though. I think we are giving current management a break due to 2015 - 2017 but 2018 - 2019 transfer activity, including end of 2017 ( Beitashour) is as complete a shit show as anything mo did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It’s already that! Great line though. I think we are giving current management a break due to 2015 - 2017 but 2018 - 2019 transfer activity, including end of 2017 ( Beitashour) is as complete a shit show as anything mo did.
    Not fair. Manning/Bez had ambition and missed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Mo only getting people who came from his own agent was on a different level. And Mariner level scouting is one of our memes too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone can honestly say VDW was any better than Aketxe. VDW played a lot and provided nothing. Aketxe didn't get nearly as many minutes and provided the same nothingness. That was two swings and misses by Bez no matter how you slice it. I still think it's even worse than we know because the team seemed more toxic as the season went on. Whether that was VDW's attitude & loafing upsetting the lesser paid players who busted their asses every day in training to get a shot at the XI or Giovinco's contract issues (less likely because he isn't a total dick), it was clear that something soured the attitude of our team from the highs of early spring CCL action to the shit in September/October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB isn't a problem.

Well I think in totality the RB’s and the CB’s plus vanneys preferred style of play might not exactly be a fit. Are Ciman and everyone else save Mavinga going to be able to close the space when whatever fullback walks into midfield and gets caught high up the field?

Right now it feels like Mavinga has to chase down anybody who comes in at pace because Ciman looks no faster than Moor.

We do not have to play this style. In fact, I might sugggest we shelve it entirely until we have a more suitable roster. Clearly the defence is not outstanding and tactically we could make their jobs easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well I think in totality the RB’s and the CB’s plus vanneys preferred style of play might not exactly be a fit. Are Ciman and everyone else save Mavinga going to be able to close the space when whatever fullback walks into midfield and gets caught high up the field?

Right now it feels like Mavinga has to chase down anybody who comes in at pace because Ciman looks no faster than Moor.

We do not have to play this style. In fact, I might sugggest we shelve it entirely until we have a more suitable roster. Clearly the defence is not outstanding and tactically we could make their jobs easier.
    This is it right here. Let's go to something sturdier defensively because the high flying wide 4-3-3 isn't going to result in goals with what we have up front no matter what team we play.

And I think Ciman is faster than Moor but Moor is better positionally. He knows his limits and doesn't gamble much. Ciman gambles a lot and Mavinga is as high stakes a gambling CB there is, so that pairing won't work unless Ciman gets coached into playing within his limits.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-22-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is it right here. Let's go to something sturdier defensively because the high flying wide 4-3-3 isn't going to result in goals with what we have up front no matter what team we play.

And I think Ciman is faster than Moor but Moor is better positionally. He knows his limits and doesn't gamble much. Ciman gambles a lot and Mavinga is as high stakes a gambling CB there is, so that pairing won't work unless Ciman gets coached into playing within his limits.
    Last season, Mavinga played hurt most games, but even then, he never made the glaring mistakes that I saw this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Problem is there's nothing to suggest he'll put more effort in even if he says he will.
    No argument there. I have a hard time believing this guy will finally snap out of it and start playing like he is capable. TFC issues or not, he’s fallen really far over the years.

I think others know this too (note the lack of offers for his services).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    This has been a concern for me for a while now. I believe Vanney is intelligent and a student of the game and thats why I have faith in him most times. But I seriously wonder if he motivates at all. Every video of player interaction, or interview I feel like falling asleep when I listen to him. Do not doubt for a second the effect a motivational speaker does for the mood and desire to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This has been a concern for me for a while now. I believe Vanney is intelligent and a student of the game and thats why I have faith in him most times. But I seriously wonder if he motivates at all. Every video of player interaction, or interview I feel like falling asleep when I listen to him. Do not doubt for a second the effect a motivational speaker does for the mood and desire to win.
    Contrast Vanney's approach with Pep Guardiola. Night and day. Vanney has no passion and doesn't seem to demand it of his players. Too many times we fall short. Especially without Giovinco and Vazquez. We HAVE to address the elephant in the room. Last season was terrible, but the first CCL game was about the worst I've seen from this team in a long time. That falls on the coach. The ENTIRE team underperformed. Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not fair. Manning/Bez had ambition and missed.
    You’re right, my comment was far too strong. Mo didn’t know what he was doing, judging by what he did, and Manning in no way deserves to be compared to that. But letting Beita and Raheem* go, bringing in VdW and Axtekxe, not signing or selling Seba and Jozy when they expected it last year as per their professional experience, the Hasler* trade, and the current saga is a poor record over the last twelve months. Even the second acquisition of the number one allocation spot seems odd. Put against that is Auro and good value for Hagglund. I’d rate Ciman as even at this point.

Let’s skip my Mo comment and I’ll leave it as “Based in the activities of the past twelve months or so, I am seriously concerned about the effectiveness of our transfer strategy. I hope I am wrong but it sure seems poorly thought out and reactive”

* Hasler and Raheem because we are now desperate for wingers and they both gave us more than what we have now. Example of very poor planning.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-22-2019 at 05:39 PM.