Page 184 of 191 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest hope this season is that Jozy stays healthy and is beast Jozy. Want him to bang in more than Martinez and be in there for golden boot just to piss off Atlanta Utd & USMNT folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post

Kind of seems like exactly what Toronto would be looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    He's a .3/90 winger in a better league when playing. His value is also tanking as long as he sits. If they want to move him we may get him on a free.
    If he's free go for it but they paid 3.7 euros for him just last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I have a J-Hams Question....
    From what I see, when he's been called on he stepped up and nets some goals. Not easy when the coaching staff keeps bumping you down the pecking order and you play so sporadically.
    Is there an issue with his fitness or attitude that keeps him from getting an actual shot as a starter on this squad? Like it was said earlier, he is leagues ahead of players like Spencer.

Edit: Ok maybe not a starter, but the go to 3rd striker
    I've never been a fan of him in past seasons, but he looked sharp last night, and would likely have produced more if he got better service. I'd be okay with giving him more minutes this year to see how it plays out, he looks like he's developed his game more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I think they'd want something but he should be TAM anyway so it could fit. If he was cheap enough I would go for it but not at anything near $4M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Maybe not a free, but we may be able to get for a nominal transfer, players who are out of the team plans get moved for cheap. For a club with an estimated value of 115 million euros losing a bit on a 3.5 million transfer is not such a big deal. Looks like he could definitely be a TAM winger. If we are not waiting on Larin, perhaps we will also end up with Julian green who I will grant is a bit more of a reclamation project, if the scouting department thinks he is worth a punt I would trust their research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    My biggest hope this season is that Jozy stays healthy and is beast Jozy. Want him to bang in more than Martinez and be in there for golden boot just to piss off Atlanta Utd & USMNT folks.
    Jozy has never been in the top goal scorers though. He is only going to play 15-20 game max total per year with his legs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Jozy has never been in the top goal scorers though. He is only going to play 15-20 game max total per year with his legs
    He averaged about 25 matches per season for TFC prior to last year and he missed some matches then for international call ups. His record from Europe is 28+ matches per season. Last year seemed an aberration based on his career numbers and probably due to this unhealed bone spur thing in his feet. His old hamstring days (knock on wood) seem to have been remedied.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10 in 2015
    Top 10 in 2017

Just a note, he hasn't had hamstring issues since 2016. So assuming his broken foot issue is gone, he should be healthy.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never said it was the most likely outcome, just the only one that I could see possibly stopping us from getting Larin. Think J-Hams having a .5-.6/90 season on 12-1400 minutes is not unreasonable. All he needs to do is progress. He is still young enough and unseasoned enough that progression is not only possible but likely.
    Fair. Osorio was similarly inconsistent when younger and has developed into a solid MLS midfielder. I hope Hamilton follows the same trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But as a sub, getting a goal every 3rd game isn’t that bad. You’re not going to find anybody who is going to give you 1 in 2, unless we start thinking about paying a lot more than we’re paying Hamilton / Boyd.

I agree intangibles could be better and he’ll have to show improvement. But think he’s capable.
    Also true. I think the tools are there. Whether he can put them together and be successful remains to be seen.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton lacks intensity out there, he just doesn't seem to "have it". Very different to what Oso was when he was younger.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at his reaction to the goal again, intensity lacking doesn't come to mind.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Looking at his reaction to the goal again, intensity lacking doesn't come to mind.

I mean his play, not goal reactions. There was a good chance he had in the 2nd half, directly in front of goal with some space. He looked to half hit it without a ton of power right at the keeper. A striker should be pouncing on that ball and pounding it into a corner. It just seemed to lack intensity needed, and thats the way I see his game, lacking that intensity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Also true. I think the tools are there. Whether he can put them together and be successful remains to be seen.
    Ya agreed. Ultimately it’s on him if he wants to succeed or not. I look at 2018 Osorio vs. Him earlier in his career. There was a lot of hard work that went into getting to that point. Whether he keeps that up? That’s up to him, but he’s capable.

Looking at Hamilton and Chapman, feel like it’s the same sort of story. How competitive are you willing to be? How deep will you dig? Forgive me for saying so but sometimes these guys give off the attitude that they’ll make it even if coasting. That has to change.

Maybe Hamilton got there in the offseason after having that contract uncertainty. Still waiting for Chapman to snap out of it a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man thing with Jozy going forward is to remain healthy for the regular season. He also needs to keep his weight in check as adding more mass will lead to increased pressure on
    his legs and his feet. I am happy with it being a 3-year deal. He have him until he is 32 years old and at this time he may retire due to injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Correct me if math is wrong (reposting because I ommitted the two CCL games this year)*

Jozy Altidore has featured in 114 of 173 matches since he arrived, or 65.89% of our matches since 2015.

However, of a possible 15570 minutes of matchtime*, he only played 8379 of those minutes, which is 53.81%.

He has 60 goals and 16 assists in that time. This is a goal scored every 139.65 minutes and a goal scored or assisted every 110.25 minutes.

*Matchtime is considered to be total amount of games multiplied by 90. Most games go beyond 90 minutes so Jozy's percentage of minutes played is slightly benefited by this.

(My math is shit so correct me at your leisure haha)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya agreed. Ultimately it’s on him if he wants to succeed or not. I look at 2018 Osorio vs. Him earlier in his career. There was a lot of hard work that went into getting to that point. Whether he keeps that up? That’s up to him, but he’s capable.

Looking at Hamilton and Chapman, feel like it’s the same sort of story. How competitive are you willing to be? How deep will you dig? Forgive me for saying so but sometimes these guys give off the attitude that they’ll make it even if coasting. That has to change.

Maybe Hamilton got there in the offseason after having that contract uncertainty. Still waiting for Chapman to snap out of it a bit.
    Chapman is probably too busy thinking up Instagram captions to improve his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can now roll a 4-3-3

TAM - Altidore - DeLeon
    Pozuelo- Bradley - Osorio
    Morrow - Mavinga - Moor - Auro
    Last edited by Valdal; 02-27-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We can now roll a 4-3-3

TAM - Altidore - DeLeon
    Bradley - Pozuelo - Osorio
    Bradley can't play there.

TAM - Altidore - DeLeon
    Pozuelo - Osorio
    Bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and now who is next....TFC...target?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Bradley can't play there.

TAM - Altidore - DeLeon
    Pozuelo - Osorio
    Bradley
    You know that pushing Pozuelo up into the 10, and having Osorio play the eight and you just made the exact same lineup. The 4-2-3-1 is just a variation of the 4-3-3 as is the 4-1-4-1 you suggested. Different ways to talk about the basic responsibilities of the players at the start of the game.

I would like to see us play a 4-2-3-1 with poz in the 10 and Oso a defensive 8 beside Bradley in the 6. In attack I would like to see a 4-1-4-1 with Oso moving up to join Poz in the centre of the pitch, as a late arriving attacker giving overloads and creating space for Poz to work in.

As for players I think that I would prefer one TAM winger and a TAM right back rather than two TAM wingers. I think that adding one TAM winger will hopefully give us enough optionsI. The attack with endoh DeLeon Akinola and Telfer just needs a bit of time and a dynamic option to lessen the responsibility on the others. Our defense needs help. And a proper good defender beside Ciman should help to shore things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Hamilton gets it, found this quote in an article by Oliver Platt about last night's game:“For me personally, when your contract expires with a club like this and you think about leaving, all the things that you maybe took for granted as a young player come into your mind,” Hamilton said. “Those are things I told myself I wouldn’t take for granted anymore.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our defense needs help. And a proper good defender beside Ciman should help to shore things up.
    Beside Mavinga you mean. Ciman is an emergency substitute at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo should be allowed to leave now, the situation in Belgium seems awful and only going to get worse. Not sure how keeping this distraction around benefits the team (Genk).

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190227_04213117

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Pozuelo should be allowed to leave now, the situation in Belgium seems awful and only going to get worse. Not sure how keeping this distraction around benefits the team (Genk).

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190227_04213117
    That "Pozo Ciao" song is really very funny
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it on good authority that Kenny Saief is a done deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That "Pozo Ciao" song is really very funny
    I mean, it’s the Belgian version of the S*n. Shouldn’t be too surprised. Picture Larson spray painting Judas outside BMO after the Seba saga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    I have it on good authority that Kenny Saief is a done deal.
    It seems like a move they’d make. Belgium + winger + team wants him gone. Will this be our use of the allocation spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I dont know about his intensity - they said the same thing about Mario Lemiuex - but that was a very nice run to pull the FB in, open up Morrow for the pass from Oso, and drift deep to take the header for the goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    It seems like a move they’d make. Belgium + winger + team wants him gone. Will this be our use of the allocation spot?
    Apparently not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Apparently not.

Ciman wasn't on the list until a week before we added him IIRC. Mls doesn't always keep that updated and once they hear about your interest they update as needed