Page 151 of 191 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Very good point. The most frustrating thing here is really about disclosure. MLS still insists on operating in the dark ages
    My guess is that MLS will not do a 4th DP for LA but will make up some other stupid category name to fit one of their guys into or raise the TAM ceiling level to a point where Alessandrini fits with no buy down. I think the TAM one myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    My guess is that MLS will not do a 4th DP for LA but will make up some other stupid category name to fit one of their guys into or raise the TAM ceiling level to a point where Alessandrini fits with no buy down. I think the TAM one myself.
    That is logical, not that logic is a deciding factor. Adding a DP slot totally screws with every team's plans. Tweaking TAM definition is probably easier to sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should just force LA to follow the rules for once

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    They should just force LA to follow the rules for once
    Agree. I don't see this LAG special treatment happening anymore, I have no idea who does.

Anschutz is just one of many now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I have a gut feeling that Jozy has kicked his last ball for TFC & that we will see two DP's coming by our home opener.
    I don't see that. Jozy has been featured in the kit release marketing with Osorio and Morrow. If he was on his way out in the next week, I don't think they'd have used him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first day of training back at the kia and not a peep yet, no interviews ,no roster moves,nothing nothing nothing,its like they are in hiding,not even a vid clip from the cn tower event,the season starts on tues and i have not seen a face to face interview with a player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    first day of training back at the kia and not a peep yet, no interviews ,no roster moves,nothing nothing nothing,its like they are in hiding,not even a vid clip from the cn tower event,the season starts on tues and i have not seen a face to face interview with a player.
    On all fronts, it's quiet. That kit reveal was more like a private party. Very strange they wouldn't stream it at all or put videos on Twitter, Facebook, or their own website. Whoever their social media team is, if they have one anymore, is sleeping because minus a couple meaningless Tweets here and there, ziltch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On all fronts, it's quiet. That kit reveal was more like a private party. Very strange they wouldn't stream it at all or put videos on Twitter, Facebook, or their own website. Whoever their social media team is, if they have one anymore, is sleeping because minus a couple meaningless Tweets here and there, ziltch.
    oh i love that clip of the players heading the ball on the beach.its like A ball baseball coverage,they say they wanna be a big club act like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they've realized there's way too much backlash on any tweet that isnt a DP signing to replace Seba. They've thrown in the towel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I think they've realized there's way too much backlash on any tweet that isnt a DP signing to replace Seba. They've thrown in the towel.
    so cancel the season because we lost a player,maybe for the plastic fans but the real fans want the basic news too.cuts ,3rd goalie,bmo field.richie lareya etc etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a reporter can ask about vdW. More precisely, what are implications? Did we use buyout on Aketxe?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://bit.ly/2N8LS5Q

here is some basic news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather they all stay quite and focus on the season to be honest. Actions will speak louder than words.

The team needs to pull together because there will be adversity to overcome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game in 4 days, including travel. Less drama the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and moor is having hammy probs.i think we need another cb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been quiet and patient for a while now, my rep wants to meet with me.

Regardless, the focus should be on management. They hope tfc can win to help ease the information we already know and have accepted regarding player movement.

I would have been happy with transparency and communication.

The field is also an issue 100 %.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali Curtis will meet GENK technical director on Saturday in NYC about Poz. We should hear something hopefully by Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC GM Ali Curtis will be in New York City on Saturday to meet with officials from Major League Soccer and Belgian football side K.R.C. Genk to discus the future of Spanish footballer Alejandro Pozuelo, the Toronto Sun has learned. Curtis will meet with Genk technical director Dimitri de Conde.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc-genk-talk-pozuelo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Ali Curtis will meet GENK technical director on Saturday in NYC about Poz. We should hear something hopefully by Monday.
    Man, this just keeps going back and forth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that this meeting is at the league office is a signal that Genk are willing to do business (nobody flies transatlantic otherwise) and that the league owns this botched first attempt, and is going to figure this out for the player, Genk, and for TFC.

We will see Pozo in May I think. In the meantime, let’s make the best of it, cheer him on in Europa League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The fact that this meeting is at the league office is a signal that Genk are willing to do business (nobody flies transatlantic otherwise) and that the league owns this botched first attempt, and is going to figure this out for the player, Genk, and for TFC.

We will see Pozo in May I think. In the meantime, let’s make the best of it, cheer him on in Europa League
    Genk also has a league game Sunday morning against Brugge, who is in second. Big game for that CL spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grow lights are on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    He did in the Toronto Sun last week.

“Our team will be different. There’s no two ways about that,” he said. “You don’t lose guys like Seb and Victor and pretend that the team is going to be exactly the same. But that doesn’t mean worse. Not in any way. I think the idea is that we can be a little bit younger, be a little bit more dynamic. Play in a different way and ultimately play in a way where with time and with work, the ceiling for our team is even higher than it was before.
    “On a personal level, I’m very excited because of the opportunity to be a part of building a new team in some ways, building a younger team, being able to do certain things tactically that we weren’t able to do before. I think that’s exciting,” Bradley continued.

He must have been forced to say these things
    Seriously??

Your exact words were ‘Michael Bradley has been quoted saying he is excited we lost Vasquez and Giovinco’.

What you quoted doesn’t in any way indicate MB is EXICTED WE LOST VAZQUEZ AND GIOVINCO.

That’s the worst translation of his interview possible. Vazquez was one of his and his family’s best friends in the city. Giovinco and VV were great players for a team he was/is captain for. What you are suggesting is beyond dumb.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since all contracts are with the league, meeting in New York facilitates things, approval is on the spot and there is no faxing of documents. Agreed this is a signal that it's going to get done.

We need to all remember that MLS wants to help TFC do well in the CCL. MLS wants to win this thing. Getting this done facilitates this goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

We need to all remember that MLS wants to help TFC do well in the CCL. MLS wants to win this thing. Getting this done facilitates this goal.
    genkfan helped me see that it’s wrong to want Pozo now. May is the right answer for all concerned. Even if it hurts us in CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

genkfan helped me see that it’s wrong to want Pozo now. May is the right answer for all concerned. Even if it hurts us in CCL
    If he was coming over on a free transfer I would agree. If we are paying one cent over the release clause then I wholeheartedly disagree. Until we hear otherwise it at least sounds like we're going to be on the hook for >$8M. We shouldn't feel guilty shopping for players within our transfer window, goodness knows that other clubs around the world certainly do not.

Sports is a business at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The Genk Chairman was right - this is about sport. He finishes the season there, then comes. Price is 8M on the button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the mariner report on poz made me very excited and happy to wait for him. Let’s give him a chance to leave on a great note and come here ready to go.

Hope the meeting with Genk goes well.

The other thing that makes me excited is to see more young guys get a legit shot especially Hamilton/akinola/noble. If Curtis can get Vanney to really play our youth with consistency who knows what they can do.

As for the Bradley comments. The man is our general. We need his leadership, positive attitude and work ethic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is good news. You don't fly that distance without being told "Hey, we got a good shot of a deal here - lets meet." Good chance of there being an intermediary of some sorts helping this all out.

I would not be surprised if Genk gets a friendly match with an MLS team in the summer out of this. Maybe a trip to Columbus?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's done regardless. It's all about timing now. Lots of checking Twitter tomorrow.