Page 135 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The level of sheer unadulterated panic that happens on this forum every time anything happens at all is insane, wild takes happening from absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Every single time.

This is a negotiation, no more no less. Personally I'd be okay to wait until June since I don't think we've a shot at CCL anyway but you have to go for it. Let's see how it plays out.
    We dont have a shot, in your words, because deals have not been made. They shouldnt be waiting until the last second. Our first game is in 5 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of sheer unadulterated panic that happens on this forum every time anything happens at all is insane, wild takes happening from absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Every single time.

This is a negotiation, no more no less. Personally I'd be okay to wait until June since I don't think we've a shot at CCL anyway but you have to go for it. Let's see how it plays out.
    Mediocrity is okay in your world. Not mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    We dont have a shot, in your words, because deals have not been made. They shouldnt be waiting until the last second. Our first game is in 5 days.
    This isn't the last second. It's literally not even the first second, the transfer window hasn't even opened yet for christ sake! I'm okay with front office taking their time and focusing on getting the right player and not a panic buy just to alleviate the panic induced masses. That's how we got Seba, and how many many many transfers throughout the history of world football have happened.

The world record transfer fee to the biggest club on the planet in Gareth Bale happened on the last day of the transfer window. This is how football works. Calm down and let the news play out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With MLS playoffs we can afford to wait until May to get him, that will likely be what happens as they can try and secure their spot. I have no faith in being successful in the champions league this season anyway, may as well compromise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't mediocrity - its what teams all over the world deal with.

Agent says one thing, team says another, team wanting player says something else, player says stuff.

Comes with the territory. Its not incompetence - its business in football in Europe.

Now TFC has, from the first time we heard of this guy, made sure they got out the message that this is only 1 of a few options. He seems to be the preferred. We'll see if it happens.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-11-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill manning and co really screwed up this winter. Not getting deals done early. Welcome to the big leagues boys, this isnt RSL.
    Well Bez leaving probably threw a wrench in things but still.... how long have we been toying with getting Menendez now? Get it done already or move on. You could shake a tree down there and a dozen guys of that quality would fall out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This isn't mediocrity - its what teams all over the world deal with.

Agent says one thing, team says another, team wanting player says something else, player says stuff.

Comes with the territory and calling people incompetent because of the existance of such circumstances is....panic.
    Exactly. This is standard fare with transfer dealings. Works much easier when you go after out of contract players.

The fact that Genk posted that online statement means one thing; they're going to sell him and they are laying the foundation to save face before it happens. That's standard PR stuff. They wouldn't make it public otherwise. This is the type of thing TFC could have done with Giovinco to vilify him to save the online animosity and panic but they chose the higher road and kept quiet until he lashed out. If you want mediocre and mishandling a transfer take a look at Genk's FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Mediocrity is okay in your world. Not mine.
    Well last year felt pretty mediocre to me.

I still question how this team is going to balance out the schedule. If the big mitigating factor here is not making the playoffs so guys are on more rest I find that to be cold comfort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is this “business as usual” take coming from? I thought everybody here knew Europe...

This is not standard fare. Standard fare would have been doing this in January. European players don’t move after January 31 unless they are released.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Where is this “business as usual” take coming from? I thought everybody here knew Europe...

This is not standard fare. Standard fare would have been doing this in January. European players don’t move after January 31 unless they are released.
    You need to watch the transfer window better. Lots of players move to China and have been after the Euro window closes.

Teams may not want to transfer players because they can't get a replacement but there are no rules against it and having a disgruntled player being forced to stay is bad news for the locker room. Much like Giovinco, you got no choice but to do what the player wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You need to watch the transfer window better. Lots of players move to China and have been after the Euro window closes.

Teams may not want to transfer players because they can't get a replacement but there are no rules against it and having a disgruntled player being forced to stay is bad news for the locker room. Much like Giovinco, you got no choice but to do what the player wants.
    I think Genk is also at fault for not reinforcing during their wndow. They were aware that Pozuelo had intentions of leaving, and they knew about interest from leagues with different transfer windows like Saudi Arabia and China. They likely took a risk and decided to wait for the summer and now it's blowing up in their faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that the odd one happens doesn't make it business as usual. Usual business happens during the transfer window.

I think it still speaks to the fact our front office wasn't expecting Giovinco to go and are now scrambling. Otherwise this would have been done before the end of January when Genk could have brought another player in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit unsure if this guy's really worth dropping 8-10M now as opposed to 0M in July. Of course we need him now but that is a lot of money. Put him on a pre-contract to keep him engaged. Lean on the TAM players for the first half of the season. Speaking of the TAM players, where are the TAM players? If they don't materialize too, then everyone should feel free to be cranky because it's going to be rough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I think Genk is also at fault for not reinforcing during their wndow. They were aware that Pozuelo had intentions of leaving, and they knew about interest from leagues with different transfer windows like Saudi Arabia and China. They likely took a risk and decided to wait for the summer and now it's blowing up in their faces.
    They put a clause in his contract keeping him there until June.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm a bit unsure if this guy's really worth dropping 8-10M now as opposed to 0M in July. Of course we need him now but that is a lot of money. Put him on a pre-contract to keep him engaged. Lean on the TAM players for the first half of the season. Speaking of the TAM players, where are the TAM players? If they don't materialize too, then everyone should feel free to be cranky because it's going to be rough.
    Why would we be able to get him for $0 in July? He should still have the release clause seeing as his contract runs thru June 30th, 2021.

I think the lack of TAM players in addition to a lack of updates, info from preseason/team is also peaking people's frustrations because we have no players yet and the season starts soon. I know for me personally, I love the CCL, and not being able to be competitive in it let alone worrying about now possibly losing to a Panamanian team bothers me. I still have faith though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news, according to Spanish twitter, the deal for Menendez is done - 6 month loan, $3.5 mil buy option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would we be able to get him for $0 in July? He should still have the release clause seeing as his contract runs thru June 30th, 2021.

I think the lack of TAM players in addition to a lack of updates, info from preseason/team is also peaking people's frustrations because we have no players yet and the season starts soon. I know for me personally, I love the CCL, and not being able to be competitive in it let alone worrying about now possibly losing to a Panamanian team bothers me. I still have faith though.
    my mistake, I misread the June date as his deal ended in June.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They put a clause in his contract keeping him there until June.
    That only secures them a transfer fee until June. If we wait until then, they get no cash and a very unhappy captain. So they'll have to strip his captaincy for sure and then unsettle the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That only secures them a transfer fee until June. If we wait until then, they get no cash and a very unhappy captain. So they'll have to strip his captaincy for sure and then unsettle the team.
    Whether an agreement that you're going to stay works in practical reality is another question!

I think they would still get the transfer fee though, no? As someone said above, his has actual deal is until 2021. I think they are essentially just suspending the release clause until June.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew someone was going to say this. OK fine.

Those Chinese examples are unusual, and have usually (always?) started negotiations during the window.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of sheer unadulterated hyperbole in this post is... interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menendez is done apparently. He'll be travelling up tomorrow/Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/GastonEdul/status/1094999201916817409

And the loan is for the full season, not 6 months.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a lighter note, this is clearly very good news:

Sunday morning just prepared for training. He arrived and left in the company of his estate agent David Garcia, who would sit around the table with a Genk delegation later in the day. Pozuelo, who has a very difficult time with the situation, also has no reason to send his cat to force the situation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    On a lighter note, this is clearly very good news:

Sunday morning just prepared for training. He arrived and left in the company of his estate agent David Garcia, who would sit around the table with a Genk delegation later in the day. Pozuelo, who has a very difficult time with the situation, also has no reason to send his cat to force the situation.
    His cat obviously prefers Hollandaise sauce to poutine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this discussion on the validity of the clause belies the fact that having transfer windows that are different screws everything up

#thanksFIFA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    His cat obviously prefers Hollandaise sauce to poutine.
    I mean, that's kind of apples and oranges, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    I mean, that's kind of apples and oranges, no?
    look the point is his cat isn't being forced into the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. If his cat has to get involved, we're fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to get done. Genk is in full posturing mode now. Making themselves look big and scary so that they can tell their fans they tried. Lawyers is a bad route for them I doubt they have Canadian Media Monopoly Billions to waste on lawyers. When your captain wants out, you yell and scream, make your team look like they tried. Then when all is said and done you say goodbye. It sucks for Genk that is likely the nail in the coffin of their Champions league run.