Page 29 of 191 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser.

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yes forget Endoh, not so sure Janson is a done deal and if Bradley is rotating we need to pickup a DM
    Road Games: ‘16-PHL,MTL,MTL(ECF); ‘17-CLB,ORL,NYC,DCU,CHI,MTL;
    ‘18-MTL,NER,OTT,ATL,MTL; ‘19-MTL; ‘22-MTL​;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Fraser.
    Kid's talented but not MLS calibre yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman's age worries me but if he is only on a two year contract it's hard to see this going bad. Would like to see the club get younger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy holidays and Christmas to those celebrating

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be shocked if we don't sign Janson

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the guy, questions about his knees however IIRC and Contract options in Argentina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matias Laba holy shit yes please

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we had to trade a second round pick to Cincinnati to move to number one from number two.

So in total Ciman cost us 75k GAM and 75k TAM (to SJ) and a draft pick (to CIN)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So we had to trade a second round pick to Cincinnati to move to number one from number two.

So in total Ciman cost us 75k GAM and 75k TAM (to SJ) and a draft pick (to CIN)
    It will be interesting to see what his salary is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagllund and Zavs should benefit from Ciman leading the backline in the same way the they were serviceable alongside Moor during the Cup run. Even if this is the only addition to the backend we are much better than we were last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It will be interesting to see what his salary is.
    No mention of TAM in the press release...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Hagllund and Zavs should benefit from Ciman leading the backline in the same way the they were serviceable alongside Moor during the Cup run. Even if this is the only addition to the backend we are much better than we were last year
    If VDM, Auro, Moor, Mavinga and Ciman stay healthy, those two will be safely off the pitch in most games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 released Tim Kubel (our top draft pick last year). I remember several of us, myself included, thought he would be a candidate for a first team spot last year with his German youth team experience. I didn't follow any of the TFC2 season though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 released Tim Kubel (our top draft pick last year). I remember several of us, myself included, thought he would be a candidate for a first team spot last year with his German youth team experience. I didn't follow any of the TFC2 season though.
    You never know with that one. TFC2 seems to intentionally getting younger and more Canadian. Maybe he just doesn’t fit that as opposed to anything wrong with him personally? They are moving down a level and the team last year was resoundingly awful, so fair amount of change to be expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You never know with that one. TFC2 seems to intentionally getting younger and more Canadian. Maybe he just doesn’t fit that as opposed to anything wrong with him personally? They are moving down a level and the team last year was resoundingly awful, so fair amount of change to be expected.
    Looks like he moved back to the German team he played with in the offseason while in college. VfL Nagold. Saw an article, they play in the sixth tier. He's going to also coach the youth team. Completely guessing here, but maybe he's giving up the soccer dream and starting a normal life in Germany (he's 25), and going to play semi-pro and coach youth to just stay involved with the sport on the side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_K%C3%BCbel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only have 4 forwards on our team right now, i believe the office looks at signing a depth forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like he moved back to the German team he played with in the offseason while in college. VfL Nagold. Saw an article, they play in the sixth tier. He's going to also coach the youth team. Completely guessing here, but maybe he's giving up the soccer dream and starting a normal life in Germany (he's 25), and going to play semi-pro and coach youth to just stay involved with the sport on the side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_K%C3%BCbel
    In that day of the life article Josh Kloke did on TFCII, i'm pretty sure Kubel said he was going to pursue coaching. He was involved with coaching TFC Juniors this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming we sign Janson, I think they are looking at Bakero & Akinola to be the #4 or #5 forward.

Both of those guys showed some potential last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    In that day of the life article Josh Kloke did on TFCII, i'm pretty sure Kubel said he was going to pursue coaching. He was involved with coaching TFC Juniors this year.
    Yep, he basically packed his things after the season, thanked TFC for the opportunity and told them he was going home. His season in the USL was a eye opener including was he was pressed into GK duty during a game I actually was at and made him re-evaluate his future, thus pursuing coaching.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember we were linked with Argie midfielder Alexis Mac Alister over the summer for $4M? Well Boca Juniors are now going after him and his price has risen to $10M.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Assuming we sign Janson, I think they are looking at Bakero & Akinola to be the #4 or #5 forward.

Both of those guys showed some potential last season.
    I think that as well but I would think Akinola would edge Bakero for the 4th spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading a bit between the lines, seems that family/personal reasons are behind this

https://twitter.com/laurentciman23/s...586740224?s=21
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Remember we were linked with Argie midfielder Alexis Mac Alister over the summer for $4M? Well Boca Juniors are now going after him and his price has risen to $10M.
    Was hoping this would happen, guess it won't be now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have zero expectations that Ciman will work out, however I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a group of TFC fans that I suspect think pretty much only of the 2016 ECF in considering Ciman. That is not representative.

Ciman was an elite defender for the entirety of his time in MLS, and a core LAFC player who was sold to a Ligue 1 club ... four months ago. LAFC never looked the same after he left (well, except for that game here in September!)

I am a bit worried we paid too much.

Very glad that we got this done before the January window - that increases our flexibility.

(btw the Montreal defender that I really remember getting torched by Jozy and Ricketts in the ECF second leg was Oyongo, who also went on to Ligue 1. He plays a lot for a very good Montpelier team that is in the hunt for Champions League. Montreal really had a very good back line in 2016 that just couldn’t handle us over the tie. I would say the same about our back line in that series - we did allow 5 goals, and several were awful.)
    Last edited by ensco; 12-27-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I’ve gathered, Cimans head wasn’t in it in France. He was worried about his daughter and whatnot. The same with LA to a certain extent. You can expect a dip in job performance no matter what you do as a job when your heads not in it.

Hes now back in Canada where he’s happy with the care his daughter is getting, and he’s not the going to be the vocal presence in the team as was expected in MTL and LA (probably). I think this works out.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC were sad to see him go. Montreal fans who are honest are sad he left - (gawd there's a lot of posturing on twitter by Impact fans). Ciman's a 2 year +1 player project, much like Moor was when he came. We have good reason to believe he will be an MLS quality CB next year.

Two other aspects of all this:

1) Wheeler indicating "somebody will have to go" - he's not always right about who and what fits but Wheeler usually knows something when talking about cap space - still think this is Haglund

2) Our long term defensive future is really uncertain. We have pretty much bet 2020 & 2021 on an aging Morrow/Morgan, Ciman & Mavinga and , maybe,VDW & Auro. 2022 & 2023 are complete unknowns. This may seem like a long way away but 2022 is to 2019 what Seba's first season was to 2018. This team needs to start identifying decent young (under 20) CB & FB talents. We can't keep buying our defence.