Page 74 of 191 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It’s also worth saying the jury is still out on the Atlanta young DP route. They did well with Martinez and Almiron for sure. Barco has been a bust so far, and got himself into off field troubles. We’ll see about this new Martinez.
    Atlanta has reached the selling of Almiron stage and pooched it by not doing so before they brought in his replacement.

MLS looking naive about being a selling league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Atlanta has reached the selling of Almiron stage and pooched it by not doing so before they brought in his replacement.

MLS looking naive about being a selling league.
    True. I think Almiron goes before the EPL window closes but they painted themselves in a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think something will get done there. Window isn’t closed yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I would think something will get done there. Window isn’t closed yet.
    I agree. They will have to take what Newcastle is offering. I don't think their loaning out Barco will work. Almiron will be unsettled for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree. They will have to take what Newcastle is offering. I don't think their loaning out Barco will work. Almiron will be unsettled for sure.
    For sure. They have to come around to the fact we have a limited reputation in terms of being a seller. There have been some successes but many flops (especially as it relates to attacking talent). World can’t be won in one transfer window

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure. They have to come around to the fact we have a limited reputation in terms of being a seller. There have been some successes but many flops (especially as it relates to attacking talent). World can’t be won in one transfer window
    But what do we know

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now all of a sudden, Vanney's comments that he'd prefer to play with only one player on top makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Now all of a sudden, Vanney's comments that he'd prefer to play with only one player on top makes sense.
    Well we've got the 4, 2, and 1 worked out for now but the 3 isn't looking too awesome ATM.

And we need a legit back up striker then because with Jozy being Jozy, long stretches of Hamilton alone up top don't fill me with confidence.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 01-28-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    'Very good point indeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we've got the 4, 2, and 1 worked out for now but the 3 isn't looking too awesome ATM.

And we need a legit back up striker then because with Jozy being Jozy, long stretches of Hamilton alone up top don't fill me with confidence.
    It might have to be Hamilton if we're really after Terrence Boyd. Replacing one big injured striker with another.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if that was the suggestion, but Altidore is not a good single striker. Plays better in close with another forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Not sure if that was the suggestion, but Altidore is not a good single striker. Plays better in close with another forward.
    if jozy is still here

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy isn't a target man but he's better in a 4-2-3-1 then the 4-1-4-1 we kept trying him with the last couple of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're pooched either way. If the rumors are true, we won't get an equivalent replacement till the summer, and that player will need time to adjust. Hamilton won't cut it, period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ was interviewed on TSN where he indicated he thought it was unlikely that Giovinco will be with TFC to start the season. Interestingly he mentioned that TFC may have shot themselves in the foot a little bit by selling Vazquez for so cheap as that set the market.

If Giovinco isn't sold because of transfer fee issues and he was actually offered $30M for 3 years, that's going to definitely cause some issues.

I am disappointed with both Altidore and Giovinco as they seem to have mutually decided to stoke the fire here and really get the media in a frenzy. Bradley on the other hand, just goes and does his business. A true leader.

At the end of the day, when both Altidore and Giovinco leave, I really do hope that TFC does something special and brings them back for some kind of fan appreciation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    At the end of the day, when both Altidore and Giovinco leave, I really do hope that TFC does something special and brings them back for some kind of fan appreciation.
    When Frings retired, he got a 3 minute bit including a bad video, 20 minutes before kick off on a Sunday afternoon - nobody knew, nobody was there.

It was almost as degrading as the GO station video.

This team HAS to start treating its alumni as alumni.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t feel like anyone’s move to Newcastle “falls though” they just have the benefit of seaking better alternatives, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    KJ was interviewed on TSN where he indicated he thought it was unlikely that Giovinco will be with TFC to start the season. Interestingly he mentioned that TFC may have shot themselves in the foot a little bit by selling Vazquez for so cheap as that set the market.

If Giovinco isn't sold because of transfer fee issues and he was actually offered $30M for 3 years, that's going to definitely cause some issues.

I am disappointed with both Altidore and Giovinco as they seem to have mutually decided to stoke the fire here and really get the media in a frenzy. Bradley on the other hand, just goes and does his business. A true leader.

You know what’s really stoking the fire here... the club not saying anything and leaving vague narratives to fill the air.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what’s really stoking the fire here... the club not saying anything and leaving vague narratives to fill the air.
    True but the silence regarding deals thing has been a part of our FO since Bez came. Still in effect obviously.

Gone are the Forlan roller blading & DeRo shopping around the league days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but the silence regarding deals thing has been a part of our FO since Bez came. Still in effect obviously.

Gone are the Forlan roller blading & DeRo shopping around the league days.
    Except they haven’t put a lid on anything coming out. Everything is coming out except their word/explanation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    When Frings retired, he got a 3 minute bit including a bad video, 20 minutes before kick off on a Sunday afternoon - nobody knew, nobody was there.

It was almost as degrading as the GO station video.

This team HAS to start treating its alumni as alumni.
    the Dero testimonial match wasn't a bad try it was just too bad so few fans came out to see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive my ignorance on coming late to this, but what is Seba actually asking for to potentially stay in Toronto. Has that been reported?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Except they haven’t put a lid on anything coming out. Everything is coming out except their word/explanation.
    Coming out from other side and Seba's agent. Not much you can do about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on coming late to this, but what is Seba actually asking for to potentially stay in Toronto. Has that been reported?
    I would expect him to want that deal matched or a little less but for a longer term regardless of his words of preferring Toronto. His preference is the same as most people's: money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not the gm or coach,im a season ticket holder since day 1,i will support the team no matter who is on the field.
    Totally, 203 players have suited up for the Reds and most likely another 10 or so will be added to that list in 2019. In my eyes it all about the 11 men on the pitch, that's something I have no control over.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read through any of the posts here but I thought I should mention that I saw VdW at LAX on Wednesday. I was late for my flight so I could say anything but it was 100p him. I don't know what that means, if anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I haven't read through any of the posts here but I thought I should mention that I saw VdW at LAX on Wednesday. I was late for my flight so I could say anything but it was 100p him. I don't know what that means, if anything.
    vdW is back in Toronto, has been posting to Instagram from here. He's on his way out from TFC. No idea if they'll get anything for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No . Nor have TFC's discussions with him, if any

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming out from other side and Seba's agent. Not much you can do about that.
    That’s the stuff that wasn’t happening before. Also the VdW/Vanney dust up. Team isn’t as good at holding everything in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rumor is 3x10