Page 182 of 191 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy in summer says my foot has been operated on I’m back to normal , first 2 Concacaf games no Jozy .....he gets his normal pass because he’s Jozy ......it’s a good signing if it’s TAM ! considering his on / off again efforts when he’s fit , not even mentioning number of games played . guess many didn’t see the ridiculous red card last year to kill a game . God we hate being critical of our ‘stars’ .....yes he’s fun , and a bull WHEN , he’s into it but , I’d like to see a bit of dedication and a full season , that’d be 3 more now . As a DP . They were behind the eightball because he could look for new offers in the summer and being burned by Seba , they made their choice . Guess that foot is solid . When does he start mid March ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Jozy spoke about finally being healthy and now he is the offensive focal point. Let's see what he can do as the main line of attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well Jozy spoke about finally being healthy and now he is the offensive focal point. Let's see what he can do as the main line of attack.
    Nothing when you havent dont any soccer activity in 3 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be hard to replace Altidore without spending a large transfer fee. If we actually spent 17 million on Defoe (flipped for Altidore) then glad we are keeping him. I hope he's our third best player though not second. We can use any other transfer fee money in buying one striker not two.

Altidore----BIG DP
    ------Pozuelo

I'll put that up against Atlanta...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Signing Jozy turns the offseason from a disaster to only a shit show.
    Hmm... I always thought in terms of descriptive expressions that shit show was worse then disaster, so I would've said that we're now in disaster instead of shit show. Is there an official guide to the various levels of crap?

Glad we got Pozuelo though. If we lost Jozy, seba and vv and got no Pozuelo I would've said we would've dropped into dumpster fire territory approaching black hole status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It's going to be hard to replace Altidore without spending a large transfer fee. If we actually spent 17 million on Defoe (flipped for Altidore) then glad we are keeping him. I hope he's our third best player though not second. We can use any other transfer fee money in buying one striker not two.

Altidore----BIG DP
    ------Pozuelo

I'll put that up against Atlanta...
    Big DP ain’t coming dude. That’s Poz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Hmm... I always thought in terms of descriptive expressions that shit show was worse then disaster, so I would've said that we're now in disaster instead of shit show. Is there an official guide to the various levels of crap?

Glad we got Pozuelo though. If we lost Jozy, seba and vv and got no Pozuelo I would've said we would've dropped into dumpster fire territory approaching black hole status.
    Well played. Very. This must be the Golden Cock the Belgian media was talking about

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to have re-signed Jozy. Love the guy and he's so clutch when it matters. I truly believe his injuries will be behind him this season and he'll do great. He's only 29, guys, and a proven winner and scorer.

If you need a reminder of how good he is watch the condensed YouTube highlights of "all 52 goals scored for Toronto FC."

Also sign OMAR BROWNE from independiente. I'm sure we could steal him for a few hundred thousand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Very happy to have re-signed Jozy. Love the guy and he's so clutch when it matters. I truly believe his injuries will be behind him this season and he'll do great. He's only 29, guys, and a proven winner and scorer.

If you need a reminder of how good he is watch the condensed YouTube highlights of "all 52 goals scored for Toronto FC."

Also sign OMAR BROWNE from independiente. I'm sure we could steal him for a few hundred thousand.
    What number was he? 94?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What number was he? 94?
    No he was number 99. He scored today and 1 last week. He also cut through our defenders like butter 2 or 3 times tonight.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 02-27-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big DP ain’t coming dude. That’s Poz.
    They will get another big offensive player this season or next season (if it’s a DP)

Maybe not a Giovinco or Rooney but possibly a Nikolic or Diego Rossi tier or maybe even a South American like Josef Martinez where he will have a smaller salary when we get him.

If we get Bradley on TAM or maybe keep Bradley as a DP and sign a forward with TAM money. Either way I would expect another really good player to come at striker/forward/winger eventually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy stays as a DP this is a bad signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    With all due respect, if he stops getting injured this late in his career I'd call it a run of good health. He's wearing the "often injured" tag into retirement. Track record is far too long to be anything else.

And i like the guy. Will never forget some of the big games he played for us. But this is a signing that gives me indigestion.
    Plus 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley and Altidore havent proven for me from last years results they are worthy of getting the DP tag, only was Giovinco, the player filling DP in my opinion has to be hard to replace and i dont feel that way about our two DPs, this is extremely worrying to just give a DP to anyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the type of player TFC should and probably is targeting

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/javi...sfer_id/744539

https://www.futhead.com/19/players/14998/javier-correa/

Javier Correa, striker, 25 years old.

Transferred to Santos Laguna (LIGA MX) for only 3.5 million.

He has less then a 1.5 million dollar salary and he has 7 goals in 8 games.

What an absolute steal for Santos...

He's cheap, and you're going to be able to sell him in 3 years for a huge profit making the player basically free.

Pozo, Altidore and maybe Bradley are our anchors now it's time to find some great young talent around them to get the most bang for our buck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This is the type of player TFC should and probably is targeting

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/javi...sfer_id/744539

https://www.futhead.com/19/players/14998/javier-correa/

Javier Correa, striker, 25 years old.

Transferred to Santos Laguna (LIGA MX) for only 3.5 million.

He has less then a 1.5 million dollar salary and he has 7 goals in 8 games.

What an absolute steal for Santos...

He's cheap, and you're going to be able to sell him in 3 years for a huge profit making the player basically free.

Pozo, Altidore and maybe Bradley are our anchors now it's time to find some great young talent around them to get the most bang for our buck
    How much less than $1.5m? Because when you add in the transfer fee this makes him a DP. Plus we’d probably have to pay him more than the Mexican team. Then you have to wait and see if they come good or end up being yet another another SA bust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    How much less than $1.5m? Because when you add in the transfer fee this makes him a DP. Plus we’d probably have to pay him more than the Mexican team. Then you have to wait and see if they come good or end up being yet another another SA bust.
    Always remember when talking about contracts in Liga MX that the vast majority of not if not all players have double contracts. One that is filed with the government for tax purposes and a second one which is usually an equal amount paid under the table. This allows the teams to avoid payroll taxes on the unreported wages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to head off the hate fest, which I don't understand....

There is zero chance Jozy is a TAM signing. Are you not paying attention? Poz cost USD $30M all in. That is around what Vargas from Tigres would have cost Portland.

Jozy is like the fifth highest scorer in MLS in his time here, and nobody in league history is close in clutch scoring.

The price of eggs isn’t what you want it to be, it's what it actually is. Get real guys.

Strikers with pedigree make a ton. Jozy probably got extended at his current number. If it wasn't for the injuries he'd get $10M a year somewhere like Gio did.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-27-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to the pope on the balcony scenes today.

Onwards to the TAM winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

There is zero chance Jozy is a TAM signing. Are you not paying attention? Poz cost USD $30M all in. That is around what Vargas from Tigres would have cost Portland.

Jozy is like the fifth highest scorer in MLS in his time here, and nobody in league history is close in clutch scoring.

The price of eggs isn’t what you want it to be, it's what it actually is. Get real guys.

Strikers with pedigree make a ton. Jozy probably got extended at his current number. If it wasn't for the injuries he'd get $10M a year somewhere like Gio did.
    This post is all you need to read on the matter.

Personally, I’m glad we’ve taken care of our first true club legend. Happy to have him back. I was genuinely concerned after the awkward tone he had in the televised interview w Gio and subsequent interviews to follow.

“Baby, I’m TFC ‘til I die” - Legend

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Jozy can go back to the laboratory and cook up some great stuff for us again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Looking forward to the pope on the balcony scenes today.

Onwards to the TAM winger.
    Right on
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 issues left to close:

1) Get the speedy winger that opens up the left side.

2) Putting my 2014 Bez hat on....Creatively sign Bradley to an Extension...There's a zero percent chance Bradley stays as a non DP. He still has value and can control the middle of the park (even if a lot of you don't see it-some of you are worse than USMT "fans"). The thing that could keep him here is his family seems pretty settled in TO. His kids have only known TO as their home and they're at the age where it starts to matter. SO...there is a way he still gets fair compensation and we make him a TAM player next year but it involves pulling some Galaxy level shit. Basically we renegotiate this year and up his salary and then have option years based on league starts as part of the extension. "Hey Micheal...we want to renegotiate this year and then add a 3 year option based on league starts to it. We'll up this year to $12m guaranteed and then the 3 year option is at $1.5M per."

Basically the 3 year extension is $3.5M / year but because you pull forward a bunch into the guaranteed portion of this year and then keep his salary at TAM level during the extension it works. If it needs to be more you put more into this year.

Here are the roster rules:
    A player's Salary Budget Charge, and therefore Designated Player status, is determined by averaging all amounts payable over the guaranteed contract term excluding option years.

Option year compensation is not included in the Salary Budget Charge calculation unless the option includes an automatic performance trigger whose terms would elevate a player's category from non-Designated Player to Designated Player status. In such a case, the option year will be considered part of the guaranteed contract term.

Option year compensation is not included in the Salary Budget Charge (in determining Designated Player status) if the automatic trigger is based upon a performance target of at least 65% MLS League Season starts.

Last edited by KGH; 02-27-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah I agree 100%. But I think the "hate fest" comes from the opinion that its a risk to give a DP spot to a player who is so injury prone, which I believe deserves some pause for thought.

But I'm happy he's back. He's definitely worth it. When the man is in form, there is no other forward I want on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just like to point out that right now, Jozy is the same age as Clint Dempsey was when he started playing for the Sounders, and look how that turned out. I'm perfectly okay with Jozy making DP money for the next 4 years, as I honestly think he's put the worst of his injury bugs behind him. I'm also certain that there are going to be big changes to the salary structure when the new collective agreement between the players and owners is negotiated for next season. I could see MLS coming up with something like the mid-level exemption they have in the NBA, where $4million per season will be considered TAM level, if they get rid of a DP slot. I'm betting that next year Garber is going to take the training wheels off - there's a critical mass of owners who want to spend more than the old guard did. I think MLS is going to ramp up spending until the next TV contract in 2023, which will be a Gold Mine with the upcoming 2026WC thrown into the bid by SUM. They could probably ask for $300-500 million per year, which would easily allow for MLS clubs to have a base salary cap of $10 million, not including DPs, GAM and TAM. I think in the next 8 years MLS will become a global powerhouse and top 5 destination league, easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Yeah I agree 100%. But I think the "hate fest" comes from the opinion that its a risk to give a DP spot to a player who is so injury prone, which I believe deserves some pause for thought.
    That is for sure a reasonable issue. But I think injury risk is part and parcel of any veteran. World football is littered with players that teams spent $20M or $30M or whatever that didn’t pan out because of injuries.

Jozy's relationship with a lot of fans is not that great, somehow. They don’t rate him. No slack. I don’t get it.

Jozy's injury issues seem to be treated differently here. Gio got hurt regularly, that adductor thing flared every few weeks really, but that issue rarely came up in the discussion to extend him.

Jozy just doesn’t get the level of love he deserves for what he has done. He deserves the same level as Gio got. I love Gio too, don’t get me wrong, but Gio pulled all kinds of crap, berated teammates every game, caused serious problems with refs, and lay down while Seattle countered when it was 1-0 late in the 2017 MLS final because he didn’t like a non call (I love Seba but I still cannot believe he did that).

All Jozy ever did wrong that I can remember is get a red in a key mid season game last year- people went on about that for weeks.

I don’t understand what a significant group of TFC fans' problem with Jozy is.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-27-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Jozy to 4 years? He will probably play 3 years if lucky, a good year or more in injuries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling (depending on the financial details) that we may be overpaying for Jozy (and giving in to his demands) simply because of what happened with Seba. I imagine MLSE were a little worried about any backlash from the fans and what would happen if he did leave. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player when fit and on his game but a 4yr extension seems a little nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^This is the kind of thing I am talking about. It's a 3 year extension. He will be 32 when it's done. Same age Seba is now. He will get hurt for sure during the life of the deal. Same as Seba got hurt here at age 30 and 31, repeatedly.

What exactly is nuts about that?