Page 150 of 191 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    didnt Damm cost Tigres in the neighbourhood of 10 million?
    Ever since he was acquired in 2015 his production has been steady but not at a level that his 8.85 mil euro transfer fee deserved.

15/16 - 4 goals, 5 assists in the season on 45 matches
    16/17 - 7 goals, 4 assists on 42 matches
    17/18 - 1 goal, 7 assists on 34 matches
    YTD 18/19 - 1 goal, 1 assist on 17 matches.

His minutes per match have steadily gone down too - seems to be a bench option right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy I remember being impressed by in our CCL series is Dueñas. He could not be dispossessed- he would be a stud in MLS.

He's an Mexican MNT regular so I am sure it ain't happening

No point in a Mexican star coming to TFC, really, they should go to the Dynamo or something. I would look more closely at non-Mexicans. Valencia plus something?

Although it's possible that the “swap” could be a three way, eg Altidore for Duenas, then Dueñas for, say, Nguyen
    Last edited by ensco; 02-15-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    You might be right. What if they bring in Mori now and then let Jozy go in the summer and then sign Pozuelo?

I would rather have Mori and Pozuelo than say Jozy and Hanni.
    Bingo. I think this is it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*slaps head*

Maybe it's Vargas or Quinones for Altidore plus some cash

http://www.espn.com/soccer/portland-...eduardo-vargas
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vargas too old - older then Altidore - and would he take the pay?

BUT... us stomping Portland with a player offer would be kinda funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this could possibly be a factor in our impending moves?

According to ESPN's Jeff Carlisle, the Galaxy are interested in signing Costa Rican center back Giancarlo Gonzalez, who currently plays for Serie A's Bologna and starred for Columbus Crew SC in 2014 before being transferred to Palermo in a deal reportedly worth $5 million, at the time a record fee for an MLS defender.

For the deal to be completed, the Galaxy would need to jump up in the Allocation Order. The Galaxy currently have the 11th spot while Toronto FC recently acquired the top slot. The move probably wouldn't be cheap; in 2018 Orlando City SC sent FC Dallas $400,000 Targeted Allocation Money to swap No. 6 for No. 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know that money is an issue for us rn. Kinda surprised we aren't going for him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vargas too old - older then Altidore - and would he take the pay?

BUT... us stomping Portland with a player offer would be kinda funny.
    Can't see MLS allowing us to scoop him out of Portlands hands. Too much for a player that I'm not sure fits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize that Genk simply finishing top of the table doesn't guarantee a champions league spot for them, they also have to win the play off round as well to get that, am I reading that correctly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Can't see MLS allowing us to scoop him out of Portlands hands. Too much for a player that I'm not sure fits
    Not sure we'd be scooping Vargas. We could possibly be flipping him to Portland. Sebastian Blanco would be a classic Manning player (he tried for him in 2016, before we got VV) and is underpaid at $1.3M. I was just trying to figure out the term on Blanco's deal...

Portland are overloaded in midfield with Valeri and Chara and Guzman... if they are spending big up front they cannot just keep everyone
    Last edited by ensco; 02-15-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I wonder if this could possibly be a factor in our impending moves?

According to ESPN's Jeff Carlisle, the Galaxy are interested in signing Costa Rican center back Giancarlo Gonzalez, who currently plays for Serie A's Bologna and starred for Columbus Crew SC in 2014 before being transferred to Palermo in a deal reportedly worth $5 million, at the time a record fee for an MLS defender.

For the deal to be completed, the Galaxy would need to jump up in the Allocation Order. The Galaxy currently have the 11th spot while Toronto FC recently acquired the top slot. The move probably wouldn't be cheap; in 2018 Orlando City SC sent FC Dallas $400,000 Targeted Allocation Money to swap No. 6 for No. 1
    FYI If we trade our Allocation spot, we have to give half the cash earned for it back to Cincy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Portland has switched gears and is moving on to someone else.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/with_replies

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think we are going for Menendez alternative rather than a dp

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    I didn't realize that Genk simply finishing top of the table doesn't guarantee a champions league spot for them, they also have to win the play off round as well to get that, am I reading that correctly?
    Basically.... I've been reading up on this as well. I believe what the Belgian league does is:
    - balanced schedule
    - top 6 teams make the playoffs
    - their points are halved (if the season ended today, Genk is on 57, so they would have 28, as they round up)
    - they play 10 more games (each home/away)
    - total points from these games and their half from the regular season to determine the champion and other champion's/europa league berths

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not sure we'd be scooping Vargas. We could possibly be flipping him to Portland. Sebastian Blanco would be a classic Manning player (he tried for him in 2016, before we got VV) and is underpaid at $1.3M. I was just trying to figure out the term on Blanco's deal...

Portland are overloaded in midfield with Valeri and Chara and Guzman... if they are spending big up front they cannot just keep everyone
    I'm almost wondering if we will wait on the DP slot but fill the tams

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also talk that the league might arbitrarly help out its favourite team by allowing for 4 DP's. (The Galaxy really are screwed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also talk that the league might arbitrarly help out its favourite team by allowing for 4 DP's. (The Galaxy really are screwed)
    If they are dumb enough to keep Dos Santos, we should make a hard move on Alessandrini.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG want to ditch Gio Dos Santos & keep Alessandrini. Basically, they screwed themselves with the Zlatan deal & want the league to change the rules to help them out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    FYI If we trade our Allocation spot, we have to give half the cash earned for it back to Cincy
    Wonder how it would work if we traded it for a player like say Alessandrini?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    What gives you this impression?
    His Twitter, comments about Mexico, contract status, stupid red cards last year, body language, and at the end of the day...you don't just play out contracts in soccer. He's in the last year...he needs to be traded or re-signed. My guess is that we trade Jozy for a Mexican player and re-sign Bradley. Add in Pozo replacing Seba and a couple of TAMs and we are on the way to run for the play-offs. Much less than that and we are screwed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAG want to ditch Gio Dos Santos & keep Alessandrini. Basically, they screwed themselves with the Zlatan deal & want the league to change the rules to help them out.
    Well they can't buy down his contract as the PA won't allow it so my bet is the league gives in to them like they usually do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Michael Bradley did not say anything of the kind. And you know that.

As for Vazquez he basically played for $3m less than he's worth for 2 seasons (and was integral in us winning) so there's absolutely no way we are going to block him from getting a huge payday and future coaching position.
    He did in the Toronto Sun last week.

“Our team will be different. There’s no two ways about that,” he said. “You don’t lose guys like Seb and Victor and pretend that the team is going to be exactly the same. But that doesn’t mean worse. Not in any way. I think the idea is that we can be a little bit younger, be a little bit more dynamic. Play in a different way and ultimately play in a way where with time and with work, the ceiling for our team is even higher than it was before.
    “On a personal level, I’m very excited because of the opportunity to be a part of building a new team in some ways, building a younger team, being able to do certain things tactically that we weren’t able to do before. I think that’s exciting,” Bradley continued.

He must have been forced to say these things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well they can't buy down his contract as the PA won't allow it so my bet is the league gives in to them like they usually do.
    Or they trade Alessandrini to us as part of a combo deal moving Jozy to Mexico

(To be clear: I don't want Jozy to move. But he is unsettled and maybe unhappy.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post

“Our team will be different. There’s no two ways about that,” he said. “You don’t lose guys like Seb and Victor and pretend that the team is going to be exactly the same. But that doesn’t mean worse. Not in any way. I think the idea is that we can be a little bit younger, be a little bit more dynamic. Play in a different way and ultimately play in a way where with time and with work, the ceiling for our team is even higher than it was before.
    “On a personal level, I’m very excited because of the opportunity to be a part of building a new team in some ways, building a younger team, being able to do certain things tactically that we weren’t able to do before. I think that’s exciting,” Bradley continued.

He must have been forced to say these things

That sounds to me like he is re signing with TFC for an extended contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solution: Allow them to buyout the contract but offset the buyout cost against the amount of TAM they can spend on future years.

This is tricky business though. Atlanta almost had themselves stuck in this situation as well. League might have to make some adjustments here.

Then there’s TFC... we’ll just wait thanks. No need to replace that star right away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Younger and more dynamic sounds like a lot of running lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously hope not, if we are switching to 4-3-3. We have physically strong strikers in Jozy and Boyd ✔️. We then need pacey wingers and a playmaker to unlock the forwards. Why Poz and Menendez would have been great. Jozy bleeds Red, if and I know a big “if” he is healthy, keep him here. Am a big West Ham fan ( no shots from the cheap seats) and as much as a I loved Valencia, too inconsistent for all his skills and pace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Solution: Allow them to buyout the contract but offset the buyout cost against the amount of TAM they can spend on future years.
    I think the players union nixed this idea because they said they refuse to allow a player to 'leave money on the table'. I get it because it could set a bad precedent for future high cost players and whether they are living up to the $$$. Could open a can of worms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post

This is all true though. We were one of the, if not the, slowest teams in MLS and that did hamper our tactics. When teams played into our hands, we were magic. When they didn't we had to fight for everything, even in 2017. We lost our ability to hammer counters at a frenetic pace because we had nobody with pace and that cost us.

As for the ceiling, well that's a no brainer. As good as Giovinco and VV were, they weren't going to get any better going forward. Not many players do in their 30's. Their ceiling was 2017. You get some good guys in their 20's and the ceiling is unlimited. Would these new guys match Seba & VV? Maybe, maybe not but the potential is there and if we're looking at spending real $$$, the chances go up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the players union nixed this idea because they said they refuse to allow a player to 'leave money on the table'. I get it because it could set a bad precedent for future high cost players and whether they are living up to the $$$. Could open a can of worms.
    Very good point. The most frustrating thing here is really about disclosure. MLS still insists on operating in the dark ages