Page 106 of 191 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy goes I see it being to Mexico. Plus he wants to go there at some point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^It could be Mexico for Jozy. Absolutely.

If I were betting, I'd fasten your seat belts. I bet Manning already has the Jozy move lined up.

He will announce the Altidore move, and sign two DPs (one we have heard of) and a TAM player, all at once.

Shock and awe.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Jozy stays. I would actually be more upset over his departure than Seba's. Unless he has made it clear to management that he is unhappy and wants to leave, I would keep him for the final year of his contract and revisit contract extension talks later in the season based on his durability and performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

If I were betting, I'd fasten your seat belts. I bet Manning already has the Jozy move lined up.

He will announce the Altidore move, and sign two DPs (one we have heard of) and a TAM player, all at once.

Shock and awe.
    You write the bold part like you know something we don't. Can you clarify if your speculating or not. Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shock and awe.
    I think this is right but they reportedly offered Jozy an extension. This was probably done now so there's time to move him if he declines it.

But I firmly believe that there will be some shock & awe action coming up. They definitely didn't like being blindsided by Giovinco and his agent and really, really didn't like the exit messages from Giovinco & VDW. There will be a push back effect from that I think. All in all this whole thing might work in our favor because these two players really ruffled the feathers of the TFC/MLSE brass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i said 30 hours and 5 pages ago. "Shit Show" LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes the greatest things are born from chaos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You write the bold part like you know something we don't. Can you clarify if your speculating or not. Cheers
    Sorry, my bad. 100% speculation. If I know something I will say it (I never do when it comes to player stuff)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild speculative guess: we bring in Ener Valencia. Altidore goes other way (maybe).

Some troll account mentioned it on twittter. But surprisingly sort of makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wild speculative guess: we bring in Ener Valencia. Altidore goes other way (maybe).

Some troll account mentioned it on twittter. But surprisingly sort of makes sense.
    That's been bandied about for a while now. It was supposed to be Valencia & Sosa but they moved Sosa already. If we can't resign Jozy and a swap is on deck I would rather get someone younger that Valencia though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Twitter, 20 min ago. : http://www.delacunaalinfierno.com.ar...ronto-por.html

seems like Menendez is close to a loan deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's been bandied about for a while now. It was supposed to be Valencia & Sosa but they moved Sosa already. If we can't resign Jozy and a swap is on deck I would rather get someone younger that Valencia though.
    As would I. But, I do like the idea of someone in that wide forward spot who can also play up top alone and is blazing fast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the sound of Valencia, but I suspect any deal like that would be about the money.

I think the odds of us bringing in a Mexican player as one of the 2-3 slots we are filling is high. We spent a lot of time scouting and preparing to play all those Mexican teams in CCL, we have an edge there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Menendez a better caliber of prospect than Lucas Janson? Doesn’t same that way.
    He seems like a Marky Delgado tier / fringe squad rotation player probably on 200 k. When I say Delgado tier, I mean his level of play, nothing to do with style or position.

I like that we are doing some small business with Independiente. Building relationships and good business with South American clubs is smart and also fills a need for depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba earned his salary here, that is uncontested.

Seba also earned his way out of here because of his agent...uncontested.

It is unfortunate that he is gone and it sucks for all of us because after waiting ten years for a good team, we are now losing what we had, but in all honesty, every other team in MLS has improved drastically since we won the MLS cup and even if we had a healthy lineup from 2017, the challenge in the league would be much more competitive. The team has gotten a lot older.

Michael Bradley has been class throughout this whole thing just by keeping his mouth shut and doing his job. But it makes me wonder what he meant by his end of season comments. Bez screwed up on all signings last year. Vanney played everyone out of position last year and did not have his high profile stars making him look good like the year before...he was not coach of the year imo, but his players made him look good. He will be exposed this year and most likely out as he is really not that good. Keeping Zavaleta is a disaster and it will show this year. We never should have gotten rid of Beitashour. Seba may have been toxic in the dressing room too with his contract antics. These guys signed a contract. They should honour those, not complain about it half way through.

I don't know what management has planned, but with all these windows closing, I expect a lot of disappointment rather than excitement. I hope I am wrong, but the lack of news coming is not good. Menendez? really this is an option? he is pure crap imo and not worth it. Who is this high level DP? Was it a smoke screen? Is Altidore OutTheDoor? I wouldn't think of sending him to Tigres unless we get Valencia AND Julian Quinones in return - that should be the asking price.

If it is indeed Hanni, Boyd, another TAM, Julien Green with the allocation and solid DP, this may be decent, but i'm not confident in the FO at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Seba earned his salary here, that is uncontested.

Seba also earned his way out of here because of his agent...uncontested.

It is unfortunate that he is gone and it sucks for all of us because after waiting ten years for a good team, we are now losing what we had, but in all honesty, every other team in MLS has improved drastically since we won the MLS cup and even if we had a healthy lineup from 2017, the challenge in the league would be much more competitive. The team has gotten a lot older.

Michael Bradley has been class throughout this whole thing just by keeping his mouth shut and doing his job. But it makes me wonder what he meant by his end of season comments. Bez screwed up on all signings last year. Vanney played everyone out of position last year and did not have his high profile stars making him look good like the year before...he was not coach of the year imo, but his players made him look good. He will be exposed this year and most likely out as he is really not that good. Keeping Zavaleta is a disaster and it will show this year. We never should have gotten rid of Beitashour. Seba may have been toxic in the dressing room too with his contract antics. These guys signed a contract. They should honour those, not complain about it half way through.

I don't know what management has planned, but with all these windows closing, I expect a lot of disappointment rather than excitement. I hope I am wrong, but the lack of news coming is not good. Menendez? really this is an option? he is pure crap imo and not worth it. Who is this high level DP? Was it a smoke screen? Is Altidore OutTheDoor? I wouldn't think of sending him to Tigres unless we get Valencia AND Julian Quinones in return - that should be the asking price.

If it is indeed Hanni, Boyd, another TAM, Julien Green with the allocation and solid DP, this may be decent, but i'm not confident in the FO at this time.
    Watched a lot of him, have you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless a proven world class forward is signed, it makes sense for TFC to at least try to find a good playmaker in the mould of Cheyrou and Vasquez. The Algerian may fulfill that need.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back down the rabbit hole we go, lol.
    Maybe we need two threads...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last three TAM type players we signed were VdW, Akexke and Lucas Janson. Doesn’t fill me full of confidence that we are going to be able to quickly replace VV and Seba, particularly given Vanneys admission that it isn’t possible to replace VV with a TAM player, only a DP. So essentially we need a DP level player and a player who can tear the league apart if we are replacing like for like. That’s not going to happen, so they need to be spot on with three or four players To fill the gap. It’s fair to worry about that.

Also still need a RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DeLeon might be sharing that spot with Auro in addition to playing further up the field. Not entirely ideal but i’d be willing to see where that goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit. Is Zavaletta or Auro, the current RB options?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The last three TAM type players we signed were VdW, Akexke and Lucas Janson. Doesn’t fill me full of confidence that we are going to be able to quickly replace VV and Seba, particularly given Vanneys admission that it isn’t possible to replace VV with a TAM player, only a DP. So essentially we need a DP level player and a player who can tear the league apart if we are replacing like for like. That’s not going to happen, so they need to be spot on with three or four players To fill the gap. It’s fair to worry about that.

Also still need a RB
    Deleon and auro are our RB and Endoh played there too we need ST CAM +WING preferably

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Shit. Is Zavaletta or Auro, the current RB options?
    After last season I’m not even sure Nephew can play CB let alone RB. There are options; De Leon will end up being the Hasler-like utility player this season.

Edit: Maybe Telfer can play there too, but it’s not ideal.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 02-02-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversation I had with a Spartak supporter about Hanni
    https://twitter.com/RussianTim61/sta...890161152?s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Conversation I had with a Spartak supporter about Hanni
    https://twitter.com/RussianTim61/sta...890161152?s=19
    If Hanni is coming he’ll be a DP as he just signed a new contract last year and is over the TAM threshold. Unless he has a reason he really wants to get out of Moscow and can’t find anywhere else to pay his wages, I doubt we get him on some VV-esque TAM deal (which was incredibly fortunate).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, my bad. 100% speculation. If I know something I will say it (I never do when it comes to player stuff)
    Jozy is under contract. TFC can't do anything without his consent. He is making what $7M per year. who's going to pay Jozy that this year.
    maybe he will go to Saudi Arabia??
    why doesn't everybody just go to Saudi Arabia?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    If Hanni is coming he’ll be a DP as he just signed a new contract last year and is over the TAM threshold. Unless he has a reason he really wants to get out of Moscow and can’t find anywhere else to pay his wages, I doubt we get him on some VV-esque TAM deal (which was incredibly fortunate).
    Is that the TLDR of my convo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Jozy is under contract. TFC can't do anything without his consent. He is making what $7M per year. who's going to pay Jozy that this year.
    He's making $5m per year currently. If I were to guess, TFC have likely offered him something around $3m/year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    He's making $5m per year currently. If I were to guess, TFC have likely offered him something around $3m/year.
    Yup, currently $5m per year for Jozy, and a bit younger than the other DPs & Vazquez: Jozy turned 29 in November. No idea what TFC or another team would be willing to pay in a new contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows what they will do? They have boxed themselves in by not managing this properly. But I believe they will definitely attempt to portray what they do as a big signing!

Re Altidore and Mavinga, yeah, that tweet and much else spoke volumes, they will both be gone too, as soon as they are able to leave.

My guess is that Altidore gets traded within MLS.
    Jozy is going to Mexico... the problem he has is the same as what Seba found out. No club in NA or Europe will pay even close to the salary that they are/were making. Unless he signs in either China or Saudi Arabia he is going to be taking a pay cut IMO