Page 98 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All three are poor options and none come close to Séba’s talent.
    Lacazette = overhyped and inconsistent. He’s been shit at Arsenal
    Ozil = the definition of moody. Only plays when he feels like it, which isn’t very often these days
    Benzema = Trouble with a large capital “T”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you missed most of the news on how it really happened and what they're doing about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We sign a solid young DP and get two TAM guys and we're better than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    The Whitecaps retired number 10 for Domonic Mobilio.
    IMO, kind of ridiculous. If a player proves themselves worthy of the number, let them wear it and carry the legacy forward. Restrict the number, but don't retire it. Make players earn the right to wear the number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have squeezed the Arabs for another 2-3 mil.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FSo with the transfer window in Europe now closed what is going on with vdW? Figure the Reds would rather move him on a free transfer than buy him out. I wonder if there is a chance of a heart to heart and he stays, who knows?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    We should have squeezed the Arabs for another 2-3 mil.
    Kloke thinks we got more then what KJ reported

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Ozil = the definition of moody. Only plays when he feels like it, which isn’t very often these days
    I'd take Ozil to fill the VV role.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good interview with Manning here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/bill-manning-kept-giovinco-wanted-play-someplace-else/

Skip to 8:30 if you want to hear Manning dropping somewhat of a hint about the kind of DP we're targeting.

He basically says the new DP is not gonna be as big of a splash (or command as much of a salary) as Giovinco, but "people who know soccer" will realize it's a significant move. Repeats the line that it's a top player in the prime of his career.

It's not gonna be an Ozil, or a Lacazette. It's someone with probably a bit less name recognition than Giovinco had when we signed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nobody coming. This team is a shit show disaster. Bez, VV, VDV, now Giovinco. All gone! A company worth hundreds of millions would not spring an extra 3 million for the player who brought them championships. That's how players of good quality view TFC now. It's a fucken mess is what it is. Leafs and Raptors both doing really well, no need for a smoke and mirrors distraction by investing in TFC. That's what i think. No chance at replacing the talent we just lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    There is nobody coming. This team is a shit show disaster. Bez, VV, VDV, now Giovinco. All gone! A company worth hundreds of millions would not spring an extra 3 million for the player who brought them championships. That's how players of good quality view TFC now. It's a fucken mess is what it is. Leafs and Raptors both doing really well, no need for a smoke and mirrors distraction by investing in TFC. That's what i think. No chance at replacing the talent we just lost.
    Lol are we being gaslit..

What Manning says there changes everything...before it was "almost as big as Seba" and now it's a name that "soccer people will recognize". Seems like major panic mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Youre pretty much out of touch with reality all 3 are never coming to MLS and are way beyond Seba at this time.

How has Lacazette been shit at Arsenal hes scoring every other game. Ozil they are trying to move out because hes earning 500k USD per week while not fitting in with the coach's tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    What Manning says there changes everything...before it was "almost as big as Seba" and now it's a name that "soccer people will recognize". Seems like major panic mode.
    It's two ways of saying the same thing... the gist of his comments were pretty much that the new DP will be slightly below Giovinco in pedigree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I'd take Ozil to fill the VV role.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.
    350 pounds per week until 2021. You think TFC will pay 25 million USD per season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to laugh at this state of TFC, i used to be a season ticket holder for TFC2 and when went to games they never won, all i heard from my ticket rep is this a team for learning the game, dont expect victories cause they wont play for them, at this rate i see the proper club following process, they dont care about winning and want to cut all corners and we as fans/supporters take it because we love what the club can be but never seems to become

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post

You have got be kidding? He is CPL level... terrible option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Is this the first season following sports? Players leave teams all the time. Tavares left the Islanders for more money. Ramsey is leaving Arsenal for better opportunity at Juventus. Gretzky left the Oilers for LA etc etc etc times a million in sports players move on you keep supporting the club.

Jeez man it wasn't only 3 million he wanted 5 million for 5 years while on the decline. So many damn chicken little drama queens freaking out because older injury prone players trying to get their last paydays are being directed elsewhere for their big checks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    350 pounds per week until 2021. You think TFC will pay 25 million USD per season?
    Well, he'd need to take a bit of a pay cut, obviously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Good interview with Manning here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/bill-manning-kept-giovinco-wanted-play-someplace-else/

Skip to 8:30 if you want to hear Manning dropping somewhat of a hint about the kind of DP we're targeting.

He basically says the new DP is not gonna be as big of a splash (or command as much of a salary) as Giovinco, but "people who know soccer" will realize it's a significant move. Repeats the line that it's a top player in the prime of his career.

It's not gonna be an Ozil, or a Lacazette. It's someone with probably a bit less name recognition than Giovinco had when we signed him.
    This makes me think it's going to be a South American player, in that they just don't have as high a profile in N. America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the first season following sports? Players leave teams all the time. Tavares left the Islanders for more money. Ramsey is leaving Arsenal for better opportunity at Juventus. Gretzky left the Oilers for LA etc etc etc times a million in sports players move on you keep supporting the club.

Jeez man it wasn't only 3 million he wanted 5 million for 5 years while on the decline. So many damn chicken little drama queens freaking out because older injury prone players trying to get their last paydays are being directed elsewhere for their big checks.
    i agree with you ..too many drama queens on this site that have no clue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As bummed as I was yesterday, I’m pretty excited for what’s next. If TFC is looking to get a young DP and potentially sell them off for profit like ATL, I think that’s the way to go.

Dortmund aren’t the biggest spenders in Germany but they consistently do well. I’m perfectly happy with that model.

In my mind seba showed his true character in that post. I think as an individual you should always leave your head held high and there’s no reason to complain. He was paid the most of anyone in this league over his tenure. He chose to leave.

He created many incredible moments but, he’s gone and the team is still here. Boyd is as good or better option than rickets, I’ll take Ciman over hagglund, now I can’t wait for the next cards to fall.

2019 is going to be a fun season. We have guys that have something to prove and new blood coming that won’t taint the locker room(hopefully).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Lol are we being gaslit..

panic mode??really,seba was under contract and left the team high and dry for way more money,the fact that the club is trying to sign a replacement is panic mode lol,this site driving me to drink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    As bummed as I was yesterday, I’m pretty excited for what’s next. If TFC is looking to get a young DP and potentially sell them off for profit like ATL, I think that’s the way to go.

Dortmund aren’t the biggest spenders in Germany but they consistently do well. I’m perfectly happy with that model.

In my mind seba showed his true character in that post. I think as an individual you should always leave your head held high and there’s no reason to complain. He was paid the most of anyone in this league over his tenure. He chose to leave.

He created many incredible moments but, he’s gone and the team is still here. Boyd is as good or better option than rickets, I’ll take Ciman over hagglund, now I can’t wait for the next cards to fall.

2019 is going to be a fun season. We have guys that have something to prove and new blood coming that won’t taint the locker room(hopefully).
    yes sir...sorry to say but this post has just a bit too much logic for my taste

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looking through the list of players with contracts ending in the summer of 2020 or earlier. He said young and in his prime. How about Rafinha? He’s 25, Sitting on the bench at Barca, and hasn’t really had a full season in 3 years. Maybe he wants to get paid? He value is in the 10-15 million area. Just spit balling here. Doesn’t have the name recognition Seba did, but he is known.

Only other guy on this list in that area of age, transfer value, and biggish name, is Mario Gotze. That one I doubt more.
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 02-01-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just looking through the list of players with contracts ending in the summer of 2020 or earlier. He said young and in his prime. How about Rafinha? He’s 25, Sitting on the bench at Barca, and hasn’t really had a full season in 3 years. Maybe he wants to get paid? He value is in the 10-15 million area. Just spit balling here. Doesn’t have the name recognition Seba did, but he is known.

Only other guy on this list in that area of age, transfer value, and biggish name, is Mario Gotze. That one I doubt more.

rafinha I would be happy, I thought he was the replacement to messi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Divock Origi might be a shout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In soccer. TFC is trying to go Christmas shopping at 5pm on December 24. All the good stores are closed. Get ready for a shitty gift csrd from thr gas station

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we are in dead last by mid summer we can connect again then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called burning your bridges, and that is exactly what Giovinco has done, I think the not caring about winning line was copied from VdW's parting post. Lacks gratitude towards the team and the supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called burning your bridges, and that is exactly what Giovinco has done, I think the not caring about winning line was copied from VdW's parting post. Lacks gratitude towards the team and the supporters.