Page 82 of 191 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So that’s it then. Fuck. Gonna be hard going to BMO this year. Manning needs to give supporters an explanation and some idea where the team is going.
    YES and YES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Lose him in 1 year. Not 6 months. Has to finish contract.

I'd keep him for season instead of selling him foe chump change.
    I'd love to keep him to but I guess the front office was worried of leaving for free on a bosman transfer.

Forgive me while I shed a tear over a cup of whiskey reminiscing of all the good times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish him nothing but the best for his personal career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    On a ruthless, professional basis only, I think you offer him a one-year deal at the same money at most. I understand why they're doing it.

Still the greatest in league history. Brought us total glory.

I think he'd dropped off substantially last year in terms of speed and ability to beat players. He's so talented, I'm not sure it matters. But if we lose Seba, that almost certainly means we're going to lose Jozy, as he's massively overpaid for MLS based on his injury rate AND they love playing together. If one goes, there's a serious chance the other will be too moody to benefit us. Both are moody guys.

That leaves Bradley, who is also overpaid but I believe -- and I imagine they do -- would be more accepting of a lower deal the next time, and wants to raise his family in Toronto. Plus, the way he played for the U.S. the other night, I have no doubt that on a harmonious TFC, he's still worth DP money. Fuck the US fans.

Really, I think this is why Bez left. A guy as ambitious as him doesn't take over as president of the Columbus Crew when he's a GM at MLSE unless he knows he's going to get the axe for all that money and the increasing risk of no results due to injury and fuckups (akexte, Gvdw).

So, on a ruthless basis, I get it.

Still feels wrong.
    Nice to see you back on here JLoome. And you are spot on as always. No joy in mudville

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC isnt going to playoffs, and might as well forfeit CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Here's my thoughts.

It's fair of Giovinco to demand a similar salary as his first deal. Arguably the best-performing player in league history. If he wants $7 million a year again, he can just point and say "look what I've done".

It's fair for Toronto FC to feel like they should offer something more in the $4 to $5 million range. He's 32 and while still a great player, figures to slowly decline over the next few years. We need to sign players based on what they can do, not what they've done.

So this feels sort of like the inevitable conclusion.

The biggest shame here is Giovinco deserved a proper send off. Not scoring a goal in garbage time of the last game of the season when we've already been eliminated. He transformed the club more than any player probably ever will. It's a true shame that it ends like this. Absolutely brilliant player. I doubt any player matches his 2015 season especially for a long time.

I think we did fine with the fee. $2 to $3 million for a 32 year old with a contract that's about to expire is fine.

I'll echo the statements about needing to hear from Manning and Curtis about where this team is going. Altidore is 100% leaving within the year, I think there's zero doubt about that now. I want to hear what the plan is. It's hard not to draw comparisons to Curtis gutting the Red Bulls. I would hope MLSE is still onboard with spending in the top 25% of the league, if not the highest by a wide margin like we have in recent years.
    100% agreed. Moves are what they are and to a certain extent were forced but let’s hear what the grand plan is going forward.

Don’t just jackhammer our roster and hide under your desk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CanPL will be getting a few more fence sitters opening day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Here's my thoughts.

It's fair of Giovinco to demand a similar salary as his first deal. Arguably the best-performing player in league history. If he wants $7 million a year again, he can just point and say "look what I've done".

It's fair for Toronto FC to feel like they should offer something more in the $4 to $5 million range. He's 32 and while still a great player, figures to slowly decline over the next few years. We need to sign players based on what they can do, not what they've done.

So this feels sort of like the inevitable conclusion.

The biggest shame here is Giovinco deserved a proper send off. Not scoring a goal in garbage time of the last game of the season when we've already been eliminated. He transformed the club more than any player probably ever will. It's a true shame that it ends like this. Absolutely brilliant player. I doubt any player matches his 2015 season especially for a long time.

I think we did fine with the fee. $2 to $3 million for a 32 year old with a contract that's about to expire is fine.

I'll echo the statements about needing to hear from Manning and Curtis about where this team is going. Altidore is 100% leaving within the year, I think there's zero doubt about that now. I want to hear what the plan is. It's hard not to draw comparisons to Curtis gutting the Red Bulls. I would hope MLSE is still onboard with spending in the top 25% of the league, if not the highest by a wide margin like we have in recent years.
    Spot on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now trending on twitter

#CurtisOut
    #ManningOut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Can I write my rep and say 2500 for season, no seba I will cancel now
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think we should hang on with the “no backup plan” or “no replacement” take. The fact that they didn’t handle this well in the beginning does not mean that they didn’t handle it at all.

They didn’t take this right to the wire, which means to me that TFC threw in their hand because they needed to be free to do some business tomorrow.

Lets see what happens here. They have a very obvious DP move available, as a for instance.
    That all depends on how long they’ve known this is coming. Signing another DP isn’t a one week process. It took months to get Giovinco. I really hope they saw the writing on the wall and have done thw groundwork to sign someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should hang on with the “no backup plan” or “no replacement” take. The fact that they didn’t handle this well in the beginning does not mean that they didn’t handle it at all.

They didn’t take this right to the wire, which means to me that TFC threw in their hand because they needed to be free to do some business tomorrow.

Lets see what happens here. They have a very obvious DP move available, as a for instance.
    "2-3 Million" will turn out to be 2.1 million or something like that - hardly enough to bring in a Seba replacement. And Manning has repeatedly said that it was steady as you goes with a few additions. The Ciman signing supported the truth of that statement. I find it very difficult to believe that there is a plan B. But if they get Mata from Man U or someone of that skill level I'll agree I'm wrong. Seba was a once in a lifetime aquisition and either management lost control of the situation or they weren't telling us the truth. Or both. I'm slowly getting furious about how this was handled and the result.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That all depends on how long they’ve known this is coming. Signing another DP isn’t a one week process. It took months to get Giovinco. I really hope they saw the writing on the wall and have done thw groundwork to sign someone.
    It could be a one hour process, if they move for Alessandrini. He's no Seba, but he's a very decent MLS player/DP.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that they have been very cleverly hiding these facts from everyone. "A bloody secret deal"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be a one hour process, if they move for Alessandrini. He's no Seba, but he's a very decent MLS player/DP.
    Why? Does he want out of LA? He’s good but no Seba.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Does he want out of LA? He’s good but no Seba.
    LA have 4 DP’s. Someone has to move.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And with Giovinco going how does this not hurt the morale in the team, plain dumb to get rid of Bez; signed the only manager we spoke to who was unemployed, there is a reason for that; and then destroy the locker room, the morale isnt possible to be high with all the stupidity of Manning, we get rid of Vazquez, Van Der Wiel, and Giovinco; and only sign Ciman(we all know he is here for his daughter, he will be complacent) and De Leon, sorry this team is in full rebuild to only hear that we only needed a few signings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    LA have 4 DP’s. Someone has to move.
    Why would the get rid of him? Sell a dos Santos for a bucket of balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess that "trip to the Doctor" must have been a medical lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all the ways to take the new path forward, this seems like the more difficult one. Maybe someone can be found now, more like it will be summer. Hard to way to start the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting word Toronto FC has acquired @TBoyd91 from Darmstadt in German second flight. Awaiting additional details or any official word. #tfc #mls

Well it’s all better now.
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-30-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    And with Giovinco going how does this not hurt the morale in the team, plain dumb to get rid of Bez; signed the only manager we spoke to who was unemployed, there is a reason for that; and then destroy the locker room, the morale isnt possible to be high with all the stupidity of Manning, we get rid of Vazquez, Van Der Wiel, and Giovinco; and only sign Ciman(we all know he is here for his daughter, he will be complacent) and De Leon, sorry this team is in full rebuild to only hear that we only needed a few signings
    This...Jozy may be next to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I just blew cash on seasons for all of this.... this has now become a waste...
    Surprised no way MLSE knows how to screw fans ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright lets get Chicharito in tomorrow and all is forgiven.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met Seba in Rome, at the airport. We were on the same flight, and when I said great game last light (For Italy), he said, “watch me tonight, I will give you something more”. For me, he is the face of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Alright lets get Chicharito in tomorrow and all is forgiven.
    That would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting word Toronto FC has acquired @TBoyd91 from Darmstadt in German second flight. Awaiting additional details or any official word. #tfc #mls

That to me seems like a very underwhelming replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a joke, no way he comes close to Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way we'll ever get the same type of player at the same level as Seba. Twas a time to be alive.