Page 53 of 191 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Their pockets may not be as deep
    From what I see this Haslam guy is worth $2.7B. I think he can afford to drop a few DP bucks into that franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Unfortunately we will never know the official reason behind why Bez left but there was speculation was that MLSE was taking money from TFC's budget and were using it for the Leafs and Raptors....but again thats speculation.
    speculation from where...so save the money on gio and jozy and pay marner and matthews. i heard speculation that we are not signing jozy and seba because we are making a bid for messi and ronaldo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ve signed Okello from the academy. Let’s hope he pans out. We’d have our own homegrown Yaya Toure (the MLS version, haha)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 roster spots still open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His overall game is better than Fraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately we will never know the official reason behind why Bez left but there was speculation was that MLSE was taking money from TFC's budget and were using it for the Leafs and Raptors....but again thats speculation.
    I'm really curious where was this speculation from? I've not heard that before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some info from TFC training camp. Apparently yesterday, Vanney got into it with GVW during training. Said something along the lines of “ You need to try harder, and show some respect to your teammates.” GVW told him shut up and coach. Vanney responded by saying “instead of pouting, why don’t try and give 30% this season?” Gregory told him he will be fired before the end of this season.

TFC sent him home. Vanney told the team the next day that someone is missing. He has an attitude problem, and it will be dealt with.

This doesn’t shock me. I heard something along the lines of this last year, but he got into it with Bradley. His contract is to big to move. Maybe a candidate to a buy out next season?
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 01-22-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well to go back on topic regarding this, if MLSE are in fact planning on BMO expansion then the absolute dumbest move in a city like Toronto is to sell off the stars and run cheap for the next 3-4 years so attendance can drop like it did in 2011/12. And then expand the stadium. Unless of course they're feeling nostalgic about the 'roll back to year one prices' campaign.
    The more I think about it, the more I believe that the club direction will hinge on the CCL results. If TFC manages to win the CCL, then I see the front office holding on to the DPs until after the Club World Cup is finished to try and build a narrative of "Greatest MLS team ever", which I think the DPs wouldn't mind as it would increase their trade value/salary demands with other clubs. If TFC doesn't win CCL, then I imagine front office will move Jozy (and maybe Seba) in the summer transfer window to European club. MB is too old now to have any value over the pond and I think they will want him around to ensure that TFC's team character is bred to the bone through his leadership and example as a TAM signing. Right now I think he is worth about as much as DeGuzman was ($1.5 million?), which is doable under TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just got some info from TFC training camp. Apparently yesterday, Vanney got into it with GVW during training. Said something along the lines of “ You need to try harder, and show some respect to your teammates.” GVW told him shut up and coach. Vanney responded by saying “instead of pouting, why don’t try and give 30% this season?” Gregory told him he will be fired before the end of this season.

TFC sent him home. Vanney told the team the next day that someone is missing. He has an attitude problem, and it will be dealt with.

This doesn’t shock me. I heard something along the lines of this last year, but he got into it with Bradley. His contract is to big to move. Maybe a candidate to a buy out next season?
    Holy crap... You'd expect better from both of them. That's some petty bullshit. GVW on the trade block for sure now.

Also: This is more fuel for the argument that this club is internally unstable.
    Last edited by portu; 01-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit that sucks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GvdW problems, if true, also suck because there's a connection between him, his wife, Chris Mavinga & family (they've travelled together, gone to Lakers games together, etc.) and now also Ciman.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If true, this is Toronto FC returning to being Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true, you cannot have this. vdW would have go, whatever the cost, prior to January 31. Which is probably what vdW wanted to begin with. If true.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it with a grain of salt, but if that's true this season is toast. Bez leaving, VV cashing out, Seba/Altidore unhappy, and perhaps Vanney has lost the room.

What the fuck. Maybe this team got unfairly ripped by upper management for last year and everyone's really sour about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking News: Coach and Player yell at one another

TFC Supporters:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, but if that's true this season is toast. Bez leaving, VV cashing out, Seba/Altidore unhappy, and perhaps Vanney has lost the room.
    No. It all depends.

Leicester's pre season in their fairy tale season was FAR worse.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

source ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t sound particularly great. That said, I think guys need to be held accountable. And there have been inklings certain members of this team think VDW is capable of more than he’s been doing.

That Tiebert goal is my definitive image of VDW for the last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a recurring problem then GVW will be dealt with accordingly. If its a one off, it can be improved and salvaged.
    We dont know the context and hopefully it was a moment of idiotic temper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That Tiebert goal is my definitive image of VDW for the last season.
    Was that the one where he fell on his butt and just sat there?

Regardless I hope this is true and he is out because he is a loafer. As bad or worse a signing than Aketxe. We can thank Bez for his albatross contract too. Buyout away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Breaking News: Coach and Player yell at one another

TFC Supporters:

Big difference between yelling and yelling that someone's going to lose their job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Big difference between yelling and yelling that someone's going to lose their job.
    To be fair if his job depends on the work rates of guys like VDW then he's done for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to feel none of these signings this year have significantly improved our team; yes we signed Ciman but I think it's more beneficial to him then us as he gets healthcare for his child
    Last edited by gracos; 01-22-2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Autocorrect on smartphone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I’m buying this GVW story just yet. Pretty sure I noticed that he was at the Golden State/Lakers game presumably with Mavinga last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    His overall game is better than Fraser.
    Fraser is too slow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Not sure I’m buying this GVW story just yet. Pretty sure I noticed that he was at the Golden State/Lakers game presumably with Mavinga last night.
    Yes they were both there, 7:30pm local time. But I would guess TFC generally doesn't train in the evening and the players are free to do what they want.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a guy who has been sent home goes to a Lakers game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Leafs do not need any money. they have far more than they can spend under the cap. Raptors is more complicated but its hard to believe there either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

What the fuck. Maybe this team got unfairly ripped by upper management for last year and everyone's really sour about it.
    I had the sense last year that VdW wasn't a complete positive but we will see. If it is true i do not think that can be extrapolated to others; it also might be a false rumour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The Leafs do not need any money. they have far more than they can spend under the cap. Raptors is more complicated but its hard to believe there either.
    Any narrative about the Leafs or Raptors relating to TFC is ridiculous.

The Raps payroll this year is $140M, the cap is $100M, and they are set to pay $35M in luxury tax. If you are an MLSE exec, to even mention TFC’s DPs in any conversation about that Raps budget would get you fired. It’d be the equivalent of pointing out that you could save money for your new car by cancelling your newspaper subscription.

It’s not relevant.