Page 67 of 191 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Edit: well, that should settle that. Now let's focus on who we can get with all that TAM...
    Last edited by Jack; 01-25-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Edit: well, that should settle that. Now let's focus on who we can get with all that TAM...
    Settle what?

This is Pique's tweet before Neymar transferred to PSG

https://twitter.com/3gerardpique/sta...27585137385472

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we all take a minute and step back. For everyone buying and feeding into the rumours we are becoming part of the problem and not the solution.

Like Jack said let's focus on who we can get with all that TAM...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is it. Can't be bothered worrying about who stays and who goes, lock room chaos theories, and penny pinching rumors.

Let's just get some TAM and some solid depth players in here so we have a legit full squad, which we do not right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Difference between a professional and a player.
    Please spare us. Bradley would still be in Serie A, if it were not for the 6 odd million. Seba is the best player TFC has had, he is the quintessential professional.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Please spare us. Bradley would still be in Serie A, if it were not for the 6 odd million. Seba is the best player TFC has had, he is the quintessential professional.
    He is definitely the best player in TFC history but that's different than being professional. Professionals don't start bringing up their contracts, mid season, starting a few years before they end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s not split hairs here. They’re allowed to make their case for a new deal and management is permitted to take a wait-and-see approach given the circumstances.

As for Bradley’s silence vs. Giovinco / Altidore’s campaigning. Is any of that shocking when you compare their personalities? You mean the strikers up front are a little more reactionary while the guy protecting the back line is more methodical? Not shocking. Those personality traits are pretty typical for each role.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He is definitely the best player in TFC history but that's different than being professional. Professionals don't start bringing up their contracts, mid season, starting a few years before they end.
    Like DeRo's cheque signing incident?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

203 lads have suited up for the Reds in the clubs season of playing, expecting at least 10 or more to be added to that number this season. As we have seen this week, people come and go. It will be no different with Seba and Jozy, it's all part of supporting our lads. At the end of the day it's about the 11 men on the pitch, if it's the right or wrong ones, only time will decide.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    203 lads have suited up for the Reds in the clubs season of playing, expecting at least 10 or more to be added to that number this season. As we have seen this week, people come and go. It will be no different with Seba and Jozy, it's all part of supporting our lads. At the end of the day it's about the 11 men on the pitch, if it's the right or wrong ones, only time will decide.
    yes . yes and yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In hindsight we should have paid DeRo, especially if we consider what Mista was making and how DeRo went on to perform well for DC/RBNY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this could be Jordan Hamilton year to shine and put TFC on the map again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://es.pn/2TedxEv

Terrence Boyd is being linked. 27, and a couple major injuries. He does though have impressive goals per minutes played. Scored 38 goals in 80 games in the Austrian league a few seasons ago. Wouldn’t use our allocation ranking to get him. I’ll say this. I’d rate him over ricketts.

Btw, just remembered I read the transcript from Curtis after we traded the 1st overall spot in the allocation rankings. He said he might not use it till the summer time.
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 01-25-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It is different for Seba and Jozy. Watch the winning goal in the 2017 MLS Cup final again and tell me they are no different than Dan Gargan or Reggie Lambe leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post

Terrence Boyd is being linked. 27, and a couple major injuries. He does though have impressive goals per minutes played. Scored 38 goals in 80 games in the Austrian league a few seasons ago. Wouldn’t use our allocation ranking to get him. I’ll say this. I’d rate him over ricketts.

Btw, just remembered I read the transcript from Curtis after we traded the 1st overall spot in the allocation rankings. He said he might not use it till the summer time.
    Not the worst idea for a backup striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article says hes not subject to the allocation order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It is different for Seba and Jozy. Watch the winning goal in the 2017 MLS Cup final again and tell me they are no different than Dan Gargan or Reggie Lambe leaving.
    This. If management screws this up, I for one am going to yell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well most stuff will get you a level beyond Ricketts. Not terribly inspiring, i’ll say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The article says hes not subject to the allocation order
    If we were to purchase a player that is not in the allocation order, do we still retain our allocation slot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thought about Seba:

If we want to try to read between the lines of his comments, about how he wants to 'secure his future,' sure, that could be about money, but I think there's a good possibility that's it's actually about residency issues. Maybe he really wants to keep his family in Toronto, and wouldn't that mean they have to live here and he has to keep working here for 5 years straight to apply for PR status?

I mean, this isn't a VV situation where he's looking for one big final payout to support his family for the rest of his life; Seba is already loaded. It's more that his daughter was born here, and his son is in school here, and they just bought a huge house (and he also bought a farm or something?). Anyway, I would be more inclined to think it's those things rather than just money.

All that being said, his agent has already pulled some questionably unprofessional stuff in the past; if all this stuff about the Saudi club is true, then he's just been promoted to undoubtable, absolute, Grade A asshole.

But I'll try keep him separate in my mind from Seba.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives thinks that Cincinnati made a really bad deal for Hagglund. (Or looking at it from the other side, TFC made out like bandits).
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/socce...x1idp0fh46ohfq

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely fantastic podcast with kj and steven caldwell.
    https://soundcloud.com/afootballpodc...-left-the-reds

they have an interview with greg vanney, in the interview the gregfather talks about VV. he explains everything why he left. it makes perfect sense.
    I had actually figured it out a few days before this interview by reading an article in footy talks but I never posted it here.
    basically VV was a steal he was vastly underpaid. he was a dp making tam money.
    if i remember correctly he made around $1M for 2017 and he was worth really close to what jozy and seba made that year.
    we beat the system that year by the steal got with VV. will probably never get a steal like that again
    then they talk about Janson, they echo my sentiments. they would not bring him back, saying he was ok player but nothing great.
    that is what i always thought about him, he couldn't seem to score, he was invisible a lot of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV was like winning the lottery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding GVW, he was vastly overpaid. also the RB position is not worth $850K USD.
    you only have a certain amount of money to spend on your other players (other players meaning those players other than the 3 dp's)
    you have to be really smart and get good value for your money. GVW was not good value at all.

on another note: ali curtis has had 3 major moves so far:
    1) he did the right thing by letting VV go, the gregfather in the kj and caldwell podcast said they didn't have to let him go, they could have forced him to stay, but that would have been mean
    2) amazing deal with hagglund
    3) GVW gone

so far so good from the new guy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Not signing Seba to along term deal is very disappointing. It took years for me, and many others, to return to the fold after a decade of utter mediocrity. Sorry, but Delgado, Osorio, Morrow, Chapman, are not going to fill all the empty seats at BMO this season
    That philosophy has been here for a while , I don’t think Manning is a ‘fans’ mgr and I don’t think he has a feel for Toronto and what sports fans here demand . His taste in beer is crap . DP’s or not , how can a team function this year .Bradley will not win any games for us , Our other DP’s are too self centred to really meld a team . In the league we are digging a hole as a one shot wonder ? We can’t bring in players now for the CCL , it’s late and what kind of long term plan is that ? I feel very disrespected as a fan . No one speaks , no fan communication. One would hope this sense of hopelessness is not in the locker room ...right ? What bugs me is this was easy to see a while back and yet nothing was done , arrogance everywhere ......and teams killed us for it . How long ? If I see one game where We are either behind or ahead by a goal and Vanney subs a defender for a defender again .......this team needs to loosen its reigns and find some lightening .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of all that I say if we never get Bradley back then, we would have won nothing. Culture over simple talent.

Actually probably would have still won VC but that's it.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 01-26-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be real honest here: Manning is proven small market winner like Kevin Payne (there's a reason why Tim Leiweke got rid of him). He got no experience in big market where buying talent is option. I knew when Tim Leiweke left, management was going to screw things up with their small market ways and looks like they're doing a good job. TFC needs someone like Tim Leiweke to run this club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning only worked at the Philadelphia Eagles for 4 years as VP of sales so what does he know of big towns....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are seriously shelling Manning? Jesus, people, he delivered a championship +++.

Manning is fine.

In my book he does get real points docked for the Seba/Jozy thing, he should have seen this coming and known that just dribbling the ball at center court wouldn’t work, but he never had a good move, everybody is kind in an impossible situation there. We cannot know enough to really evaluate this one yet, it'll have to wait.

If he owns vdW and Aketxe and muffing the DP endgame and the weak academy, well, he owns getting the best out of the DPs when it mattered, moving Will Johnson to get Vazquez, and Moor and Mavinga and Irwin and signing Beita, and sticking with and re-signing Osorio, and getting/developing a whole raft of depth pieces that delivered in the clutch (Ricketts, Hasler, Hagglund, Zavaleta, Delgado)

He is not getting enough love for ripping Cincinnati's face off in the Hagglund trade.

He has a very good track record here. No reason for fundamental questions.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-26-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our DPs are too "self centered?" Give me a break. We won an MLS Cup and a Supporters Shield with them.