Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
I am more than OK with it.

If you were in the middle of a critical project at work, and you worked in a profession with significant injury risk, and someone offered you an extra 6 million euros to leave, and there is no assurance that that deal will be there in a few months, but taking it meant that you would be leaving everyone you worked with in the lurch in a terrible spot ... really? You would stay?

I would leave everyone in the lurch.

It's just a job.

Sports is a cruel business all around.
The “honouring a contract” thing is a bit of red herring. One side is telling the truth here; either there’s a release clause or there isn’t. Seems pretty clear to me.

If the player/agent are right, I don’t see an issue with wanting a big payday. It’s going to be impossible to lure players from good sides in Europe if their only desires are sporting considerations and non-financial ambition.

Sucks for Genk in that case, but business is business.

No one faulted VV for playing like shit in Mexico because he hated it there. No one is going to fault this guy when he starts banging them in here.

I’m not saying this guy is like Ballo, but look how shit Ballotelli was after Favre left and they blocked his transfers. If Genk want him to stay even after they’ve poisoned the well, they must have a lot of confidence in his professionalism.