Page 111 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    "Future generations"

I'm crying hahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    From the same person who broke the VDW thing, he told me last week, there was a chance he might go back to training with the team. I just don’t understand how you can let him. I know you probably can’t get rid of him cause of his salary, but bringing him back gives off such a shit message to the rest of the team.
    Maybe with TFC II?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Maybe with TFC II?
    You know, VDW may be innocent, that Vanney, and not him, was to blame for the argument and fight. I would rather have a VDW playing at his best, on this team, than a manager who may be losing control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    You know, VDW may be innocent, that Vanney, and not him, was to blame for the argument and fight. I would rather have a VDW playing at his best, on this team, than a manager who may be losing control.
    I would be perfectly fine if they got rid of Vanney and brought someone else in tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the problem was a conflict between vdW and Giovinco and now that one ship has sailed (and no takers for the ship you still have under contract) time to make the best of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so now the manager who turned our franchise around, who also won CCF manager of the year, is the problem and the guy who has almost 2 decades of poor attitude and laziness is the answer to our problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Okay so now the manager who turned our franchise around, who also won CCF manager of the year, is the problem and the guy who has almost 2 decades of poor attitude and laziness is the answer to our problems.
    Bingo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever thought the players made him look good? Playing players out of position and his substitutions were always suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what formation do we play with our current squad ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on really bring this idiot back VDW? Like it has been mentioned the guy has a history of being a shit disturber wherever he has gone , please get rid of this guy already I’d rather play a young academy kid than this donkey !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no ill feelings towards VDW but this quote shows a problem with attitude to me, “Unfortunately Year Two will never come due to differences with the coaching staff. I just want to win and do that no matter what the consequences are. I guess that mentality was a little too much for them and they decided they do not need me for this season. Teammates and fans, I will miss you guys. All the best.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you truly believe VDW would be permitted to train in Downsview, wearing a TFC shirt, if he alone, was responsible for that skirmish? Lots of speculation surrounding this event, but no argument is a one sided affair. I didn’t say we should dump the manager, at least the one that we know. However, if Vanney is losing the room, and went after VDW for stupid reasons, he should be shown the door. After all, and notwithstanding all the injuries, he did manage a team that lost 18 MLS games last year.

VDW is a pain in the ass. But, when focussed, he is a better defender than virtually anyone on the team (except Mavinga).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dare you to spend 5 minutes with the Instagram account of vdW's wife Rose Bertram and not find it in your heart to give hubby a second chance at the squad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1.

But my god, why are we bringing him back to camp? Doubt that was Vanney’s call.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This is more then a transition, this is an entire systemized revamp of the way this franchise operates as a whole. As I've stated before, spending a 100 million on Bradley, Giovinco, Altidore and Defoe is not a sustainable model and our - 10 million in operating income (according to Forbes) and minimal TV growth has probably lead TFC to changing it's direction.

We bought our selves a ring with Maple Leafs and Raptors money (it's true) and we need to develop more talent at the grass roots level. This team has developed one starting calibre player in it's history and they were just embarrassed by a USL squad. The system is flawed. There is no predictable model/system for developing talent.

This team needs to find/develop/acquire Miazga, Osorio, Janson, Alberth Elis, Zimmerman tier players without spending a fortune and they need to do it consistently.

It comes down to developing a top academy and buying lots of players when they are young.

This how I see the model moving forward.

X amount of money into the acedemy to graduate 2 new players per season.
    X amount of money into buying top tier young talent (spend big on transfer fees, low on salary, i.e.: De Rossi, Almiron, Kaku)
    X amount of money into buying middle tier young talent (Mavinga, Urruti, Laba)
    X amount of money into buying lower tier young talent (Auro Jr)

They will likely only spend big on a Giovinco or Carlos Vela type player; when a foundation is set and we are aiming for a championship, which we are not right now.

For those that think we can't operate like a big club (like Chelsea) "buys Miazga, build his values, sells" Toronto will do this on a small scale level, I guarantee it.

How do I know? Because that is literally the next level in MLS evolution. They want to be a top league in the world by 2022 and this is how you do it. The numbers won't be 70 million on transfer fees but we're going to get involved hard in recruiting and competing for top young talent to buy and sell as well as pour money into the academy. We're going to build strategic and long lasting partnerships with top South American clubs.

If anyone is suspecting them to buy 3 players above 26 years old in the prime of there career, you're wrong. Manning said the supposed signing will make sense to those that understand soccer aka the economics behind sustainability.
    So I guess they’re good with attendance dropping to approx 13000/ once people (next) year simply don’t renew and forget about the casual fan only attending the ‘ trending’ sports event .......raising prices where it is expensive to bring your family . If kids aren’t interested ( Seba brought them in ) ...no matter how much we or many here understand or love soccer ....TO is a ‘star’ city when it comes to successful sports attendance . Like it or not . Real Salt Lake would not be that profitable here . We do not have a big city mgmt , right now . Someone tell me why a ‘talented’ player even wants to come here as DP ? In Atlanta Martinez and Almiron came because of the past mgrs ideology and reputation . Here ? In ten years Our academy is reeling , sorry but we should have seen all of this last year .....others did .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is an excellent coach. However certain people who disliked him at first can't possibly admit that they are wrong and will instead spin the ridiculous yarn that a "crap manager" somehow won the triple only due to the DPs, that strategy, man management, training, etc. had absolutely zero to do with winning, in fact he failed in ALL of those but our DPs were so super amazing that they overcame the liability of said manager, and even fooled journalists and CONCACAF (who made him the first American to win "coach of the year") because they made him look so good.

Yep, sounds like a fairy tale to me even as I write it.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Vanney has to prove himself again this year. I sure as shit am not throwing my backing behind VDW whos had how many new teams in how many years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney stated he wants no distractions and I hope him in training is to try and get a potential suitor. Otherwise if it's a forced "kiss and make-up", he is all but done as a manager with this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VDW is training in Toronto at the Kia grounds right? If so, he isn't with the team so who cares? We're obviously letting him stay in shape so he is easier to move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney is an excellent coach. However certain people who disliked him at first can't possibly admit that they are wrong and will instead spin the ridiculous yarn that a "crap manager" somehow won the triple only due to the DPs, that strategy, man management, training, etc. had absolutely zero to do with winning, in fact he failed in ALL of those but our DPs were so super amazing that they overcame the liability of said manager, and even fooled journalists and CONCACAF (who made him the first American to win "coach of the year") because they made him look so good.

I was the guy who started the 'Vanney Out' thread a few years ago and I led the charge against him for a little over a year. However I admitted I was wrong, gave him another chance, and the rest is history. Also, I don't care if Vanney chased VDW down to cause that spat. He deserves it. He loafed a whole season and 100% wasted that TAM spot. If anything is Vanney's fault , it's taking until this pre-season to confront VDW. This should have happened during the Whitecaps match last fall. If anyone can watch that match back and say VDW can help us and is a solid TAM player then I don't know what to say to you but you're crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm okay if people aren't sold on Vanney. They are entitled to their opinion and it's not entirely back-and-white either.

What I take issue with is disparaging everything the guy does as what seems to be a matter of principle. He could untie some granny from the tracks in the face on an oncoming train and we would somehow overlook that and speculate this recent cold snap was caused by having Zavaleta on the game-day roster.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 02-04-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you truly believe VDW would be permitted to train in Downsview, wearing a TFC shirt, if he alone, was responsible for that skirmish? Lots of speculation surrounding this event, but no argument is a one sided affair. I didn’t say we should dump the manager, at least the one that we know. However, if Vanney is losing the room, and went after VDW for stupid reasons, he should be shown the door. After all, and notwithstanding all the injuries, he did manage a team that lost 18 MLS games last year.

VDW is a pain in the ass. But, when focussed, he is a better defender than virtually anyone on the team (except Mavinga).
    Umm... yes? I mean, it is usually apart of the contract even. He is signed with us and we have to give him the facilities to train and keep professionally fit for his career. Or else you can be held liable for damaging his ability to play and find a new club. Players are sent to train with the reserves/academy or by themselves all the time. They aren't banned from using club facilities or club branded shirts. Victor Valdes actively tried to turn the squad against van Gaal and was banished to the reserves and banned from using the facilities at the same time as the first team. He was still allowed to use them though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is clearly the best coach that we have had. But, he struggled last season, and made some stupid decisions regarding player selection for those Spring MLS games, which he forfeited. So, he and VDW get into a fight. VDW is sent packing. Then Victor, then Seba. In the midst of this, we need a coach with composure, with a cool head. Getting rid of an adversary can sometimes send the wrong message.
    Without knowing what happened, it is hard to put 100% blame on VDW. It is not, as I have said, a contest between a pain in the ass player, and the worlds greatest coach, as the latter also has a lot to prove this year. If I were the new manager, I would ask these two to shake hands, and show the supporters that the #1 priority is to bring back a winning team.
    And, I doubt TFC would allow VDW to use the facilities if they were bent on moving him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Umm... yes? I mean, it is usually apart of the contract even. He is signed with us and we have to give him the facilities to train and keep professionally fit for his career. Or else you can be held liable for damaging his ability to play and find a new club. Players are sent to train with the reserves/academy or by themselves all the time. They aren't banned from using club facilities or club branded shirts. Victor Valdes actively tried to turn the squad against van Gaal and was banished to the reserves and banned from using the facilities at the same time as the first team. He was still allowed to use them though.
    Time, will tell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we please sign somebody and get this silly season of negative news out of the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the guy who started the 'Vanney Out' thread a few years ago and I led the charge against him for a little over a year. However I admitted I was wrong, gave him another chance, and the rest is history. Also, I don't care if Vanney chased VDW down to cause that spat. He deserves it. He loafed a whole season and 100% wasted that TAM spot. If anything is Vanney's fault , it's taking until this pre-season to confront VDW. This should have happened during the Whitecaps match last fall. If anyone can watch that match back and say VDW can help us and is a solid TAM player then I don't know what to say to you but you're crazy.
    Me too. I can’t believe anyone possibly saying after wining the MLS Cup, the Supporters Shield etc that he hasn’t earned it. Although it is a sport of what have you done for me lately...

Bringing VdW back now would seriously undercut Vanney. They need to get rid of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Me too. I can’t believe anyone possibly saying after wining the MLS Cup, the Supporters Shield etc that he hasn’t earned it. Although it is a sport of what have you done for me lately...

Bringing VdW back now would seriously undercut Vanney. They need to get rid of him.
    Why get rid of him? None of us have a clue what happened between them. Players and coaches have been yelling at each other for years. If VDW can channel his energy and attention towards his game, he could be one of the top defenders in the league. After all, everybody knew about his character, before he was signed. Is Vanney that thin skinned that he places his pride ahead of the team? If we learn the reasons for the fight, and it was clearly VDWs fault, so be it, but we don’t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why get rid of him? None of us have a clue what happened between them. Players and coaches have been yelling at each other for years. If VDW can channel his energy and attention towards his game, he could be one of the top defenders in the league. After all, everybody knew about his character, before he was signed. Is Vanney that thin skinned that he places his pride ahead of the team? If we learn the reasons for the fight, and it was clearly VDWs fault, so be it, but we don’t.
    He showed absolutely nothing the whole season to prove he is an above average MLS player much less a TAM level player. I don't care about 'could be' if 'focused'. He had a year to show something and he showed nothing. I'm not even on about his attitude, just his play and overall laziness. For that alone he needed to be called out by somebody. His inclusion is as shit to the starting XI as Zavaleta's is/was. Both hopeless for different reasons.

Edit - and if I had to pick I would take Zavaleta over him and that's saying something. He is better than Zavaleta sure but not 3 times the wages better and at least Zavaleta is watching the play and tries. Allowing some fool like VDW to trot around like it's a pick up game on a warm Sunday afternoon is the kind of shit manager move that brings results like last year. Let him go back to making clothes. It's more his speed.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-04-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC publicly said he is done as a member of the team. How do you turn that around?