Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    This isn't accurate.
    So what is accurate?

I haven't heard anything about MLSE doing further BMO expansion for TFC. From what I remember it was a 3 phase reno and we completed #3 with the lids. If you have some other info let's hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So what is accurate?

I haven't heard anything about MLSE doing further BMO expansion for TFC. From what I remember it was a 3 phase reno and we completed #3 with the lids. If you have some other info let's hear it.
    The public is the last to know about anything a business is planning to do. So you not knowing doesn't mean much. It's not like when a business makes plans to do something, they whip it up in a day and then tell the world at noon eh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The public is the last to know about anything a business is planning to do. So you not knowing doesn't mean much. It's not like when a business makes plans to do something, they whip it up in a day and then tell the world at noon eh?
    Usually when you say something someone says is inaccurate you would point out what is accurate so the rest of us will know. Since you decided to just lay out a vague statement on how business operates I figure you know about as much on this expansion as the rest of us do on how Manning & Curtis will address our roster issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually when you say something someone says is inaccurate you would point out what is accurate so the rest of us will know. Since you decided to just lay out a vague statement on how business operates I figure you know about as much on this expansion as the rest of us do on how Manning & Curtis will address our roster issues.
    I like what I do for work, so no, I won't. Feel free to think what you want dude. Anyways, this is wildly off-topic so I'm good here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what I do for work, so no, I won't. Feel free to think what you want dude. Anyways, this is wildly off-topic so I'm good here.
    Well to go back on topic regarding this, if MLSE are in fact planning on BMO expansion then the absolute dumbest move in a city like Toronto is to sell off the stars and run cheap for the next 3-4 years so attendance can drop like it did in 2011/12. And then expand the stadium. Unless of course they're feeling nostalgic about the 'roll back to year one prices' campaign.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    I don't like the way this is being handled at all. What is Manning playing at? He chased out Bez so he could bring in a puppet like Curtis.
    Add to that the fact he has done shit all this off- season I'm very worried about this year.. esp with CCL
    Ummm... he didn't "chase out" Bez.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe keep the innuendo to yourself then if you can't actually answer the question (whether it's because you don't actually know or because you leaking it would get you in trouble doesn't matter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RPB message board is imploding into civil war. The TFC front office needs to get out ahead of this Jozy/Giovinco thing before we kill each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The RPB message board is imploding into civil war. The TFC front office needs to get out ahead of this Jozy/Giovinco thing before we kill each other.
    Sorry if I started the war, just find it funny if the DPs arent part of our plans we arent actively shopping them around, just hope these issue resolve before start of CCL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Ummm... he didn't "chase out" Bez.
    Sure. Bez just left for Columbus because that's a natural step up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. Bez just left for Columbus because that's a natural step up.
    It was. He is the president there. Manning was here and looks to be for a while.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Winter Survival tip - do what Canary10 did and keep your tongue firmly in your cheek as against attached to a lampost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Winter Survival tip - do what Canary10 did and keep your tongue firmly in your cheek as against attached to a lampost.
    Yes, some actual news would be welcome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't part of him leaving NYRB and his fight with Marsch about spending on higher priced players? As in he wanted to spend and Marsch didn't and the NYRB brass sided with Marsch and his plan instead?
    Curtis drove NYRB's transition away from DPs and towards the academy. What exactly happened at the end is a mystery.

https://nyti.ms/2lc7oZa?smid=nytcore-ios-share
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Thanks for posting. sniff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Google reverse image search shows he's joining Al-Arabi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So Google reverse image search shows he's joining Al-Arabi
    The manager of that club, hired a month ago, is the longtime Iceland MNT coach who is a dentist. He had apparently been talking to the Whitecaps...

He is the 18th manager in 8 years.

https://www.gulf-times.com/story/616...r-is-the-place
    Last edited by ensco; 01-21-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google translate version of the Vasquez picture article
    Al Arabi announced today that it has signed striker Victor Vasquez of the Canadian club, who plays in the American league for a season and a half to support the first team of football club in the next phase. The player signed the contract to join the Arab this evening, in the presence of His Excellency Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad bin Jabor al-Thani, president of the club. Vasquez began his career at FC Barcelona before moving between Belgium, Mexico and North America. Vázquez, 32, played in Barcelona's youth teams between 1998 and 2005 and was promoted to the second reserve team in 2005 and then the first runner-up in 2006 before joining the club between 2008 and 2010. He then moved to Bruges (2011-2015) and Mexico's Cruz Azul (2016) And the Canadian Toronto Co-League (2017).
    So he's there until June 2020 it seems
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-21-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexis MacAllister sold to Brighton. $8MMish USD.
    bit off topic, how will this lad get a work permit, isn't it usually difficult for south americans to get work permits in England esp if they aren't full internationals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    bit off topic, how will this lad get a work permit, isn't it usually difficult for south americans to get work permits in England esp if they aren't full internationals
    They've sent him back to Argentina on loan till the summer. Not sure if they will get him a loan in Spain for next season or try that special talent application for a work permit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Would have to pass exceptions panel because of no international experience. He'll prob go out on loan again once he's back from Argentinos.

Good scouting work from the club, we were on the guy before anyone else really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Would have to pass exceptions panel because of no international experience. He'll prob go out on loan again once he's back from Argentinos.

Good scouting work from the club, we were on the guy before anyone else really.
    This is a good point. Around the time TFC were linked he hadn't really broken out and his brother was seen to be the more highly rated of the Mac Allisters at Argentinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The manager of that club, hired a month ago, is the longtime Iceland MNT coach who is a dentist. He had apparently been talking to the Whitecaps...

He is the 18th manager in 8 years.

https://www.gulf-times.com/story/616...r-is-the-place
    In other words, he didn't go for the draw of playing with Xavi. Hope the money was really good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was. He is the president there. Manning was here and looks to be for a while.
    I dunno man. President of Columbus.. after achieving what he had the past 4 years here in Toronto. I dont think he'd have left if Manning didn't want something to change up (budget, DPs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I dunno man. President of Columbus.. after achieving what he had the past 4 years here in Toronto. I dont think he'd have left if Manning didn't want something to change up (budget, DPs).
    Unfortunately we will never know the official reason behind why Bez left but there was speculation was that MLSE was taking money from TFC's budget and were using it for the Leafs and Raptors....but again thats speculation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It matters if he had the desire to be president and oversee the whole team's operations. With the new stadium and wealthy ownership it's almost like a new team and it will be all his to control and they weren't bad to begin with. There's a solid base there. Doesn't hurt that it just happens to be within driving distance from his house either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its only for 18 months,VV can retire and decide where he wants to coach - there with Xavi, in Belgium, in Spain or even here. I would not be surprised if Vasquez eventually comes back for a year or two some time next decade.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It matters if he had the desire to be president and oversee the whole team's operations. With the new stadium and wealthy ownership it's almost like a new team and it will be all his to control and they weren't bad to begin with. There's a solid base there. Doesn't hurt that it just happens to be within driving distance from his house either.
    It's funny because I see people ragging on the situation and implying that leaving Toronto and going to Columbus as if it's a step down. He's a president of an MLS club, one that is about to build a stadium and one that has more history of success than us. Their pockets may not be as deep, but it's still a better role than what he had in Toronto. He's the top guy and he's doing it close to home. Seems like a good career move to me.