Page 170 of 191 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Last season, Mavinga played hurt most games, but even then, he never made the glaring mistakes that I saw this week.
    Which makes you wonder exactly how drilled the whole team is with this new system when it looked like no one knew where to be or where to go, including CBs & Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I hope we keep him but I don’t see him much differently than I saw Gio: a player that is by definition unsettled and needs to be signed or moved now. Not later.

We we will be FC Altidore in the summer, guaranteed, if we do nothing.
    No one seems to have picked up on this but it’s important and I hope not prescient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    No one seems to have picked up on this but it’s important and I hope not prescient.
    Jozy seems to be a lot more laid back about his contract than Giovinco was. Jozy knows he will get a deal in Mexico or at another MLS team, especially with expansion next year. Giovinco started up about his contract more than 2 years before it expired and was always angered over not getting an offer and he clearly took it personally. Jozy just seems like he doesn't care. He knows he will be somewhere and he already has experience in being all over the place so it's not a big deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^He cared enough to almost say he thought he was gone after the final game last October, and to do an interview in California with Gio where he expressed frustration with his contract situation
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali Curtis speciality is the supporter open house soon after the fan base gets bad news - so its a shame he can't make the one tonight because of this:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anybody is there tonight, would appreciate understanding the context of that statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If anybody is there tonight, would appreciate understanding the context of that statement.
    X2. Me too!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there we have the first admittance of Beitashour being a mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali Curtis speciality is the supporter open house soon after the fan base gets bad news - so its a shame he can't make the one tonight because of this:

That is a long & slow signing session!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there we have the first admittance of Beitashour being a mistake

He’ll pin it on Bez
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa did not know Defoe cost 17M, getting a swap with Altidore was genius work by Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t think we’ll be beating the transfer fee record this window....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reported figures at the time were 10M USD each so I suppose hes conflating currencys. What was 20M USD in CAD at that time?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genk wanted someone on the ground there. Decision should be made by Monday.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    This has been a concern for me for a while now. I believe Vanney is intelligent and a student of the game and thats why I have faith in him most times. But I seriously wonder if he motivates at all. Every video of player interaction, or interview I feel like falling asleep when I listen to him. Do not doubt for a second the effect a motivational speaker does for the mood and desire to win.
    He knows his x's and o's, hes a good tactician and would make a good assistant. But he just doesn't have the fire to motivate these grown men and that jobs fallen on Bradley the last few years. I've always felt that Vanney couldn't go toe to toe with the DPs (particularly Bradley and Seba) and it's only gotten worse with a losing squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is if they don't sort out Altidore and Bradley's contract situation now then we get a second disruption next year & this "rebuilding" season takes two years. Bradley as much as he says the right things about staying focussed and not letting the contract get in his way...needs to be sorted out. I'd bet that a deal as 2 Years DP + 1 TAM year and a coaching position after that would be brilliant to solidify him. I'd offer Altidore a 3 year DP deal with a buy out clause after yr 2.

I don't think that it is a good plan to have all three DP's have their contract expire in the same season. You need a transition plan. I hate the Toronto idea of a "rebuilding" season... it justifies not competing every season & big clubs need to do that. We need to be near the top every season...no excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The problem is if they don't sort out Altidore and Bradley's contract situation now then we get a second disruption next year & this "rebuilding" season takes two years. Bradley as much as he says the right things about staying focussed and not letting the contract get in his way...needs to be sorted out. I'd bet that a deal as 2 Years DP + 1 TAM year and a coaching position after that would be brilliant to solidify him. I'd offer Altidore a 3 year DP deal with a buy out clause after yr 2.

I don't think that it is a good plan to have all three DP's have their contract expire in the same season. You need a transition plan. I hate the Toronto idea of a "rebuilding" season... it justifies not competing every season & big clubs need to do that. We need to be near the top every season...no excuses.
    They love excuses. I knew not signing Beitashour was going to haunt them. I mean was his production soooo bad that they could not give him like that 150K extra he wanted? Was VdW suppose to be that much better? Didn't realize that his position was the problem when he was here. This was an absolute stupid move by TFC...almost racist like in a way. Look at who Vanney plays vs who he sits? Vanney is a big problem and most people don't see it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Vanney lasting this season, if he does I'll be extremely surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Jozy seems to be a lot more laid back about his contract than Giovinco was. Jozy knows he will get a deal in Mexico or at another MLS team, especially with expansion next year. Giovinco started up about his contract more than 2 years before it expired and was always angered over not getting an offer and he clearly took it personally. Jozy just seems like he doesn't care. He knows he will be somewhere and he already has experience in being all over the place so it's not a big deal.
    he holds all the cards here. he is getting paid well for 2019.
    have a great year and go for the highest bidder at the end of the year.
    kind of like daryl revis strategy

he should keep saying how he loves Toronto and wants to stay but secretly make tfc have the best offer or leave. after this giovinco debacle hes got tfc by the short hairs. they gotta pay top dollar to keep him, especially in a 4-4-3 he is vital
    Last edited by stevep; 02-22-2019 at 11:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Don’t think we’ll be beating the transfer fee record this window....
    Scarey but Manning said if this goes through it will be one of the highest transfer fees in the league . Can’t understand that ......they are hoping this works because , plan B doesn’t sound as promising . BTW , it’ll be Monday for yes or no because Genks president is taking it to his board for approval . But seriously are we nuts to think one player and maybe TAMS can solidify our D and formation confusion . I wish we were more prepared before adding newbies . .bandaids ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Scarey but Manning said if this goes through it will be one of the highest transfer fees in the league . Can’t understand that ......they are hoping this works because , plan B doesn’t sound as promising . BTW , it’ll be Monday for yes or no because Genks president is taking it to his board for approval . But seriously are we nuts to think one player and maybe TAMS can solidify our D and formation confusion . I wish we were more prepared before adding newbies . .bandaids ?

it's about what we, the fans and buyers of the product, are willing to accept. It would be nice if everyone showed up on Tuesday and clearly voiced their displeasure and threw their jerseys on the field. A strong message right now would let management know immediately that WE are not going to take their shit EVER again. This is what the true clear message should be. Accepting anything less makes none of us a leader...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’ll pin it on Bez
    He should. Was his job no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    All depends on season results...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Based on ONE GAME?

Lets see where we are in August or September.

They are not going to hold him responsible for results BEFORE they have the new players in place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    BTW , it’ll be Monday for yes or no because Genks president is taking it to his board for approval

I love the btw.... Going to the Genk Board Monday?!

There are 27 Belgian sportswriters chasing the story and none of them have that. You are breaking big transfersoap news! This will be front page stuff when they get a hold of that.

If it’s going to the Board this is 99% happening. (Also Manning wouldn’t be saying, “if we get him, you will love the player”, or making his Plan B sound less attractive, per Rollins tweet ... unless we were going to get the player)

Get the white smoke ready for Monday.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-23-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the btw.... Going to the Genk Board Monday?!

There are 27 Belgian sportswriters chasing the story and none of them have that. You are breaking big transfersoap news! This will be front page stuff when they get a hold of that.

If it’s going to the Board this is 99% happening. (Also Manning wouldn’t be saying, “if we get him, you will love the player”, or making his Plan B sound less attractive, per Rollins tweet ... unless we were going to get the player)

Get the white smoke ready for Monday.
    How do we know they’re presenting to their board Monday? I’ve fallen behind on recent developments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Based on ONE GAME?

Lets see where we are in August or September.

They are not going to hold him responsible for results BEFORE they have the new players in place.
    Seriously , not one game at all. It’s the general decline from all of last year frankly . He never acknowledged the holes in our D , and continuously lost games that were close by misreading situations and not adapting . I always knew that if we were losing or ahead by 1 goal last year we were done for ....who is to blame players ? Coach ? Mgmt ? It’s got to be somebody, we were always behind the eight ball . We won’t make the playoffs this year . EG: the team is being forced to Olay 4 3 3 now , what kind of coach pushes a system first without realizing the teams abilities? We ARE one of the slowest teams in the league . He is non adaptive . So it’s Vanney , the mgr or his players ? But we are in trouble , period . Of course Concacaf means little to you but , when we were fighting to win it it was a different story . Ridiculous. We were ill prepared (again) starting this season and now what ? There are no excuses in sports . I’m tired of bring up the obvious but how long do people bring up excuses for Vanney , Again it’s been a year of high to low , definitely not organizational consistency.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    How do we know they’re presenting to their board Monday? I’ve fallen behind on recent developments.
    Supporters groups were at a forum yesterday and it was discussed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore loves Toronto , was at the raps game yesterday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Altidore loves Toronto , was at the raps game yesterday.
    Sure. But he wasn’t at the supporters event.

Not saying it's a problem that he wasn’t at that event.

He has a foot on the dock, and a foot on the boat.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.