Page 130 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know for sure the €3 million salary? Heard someone saying it’s actually €800.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I generally agree to be wary. Many "leaks" are actually part of planned information campaigns (for various parties). And I'm a bit worried about the way some people seem to believe and defend every story from management, even when that story changes.

However did Manning ever say "top player top league"?

yes he did or words to that effect on the Bob McCown show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Seba wasn’t a top player from a top league either. This could be an excellent DP signing for us.
    Seba wasn't a top player at Juve, but he was a solid player for one of the best teams on the planet. He was also an Italian international and a known name.

Pozuelo is none of those things. He plays in a second tier league and nobody here has ever heard of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% as above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he’s on about €1.3 million. So there is some room to go up. Transfer fee will be important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to lie but I had no clue who Seba was prior to the signing. Same with VV. I also have no clue who Pozeulo is.

Seba and VV can be and will be replaced. Everyone is dissing replacements as "not as good as Seba or VV"....Let's give the FO a chance and stop making comparisons.

I was a supporter prior to and will continue to be now after both departures.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Seba wasn't a top player at Juve, but he was a solid player for one of the best teams on the planet. He was also an Italian international and a known name.

Pozuelo is none of those things. He plays in a second tier league and nobody here has ever heard of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me the ambition level is about right. Don’t know if we get it done, but I’m glad this is the level we’re trying to get. Assuming it’s not all smoke and mirrors. I can’t see any reason why Genk would let him go at this point in their season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belgian league is solid but salaries for top players aren't going to be close to DP salaries in MLS. My non-TFC team is Lille because my son is working there for another year until he transfers back to Toronto. Lille is one of the big teams in Ligue 1 in terms of attendance. They were life and death not to get relegated last year and they're a surprising second this year behind PSG. Anyway, here's the top 10 salaries on the team: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy12X0YWsAEXncY.jpg

Now, a lot of the 100K euro monthly salaries are for young players locked into their first contract but overall, but outside of PSG and Monaco, top salaries aren't that much at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're selling Pozuelo short here. He's a tier below Seba but think of a more dynamic version of VV. Definitely worthy of a DP signing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Not going to lie but I had no clue who Seba was prior to the signing. Same with VV. I also have no clue who Pozeulo is.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    You're not the only one, in fact I'd bet most people that don't follow Serie A or World Football (ie football outside of their backyards/league) didn't and that's ok. He was quality and you saw it when he hit the field. That made you a believer.

What gets me is when people assume that they know every player and every league without actually following the player or league. Dismissing shit we don't know about or making assumptions is the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo looks like a fine player and would be an excellent replacement for VV. But as our new star DP?

I expected more from MLSE after trading for Marc Gasol and resigning the hockey playing guy for big money this week.

If this is our "top player at a top club," I am underwhelmed.

Have you ever heard anyone ever argue Belgium is a top league?
    Well they do make the World Cup and Euro Championship in how many years lately, just saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what the so called “top tier” leagues do to maintain their dominance - they hoover up all the best players from the rest of Europe and beyond. Let’s give this guy a chance before we lose it. He’s the captain of the top team in Belgium. I think a top tier playmaker who shows up and provides leadership will be just what is needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    You know what the so called “top tier” leagues do to maintain their dominance - they hoover up all the best players from the rest of Europe and beyond. Let’s give this guy a chance before we lose it. He’s the captain of the top team in Belgium. I think a top tier playmaker who shows up and provides leadership will be just what is needed.
    it's our best option presented so far and he looks pretty good. We still need to sign others. Every other team is much better and TFC does not have enough yet to compete for glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
    Belgian league is solid but salaries for top players aren't going to be close to DP salaries in MLS. My non-TFC team is Lille because my son is working there for another year until he transfers back to Toronto. Lille is one of the big teams in Ligue 1 in terms of attendance. They were life and death not to get relegated last year and they're a surprising second this year behind PSG. Anyway, here's the top 10 salaries on the team: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy12X0YWsAEXncY.jpg

Now, a lot of the 100K euro monthly salaries are for young players locked into their first contract but overall, but outside of PSG and Monaco, top salaries aren't that much at all.
    These L’Équipe numbers were all bogus though. Only 28% of the salaries they listed were correct.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    These L’Équipe numbers were all bogus though. Only 28% of the salaries they listed were correct.
    Source?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo and Menendez come in our starting XI starts to take shape.

4-3-3
    Bono; Morrow, Mavinga, Ciman, Auro; Bradley, Osorio, Pozuelo; Menendez, Altidore, Winger (hopefully another TAM signing)
    Last edited by portu; 02-09-2019 at 01:42 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Steve Bufferey from Toronto Sun is the new TFC reporter. I've read a few articles so far and he's got some in depth interviews with Bradley, Boyd, I think Vanney and now writing about transfer news. More than the other guys. Just thought I'd share since it's a breath of fresh air.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Pozuelo and Menendez come in our starting XI starts to take shape.

4-3-3
    Bono; Morrow, Mavinga, Ciman, Auro; Bradley, Osorio, Pozuelo; Menendez, Altidore, Winger (hopefully another TAM signing)
    Curious if they're going to use the second Tam player as a winger or RB. We also still have number 1 in allocation. This is where I think a Fabian Johnson type player would come in handy.

We know deleon is gonna be more RW. So that leaves mostly auro as RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I see Vanney moving to a 4-3-3 that can morph into a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post

I'm hoping these are monthly salaries and not weekly. Based on the average of 49K Euros and 26-man squad, that would place their roster salary around $17.3 million USD. That's comparable to what TFC and the LA Galaxy paid for their rosters last year, but about 1.5x higher than the remaining top MLS clubs (which seem to be around $11M). Maybe MLS is actually getting to a comparable wage to the Euro Top 5 that they can poach players from the lower Euro leagues before the big Euro clubs can get to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what does BMO look like for the 26th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viktor Fischer. You're welcome tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one source I found has him on €22,000/week. I’d post the screen shot if I could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Source?
    There have been a bunch of posts like this on Reddit. Lyon said all their salary figures were incorrect: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...6X&sh=3e1e1dd8

L’Équipe prints fake salary figures every year though, and isn’t really very reliable in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number of assists that Pozuelo has over the last number of years is great. Just what we need and worthy of the DP tag. Add in two wingers that can cause problems and we’ve got a nice first 11.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post

Hasn't played a game since October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is the perfect CAM. Better then Vazquez and more reliable/durable. I’m surprised they are going to bring in another Bradley type DP in the sense of buying a guy at his peak market place value (if reports of Hanni/Pozuelo are true.)

More so then the the exact player we get, I want to know the direction they are taking. Will they keep Bradley and Altidore on lower salaries and invest in some younger talent at striker and at CB for example? Think Polenta (Galaxy) Ardaiz (Vancouver) Gody (Vancouver) type players? This type of young talent around our pitch mixed with our DPs and and vets would be fun.

Or will they invest in richer South American type talent like Martínez, Almiron Kaku etc.

I really have no idea what management is thinking.

Just thinking out loud. Regardless I want to see them purchase players between 18-24 as well with upside we can later sell. I really like what Vancouver has done this offseason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume you are Danish or a Copenhagen fan and this is wishful thinking rather than inside information...

That being said this guy is a 24 year old LW who seems to have had a hot start to his career with Ajax, cooled off a bit, and has found his game again with Copenhagen. 17 goals and 22 assists in 43 games with them according to transfrmarkt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Looks like Steve Bufferey from Toronto Sun is the new TFC reporter. I've read a few articles so far and he's got some in depth interviews with Bradley, Boyd, I think Vanney and now writing about transfer news. More than the other guys. Just thought I'd share since it's a breath of fresh air.
    Seems like he's actually out in Cali with the team. Buffery that is.

But something is heating up down here and it’s talk that the Reds are getting close to acquiring Spanish midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo.
    A source close to the team confirmed as much to the Toronto Sun on Saturday.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-09-2019 at 05:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could still go south but its nice to see what management is thinking.