Page 171 of 191 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Seriously , not one game at all. It’s the general decline from all of last year frankly . He never acknowledged the holes in our D , and continuously lost games that were close by misreading situations and not adapting . I always knew that if we were losing or ahead by 1 goal last year we were done for ....who is to blame players ? Coach ? Mgmt ? It’s got to be somebody, we were always behind the eight ball . We won’t make the playoffs this year . EG: the team is being forced to Olay 4 3 3 now , what kind of coach pushes a system first without realizing the teams abilities? We ARE one of the slowest teams in the league . He is non adaptive . So it’s Vanney , the mgr or his players ? But we are in trouble , period . Of course Concacaf means little to you but , when we were fighting to win it it was a different story . Ridiculous. We were ill prepared (again) starting this season and now what ? There are no excuses in sports . I’m tired of bring up the obvious but how long do people bring up excuses for Vanney , Again it’s been a year of high to low , definitely not organizational consistency.
    For the life of me, I don't get why he thought rolling out a 4-3-3 was going to lead to anything else but a disaster. I'm not on the Vanney out tip yet, but you make great points here.

I feel like since the off season, the team has been hinting at shifting to a 4-3-3. With that in mind, I don't understand why the team hasn't signed anyone to help implement this system. Our team was built for a 3-5-2, but with the sale of VV and Seba, we are left with really big holes to fill. Who could possibly play the second striker role effective enough?

My biggest concern with the current roster is the ability to support a single striker system. We need dynamic players to help break open a defense and also finish goal scoring opportunities. Also, considering our teams speed, we need play more possession. But I feel like without enough creativity, it will be really hard to turn that possession into scoring chances. Playing counter attacking football may not be as effective if you're not able to quickly rush up the field to catch the other team on their backfoot.

I think that we may be forced till the summer transfer window to start bringing in the right players. And with that, it'll probably take 2 to 3 transfer windows to get enough players in to play the new system they're looking to implement (if it is a 4-3-3). This isnt any easy task and Ali Curtis wasn't given a full off season to really start these plans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sure. But he wasn’t at the supporters event.

Not saying it's a problem that he wasn’t at that event.

He has a foot on the dock, and a foot on the boat.
    I wouldn’t read anything into why he wasn’t at the event. They picked our captain and our most popular Canadian player to come for the supporters. That made sense to me. I don’t think we need to see a conspiracy in everything and didn’t see anything wrong with it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    For the life of me, I don't get why he thought rolling out a 4-3-3 was going to lead to anything else but a disaster. .

The 4-3-3 shouldn't have been tried in Panama. But, the 4-3-3 fits our current roster better then the 4-4-2 diamond or the 3-5-2 we had in the bag. I doubt we started practicing the 4-3-3 until Seba was obviously going - he can't play in that system.
    We've been told time and time again - dynamic attacking players are coming. Lets see who they put together.

My issue is the 2 CB's in the 4-3-3 (which is really in this case a 2-3-4-1) have to be good passers of the ball who are not overly aggressive. Well we happen to have 2 great passers of the ball but who are probably the 2 most aggressive CB's in the league in Ciman & Mavinga. Couple that with a young goalie who has lost his mental edge & we will get a lot more of what we saw on Tuesday.

The future of the attack is dependent upon if/when Jozy goes. If he goes now, we need a DP forward to carry us into the next few seasons - that ain't easy to find. If he goes in the summer, we have more choices.

The future of the defence - god help us because there is nobody down on the farm & we are thus reliant upon Moor staying healthy & Zaveletta returning to where he was in 2016-2017. I know why they went for Ciman this off season but the brain trust is betting on Moor & Zavs a lot more then is being talked about.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-23-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the btw.... Going to the Genk Board Monday?!

There are 27 Belgian sportswriters chasing the story and none of them have that. You are breaking big transfersoap news! This will be front page stuff when they get a hold of that.

If it’s going to the Board this is 99% happening. (Also Manning wouldn’t be saying, “if we get him, you will love the player”, or making his Plan B sound less attractive, per Rollins tweet ... unless we were going to get the player)

Get the white smoke ready for Monday.
    I have been on this board for years and years. Ensco only gets partial credit for this comment. I take serious marks off his score for failing to include "rollerblades"....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Supporters groups were at a forum yesterday and it was discussed
    Could someone fill us in on what was discussed, or is it hush hush?

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Best thing for a summary is Duane Rollins tweetstorm. Hi Duane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

The future of the defence - god help us because there is nobody down on the farm & we are thus reliant upon Moor staying healthy & Zaveletta returning to where he was in 2016-2017. I know why they went for Ciman this off season but the brain trust is betting on Moor & Zavs a lot more then is being talked about.
    Julian Dunn and Rocco Romeo are the CB's of the future but both are a couple years away from being ready to contribute to the first team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I have been on this board for years and years. Ensco only gets partial credit for this comment. I take serious marks off his score for failing to include "rollerblades"....
    This is elite level criticism.

I will try to do better. ;-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I get invited to supporters event ? I pay a boat load for my tickets, yet manning speaks to people who cancel their ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    From TFC subreddit:
    According to Duane Rollins @24thminute on Twitter who is at the SSH Open house tonight with Bill Manning:

• Losing Beitashour was a much bigger loss than anticipated.
    • Ali Curtis is still in Belgium signing paperwork.
    • MLSE looking to purchase a CPL team.
    • TFC paid over $27 million for Defoe and Bradley in 2014.
    • Taking a while to bring in new players because they want their character and personality to be right for the team.
    • Been following Pozuelo for a year. Apparently they're in love with him but they won't wait until the summer for him. They'll move to plan B.
    • Plan is to add a DP and two TAM players.
    • Michael Bradley said that the game on Tuesday was "crap..let's see at the end of the year if that game serves as a reminder to us what we need to be"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I wouldn’t read anything into why he wasn’t at the event. They picked our captain and our most popular Canadian player to come for the supporters. That made sense to me. I don’t think we need to see a conspiracy in everything and didn’t see anything wrong with it.
    Agree it's not a conspiracy, and I didn't mean to imply that. It's just a symbol of discomfort.

Sometimes I think we forget who/what he is. Altidore is the greatest goal scorer in team history, one of the greats in league history, very outgoing...

I think it says something that he is not at something like that. No disrespect to Oso.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-23-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree it's not a conspiracy, and I didn't mean to imply that. It's just a symbol of discomfort.

Sometimes I think we forget who/what he is. Altidore is the greatest player in team history, and is very outgoing.

I think it says something that he is not at something like that. No disrespect to Oso.
    Bradley and Oso were the 2 players with the most minutes played last season. One is our captain, one is a future captain. If you're going to have a event with supporters after one of the worst defeats in club history, these are the 2 players you bring. Not the player you wasn't on the pitch in Panama, and missed half of last season. He wouldn't be able to speak to the failures on the pitch, so what would be the point?

You're reading into the fact he wasn't there way too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His missus is in town. Given her globetrotting schedule, Jozy taking a pass on an event to see his GF when he can is no biggie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Bradley and Oso were the 2 players with the most minutes played last season. One is our captain, one is a future captain. If you're going to have a event with supporters after one of the worst defeats in club history, these are the 2 players you bring. Not the player you wasn't on the pitch in Panama, and missed half of last season. He wouldn't be able to speak to the failures on the pitch, so what would be the point?

You're reading into the fact he wasn't there way too much.
    Seriously. They're not gonna trot out the guy they haven't extended yet...awkward.
    Bradley is the Captain, and he didn't give any weird interviews to the media so that's different.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can imagine the first question to Jozy

"So, we love you Jozy, you've been great for us and...well we love you and we know you love Toronto and there's been a lot of talk you know and what I want to just ask is what we've all been thinking and its just

Are you staying or not?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    He should. Was his job no?
    Bez at least had the audacity to try and upgrade to a PSG starting RB and Dutch International in van der Wiel.

What Bez failed to note is the reason why van der Wiel was dropped by PSG and why he has to go to Toronto.

Failure is an acceptable consequence as long as you learn from the process and evaluate why the move failed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can imagine the first question to Jozy

"So, we love you Jozy, you've been great for us and...well we love you and we know you love Toronto and there's been a lot of talk you know and what I want to just ask is what we've all been thinking and its just

Are you staying or not?"
    You guys are missing my point. There is literally no interview with him where that won’t happen, and it'll intensify into the summer.

I am citing his absence (which I understand) as a by product of the problem, not as the problem itself.

Anyway it doesn’t matter. We all agree, it's fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Interesting that Manning gave more to the supporters last night than to the reporters today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. But he wasn’t at the supporters event.

Not saying it's a problem that he wasn’t at that event.

He has a foot on the dock, and a foot on the boat.
    Quote of the year
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    How do I get invited to supporters event ? I pay a boat load for my tickets, yet manning speaks to people who cancel their ticket.

Who cancelled their tickets ? I wish I had the strength but it’s habit forming , and a great sport , that’s the cause of my present acid, But......if you join a supporters group , by paying only the cost of a large beer ( maybe just slightly more ) , there at least 5+ different groups , you have the chance of being included among other peer activities , supporter sessions such as the one mentioned . Best of all enjoy Joe’s warm hospitality at the home shoeless joes ......Funny we were polite for the most part and Luke Wileman asked all the touchy questions ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like a maddie...but really - you have to change all the players to play a new system? When I coached at Rep level we'd adjust formation regularly during the game if needed, depending on the opposition. When I hear a coach talking about a rigid system - it rings alarm bells for me. Professional footballers should be able to manage this relatively easily. It wasn't a rigid formation that killed us yesterday.. it was throwing lambs to the wolves... you don't start youth players in their first professional game or new signings that haven't played with the team before into the deep end. We had plenty of players that have played with each other available - they should have been played with perhaps 1 exception due to injuries.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 4-3-3 shouldn't have been tried in Panama. But, the 4-3-3 fits our current roster better then the 4-4-2 diamond or the 3-5-2 we had in the bag. I doubt we started practicing the 4-3-3 until Seba was obviously going - he can't play in that system.
    We've been told time and time again - dynamic attacking players are coming. Lets see who they put together.

My issue is the 2 CB's in the 4-3-3 (which is really in this case a 2-3-4-1) have to be good passers of the ball who are not overly aggressive. Well we happen to have 2 great passers of the ball but who are probably the 2 most aggressive CB's in the league in Ciman & Mavinga. Couple that with a young goalie who has lost his mental edge & we will get a lot more of what we saw on Tuesday.

The future of the attack is dependent upon if/when Jozy goes. If he goes now, we need a DP forward to carry us into the next few seasons - that ain't easy to find. If he goes in the summer, we have more choices.

Question , if they want to go with 1 striker why not 5-4-1...., I’m not sure frankly with our personnel , what formation to use , that’s been a constant problem with picking DP’s out of the air ...and again I might say Vanney not adapting strategies benefiting what he has to work with , but that’s done ...and...what with newbies starting , a totally unprepared defence , we (needed) passé now, the safest formation possible ......god knows so many pieces not fitting . ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Question , if they want to go with 1 striker why not 5-4-1....,
    The 5-4-1 quickly becomes a 3-6-1 & mucks up the middle too much - we are out our best with quick ball movement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 5-4-1 quickly becomes a 3-6-1 & mucks up the middle too much - we are out our best with quick ball movement.
    Doesn’t it also become 3-4-3 , which again asks a lot from both wings which we’might’ pull off ...I stretching ...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay on topic please, player transfers. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Stay on topic please, player transfers. Thanks.
    You have a tough job, you must have been pulling your hair out during the Genk/Prague game thread, I sure was, I guess it marginally had something to do with a possible player transaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    You have a tough job, you must have been pulling your hair out during the Genk/Prague game thread, I sure was, I guess it marginally had something to do with a possible player transaction.
    why would you pull your hair out? Nothing this team does good or bad will have any impact on your day to day life will it? lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I am reading between the lines correctly, tomorrow is Poz or bust day?