Page 131 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seems like he's actually out in Cali with the team.
    Or in China...
    According to Het Laatste Nieuws one must seriously fear a departure from Pozuelo at Genk. Not only is there Canadian interest, but also Chinese interest from Shanghai Shenhua and Shenzhen, two clubs with a Spanish coach. The transfer period runs until 7 March and both clubs are willing to put the requested sum on the table
    http://translate.google.com/translat...-pozuelo-.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Or in China...
    According to Het Laatste Nieuws one must seriously fear a departure from Pozuelo at Genk. Not only is there Canadian interest, but also Chinese interest from Shanghai Shenhua and Shenzhen, two clubs with a Spanish coach. The transfer period runs until 7 March and both clubs are willing to put the requested sum on the table
    http://translate.google.com/translat...-pozuelo-.html
    I was referring to Buffery

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like he's actually out in Cali with the team. Buffery that is.
    Yep he definitely out in Cali. Went out a few days ago. Was waiting to see some one on the beat actually head out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to Buffery
    Ha, my bad... although, we now have a race for Pozuelo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So yesterday, the MLS website was reporting the following about TFC:
    “They have been playing many matches while based in Southern California for preseason, at times playing multiple games in a day or games on consecutive days.”
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-match-preview

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me this helps replace VV but is nowhere near what I expected if it’s to replace Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC fielded a young squad in a scrimmage game against Orange County SC on Friday afternoon at UC Irvine. The scored ended 1-1 with Scarborough native Jordan Hamilton scoring for Toronto.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...-a-distraction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought van der Wiel left the team?
    He's still listed on our roster?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    i thought van der Wiel left the team?
    He's still listed on our roster?
    He left training, returned to Toronto. He has a contract. He's still on the roster until he's traded or released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Seba wasn't a top player at Juve, but he was a solid player for one of the best teams on the planet. He was also an Italian international and a known name.

Pozuelo is none of those things. He plays in a second tier league and nobody here has ever heard of him.
    Does it really matter if the player is from a 'Second Tier' league if he is a quality player, someone above quoted NYRB getting BWP from a garbage league, so what is this top tier snobbery, just curious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo looks great but he’s not a goal scorer. We would still need someone to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Pozuelo looks great but he’s not a goal scorer. We would still need someone to score.
    Outside of Jozy you mean?

I think if he comes, he'll score quite a bit. Similar to how Diego Valeri didn't have a great (regular) scoring record before MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if he comes, he'll score quite a bit. Similar to how Diego Valeri didn't have a great (regular) scoring record before MLS.
    À lot of trash défenses here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba too. His scoring rate skyrocketed in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I assumed we would want another reliable striker besides Jozy. Yeah I guess he could be a Valeri. Stats don’t suggest it but as you all say, there are a lot of trash defences!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    What does this say if you can translate please?
    Translation from Google:

They were striking images during and after the match between KRC Genk and Standard: a weeping Alejandro Pozuelo who cuddled with Philippe Clement and did not really celebrate victory afterwards. A transfer is about to arrive, Genk and Pozuelo want to play it hard.

Alejandro Pozuelo, according to US sources, signs at Toronto FC in the MLS and could sign a real multi-million contract there. That is why the Spaniard would like to leave with the Genkenaars, to disregard such an offer is very difficult.

The team recently played with Victor Vazquez, who was still known to us, and Giovinco lost two important turntables on the midfield, which means that the Canadians are looking for an alternative. Sofiane Hanni, among others, has already been mentioned, now the arrows have been moved towards (also) Pozuelo.

What about the clause?
    Genk does not want to lose his midfielder. For that reason, it left us with an interest in the Middle East a month ago to include an option in the contract that dropped the clause (of 8 million euros) until the next transfer period.

In the MLS, however, the transfer period does not start until 13 February and, according to the contract, this would be a new transfer period. In this way, Pozuelo could play it legally hard to realize his transfer, according to Het Nieuwsblad . Meanwhile, Chinese pistes are also being investigated.

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieu...#ixzz5f5ceXXll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Translation from Google:

They were striking images during and after the match between KRC Genk and Standard: a weeping Alejandro Pozuelo who cuddled with Philippe Clement and did not really celebrate victory afterwards. A transfer is about to arrive, Genk and Pozuelo want to play it hard.

Alejandro Pozuelo, according to US sources, signs at Toronto FC in the MLS and could sign a real multi-million contract there. That is why the Spaniard would like to leave with the Genkenaars, to disregard such an offer is very difficult.

The team recently played with Victor Vazquez, who was still known to us, and Giovinco lost two important turntables on the midfield, which means that the Canadians are looking for an alternative. Sofiane Hanni, among others, has already been mentioned, now the arrows have been moved towards (also) Pozuelo.

What about the clause?
    Genk does not want to lose his midfielder. For that reason, it left us with an interest in the Middle East a month ago to include an option in the contract that dropped the clause (of 8 million euros) until the next transfer period.

In the MLS, however, the transfer period does not start until 13 February and, according to the contract, this would be a new transfer period. In this way, Pozuelo could play it legally hard to realize his transfer, according to Het Nieuwsblad . Meanwhile, Chinese pistes are also being investigated.

Best new season seat holder benefit: free cuddles from Pozuelo (lottery).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me this helps replace VV but is nowhere near what I expected if it’s to replace Giovinco
    Really? We have Manning on record saying ownership had a problem with missing the playoffs spending the salary we did and we've been hesitant to re-sign all our big name DPs.

The days of us signing a Defoe or Giovinco or other globally-visible players, that command wages at that level, are probably over. At least until MLS as a league starts generating serious revenues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Translation from Google:

What about the clause?

Ok, so just to try and understand this properly, and thanks for the translation, it would be Pozuelo who doesn't want this to happen, and could make it "legally difficult" for this to happen? I hope this is a mis-translation and that he wants to come, and not the team just looking for the high transfer fee. Otherwise, this is not a good fit. I'm sure TFC has done some serious legwork on this and that it's Genk that would like to block this, but if anyone can clarify, that would be...reassuring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah, I assumed we would want another reliable striker besides Jozy. Yeah I guess he could be a Valeri. Stats don’t suggest it but as you all say, there are a lot of trash defences!
    Vanney has repeatedly expressed a desire to play with wingers. I find it odd that you (and others) would assume our FO would allocate our open DP slot to a striker. They clearly expect Hamilton and/or Boyd to be a replacement-level backups.

I feel like a lot of people are longing for us to return to the same system that won us the cup in 2017. 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is going to be our system this year and Jozy will be the focal point, and all of our new signings will be creative attacking pieces.

And I agree with the Valeri comparison for Pozuelo. They look to have the same type of powerful dipping shot, ability to make a killer through pass at speed or in traffic, and most importantly I see a passionate player and natural leader. He also happens to be in mid season form which could be a massive help to us in CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Ok, so just to try and understand this properly, and thanks for the translation, it would be Pozuelo who doesn't want this to happen, and could make it "legally difficult" for this to happen? I hope this is a mis-translation and that he wants to come, and not the team just looking for the high transfer fee. Otherwise, this is not a good fit. I'm sure TFC has done some serious legwork on this and that it's Genk that would like to block this, but if anyone can clarify, that would be...reassuring.
    No, he wants to come - it's Genk who might make it difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He brought his agent to training with him this monring

Alejandro Pozuelo arrived at the club this morning in the company of his broker. While negotiating within an immediate departure, Pozuelo is just training. The Spanish midfielder can go to ���� @torontofc in the #mls or to ���� @ChineseSuper@hlnsport �� PNAlejandro Pozuelo arrived at the club this morning in the company of his broker. While negotiating within an immediate departure, Pozuelo is just training. The Spanish midfielder can go to ���� @torontofc in the #mls or to ���� @ChineseSuper@hlnsport �� PN
    Alejandro Pozuelo has, according to Het Laatste Nieuws , still set his sights on a lucrative adventure at the Canadian FC Toronto. Sunday morning the Spaniard just appeared on training at KRC Genk, but on the side of his broker.

Although the 27-year-old playmaker recently signed an improved contract, the number 10 seems to be heading for Major League Soccer. Also from the Chinese Super League there would be interest in Pozuelo.

David Garcia, the agent of Pozuelo, is currently at the table with the Limburgers to discuss an immediate departure. Garcia works for Promoesport, which represents the interests of, among others, Carlos Soler (Valencia) and Eric Bailly (Manchester United).

In the meantime, the umbrella support organization of Genk has also responded that they expect a clear signal from the board.

On the one hand the departure of Pozuelo would mean a serious loss for the Genkeners in full title battle, on the other hand it makes little sense to keep a player on board who wants to force a departure.

Pozuelo already has seven goals and eighteen assists to his name in all competitions this season. Last month he finished second in the Golden Shoe presentation behind Hans Vanaken.

In the Belgian league Pozuelo played 129 matches in the colors of KRC Genk. For the time being, it looks like the 2-0 home win against Standard on Friday night was his last game for the Limburgers.
    http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=145309

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    They want him until summer as they lead the league and their window is closed but we want him now. He also wants to go now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly seems real that the player is moving. That Chinese and Middle Eastern interest though, hmmm. It's far from over.

It appears I was almost certainly wrong and TFC are willing to do this, or at least willing to make a firm opening bid. (I will be thrilled to eat my hat.)

It's interesting because if TFC are willing to commit $22M or whatever to a player, they really did in fact have a choice on Seba, and they decided they had had enough (of him, of the hardball at $7M a year, both). They just decided to move on. That is incredibly surprising. TFC's willingness to just swap Seba for a no name seems inconceivable.

Pozuelo does seem like a very good player, very worthy of DP status, I am getting excited about him, but wow, we'd be breaking new ground in the league committing this level of dough on a “pure” player (ie someone with zero marketing impact that no one has ever heard of).

I would have thought MLS would do this for Mexican players in Europe long before they got to the general pool of world footballers. (I thought that Jesus Corona idea was interesting.)
    Last edited by ensco; 02-10-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It certainly seems real that the player is moving. That Chinese and Middle Eastern interest though, hmmm. It's far from over.

It appears I was almost certainly wrong and TFC are willing to do this, or at least willing to make a firm opening bid. (I will be thrilled to eat my hat.)

It's interesting because if TFC are willing to commit $22M or whatever to a player, they really did in fact have a choice on Seba, and they decided they had had enough of the hardball at $7M a year. They just decided to move on. That is incredibly surprising. TFC's willingness to just swap Seba for a no name seems inconceivable.

Pozuelo does seem like a very good player, very worthy of DP status, I am getting excited about him, but wow, we'd be breaking new ground in the league committing this level of dough on a “pure” player (ie someone with zero marketing impact that no one has ever heard of).

I would have thought MLS would do this for Mexican players in Europe long before they got to the general pool of world footballers. (I thought that Jesus Corona idea was interesting.)
    There’s also the risk of complete bust on the field. At least with Seba you know you’re getting 15ish goals, 15ish assists.

I still think they didn’t believe he’d go and they’d have him for at least this year. The way Manning kept saying everyone that called about him walked away the second they heard his salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vardy on the bench this morning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Perfect! Thanks. Was hoping this was the case...seems like a very good player, hope it can be finalized