Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
I would hate to see Jozy go, but the reality of him coming to Toronto was we needed to unload a big contract in Defoe and Sunderland were willing to swap Jozy, a proven MLS player in return and we took it.

Jozy was never worth that money, we all said it and here we are today with the club acknowledging that as well.

There is no denying what he's done for us and I'd love for him to stay - but as I said in a previous post - he ain't worth 5x more than what other non-injury prone DP's in the league are making. I bet TFC want him at 1-2m max and he thinks he's worth more.

When healthy - I'd take him at more, but in his entire time here - he's been injured for large portions of the season. And now that he's getting on in years, there's no proof it'll be any different.

BWP averages 2659 minutes a season
Jozy averages 1588

That alone tells you something
Jozy is a proven winner. Yes, you could replace him for less, but its a considerable risk. Could easily get a million dollar striker who doesnt
score. There are lots of those around too.

I wonder if last years failed transfers are having an impact on Mannings instructions from above?