Page 149 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I will wager anyone a pint Pozo comes.
    A whole pint, you say?! Man, you are just brimming with confidence.

Seriously though, what a mess this whole Pozuelo debacle has turned into.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    This type of thing happens every window to lots of teams. TFC have been pretty good about it as they've leaked nothing. Without the Genk Vs. Poz statements and posturing this would just be random rumors and half the people here would think it was just a smoke screen by the FO to cover up them cutting our payroll to Dallas level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC were in Mexico checking out this player: Rogelio Funes Mori

@SanCadillaEn280

CFM will make changes in its today's alignment, sure F. Mori ("The Melli") plays. Roberto Hdz can be fired if he loses today vs striped. People came from Toronto FC to the city to follow up a player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    A whole pint, you say?! Man, you are just brimming with confidence.

There are a lot of people on here. This could be a lot of pints!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's how it translates. Its Toronto were in Monterrey to scout a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    So TFC were in Mexico checking out this player: Rogelio Funes Mori

@SanCadillaEn280

CFM will make changes in its today's alignment, sure F. Mori ("The Melli") plays. Roberto Hdz can be fired if he loses today vs striped. People came from Toronto FC to the city to follow up a player.
    Hard to see Mori not being a DP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I don't think that's how it translates. Its Toronto were in Monterrey to scout a player.
    Agree. That is the correct translation. it could be anyone.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea. It's a high level overview of everything going on in Monterrey. TFC are in town to check out a player is the last point. Not connected to the Mori mention

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea. It's a high level overview of everything going on in Monterrey. TFC are in town to check out a player is the last point. Not connected to the Mori mention
    We could just be doing advance scouting. If we make it to the semis in CCL, we will most likely get Monterrey (or Atlanta).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This being said, there are some... intriguing players available. Morelia is struggling in the second half after placing mid-table in the Apertura and Monterrey has no lack of attacking options... this being said, this is likely a TAM level signing that they'd be pursuing - Morelia doesn't have a player over 2 mil euro and Monterrey is likely in contention (their other players don't seem to be in the lineup consistently).

Also yeah, we might face Monterrey.
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 02-15-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mori would be a good signing, though they may not have been looking at him, he looked very good against America when i watched a few weeks ago. He would qualify as a domestic as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Genkfan .... really appreciate the view from the other side. Totally understand your feelings of wanting to keep Pozo. As a long-term fan of a certain London club, it was always frustrating to see our best players and club heroes continually having their heads turned by ManU, Real Madrid, Barca, and more recently ManCity over and over again in years when our team was on the brink of doing well in Cup competitions and completing rebuilds.

This year is of course Genk's chance to do better than before.

(Now that other bit)
    You know how things are..... even with a contract.... players are not machines.
    If Pozu mentally and emotionally wants to come to Toronto FC, then he be damaged goods for the next few months, which is bad for everyone at Genk.
    So hopefully your management will see clearly and let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a gut feeling that Jozy has kicked his last ball for TFC & that we will see two DP's coming by our home opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been a frustrating off season to say the least. I am going to cut management some slack though. We were blindsided by Bez, Vasquez and Seba with little time to react.

Manning and Curtis are obviously trying their best to fill the void on the roster prior to the season, but we have to be cognisant of the fact that they were behind the eight ball from the get go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I have a gut feeling that Jozy has kicked his last ball for TFC & that we will see two DP's coming by our home opener.
    You might be right. What if they bring in Mori now and then let Jozy go in the summer and then sign Pozuelo?

I would rather have Mori and Pozuelo than say Jozy and Hanni.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets just get one before we start thinking about two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gives you this impression?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This has been a frustrating off season to say the least. I am going to cut management some slack though. We were blindsided by Bez, Vasquez and Seba with little time to react.

Manning and Curtis are obviously trying their best to fill the void on the roster prior to the season, but we have to be cognisant of the fact that they were behind the eight ball from the get go.
    I'd be really surprised if the Bez move was a surprise. Have you heard to the contrary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear that pickings might be slim right now. We are looking at players from leagues where the window is still open (don't know what leagues that might be), or players that are on the outs from their current team. And how many are there in the latter situation that are worthy of being a DP? We might have to wait until June just to get something of sufficient quality. Is this why TFC/MLS pushed so hard for Poz?

I still think we'll be ok in the league if we can play 500 until June. But I was really hoping to take a good crack at ccl again. Never a dull moment in TFC land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks genkfan for your insights. TFC needs to do something and Pozo would be perfect. I feel a solid compromise would be to acquire Pozo now, but have him go 'on loan' to Genk for the rest of their season (like Defoe initially with Tottenham). It allows Genk to have him for the rest of the season as seems to be what they claim as the original agreement with him and also allows TFC to be able to promote him to fans (and also keep the good reputation as genkfan alluded to).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Okay it's been long enough, this off season has been a complete disaster.

Michael Bradley has been quoted saying he is excited we lost Vasquez and Giovinco
    and thinks our team will be younger and more dynamic as a result of this happening? Ali Curtis has been quoted saying he didn't expect to lose Vasquez and Giovinco.... Aren't you and your buddy Manning the clowns that sold them?

Speaking of Manning, I remember him first saying Toronto FC need to be cheap because we didn't make the playoffs (yet we made 3 cup finals in 3 years (won 1, lost 2 in PKs) along with another 3 Canadian Championship victories). And then because all hell broke loose he was quoted when he lied and said he has a big name DP coming up and we're bringing in players. They're all lies trying to cover up the mess that ML$E has created

The fact remains we lost Giovinco, Vasquez, Van Der Wiel, Hagglund, Ricketts and Irwin
    We gained Boyd, DeLeon and Ciman

That is incredibly disappointing and we lost a major portion of our fan base as a result of this off-season. Giovinco all you had to do was pay the man a couple more million, but ML$E was too cheap. Vasquez we signed to an extended contract in March 2018, yet all of a sudden we were forced to sell him? What are you talking about, he had every intention of staying, but we sold him for a couple million bucks because ML$E is cheap
    Michael Bradley did not say anything of the kind. And you know that.

As for Vazquez he basically played for $3m less than he's worth for 2 seasons (and was integral in us winning) so there's absolutely no way we are going to block him from getting a huge payday and future coaching position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the rumor of getting a Monterrey or Tigres player is true. I'm all in for getting players from Liga MX (well, from the better teams). If that is who you are trying to beat, that's the players you should look at. In the past, the better players were too expensive but now should be approachable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I hope the rumor of getting a Monterrey or Tigres player is true. I'm all in for getting players from Liga MX (well, from the better teams). If that is who you are trying to beat, that's the players you should look at. In the past, the better players were too expensive but now should be approachable.
    Was looking at some of the players, Tigres actually is a relatively cheap team for the Liga MX - no players above like 5 mil euro which makes it affordable if we're going the TAM/2019 retool year DP route. Jurgen Damm, for example, would be an intriguing player to acquire - has cooled off and hasn't been productive, but at his price point, worth gambling on. Zelarayan's contract expires this summer so he would be in play as well.

For attacking options, Monterrey would definitely be DP level - and I don't see them wanting to move anyone when they're top of the table so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely there, my buddy down there let me know asap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also definitely not Mori, it's a Tigres player

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh..Tigres player coming this way could mean a trade for Altidore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there is a Jozy swap to Tigres out there. He had that mysterious exchange with Gignac on IG a few months ago....

EDIT: ^too funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Was looking at some of the players, Tigres actually is a relatively cheap team for the Liga MX - no players above like 5 mil euro which makes it affordable if we're going the TAM/2019 retool year DP route. Jurgen Damm, for example, would be an intriguing player to acquire - has cooled off and hasn't been productive, but at his price point, worth gambling on. Zelarayan's contract expires this summer so he would be in play as well.

For attacking options, Monterrey would definitely be DP level - and I don't see them wanting to move anyone when they're top of the table so far.
    didnt Damm cost Tigres in the neighbourhood of 10 million?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh..Tigres player coming this way could mean a trade for Altidore.
    Nah think it's a straight buy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...snap indeed. Just not too sure who though.