Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 76
  1. #1
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2019 MLS SuperDraft thread January 11, 2019

    Unlike the last two year's, TFC is in line for a top pick once the dust settles. While the SuperDraft is less significant these days, the chance to pick up a good player is still very high in the top half of the first round.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Currently looking like the 6th pick. Meh.

  3. #3
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Take a CB. We should move on from one of Hagglund & Zavaleta anyways, and a CB could easily be in line for tons of minutes with TFC II if he doesn't make the first team or as a loan down.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think we draft allo cation

  6. #6
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think we draft allo cation

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, right now TFC is picking 6th since FC Cincinnati is entering the league next year. Really I don't think anybody from the draft will be capable of cracking TFC's starting lineup and will probably end up with TFCII for the year.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting find, while looking at the NCAA 2018 tournament which are now down to the quarters I came across a player who is in his first season at Akron who are in the quarters of the NCAA . His name is Marco Milanese born in 1998 he is 20, he spent two seasons with the 16 and 19 youth teams of Napoli of Seria A in Italy and also practised regularly with Napoli’s first team during practise. He even made the bench but did not come off the bench in a Italian Cup game in 2017. From reading some articles in Italian about him I came across on the internet he was on the verge of cracking the Napoli roster,however, just before training camp before the 2017-2018 season Napoli let him go , from what I read he was pretty devastated by being let go so suddenly after Napoli had shown so much hope of making it to the first team, he decided to go back home to live with his parents in his home town in the Molise region of central Italy and he ended up playing for his home town team which played in Italy’s 5th. division for the entire 2017-2018 season winning with them promotion to Italy’s 4th. division all the while turning down interest from serie B teams while he sorted out his future. By fluke he saw an advertisement online for a company that recruited Italian athletes interested in getting athletic NCAA scholarships in the US, he enquires and the rest is history . This past summer comes to the US and starts his first season at Akron, anyways he plays center back and would be an interesting player to have a look at during this years college draft especially with his background of where he has played as a youth, however, I do realize he would take an international spot.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,239
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Interesting find, while looking at the NCAA 2018 tournament which are now down to the quarters I came across a player who is in his first season at Akron who are in the quarters of the NCAA . His name is Marco Milanese born in 1998 he is 20, he spent two seasons with the 16 and 19 youth teams of Napoli of Seria A in Italy and also practised regularly with Napoli’s first team during practise. He even made the bench but did not come off the bench in a Italian Cup game in 2017. From reading some articles in Italian about him I came across on the internet he was on the verge of cracking the Napoli roster,however, just before training camp before the 2017-2018 season Napoli let him go , from what I read he was pretty devastated by being let go so suddenly after Napoli had shown so much hope of making it to the first team, he decided to go back home to live with his parents in his home town in the Molise region of central Italy and he ended up playing for his home town team which played in Italy’s 5th. division for the entire 2017-2018 season winning with them promotion to Italy’s 4th. division all the while turning down interest from serie B teams while he sorted out his future. By fluke he saw an advertisement online for a company that recruited Italian athletes interested in getting athletic NCAA scholarships in the US, he enquires and the rest is history . This past summer comes to the US and starts his first season at Akron, anyways he plays center back and would be an interesting player to have a look at during this years college draft especially with his background of where he has played as a youth, however, I do realize he would take an international spot.
    Great scouting and very interesting, indeed; certainly a position of need, and his pedigree is promising.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think we draft allo cation
    It would be great if MLS offered that as an option instead of taking a player, complete with the name. It’s the logical thing next step under MLS’s dumb rules.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So TFC have the 6th pick. There are 7 Generation Adidas players. Nice.

    Citing anonymous sources, Galarcep reported for Goal.com that UCLA and US U-20 national team midfielder Frankie Amaya will headline this year’s GA crop, and will be joined by Canadian striker Tajon Buchanon (Syracuse), Kentucky striker JJ Williams, UNC’s John Nelson, Indiana winger Griffin Dorsey, VCU talent Siad Haji and University of Maryland goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair, the Canadian who backstopped the Terrapins’ run to the 2018 College Cup championship
    Two Canadians among the 7

    EDIT: Rollins has heard that TFC are targeting the Canadian keeper, Dayne St. Clair. Matt Doyle has TFC taking him in his mock draft too.


    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-03-2019 at 09:22 PM.

  12. #12
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,595
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting notion going with a goalkeeper, I am ok with that. The importance of the draft has diminished in recent times with more money being spent on the international market but you can still can some decent depth within the early part of the first round. Nice to see some Canadian GAs. Hopefully they amount to more than the pair a few years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So TFC have the 6th pick. There are 7 Generation Adidas players. Nice.



    Two Canadians among the 7

    EDIT: Rollins has heard that TFC are targeting the Canadian keeper, Dayne St. Clair. Matt Doyle has TFC taking him in his mock draft too.



    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With a bounce-back season or two Bono could have decent transfer value and we have no other keepers worth mentioning, be it veterans or prospects. Grabbing a keeper makes sense.

  14. #14
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you got the time and the inclination you can watch the combine here:

    https://youtu.be/7wXx3c003Uc

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Normally I find the draft to be a bit of a snoozer but this year we have a decent pick and two Canadians on GA contracts that could fill needs for the team considered to be top prospects.

    I’d lean towards the keeper personally but have to admit Buchanan looks interesting (but likely to be gone by the time we select at 6th).

  16. #16
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,595
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The draft from the perspective of the Canadian player has greatly changed. The top five prospects from the great white north have all been granted domestic player status, meaning they won't count as international regardless of what team selects them. That really is great news.

    In the latest SBI mock draft, the top three Canadians will be gone by the time TFC is on the clock. Ives has the Reds taking Michigan State forward DeJuan Jones.

    https://sbisoccer.com/2019/01/the-sb...ft-version-2-0

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Philly just traded ALL of their draft picks to Cincinatti for 150k GAM

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Philly just traded ALL of their draft picks to Cincinatti for 150k GAM
    I swear that is straight out of Football Manager.

    I see it as a strong statement of belief in their academy. It's either genius or crazy.

    As a fan it's been difficult to get excited for the Superdraft so I'm not surprised to see teams echoing those sentiments.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Canadians will be gone by the time TFC is on the clock. Ives has the Reds taking Michigan State forward DeJuan Jones.
    This confined production of attaching talent is really frustrating. CMNT is going to have to field 11 strikers, all of which will be left footed.

    Meanwhile, can’t even produce a defender to save our lives. Dream big kids, that RB spot is for you.

  20. #20
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Philly just traded ALL of their draft picks to Cincinatti for 150k GAM
    GAM that they got from LAFC for Cinci's allocation order spot in 2020 & reportedly a behind the scenes hand shake to not take an LAFC product in the expansion draft. Gosh this league is weird.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not sure that GK will be there

    They want him to be third string behind Tim Howard and Clint Irwin then

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Philly just traded ALL of their draft picks to Cincinatti for 150k GAM
    I think this is going to signal the end of the super draft soon. Philly basically admitted with this trade that one player (using all the GAM) from anywhere else in the world is better than any of 5 players from NCAA

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They want him to be third string behind Tim Howard and Clint Irwin then
    Howard won’t be there much longer
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Howard won’t be there much longer
    Wow, looked him up. Had no idea he was 39. Thought he was 33/34. Makes sense though. Watched him for years and years in the EPL, so he had to up there in years.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shame about St. Clair, the kid looks better than Bono was when we drafted him

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im sure if tfc really like him they could move up a couple of spots for 100 k

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frankie Amaya goes first in the draft....

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Quakes take Siad Haji with the second pick....

  30. #30
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Least interested in the draft I've ever been but still feel bad that for some (most?) of these kids this is going to be the high point of their careers and go down hill from here.

    (never mind me, I'm cranky because I haven't had lunch)
    No one likes us, we don't care.
    You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.
    Louis Van Gaal, philosopher. "What is this world twisted?"
    Need more nonsense in your life? Follow me on the twitter @MrTuktoyaktuk

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •