Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Almost ready for the Zavaleta screw up drinking game?
    I think this one involves shooting a 40

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a penalty but MY GOD Zavaleta is pathetic letting a ball bounce in the area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I suppose statistics will speak for themselves, Zaveleta comes on, TFC give up a goal,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, Telfer's come on for Morgan. I guess that's the lineup we'll end the match with.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's not a penalty but MY GOD Zavaleta is pathetic letting a ball bounce in the area.
    I agree about the pathetic bounce. But why not a penalty? Zavaleta was grabbing him from the back of the shirt / collar when he went down. Grabbing in the box is supposed to be a "point of emphasis" this year even if they aren't generally calling it enough.

In any case, eff off Zavaleta, eff off Vanney. Why not put on Bakero, Telfer or Fraser when taking off Chapman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the tacticical change by TFC made by the Limpact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta will get no presents from Vanney this Chrismas. He has gifted him too many minutes already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think Vanney needs to go. This is the third or fourth time he has brought off a midfielder for a dman when we need a goal. Was he playing for a nil draw ?

Btw i dislike tsn and Caldwell very much. Two games ago I had to mute him because he talks so much. I was Watch in the mls feed earlier, lower quality man the chants are awesome to hear, and just peaceful.

As I type this Caldwell hasn't stopped talking about zaveleta for the last 3m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol awkward, bono has been good this game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game if lost by Seba’s Lacklustre should be a goal miss , and of course Vanneys ridiculous backing of Zavaleta’s cocky deficiencies. Can’t think of any coach who trying to win a game subs in a defender ( subpar at best ) removing a mid , also not ready for prime time but Vanney has a problem thinking this team can defend anything . So why try ? They are all lacking a proven game plan , or a coach that’s I’d misusing what he is left to utilize . Whose at fault Vanney Bez ? It will be the same next year without some form of change . Montreal is more exciting and that’s a massive drop . To many apologists as usual . Paying seasons for a team with too many passengers is not fun . It must be in Vanneys DNA to always too late sub in a defender when tied or losing . That’s is a joke .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sums up our season. Well, that's that, then. I have nothing more to say after that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono with a decent game....until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our season was summed up by the game where zavleta tripped over himself heading the ball to the striker lol.
    This a close second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal still not making the playoffs though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow what a epic failure.

See you all on Sunday, last game and all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best can hope for his a win lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthelight_ View Post
    Montreal still not making the playoffs though
    If the Crew don't screw up, sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bono with a decent game....until then.
    We made the wrong off season changes and Bono isn't ready for prime time, skilled as he is.

Why oh why would anyone ever break up one of the best back lines in league history? It probably came across as pretty merciless to a team that just nailed down a treble. Maybe all the money-and-aging issues this year had more to do with the lack of fight than anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Caldwell with a clanger in his commentary
    What did Caldwell say? I was blissfully unaware, watching a stream with no commentary whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. Next week either NYRB or Atlanta beat our record to put the cherry on fucking top.

But hey, at least it's over. Hope we come back next year. I really hope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Game if lost by Seba’s Lacklustre should be a goal miss , and of course Vanneys ridiculous backing of Zavaleta’s cocky deficiencies. .
    We were getting killed on both wings. Thus go to a 3-5-2. Actually made some sense and stopped Montreal pretty effectively. That the choice of the 3rd CB is so bad is a mix of 2 players seriously regressing & the team not getting a decent 4th CB in.

Brain farts cost us this game, all over the pitch. Janson miss, Seba miss, Delgado passes to give away plays, Osorio under passing a number of players, Chapman & Auro slowing things down too much, Bradley hesitating, Morgan unable to stop a 36 year old getting past him. Passing was some of the worse we've seen all season. Everybody looked tired.

VDW & Mavinga were decent enough in defence and Bono had a good game until he lost his head on that one.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    What did Caldwell say? I was blissfully unaware, watching a stream with no commentary whatsoever.
    Back when the ref awarded the penalty to Montréal after his video review, Caldwell was adamant that the ref made the wrong decision. He was talking about how it wasn't a penalty and that we were hard done by.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the good part is next year can’t be any worse in the cumulative total of embarrassing efforts and results. In addition there will be zero expectation compared to this year entering the season.

This year has been an abomination - However I would 100/100x take 2017 even if it meant this 2018 season. The championship will never be taken away from my memories, nor my emotions towards it. I’d much rather finish first one season and then last the next, then to finish third every year and never win it all - as a Leafs fan I would happily trade one Cup for a crapfest in the year following - ask Brewers fans after last night if after 36 years of not even making the WS whether they would trade one Championship for a few crappy seasons.....I’m sure NYRB fans would give a Shield back for an MLS Cup too....

I swore to myself after last year that if given the dream season I wouldn’t complain if this season sucked; and I won’t. In about 7 weeks only one team will end the season happily and the rest will have won the same thing we did this year. Personally I’m rooting for any West team to win and if not then anyone but Atlanta.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    the rest will have won the same thing we did this year.
    Technically, we do have the Canadian Championship...

Anyways, I told several people over the past two years that we should cherish the successes that we've had. Nothing will ever take away from the great few years that we've had. This season has brought us all back down to earth, and I'm hoping that TFC get that motivation back that guided us to a legendary 2017 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season just keeps getting worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Back when the ref awarded the penalty to Montréal after his video review, Caldwell was adamant that the ref made the wrong decision. He was talking about how it wasn't a penalty and that we were hard done by.
    Not really a clanger as it was dubious and hardly "clear and obvious".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. Please give Zavaleta his walking papers. He is on for a minute or so, and gives up a penalty. Whether it was a borderline penalty or not, he looked totally out of place and grabbed Piatti's shirt because he couldn't defend against him. Please send him on his way. I can't even count how many games he has lost us.

And I would agree with folks that this was a bonehead substitution. Zavaleta has had a history this year of coming on late in the game and giving up goals. What was Vanney thinking? Atrocious and embarassing...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at it this way - how many of us old timers remember the 92 and 93 Jays? Those are vivid memories, the 1994-2014 seasons all pretty much blend together for the most part - off the top of my head I couldn’t give you specific memories of disappointing moments from the Jays in 1994-1997? Never mind the rest of those more recent years....the point is in 5 years, 2018 will fade away for the most part as being an annoyance, but the vivid memories of 2017 will last a lifetime. Sports are a horrible return on ones emotional and financial investment 95%+ of the time, we choose to be a fan knowing this fact, in exchange for the 5% of magical memories that we can hold on to forever; the previous two season gave us a lot of that 5% all at once so we convinced ourselves that this was the new normal - it’s simply not for about all of the franchises in this league - in a post expansion MLS with more DPs and talent spread out, it will be harder and harder to keep great teams together in the coming years....We will see what Atlanta can do next year to keep their super group together (Almiron and their coach may be gone?! (will Josef Martinez get sold?)?!), and they still have to win MLS Cup #1 and flamed out in US Open Cup this year.....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 10-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    ...And I would agree with folks that this was a bonehead substitution. Zavaleta has had a history this year of coming on late in the game and giving up goals. What was Vanney thinking? Atrocious and embarassing...
    The other options

Hagglund

or

stick with the 4-4-2 and watch Morgan get beaten ever more as he tires (subbing him for Telfer as a LB would be equally bad)

Both of those were probably worse ideas.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-21-2018 at 04:41 PM.