Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see Hamilton has earned a start here. Fraser too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Smart decision. Have him deal with the knee problem now, get it fixed so he has more time to recover and be good as new for next year.
    It will be great to have a healthy VV for the CCL next year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone with the nose save

And we've basically put 2 headers right at Hamid.

Nice to see Drew Moor out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is Mavinga injured again? Giovinco did not play at all for Italy and the Italy Poland game was Sunday , how long does it take to get from Italy? Bradley is there so why not these other two ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a game about trying out combinations. Hamilton & MmmBop with Bakero underneath is kinda intriguing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Where is Mavinga injured again?
    Mavinga has a hip injury that's keeping him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is a game about trying out combinations. Hamilton & MmmBop with Bakero underneath is kinda intriguing.
    It definitely is, but they have no chemistry with each other. Each player is playing their own game, sadly, and they have barely even linked with each other. It's resulted in slow, stale attacks. There's no movement, no energy, and no buzz in our attacks.

DC haven't been that good today, and they're there for the taking. We, however, haven't tested them much, which is a shame.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anybody else watching this game? Nice free kick from Rooney. I realize I'm awful at triple-tasking. Trying to watch TFC, CAN - US women's soccer match, and Raptors at the same time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akinola sighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're seeing more of the ball and are taking more control of the match, but this is the Portland game all over again: lack of numbers forward, lack of creativity, lack of attacking drive, and no one willing to step up. Tactics are all for naught here as DC are playing with more confidence and intensity than we are.

Also, why didn't we go to a back 4 after seeing DC sit back with so many numbers? With both Fraser and Bradley not going forward, we need more bodies forward. Morgan's now coming on for Hagglund, which doesn't make any sense. How is Morgan a significant improvement on Hagglund going forward?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavs with the brain cramp...DRINK!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this game it is evident, that TFC is nothing without Giovinco, Altidore, Vaz and Mavinga. They don’t have anybody out there who could score on a one legged 80 year old blind keeper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to harp on this for a while.

Auro slows the game down WAAAAY too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which brain cramp specifically? I was worried that my stream was behind, that there was maybe a PK coming that Zavs had caused, but I didn't see anything. The foul against Rooney wasn't a bad one to give.

The goal was due to a brain cramp by Bradley: stupid foul to commit.

Oh well, one less game to watch at the same time. Maybe TFC can put a bit more respectable team on the pitch vs. Montreal.

Good night.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have liked to see some pride at this point.of a slow motion trainwreck season.
    Nope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to harp on this for a while.

Auro slows the game down WAAAAY too much.
    Yup, I've always tried to excuse him for it (and today, the excuses may be valid), but he's done it way too often. In the wide areas,, he should be shaping up to cross the ball in, but he takes a while to settle on the ball. For a skillful player, he sure struggles to play at a quicker tempo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of parity in MLS. Games like this demonstrate how a few top players can make all the difference. This is what we had in 2016 and 2017, an avg team with a handful of stars who made the other players much better. Tonight was embarrassing. DC was in total control, allowing TFC to play tic a taca outside the box, knowing that they were unlikely to score with the players we had on the pitch. Anybody who thinks we should
    replace Seba or Altidore, should look back at these games, to see what could be in store for us in 2019.
    As much as I like Bradley, did he add a clause in his contract stipulating that he will not take a shot on goal in 2018? There were several moments in this game which called for him to step up and shoot the fu**ing ball. I was also disappointed with Morrow. He is half the player, he was in 2017. I suppose without Seba on the field telling him what to do, he really has no idea, what to do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso in that team would have meant a bit more thrust then all that cut.

A heck of a lot of works in progress out there tonight - wish one of them was a young defender learning from Moor. (Haglund & Zavs are a lost cause in my mind)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some impressive moments out there just didnt have that finishing touch.

Lots of fun to be at the stadium though as one of 3 fans there.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it wrong for me to say but put on the bench players and if possible bring up TFC2 players to keep our chances of getting a decent draft pick as rest of season means nothing, lets regroup next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    is it wrong for me to say but put on the bench players and if possible bring up TFC2 players to keep our chances of getting a decent draft pick as rest of season means nothing, lets regroup next year
    The Superdraft doesn’t really give you much in terms of talent like the other four leagues do (or draft money in MLB’s case).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    There is a lot of parity in MLS. Games like this demonstrate how a few top players can make all the difference. This is what we had in 2016 and 2017, an avg team with a handful of stars who made the other players much better. Tonight was embarrassing. DC was in total control, allowing TFC to play tic a taca outside the box, knowing that they were unlikely to score with the players we had on the pitch. Anybody who thinks we should
    replace Seba or Altidore, should look back at these games, to see what could be in store for us in 2019.
    As much as I like Bradley, did he add a clause in his contract stipulating that he will not take a shot on goal in 2018? There were several moments in this game which called for him to step up and shoot the fu**ing ball. I was also disappointed with Morrow. He is half the player, he was in 2017. I suppose without Seba on the field telling him what to do, he really has no idea, what to do.
    Man I died laughing at this......... I truly wonder If he did take a shot on target this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been watching the wayne rooney free kick on slo mo on youtube and I think Bono lets it in on purpose to give the game to DC as per script and to give a highlight for the highlight reels shows.
    first he has a fine view of the ball of the ball coming off of rooneys foot. he stands in the same spot for almost 1.5 seconds and then dives to his left and misses the ball.
    the ball takes around 1.5 seconds from Rooney's foot to the back of the net.
    the ball lands around 1 yard below the crossbar, this is around 7feet high when it goes in the net
    this is very important to note because bono is 6ft 3 inches tall with his arms outstretched he is about 8ft. the height of the crossbar

he is also kind of crouched down during the shot, his knees are bent lowering his height by around a foot.
    as the ball approaches he even goes down even lower for some reason

watch the replay of the shot in slow motion,
    the ball was from so far away all he had to do was see the ball off of rooneys foot, take a large step or two to his left and stand up straight raise his arms and the shot is stopped.
    not crouch down making himself small on a ball that has to go over a 6ft wall
    move, not stand there for 1.5 seconds
    and then of course dive for the cameras

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I have been watching the wayne rooney free kick on slo mo on youtube and I think Bono lets it in on purpose to give the game to DC as per script and to give a highlight for the highlight reels shows.
    LOLwut...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    LOLwut...
    watch it on youtube on 0.25 speed
    its obvious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    first he has a fine view of the ball of the ball coming off of rooneys foot. he stands in the same spot for almost 1.5 seconds and then dives to his left and misses the ball.
    the ball takes around 1.5 seconds from Rooney's foot to the back of the net.
    the ball lands around 1 yard below the crossbar, this is around 7feet high when it goes in the net
    this is very important to note because bono is 6ft 3 inches tall with his arms outstretched he is about 8ft. the height of the crossbar

he is also kind of crouched down during the shot, his knees are bent lowering his height by around a foot.
    as the ball approaches he even goes down even lower for some reason

watch the replay of the shot in slow motion,
    the ball was from so far away all he had to do was see the ball off of rooneys foot, take a large step or two to his left and stand up straight raise his arms and the shot is stopped.
    not crouch down making himself small on a ball that has to go over a 6ft wall
    move, not stand there for 1.5 seconds
    and then of course dive for the cameras
    Is this the result of legal weed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    that was quite a funny comment, i laughed when i read it but that being said please review below:

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself

you probably have this as well while were at it

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.
    Last edited by stevep; 10-18-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Man I died laughing at this......... I truly wonder If he did take a shot on target this season?

I was bored at work and looked it up. Bradley has taken 12 shots at goal and has 3 on goal in MLS play this season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Its his ouevre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)